Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... (36661 Views)

14-Year-Old Housemaid Poisons Her Boss With Rat Poison In Ondo (Photo) / Cleaner Steals $2600 From His Boss & Was Caught. See How He Shared The Money / How A Female Boss Was Kidnapped By Her Own Driver In Lagos [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=gabriel74 post=35219732]Even when it has happen to me at oshodi back then, when i explained to people they laugh me saying its mere a 419 and no charm, Believe me ,Charm is attached to it. I bought watch at oshodi, The seller was just right there in front of me, After collecting the money, he ask me to put the watch in a brown envelop and i was looking at it with joy- I left .i was in the bus when i noticed that the watch has now turned to a small pieces of stone. I still took it home to show people. Some believe and some did not.[/quote

On the surface, just based on hearsay, one is almost tempted to believe jazz. The problem is when u look at the EVIDENCE. Anyone who has that kind of power would be extremely rich and powerful. Yet they rarely are. Nigeria would be much more advanced than USA because US has no jazz. Banks, lotteries, stock markets, state secrets, passwords, BVN, etc would not be possible because jazz people would be able to disrupt everything.

Just think. Look at the REAL evidence around u, not anecdotal stuff.

2 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by sonnie10: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
denitro:
Yes. It happened to me opposite Ikeja Airport Hotel.
I changed some dollars to the tune of N150,000. The guy gave me a bundle of N1000, which I counted
it was 99 pieces. He then gave me 1 N1000 to add to the bundle, which I did. He then gave me another bundle
of N500, I also counted it and again it was 99 pieces, I found it strange, but wasnt suspicious.
He gave me 1 N500 note which I added, I gave him the dollars and was on the way. When I got home I noticed that
the N1000 bundle was short (N32,000) and the N500 bundle short by N16,000. I fainted....

Till today I strongly believe the 1 note he gave me did the damage....

It is not magic and let me explain. At some point, you must have given him the money that was not complete to recount. Because he was prepared to dupe you, he had another bundle in his pocket or bag which was even lesser (N32,000 less than the first bundle). Because you were not aware of what he was about to do, what he only did was to grab the N99000 bundle in one hand, put the same hand in the bag and brought out this lesser bundle which you believed was still the first bundle, while pretending to look for N1000 to add to it. That was when he switched the bundles. Then, to make you believe that he was honest, he added the N1000 to that new bundle. What you did not know was that this new bundle was different. And because everything was happening right in front of you, the was no reason to suspect that he was manipulating.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
architez:

There is one BIG proof that jazz is fake. Here it is: WHY NOT USE JAZZ TO GET ALL THE MONEY IN BANKS; OR KNOW WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS; OR MANIPULATE THE STOCK MARKET??

Why didn't the lady give the 1000 naira note to the bank and take the bank's money??

Anyway, I can tell this is a made-up story.

**Modified**

MY VERY FIRST POST ON NAIRALAND AND IT MADE FRONT PAGE!!! HURRAY!!!!

Folks, I just registered about two hours ago.
I've been a member of nairaland for about 2 HOURS!!!

Any "welcome" or advice or encouragement would be appreciated.

I LOVE NAIRALAND!!!!!
u are most welcome newbie, I can see why ur so excited,na Godwin as u don join nairaland

3 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by dwayni: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lmao, bullshits like this annoys the heck out me. So the money disappeared huh? Lol

Its so sad people actually believe this exist.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by bacco2000(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
Something of this nature happened at abeokuta too, two guys went to where they are selling motorbikes and they purchased two bikes and paid the exact amount for the bikes which the seller counted and keep and give receipt, just 5 minutes to their departure. The man checked the money they paid in #1000 denomination only for him to find #100 and some lower denominations, He pursued them but could not see them.
Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by iamkingzlee(m): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
Haaa! shocked Nigerians haven't still understood this one?? Smh..... I fell for this stuff twice!!! *E do me like film* I never will forget both days.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by oyejideogunjumo: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
WHEN WE TELL PEOPLE THAT THIS WORLD IS 99% SPIRITUAL THEY WONT TAKE IT.THIS IS JUST A CHILD'S PLAY.
WHY DID THE WOMAN INSIST THE RETURNED N500 SHOULD BE TUCKED BACK TO THE SAME PLACE?
MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF (spiritual) KNOWLEDGE.

2 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by MrCEO69(m): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Gbam. Nigerians will believe anything.
guy this happen to us in our shop bck den, very early in the morning dey came to buy flat screen tv of 80k den, they paid, as soon as they left the money changed to lower values..

Evil thus exist!! Blive it or not.. Na ur own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
u are most welcome newbie, I can see why ur so excited,na Godwin as u don join nairaland

Thanks a lot my sister. It is really exciting indeed.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by baba11(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
I knew someone who had an Xperience too and cos she's aged and they got away with the 180k she withdrew from the bank, if u bank in fagba pls be alert and beware, na woman dem use for her too , that's why I can't give anybody lift.. Na ur own u dey if u do, street is damn hot niggaz everywhere , don't get played
O gosh!!!....This is near my area...as a Lagos boi,we're are always conscious of people like them and from mere dressing alone,you shall know them

Life experience: Was going to an interview @ lekki this week Wednesday.

Was about entering brt but there was no change so I collected transport fare from a guy and a woman.

Through that, the guy started conversing with me upon entering the bus and made sure he sat beside me.

To cut the long story short,he asked of my name;degree status and so on....i was thinking at the back of my mind that these people have come again.

Without mincing words,I told him straight away that I don't talk with a stranger but for him to impress me he made a fake phone calls............. .

TO BE CONTINUE......
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by mysteryman2014: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=rottenegg post=35193540]All liars, scammers, thieves, rapists, fraudsters, paedophiles, terrorist, suicide bombers, polithiefcians will go to hell....less they repent.[/quote

Hell unreal
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=oyejideogunjumo post=35221613]WHEN WE TELL PEOPLE THAT THIS WORLD IS 99% SPIRITUAL THEY WONT TAKE IT.THIS IS JUST A CHILD'S PLAY.
WHY DID THE WOMAN INSIST THE RETURNED N500 SHOULD BE TUCKED BACK TO THE SAME PLACE?

WHY DIDN'T THE WOMAN GIVE THE MONEY IN THE BANK AND GET MUCH MORE MONEY AND BECOME RICH AND POWERFUL AND STOP ASKING FOR RIDES.

ANSWER THAT.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by nakoks(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
baba11:

O gosh!!!....This is near my area...as a Lagos boi,we're are always conscious of people like them and from mere dressing alone,you shall know them

Life experience: Was going to an interview @ lekki this week Wednesday.

Was about entering brt but there was no change so I collected transport fare from a guy and a woman.

Through that, the guy started conversing with me upon entering the bus and made sure he sat beside me.

To cut the long story short,he asked of my name;degree status and so on....i was thinking at the back of my mind that these people have come again.

Without mincing words,I told him straight away that I don't talk with a stranger but for him to impress me he made a fake phone calls............. .

TO BE CONTINUE......
Better come back here and finish this story.Has anyone on this thread said to be continued?where are you from sef?

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by tolex09(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
architez:

There is one BIG proof that jazz is fake. Here it is: WHY NOT USE JAZZ TO GET ALL THE MONEY IN BANKS; OR KNOW WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS; OR MANIPULATE THE STOCK MARKET??

Why didn't the lady give the 1000 naira note to the bank and take the bank's money??

**Modified**

I LOVE NAIRALAND!!!!!
well said bro....i support u 100%

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Lucasbalo(m): 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
MrCEO69:

guy this happen to us in our shop bck den, very early in the morning dey came to buy flat screen tv of 80k den, they paid, as soon as they left the money changed to lower values..

Evil thus exist!! Blive it or not.. Na ur own.
I know evil exist but that one is strange. Maybe it's the American water in me. I am still doubtful but you may be right.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Whymee: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
denigirlfriend5220748: Yes. It happened to me opposite Ikeja Airport Hotel.
I changed some dollars to the tune of N150,000. The guy gave me a bundle of N1000, which I counted
it was 99 pieces. He then gave me 1 N1000 to add to the bundle, which I did. He then gave me another bundle
of N500, I also counted it and again it was 99 pieces, I found it strange, but wasnt suspicious.
He gave me 1 N500 note which I added, I gave him the dollars and was on the way. When I got home I noticed that
the N1000 bundle was short (N32,000) and the N500 bundle short by N16,000. I fainted....

Till today I strongly believe the 1 note he gave me did the damage....

What happened to you is a sharp practice, that's the logic behind it, every denomination given to you in quantity will be less than one, this is to prevent you from further counting when he gives you the 1 denomination that was less. If you had shine and open your eyes widely, while he was putting his hand into his pocket to bring out the less (one note), he had already made a return of fewer notes from the already counted notes. This you won't realise, until you get home. Its not jazz but smartness and sharp practise.

This is happening to you because you're also "greedy" sorry about that, his offer is above the exchange rate at that point in time.

Be Wise.

To the OP

Your girlfriend/the old woman wih or without the banker are working as a team. Its very easy to replace those mentioned denomination because of same size and easy availability of the lower denomination for a which swap of higher one. In similar scam, old dailies are cut to size.

If your girlfriend boss had initiated an arrest on her, you will be surprise and dissppointed in her during confession, but unfortunately her boss also believe in african magic.

What a world.

2 Likes

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
bacco2000:
Something of this nature happened at abeokuta too, two guys went to where they are selling motorbikes and they purchased two bikes and paid the exact amount for the bikes which the seller counted and keep and give receipt, just 5 minutes to their departure. The man checked the money they paid in #1000 denomination only for him to find #100 and some lower denominations, He pursued them but could not see them.
Pathetic.

The universe is unimaginably weird, so anything is possible. But I choose to go by EVIDENCE. If jazz were real, advanced nations would never win the world cup, only countries like Nigeria.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by banky222: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
beware of CHANGE
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by oyejideogunjumo: 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=architez post=35221966][/quote]
ALTHOUGH I DIDNT GET UR QUESTION WELL. I THINK U WERE ASKING WHY THE WOMAN DIDNT GET MONEY FROM D BANK VAULT MYSTERIOUSLY?
WELL POWERS ARE IN LEVELS.IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU GET TO ESPECIALLY DARK POWERS.
ONLY GOD'S POWER IS ABSOLUTE. JESUS SAID IF YOU HAVE FAITH LIKE MUSTARD SEED U WILL COMMAND MOUNTAIN.
ONLY FEAR CAN PUNCTURE UR POWER AS IT HAPPENED TO PETER WALKING ON THE SEE. DAVID DEFEATED GOLIATH EVEN AS A SMALL BOY. STONE KILLED A GIANT.
FAITH IS Full Assurance In ability of The Heaven (to do it) HEB 11 VS 1.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by baba11(m): 8:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
nakoks:
Better come back here and finish this story.Has anyone on this thread said to be continued?where are you from sef?
Lagos sir!! shocked
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Lucasbalo(m): 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
Holyman3:

Nah dude, it's not a choice to believe.
Sometimes we need to be directed away from rubbish, No matter how old we are.

You said the woman told your girlfriend to return the first 500 back to the envelope containing the rest of the money.. Cool.

Was the woman holding a gun?

Good for you my man. Nigerians don't question things and that's why they swallow anything thrown in front of them. That's the reason the politicians and the Pastors are having a field day on them. Whatever happens to critical thinking ?.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
architez:

Thanks a lot my sister. It is really exciting indeed.
you are welcome my dear, I share in ur excitement....
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Agebrown(m): 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
architez:

**Modified**

I LOVE NAIRALAND!!!!!
u can't do dah in a bank...it wnt work..banks gt dia own jazzz...abi u fink say em dy dull?
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by DTOBS(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
EbolaParasite:
You actually believe this fake story?
it could be true or false,by the way na naija we dey,anything feel happen...
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
nakoks:
lol,why u dey vex na , hahhhaahhhaaaa
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by mecuzee(m): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Good questions. Except they were influenced by the "jazz" the moment the said woman entered the vehicle. That explains why them just dey mumu dey oblige all the woman request.

Chidonc:
Why should u dash someone 500 and she refused, then u decide 2 give her 1000, why should she askd for the money 2 b mixed and they did so..........it jst simple logic dat most people lack, notin more
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by bummyla(m): 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
But There Were Enough Signs for them to dump the ingrate from their car, before she committed the juju/jazz. I pray he fully recovers. Sorry!

http://www.bummyla.com

obinoral1179:
I received a call from my Girlfriend explaining how she and her boss was scam.

The boss asked her to change some dollars to Naira in the bank,which she did dutifully, fortunately the boss met her in bank after she has concluded the transaction and they both left the banking hall together,on their way out they met a woman who asked them for a lift and being a good Nigerian the boss gave the woman a lift but on their way the so called lady started asking the man for money and the man refused but after much pressure from the woman he gave the woman a #500 note, the woman collected the money and still ask for more saying the man is more than that and she knows they are just coming from the bank, the boss then asked this my girlfriend to give the woman #1000 note and collected the #500 from her this she did and the woman later told my Girlfriend that she should make sure she put the money she return to her,which was the #500 note inside the brown envelope containing the remaining money, this she did and not quite long the lady alighted from the car and they continue their journey,but on the way the boss saw an LG product he has been looking for and he decide to purchased it using the money he got from the bank,but he received the shock of his life as the over THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND has turn to the most lower denomination in our country which is #5 and #10. According to what she told me, the boss fainted at the spot and as am writing this now he is still in shock and he is hospitalised.

Is there anybody who has experienced this before and how can people detect this people that took scamming as their job.
I know some people did not believe in JAZZ but my people JAZZ is real....
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by Krisgift(f): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Eya... I wish the boss a quick recovery.

A friend of mine who works in a shop where building materials are sold was once scammed.

According to him, two men walked into the shop and met the sales gal. After bargaining, they paid and the sales gal counted the money and it was complete.

She dropped the money in her drawer and the men started pretending as if they were making calls. They said their boss called and told them to offload all they bought and get a refund for their money that it was too costly.

They were given back their money, the sales gal was on her way to do the offloading when they asked her to forget it.

They gave her back the money. Having counted it the first time, she just put it inside the drawer.

When they left, she brought out the money and discovered they placed N500 on top and lower denominations inside.

They parted with the goods worth a hundred thousand and the money they left with her was not up to a thousand naira.

Their Oga had to deduct the money from everyone's salary.

People can be evil.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by ewizard1: 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
The funny thing to me was how the woman still remained in the car asking for more money after the N500, still even mentioning coming from the bank.

She should have been asked to leave instantly...

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by fabiscolj: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
This thing is real I know a woman that it happened to. She has a small salon and someone brought money for her to change and she changed it from the 5ok she has been saving and all the money disappeared.
Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by architez: 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
Agebrown:
u can't do dah in a bank...it wnt work..banks gt dia own jazzz...abi u fink say em dy dull?

Ok, European and American banks have no jazz. Why not go there and get all the dollars (of course, after using jazz to get a visa or enter without visa).

Come to think of it, if jazz were real, visa would not be possible. US and Europe would be full of Nigerian witch doctors.

1 Like

Re: How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... by YSA06(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
They're everywhere now, in abuja especially in jabi upstair, range from one chance, car snaching, using jazz to scam their victims. If u take cab in abuja, becareful and if u av to give people lift, then be watcful and don't give a single attention out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Chops Off Her Niece's Finger In Onitsha (Photos) / Students Waylay Their Teacher In Asaba, Beat & Injure Him In Drug-fuelled Attack / Gunmen Kill Man, Kidnap His Wife & Daughter In Enugu (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.