Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation (34847 Views)

Oba Akiolu "Stylishly" Tells Atiku To Forget Nigerian Presidency / Atiku To Oyegun: You Can’t Break Rules Without Creating Problems / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by agabaI23(m): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

You didn't read through, the first paragraph was for OBJ while the second was for GEJ. The difference between both privatization processes was, one was successfully and strictly implemented, the other was shabbily and incompetently implemented
Can you give instances to prove that the privatisation was not properly done with concrete evidence not matter of subjective reasoning?

Were you referring to GSM licensing as privatization sir? Hmmmm double hmmmm

The privatisation under in telecoms under OBJ was that of NITEL and it was overseen by Atiku wink

2 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by SergeAlain: 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Stchinedu,

I like your sincerity. However let us appreciate that corruption is an intangible quantity and is very difficult to measure. Genuinely, absolute corruption has been on the increase in Nigeria from day 1, hence it is higher in each successive administration. However people forget that the man who steals in the day does not necessarily steal more than the guy who steals at night. it is just that his theft is more obvious.

The point i am making is that GEJ's rule coincides with the explosion of online nigeria. Under OBJ how many blogs were there? how many fora? even nairaland was in its infancy? there was even no BBM to talk of facebook or twitter, no saharareporters etc.. Hence GEJ's failing were well publicized, while OBJ's had the benefit of minimum exposure. e.g. OBJ tried unsuccessfully to remove the fuel subsidy at least 2 times, but when GEJ tried it once, what happened? An online/blog inspired revolution (ably supported by the opposition).

Bottom line there are very few of the systemic failures we experienced under GEJ whose seeds were not already growing under OBJ. E.g. we say NNPC's accounts are messy, and i agree. But do you remember that OBJ closely oversaw those accounts (as Minister of Petroleum under his own regime) for two terms?

We can certainly criticize GEJ for not meeting our expectations, we have every right to do so, our standards are higher now, and our patience is even less and those can only be good for Nigeria. However, if we compare him to any of the other leaders of this Country before him, it would be fair to say he did a decent job given the circumstances he faced (boko haram and heightened ethnic tensions). The anger is still high now and i don't expect most people to agree. However, i am confident that when posterity looks at his 6 years, they will regard him favorably compared to his forebears.

stchinedu:

My brother try and be straight...stop saying people are hypocritical when you are not different in anyway.
Nobody is praising Obasanjo ' administration or saying it is free from corruption. But GEJ administration made corruption to sky rocket. Truth be told, I do not blame GEJ myself but it happened under his administration...He allowed those rogues to stain his administration, knowing full well he is the one people will blame because it is his administration. He messed up period!!!
Trying to shift GEJ ' mess to obasanjo is the height of hypocrisy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by NZEGWUAGU(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Yes it should be reversed so that the almighty Atiku will buy one of the firms before we can move forward!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by iskay1971: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't trust Atiku on this. If gmb reversed phcn privatization what is he suggesting the government should do with it? On the other hand, if there is anything to be revisited in process for the purpose of perfection let that alone be done, it is okay by me and I think by many fellow nigerians. The incoming administration should not take the nation aback in anyway. God help GMB, God bless Nigeria.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Alphaoscar: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
HzRF:
Buhari need to audit Aro They are letting mad pple to flee anyhow

obviously you will be one of the first inmates with ffk and co
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by peedeeasobie(m): 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:
Buhari killed his wife and injected sickle cell into his daughter who later died because he hated her.- AIT

And you want AIT to be following Buhari anywhere he goes?

AIT never see anything

Kindly read the post very well and slowly before you comment...

Thank me later
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Elder4all(m): 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
I thinks maybe ure seeing the supply in ur area if not u won't be saying this.......
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Elder4all(m): 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
baby124:
Electricity is better in private hands with government regulation

U have a point!!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Cuzz: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
I concur wt Atiku, Jona shared the thing among themselves, heard he's the owner of Enugu Disco covering the whole of south east and the wife PH disco.He fronted Sir Emeka offor as the owner for Enugu Disco.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by stchinedu: 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
SergeAlain:
Stchinedu,

I like your sincerity. However let us appreciate that corruption is an intangible quantity and is very difficult to measure. Genuinely, absolute corruption has been on the increase in Nigeria from day 1, hence it is higher in each successive administration. However people forget that the man who steals in the day does not necessarily steal more than the guy who steals at night. it is just that his theft is more obvious.

The point i am making is that GEJ's rule coincides with the explosion of online nigeria. Under OBJ how many blogs were there? how many fora? even nairaland was in its infancy? there was even no BBM to talk of facebook or twitter, no saharareporters etc.. Hence GEJ's failing were well publicized, while OBJ's had the benefit of minimum exposure. e.g. OBJ tried unsuccessfully to remove the fuel subsidy at least 2 times, but when GEJ tried it once, what happened? An online/blog inspired revolution (ably supported by the opposition).

Bottom line there are very few of the systemic failures we experienced under GEJ whose seeds were not already growing under OBJ. E.g. we say NNPC's accounts are messy, and i agree. But do you remember that OBJ closely oversaw those accounts (as Minister of Petroleum under his own regime) for two terms?

We can certainly criticize GEJ for not meeting our expectations, we have every right to do so, our standards are higher now, and our patience is even less and those can only be good for Nigeria. However, if we compare him to any of the other leaders of this Country before him, it would be fair to say he did a decent job given the circumstances he faced (boko haram and heightened ethnic tensions). The anger is still high now and i don't expect most people to agree. However, i am confident that when posterity looks at his 6 years, they will regard him favorably compared to his forebears.

My brother, you really have a point there...It's unfortunate things have come to be this way.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ceejay80s(m): 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
No light No fuel We are doomed in nigeria Next go be ....... No water Followed by no air

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by gp6liveth(m): 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
Atiku is a slowpoke. He should seek the counsel of an economist before talking.

He should also tell us what drives a developed country when it was a developing or transitional nation, was it private or public sector driven?
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Caseless:
Another heavy knock hanging loose to land on gej's head.
He thinks we are going to let him resign to his otuoke mini-paradise-mansion in peace. NO!
We shall keep opening his files to burst some of his political mishap in the name of privatization and some sandy policies he put in place.

Tribalism de hurt o!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
Reversing it isn't the solution. Making enabling law that will make the buyers of PHCN more responsive to the Nigerian masses is what we need.

A situation whereby there won't be power supply and Nigerians are forced to pay bill must stop.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by vikyno(m): 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
Rubbish! What moral ground does He have to label OBJ corrupt when he was part of the govt

Haliburton Scandal still comes to mind. Bunch of hypocrites shouting "change" up and down.

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by dotwyz: 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Most of our problems started during the Obasanjo regime in 1999. I find it hypocritical that Nigerians will accuse GEJ for all the problems this country is facing.

Yes that is true but when gej come to power his curruptible gvt. cause a lot more in our country i dont even know how a person in power can said thief is not a corroption as a leader to the followers what did he espect from the follower when get an opportunity to that power that is'nt a good sentence in that position ogah sha may lord help us in this country ni ooo....
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by vhw2014: 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://leadership.ng/news/429136/atiku-to-buhari-reverse-phcn-privatisation

i strongly concur because ever since phcn was privatized last year they stopped coming to read my meter. instead they keep giving me estimated bills. the only thing that consumes a lot of current in my house is the fridge, i dont even own a t.v or a.c yet i was given a bill for 24,000 naira in one single month! only in naija.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by shittukamlad: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
GMB knows what is good for Nigerians, so stop showing loyalty with your advice.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by EngrSirwhite: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Caseless:
Another heavy knock hanging loose to land on gej's head.
He thinks we are going to let him resign to his otuoke mini-paradise-mansion in peace. NO!
We shall keep opening his files to burst some of his political mishap in the name of privatization and some sandy policies he put in place.

I guess u speak from ur kidney. In case u don't knw who privatised phcn, go nd consult history
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Missonas(f): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
Atiku is one to talk after he and obsanjo ruined Nitel.Selling it to mushroom companies and now 10years later them still dey announce buyer.He's ryt tho he don learn lesson

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Osakah24(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

GEJ met a problem and instead of solving it, he added more to it, that's how he was judged. In 6 years as president, Nigerians expect improvement, not beating around the same problem.

Do you remember there was no single telecom company in Nogeria when OBj over office? He didn't need to be blaming IBB and Anacha for the problems, he solved it with seriousness.
this is just april 2015,abeg when did u start counting to arrive at six years?,i thought this 6 yrs stuff was merely 4 election purposes?.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Missonas(f): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
sweetguy26:

Most of our problems started during the Obasanjo regime in 1999. I find it hypocritical that Nigerians will accuse GEJ for all the problems this country is facing.
Exactly!They put us in the mess we are today one still has d impetus to vie for power and the other is trying so hard to be in the good books of those in power.GEJ's appointment shows that the world is watching PGEJ was ryt afterall dia really is God ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nicepoker(m): 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
IfyAwazie:
Stll waiting for may 29th to iron my cloth. No light since oga jona lost to gmb.
which part of the country is that?
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Nicepoker(m): 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Well......on the one hand...good idea...on the other....it might not make things better.

Modified: The key problems are generation and transmission. GMB should devote time and energy to rectifying those issues.

Since everyone does not like nuclear power for generation.....we should explore solar, coal and gas fired plants.
from research solar will be much expensive for consumers. Coal is not suitable for the environment either.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Daykoozy(m): 1:27am On Apr 29, 2015
baby124:
Electricity is better in private hands with government regulation
But not in the hands of public official cronies. They are privatizing everything Russian style, at least the Russians are still technically competent. Ours just take their bags home!
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by ohenhen1: 4:06am On Apr 29, 2015
Atiku is deviating from the APC manefesto. APC will privatize transmission and decentralize power. Atiku doesn't speak for the party. I doubt Buhari will listen to him.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by vanunu: 5:48am On Apr 29, 2015
Kog45:
pls I don't want us to see d issue as GEJ vs GMB bcs electricity is one of d critical factor of Nigeria economy.The history of privatization of PHCN is still very fresh in our memory and we Nigerians demanded for it bcs we believe that selling of PHCN will give us d same success recorded in d
telecom sector,but d reverse is d case in d electricity sector.What we are witnessing in electricity is a serious issue that must be address by incoming administration.If I may ask is privatization of electricity working,is it a sham or are we ready for privatization or we just do it for privatization sake,these are d questions we need to ask ourselves as a Nigerian.If telecom can recorded a success with little frame of time,why not electricity.We don't need to give excuses on behalf of d investors bcs what they promise us and d govt is giving stable electricity.If GEJ knew thing will turn out like this.he will never privatize PHCN bcs electricity improvement alone would have gv GEJ 2nd term.Let us be sincere,is there any difference btw PHCN and d new companies In term of operation and discharge of duties,honestly no difference bcs d privatization was done on paper and not technical ground.If it is reversation of selling of PHCN will give us light let it be but if it is privatization that will give us light let it be bcs Nigerians are tired of

lack of electricity.

Are u a mad man, why compare investment in telecom with that of electricity. Did the telecom companies cover the whole country in less than two years?
Do u know that some parts of this country still don't have telephone network coverage.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by vanunu: 5:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Akiika:
Yes!!!! GMB should reverse it!
They sold it to themselves without any inkling of how to run it!
Reverse it and let the companies that can run it bid for it.
Oshisco!!!

Which companies are talking about, apart from geometrics and maybe one or two others, or are u talking of foreign companies.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by eaglechild: 6:08am On Apr 29, 2015
Cuzz:
I concur wt Atiku, Jona shared the thing among themselves, heard he's the owner of Enugu Disco covering the whole of south east and the wife PH disco.He fronted Sir Emeka offor as the owner for Enugu Disco.
No Buhari is the owner of PH Disco and Zahra owns Enugu Disco.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by eaglechild: 6:15am On Apr 29, 2015
SergeAlain:
Stchinedu,

Fact.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by Kog45(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2015
vanunu:

Are u a mad man, why compare investment in telecom with that of electricity. Did the telecom companies cover the whole country in less than two years?
Do u know that some parts of this country still don't have telephone network coverage.
What a mad man go to do with comparing a successful telecom with electricity for God sake.I have every reason to compare the two bcs telecom remain only reference point when we are talking of successful privatization in Nigeria and it must be use by any sensible critics to analyze privatization theory in Nigeria.If u are telling me I can't compare d two to drive my point on privatization in Nigeria,then u must be insane for calling me a mad man.
Re: Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation by baralatie(m): 8:39am On Apr 29, 2015
sweetguy26:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Embarrassed In Dubai For Associating With Buhari / Lagos Governorship Election Result / 2023: PDP Governors Kick As Atiku Plans To Retain Peter Obi As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.