Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation (34854 Views)

Oba Akiolu "Stylishly" Tells Atiku To Forget Nigerian Presidency / Atiku To Oyegun: You Can’t Break Rules Without Creating Problems / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ogene007: 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
SergeAlain:
I am sure the private investors wont mind, once you cough up the $2.5b they paid you in total for the assets plus any bank interest that has accrued since then, plus amounts they have since invested in replacing old transformers etc.

Sorry did i mention you also have to invite back the old PHCN workers most of whom had already been handsomely paid off, and then continue paying them salaries!!! Will be nice to see how you do this while also providing school meals, paying unemployment benefits to graduate along with all the other wonderful promises that underlined the change agenda.

This is without mentioning the terrible impact this will have on investor confidence when you then want to invite investors to build your railways, manage your airports etc.

Goodluck (Not GEJ oo) to you all, you will certainly need plenty of Patience( not PEJ oooo) over the next 4 years on power supply if GMB takes this poison pill advice from Atiku.

To imagine that these are the characters who are so close to the so-called Daura magician is so sickening. Nigeria is in for a really rough ride. What do you expect when over a hundred million nigerians allow some bunch of Almajiri underage voters to determine who occupies Aso Rock. Jega's INEC has committed the worst disservice to Nigeria as a nation, by midwifing the fraud in the name of elections, that threw up GMB as president-elect. Very soon, Liar Mohammed will come up with the usual APC damage control rebuttal of a press conference, disowning Atiku's position as not being the position of the party on the power sector.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by watchingin3D: 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

People have every right to criticize the outgoing president, they voted him in massively in 2011 but he woefully performed, tell me why they won't be mad at him. As for Buhari, if you start criticising him now, that's pure hate because he hasn't even been sworn in talk less of spending 1 year in office. Even if you benefitted from GEJ's corrupt empire or his small empowerment programmes, at least you shsecond chance when he was operating an untrollable and wasteful government
did you read your post? I suggest you cool down ,check or look up the meaning of hate before commenting.
Talking about benefiting from GEJ,I don't need to get anything from him to love him. I wish I could explain what the issues are but you are at liberty to think every one who supports GEJ does it for pecuniary gains.
I do not hate GMB but I do not trust him.I am duty bound to pray for my leaders and my country. Tnx
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
olaxy2:
GMB knows there's a lot of things to be dealt with. The Power Privatisation thing is also a cover up like the NNPC. u would marvel at things when the PHCN is revisited by the incoming govt. Heard they bought it amongst themselves.
meanwhile, if this is coming from Atiku then, the end of the world is at hand. God is watching.
hahaha..@"coming from Atiku, then the end....". Very true ooo!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ThisMeansWAR: 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
IfyAwazie:
Stll waiting for may 29th to iron my cloth. No light since oga jona lost to gmb.
Here too sad
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Wadosky(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Most of our problems started during the Obasanjo regime in 1999. I find it hypocritical that Nigerians will accuse GEJ for all the problems this country is facing.

no he should blame himself for covering up Obasanjos excesses.
He was bn overly too nice now see where it has taken him.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by omenka(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
obayaya:

I don't wanna believe you're a robot that supports everything APC spews..

Reversing the privatization will take Nigeria back by 5 years. Not to talk of the financial burden it will place on the "nearly empty" federal treasury.

The only Option the FG has if it wants to reverse the privatization is to buy it back at a price much more than what the companies paid for their disco..

And doing that will certainly scare other investors from participating in the next bid and erode investors confidence.

Because one thing investors hate is uncertainty..

And then, there's another point to consider, What makes you think the next bids will be better than the first?

These people complaining are merely doing so because they missed out and believe that now they are close to the government, they stand a better chance of buying one of the discos and gencos
Oga, keep your opinion to yourself. If you think I'm a robot, so be it. If condemning what I know was wrong means being robotic, then I don't mind being a robot. The privatisation must be reversed, period.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Wadosky(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't understand this country. ,
this morning on channels , the man from nerc agreed or admitted that Nigerians are bn over billed I mean why must we be at the receiving end.
what sort of leaders have we?
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by iliyande(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
ogene007:

To imagine that these are the characters who are so close to the so-called Daura magician is so sickening. Nigeria is in for a really rough ride. What do you expect when over a hundred million nigerians allow some bunch of Almajiri underage voters to determine who occupies Aso Rock. Jega's INEC has committed the worst disservice to Nigeria as a nation, by midwifing the fraud in the name of elections, that threw up GMB as president-elect. Very soon, Liar Mohammed will come up with the usual APC damage control rebuttal of a press conference, disowning Atiku's position as not being the position of the party on the power sector.

The only difference between you and Orubebe is that Orubebe went on physical confrontation but you choose online way.

Therefore you are now called e-orubebe.

No matter what happened in the election, it is more transparent than the past ones.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiaka:

Whats your source or proof or you just talking........
hey madam nasty! Don't ever quote me again ti o ba fe Jere awon omo e!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Chiaka(f): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
njays24:
hey madam nasty! Don't ever quote me again ti o ba fe Jere awon omo e!

Its called a forum!!!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Buhari killed his wife and injected sickle cell into his daughter who later died because he hated her.- AIT

And you want AIT to be following Buhari anywhere he goes?

AIT never see anything
shocked shocked Ol boy! See accusations o! AIT can rot in hell angry
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiaka:

Its called a forum!!!
like I care..!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Chiaka(f): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
njays24:
like I care..!

Then you should be on nairaland! serious! lol!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Chiaka(f): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
njays24:
like I care..!

Then you shouldnt be on nairaland! serious! lol!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by IGBOSON2: 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
anonimi:
Because Athief'ku missed out from the deal, not so

What a SELFISH old crook shocked

^^^They should also revisit how his company INTELS got to have such a monopoly over Onne Port! Was the initial bidding process open and fair to all?

Methinks he's still smarting over not getting a thick juicy slice of the electricity privatisation like he did with other businesses he aquired during the OBJ years!

It will soon dawn on everyone just what this 'changi' is all about: restoring the criminal business/investment advantages the 'owners of Nigeria' and their southern allies had over everyone else which GEJ frustrated to a large extent as he tried to level the playing field!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by HzRF(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Buhari killed his wife and injected sickle cell into his daughter who later died because he hated her.- AIT

And you want AIT to be following Buhari anywhere he goes?

AIT never see anything
Buhari need to audit Aro
They are letting mad pple to flee anyhow
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by HzRF(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

GEJ met a problem and instead of solving it, he added more to it, that's how he was judged. In 6 years as president, Nigerians expect improvement, not beating around the same problem.

Do you remember there was no single telecom company in Nogeria when OBj over office? He didn't need to be blaming IBB and Anacha for the problems, he solved it with seriousness.
Hw many fg road in gud condition did gej met
Hw many did he left
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Eluwilussit(m): 4:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
vizkiz:

should I eat rice and beans or vegetabe and fufu for lunch...please advice sad

Mix them! grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by nuges1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
The privatization of NITEL too should be reversed...
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by olalekan1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
When GEJ won in 2011, I said that he will be a loser if at the end if his tenure, he failed to give Nigerians stable and unterrupted power supply.

The same thing I will say to GMB, if at the end of his tenure, he failed to give Nigerians stable power supply, he will also be among the losers.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by bigmummy7(f): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
op Source pls
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Kog45(m): 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
obayaya:

Were you enjoying Adequate power 4 years ago?

For God's sake, This Companies took control of their discos and Gencos less than 2 years ago.. And you expect them to wave a magic wand and give you constant electricity?
That's the problem with Nigeria.. We
want everything sharp sharp.
Most of these companies just finished consolidating their controls over their various assets and are in the process of updating their customers database and planning for a better distribution protocol
All of which are on hold right now due to the uncertainty and rumours that the incoming government will buy back theDiscos and Gencos
pls I don't want us to see d issue as GEJ vs GMB bcs electricity is one of d critical factor of Nigeria economy.The history of privatization of PHCN is still very fresh in our memory and we Nigerians demanded for it bcs we believe that selling of PHCN will give us d same success recorded in d
telecom sector,but d reverse is d case in d electricity sector.What we are witnessing in electricity is a serious issue that must be address by incoming administration.If I may ask is privatization of electricity working,is it a sham or are we ready for privatization or we just do it for privatization sake,these are d questions we need to ask ourselves as a Nigerian.If telecom can recorded a success with little frame of time,why not electricity.We don't need to give excuses on behalf of d investors bcs what they promise us and d govt is giving stable electricity.If GEJ knew thing will turn out like this.he will never privatize PHCN bcs electricity improvement alone would have gv GEJ 2nd term.Let us be sincere,is there any difference btw PHCN and d new companies In term of operation and discharge of duties,honestly no difference bcs d privatization was done on paper and not technical ground.If it is reversation of selling of PHCN will give us light let it be but if it is privatization that will give us light let it be bcs Nigerians are tired of lack of electricity.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Raypawer(m): 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
olaxy2:
GMB knows there's a lot of things to be dealt with. The Power Privatisation thing is also a cover up like the NNPC. u would marvel at things when the PHCN is revisited by the incoming govt. Heard they bought it amongst themselves.
meanwhile, if this is coming from Atiku then, the end of the world is at hand. God is watching.

honestly if this is comming from Atiku, then he must have been left behind as PHCN was just in the hands of political cabals of Nigeria
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by breakeven: 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
There we go again. I have always known that this man does not care about nigeria, he only wanted to rule Nigeria for his pocket. If Buhari want to succeed he should not listen to this advise from Atiku. Except Buhari want to spend his four year without success in the electricity sector. We have gone too far to start all over again. Let us give it to Gej, in this sector he has tried.let GMB continue from where he stopped. Going back will be suicidal for the sector.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by stchinedu: 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Most of our problems started during the Obasanjo regime in 1999. I find it hypocritical that Nigerians will accuse GEJ for all the problems this country is facing.

My brother try and be straight...stop saying people are hypocritical when you are not different in anyway.
Nobody is praising Obasanjo ' administration or saying it is free from corruption. But GEJ administration made corruption to sky rocket. Truth be told, I do not blame GEJ myself but it happened under his administration...He allowed those rogues to stain his administration, knowing full well he is the one people will blame because it is his administration. He messed up period!!!
Trying to shift GEJ ' mess to obasanjo is the height of hypocrisy.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by obayaya(m): 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
Oga, keep your opinion to yourself. If you think I'm a robot, so be it. If condemning what I know was wrong is means being robotic, then I don't mind being a robot. The privatisation must be reversed, period.

The privatization must be reversed? To what end?

To whose benefit?

Kog45:
pls I don't want us to see d issue as GEJ vs GMB bcs electricity is one of d critical factor of Nigeria economy.The history of privatization of PHCN is still very fresh in our memory and we Nigerians demanded for it bcs we believe that selling of PHCN will give us d same success recorded in d
telecom sector,but d reverse is d case in d electricity sector.What we are witnessing in electricity is a serious issue that must be address by incoming administration.If I may ask is privatization of electricity working,is it a sham or are we ready for privatization or we just do it for privatization sake,these are d questions we need to ask ourselves as a Nigerian.If telecom can recorded a success with little frame of time,why not electricity.We don't need to give excuses on behalf of d investors bcs what they promise us and d govt is giving stable electricity.If GEJ knew thing will turn out like this.he will never privatize PHCN bcs electricity improvement alone would have gv GEJ 2nd term.Let us be sincere,is there any difference btw PHCN and d new companies In term of operation and discharge of duties,honestly no difference bcs d privatization was done on paper and not technical ground.If it is reversation of selling of PHCN will give us light let it be but if it is privatization that will give us light let it be bcs Nigerians are tired of lack of electricity.

You are missing the point..

These companies inherited sub entities of PHCN with all the inherent faults and shortcomings.. With the hope that these companies will bring the "Private sector expertise and commitment" to bear and improve the operations of their discos.

These guys took over less than 2 years ago.. And you cannot say they've failed just after 2 years.. Without considering that not many new MW of power is coming on stream and that the transmission infrastructure which is still under the control of the FG hasn't changed much.

Just like in any investment, you'll need time.. These new companies need time.

And reversing the privatization will take us back to square 1
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ahbey(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
Now Atiku will be talking as if na holy man.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
chamboy:
but not to this extreme

You didn't see the fox documentary that called obama the anti-christ? funny enough he (obama) made a joke of it after winning his first term election.... lol
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by CriticalThought: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
olaxy2:

If done right, power privatization is a good thing. government hands have been on this thing since the days of our elders, there has been no progress, let private companies(legitimate) handle it

Just include a bit of government oversight so they dont get carried away with billing etc
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by CriticalThought: 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Telecoms sector is a success in private hands and so will electricity, dont listen to Atiku
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Arnoldo(m): 5:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

GEJ met a problem and instead of solving it, he added more to it, that's how he was judged. In 6 years as president, Nigerians expect improvement, not beating around the same problem.

Do you remember there was no single telecom company in Nogeria when OBj over office? He didn't need to be blaming IBB and Anacha for the problems, he solved it with seriousness.
D move for d telecom stuff u are talking bout was started by abacus and finalised by obj.......obj was a president and a minister and no account was in place and his head was not called for cos everyone dey fear their head....now Jonathan has given freedom of expression dats y even cockroaches dey shout freely
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by justicesky24(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thats gud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers State Collation Officer, Prof Adias alleges threat to life, family / Lead Us To Sambisa Forest, Danjuma Tells Jonathan / Lai Mohammed: Twitter's Mission In Nigeria Is Suspicious (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.