Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,335 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi (40025 Views)

Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa / Wike: No INEC Official Has Powers To Cancel Already Declared Results / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Betterment: 8:45am On Apr 29, 2015
The proprietor of Daar Communications PLC, Raymond Dokpesi, has stated that Monday’s decision by the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to bar one of its subsidiaries, Africa Independent Television, from covering his activities was an attempt by the former military Head of State to bring back the era of Decree 4.

Mr. Dokpesi said Mr. Buhari lacks the power to stop the AIT from covering his activities, as doing so would amount to breaking the law.

Mr. Buhari as Head of State promulgated Decree 4, tagged Public Officers (Protection Against False Accusation) on March 29, 1984.

The law was drafted to punish authors of false statements and reports that exposed the Buhari administration and/or its officials to ridicule or contempt. Many journalists were arrested and jailed under the law.

Mr. Buhari’s party, the All Progressives Congress, APC, on Tuesday reversed the decision of the president-elect to stop AIT, saying all accredited media houses are free to report on his activities.

But speaking exclusively to PREMIUM TIMES Tuesday, Mr. Dokpesi stated that Mr. Buhari should be reminded that he cannot return Nigeria to the era of Decree 4.

“I am sure that the President-elect needs to be reminded of Decree 4, and he should be clearly reminded that section 32 of the constitution makes it mandatory for the media to hold public officials accountable to the people,” he said.

He also said Section 39 of the constitution equally grants Nigerians the freedom of expression and to hold opinion.

“The president-elect said that he does not want to be covered by AIT, but AIT has a responsibility to the Nigerian public to report the things that are happening,” he said.

“There are three national networks available for national coverage in Nigeria, the NTA, AIT and Silverbirds. You cannot stop a foremost private station from reporting in Nigeria, it brings us back to Decree 4 era.”

Mr. Dokpesi also acknowledged that Mr. Buhari may have taken his decision based the documentaries ran by the station during the electioneering campaign.

He said Daar Communications is a commercial entity and therefore reserves the right to run anything it considers worthy of being televised. He said there is also a right of response available to anyone who feels strongly about any matter broadcast by the station.

“If they had produced their own documentary to say this is what we want and AIT did not publish it, then that is another matter,” he said.

“What is obviously very clear is the fact that AIT believes that the historical information about the President elect that were ran, were factually correct. Nothing was done to defame him or impinge on his character or integrity.”

Mr. Dokpesi also added that another documentary about one of the national leaders of APC, Bola Tinubu were also factually correct.

The media proprietor said although the documentaries were produced outside of Daar communications, “We take responsibility for the running of these items and I as an individual is satisfied because due diligence was followed in ensuring that the things that are contained were factually right”.
Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/182230-buhari-has-no-powers-to-stop-ait-from-covering-him-dokpesi.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 29, 2015
Haba...this is a very simple matter na...why is GMB sef in a hurry.

Baba cool down...leave the eediot to continue ranting...

NBC wrote a query to AIT and he has not responded...because he has the backing of Jonathan...but after May 29, the way NBC will close down that station until further notice ehn...even Buhari will not be able to beg them.

Just wait n see

262 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 29, 2015
This dokpesi is a fool. You still dey make mouth abi,wait till may29,u go hear something. Old Fool.

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Eyepencil: 8:52am On Apr 29, 2015
BlackMaria:
This dokpesi is a fool. You still dey make mouth abi,wait till may29,u go hear something. Old Fool.
Just shut up!

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Interesting. Ait has the power to insult anyone.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by negaiyke: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Oga Titus..ehem.. U too pompus, now alarm don bust... cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Goke7: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Obiagelli:
Interesting. Ait has the power to insult anyone.

abi o, the power to remind us about how someone's daughter died too!

Nigeria is a very big bush jungle I tell you

77 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by SuperSuave(m): 8:58am On Apr 29, 2015
Dokpesi abi na dopemu shut up already

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2015
Mr Buhari will not be allowed to Bring back Decree4 through the back door. He wanted to test ground with Ait to see whether he will have his way in preparation for a more tougher action against the Press. Buhari better focus on governance and understand his power as President-elect/Presiden. He should stop subjecting himself to public ridicule. If Alhaji Buhari is unsatisfied he should seek legal redress.

@Dokpesi: be rest assured that democratic Nigerians are behind the Press.

127 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by tomakint: 9:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Buhari go sweat for yansh he never see anything, I have always believed that the same confused Nigerians that voted Buhari will still chant 'Jonathan would have been allowed 2nd Term'......once a dictator, always a dictator. If Jonathan endure all the insults from social media I wondered why Buhari cannot jejely endure being called Mumu for the next 4years if he behaves like one....undecided Buhari go wound o I swear.. grin grin right on point Chief Raymond Dokpesi

119 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 29, 2015
Eyepencil:
Just shut up!
Or else what. You Fool.
When AIT was showing that damaging video,u never told dem to shut up,u come here showing stunts.
U dey Mad.

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by tomakint: 9:04am On Apr 29, 2015
BlackMaria:
This dokpesi is a fool.
You still dey make mouth abi,wait till may29,u go hear something. Old Fool.
You must be a kid right? Now go back to your lesson class, it's about time undecided

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2015
Dokpesi still has the guts to talk after using his biased station to insult Buhari.

He should redeem the image of his useless station as the first privately owned TV station and stop forcing his broadcast media on Buhari anywhere he goes to.

Na by force?

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 29, 2015
tomakint:
Buhari go sweat for yansh he never see anything, I have always believed that the same confused Nigerians that voted Buhari will still chant 'Jonathan would have been allowed 2nd Term'......once a dictator, always a dictator. If Jonathan endure all the insults from social media I wondered why Buhari cannot jejely endure being called Mumu for the next 4years if he behaves like one....undecided Buhari go wound o I swear.. grin grin right on point Chief Raymond Dokpesi
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@Members of the Church of Anger: I understand that you are always angry and abuse kill anyone that ccriticize Alhaji Buhari. Make una continue...

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by dre11(m): 9:08am On Apr 29, 2015
"What is obviously very clear is the fact that AIT believes that the historical information about the President elect that were ran, were factually correct. Nothing was done to defame him or impinge on his character or integrit.”

This man has lost all common sense of decency if he claimed that all that was run by AIT in that documentary where facts and not lies.......

His days are numbered

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by KINGSNEEZE(m): 9:10am On Apr 29, 2015
Just get a life, u don't expect him to be a coward just bcus u are, he made his statements based on the constitution of the country and anything contrary to it is a mere beer parlour gossip that can never hold any water in a democratic setting, I don't know why u guyz keep thinking that buhari has the right to do whatever he likes, mind u, as a president his actions and inactions will be guided by the constitution and he will always have people local and international watching him. So u guyz should stopp putting ur devilish hope on him, else he become a monumental failure
BlackMaria:
This dokpesi is a fool.
You still dey make mouth abi,wait till may29,u go hear something. Old Fool.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2015
No wonder Yoruba Say "Egbe Eye leye nwoto" U go fear Nation T.V na.. AIT, NTA and Silverbird.. Truly National

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Bevista: 9:13am On Apr 29, 2015
“There are three national networks available for national coverage in Nigeria, the NTA, AIT and Silverbirds.
Who made these three National Networks? - When AIT & Silverbird are owned by ND & PDP stalwarts. You can be rest assured that Channels & TVC will replace those two.

I hope Dokpesi made enough $$ during the presidential campaigns to last him the next 4-8 years, cos his station will have very little FG patronage.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by 9ousky: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Mr Buhari will not be allowed to Bring back Decree4 through the back door. He wanted to test ground with Ait to see whether he will have for a more tougher action against the Press. Buhari better focus on governance and understand his power as President-elect/Presiden. He should stop subjecting himself to public ridicule

A day Shall come, U shall wake up and u shall ask urself, what av I bn doing?, why am I doing this?. Mark my words Barcanista.... We shouldn't be blinded by Hatred, anger and party or candidate sentiments to the extent DAT all we want to see everyday is negative, Failure, mistakes news or wishes either relating to one person or the other and start with various comments thinking u Ar doing urself great justice or u derive joy from that. Try and thread softly, Try and think deeply bro... U can be opposition if u want but not this way u Ar doing it... I respected u though... I hop I will still be able to

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2015
Baba1chance doesnt know the difference between military govt and democracy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by austinsmat(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2015
but we are not in military era,

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2015
tomakint:

You must be a kid right? Now go back to your lesson class, it's about time undecided
Can u pls take a minute to read,what u just posted. It makes no sense.
Lyk Jonad^ft,lyk tomakint.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by phlemzy: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2015
Ode•kpesi should be ashamed of himself. He turned his broadcast house to PDP owned media by broadcasting extreme calumny. He is now quoting one rubbish law. If he were to be a sensible human, is not suppose to ensure that his media house play a neutral role in political matters.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by tomakint: 9:17am On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@Members of the Church of Anger: I understand that you are always angry and abuse kill anyone that ccriticize Alhaji Buhari. Make una continue...
Buhari must have thought that today's democracy is a 'Tea Party', I wondered what is wrong with him and why he keeps getting irritated at little things he should wait after May 29 when 'bigger things' will be hurled at him grin grin *Politics is Serious Business*

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Chiaka(f): 9:18am On Apr 29, 2015
You don't expect everyone to sing your praise. Sometimes your true critics are of more of a friend than those that sing praise to all your actions. There should be freedom of expression Obama suffered even more when he was campaigning.
GMB promised freedom of speech to media & press shortly when he was elected so he should be follow like he said and that's what expected in a democratic setup

Promise on freedom of speech
http://www.voiceofnigeria.org/nigeria/buhari-promises-press-freedom.html
http://www.mailexpressonline.com/buhari-promises-freedom-of-speech-press/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by ki02020(m): 9:18am On Apr 29, 2015
Most foolish business man ever

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
Just get a life, u don't expect him to be a coward just bcus u are, he made his statements based on the constitution of the country and anything contrary to it is a mere beer parlour gossip that can never hold any water in a democratic setting, I don't know why u guyz keep thinking that buhari has the right to do whatever he likes, mind u, as a president his actions and inactions will be guided by the constitution and he will always have people local and international watching him. So u guyz should stopp putting ur devilish hope on him, else he become a monumental failure
I wanted to give u a reply,but wen I went thru,what u put out,I discovered it's ntn but rubbish.
Dude,av u had brk-fast.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Dannyset(m): 9:19am On Apr 29, 2015
My candid advice to this Jonathan house boy is to manage all the money he got from Jonathan very well, cos Nigerians won't be ready to contribute to save him the moment he runs dry. A lot of us are angry with him for the unethical role he played because of his corrupt hero during the election period, forgetting the position of power isn't forever.
A lot of things will work against him in this dispensation even without Buhari's knowledge. People are ready to pay him back for supporting a govt that has robbed people's future.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by tomakint: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2015
BlackMaria:

Can u pls take a minute to read,what u just posted. It makes no sense.
Lyk Jonad^ft,lyk tomakint.
Exactly my thought, you are not expected to comprehend my submission, the more reason you are advised to go to your lesson class for more brush up!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by OoduaVanguard: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2015
And who holds media houses that violate the ethics of their profession to book? Who holds them to account? Are you telling me that Ait has carte blanche to talk shyt about Buhari and get away with it all coz of "freedom of the press"? Where's the regulatory NBC in all these? Oh, I forgot they've been compromised by the ruling PDP. Omo, funk that. And yeah.. b4 I forget, fo.kc Dokpesi 2.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2015
tomakint:

Exactly my thought, you are not expected to comprehend my submission, the more reason you are advised to go to your lesson class for more brush up!
I don't comprehend useless sentences in the 1st place.
Tomakint is as clueless as president ebele jon^daft.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Powers To Stop AIT From Covering Him – Dokpesi by arewafederation: 9:23am On Apr 29, 2015
There are a thousand and one legitimate reasons to shut down AIT and the chairman is still bragging?

Shameless people. angry

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari’s Son-In-Law, Gimba Yau Kumo Declared Wanted By ICPC / Osun SDP Dumps Omisore, Denies Him Senatorial Ticket / Sultan: Something Worse Than Boko Haram May Emerge In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.