Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... (9972 Views)

Too Much Talk About Probe, A Distraction, Kukah Tells Buhari / Amaechi: Wike’s Probe A Sham, Fraudulent Witch-hunt / Amaechi: Wike's Probe, A Witch Hunt, Images Of Vandalized Govt House, A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
dunkem21:

Pathetic ..after calling for his opinion on this issue, you just typed this crap.

..Another big blow from barcanista ..let the probe begin!

atlwireles:
Please don't forget to add CBN and Customs to this probe. When NNPC probe starts, 99% of the indicted people will not be from PDP.
Didn't you observe that one of the Abacha looters is a Governor-elect under APC?

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by anonimi: 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Oya go and force Buhari to probe those cases.

Did anyone force your Daura President to allow AIT do its work of informing the public

Una never sabi but surely una eye go open.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
dunkem21:

Yes, GEJ ordered it after Sanusi insisted that $48b abi $20b was missing and he dared to make it public.

We have a feeling that $2.8b grew wings in 1979.
He made it public after he lost an election and the incoming president mentioned that it will be probed after he initially denied that any money was unaccounted for.

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by otr1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
...as certain as the sun would rise from the east, NNPC will be probed and anyone found culpable, punished. However, you don't dictate to us how it's going to be done, we do.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

You forgot one thing...

GEJ ordered the probe on NNPC!! And we are looking at the results of this probe.

Well, going by what I read in the news.
I was told Buhari first pointed fingers, based on SLS' claim.
So, all I'm suggesting is that since NNPC books will be looked at all....then we might as well start from the inception.
We don't want Hydra operations (Cut off one head, another 10 grows in its place).

GEJ, who suspected that the probe might become slanderous if allowed to splinter into the GMB administration decided to order a release of the Documents...

He must have thought in the lines of...
Enough of covering for this people, they talk as if I ate all the money alone (THAT'S IF HE'S ACTUALLY COMPLICIT), let me release it to the world and let the reports speak for itself. It will be Emir SLS' word to throes of Nigerians against that of PWC.

Well, so far, so good....

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
No need for all the probes, If Gen Buhari carries out these requests of yours, the number of Nigerians lined up for jail will surely be greater than the carrying capacity of the existing prisons and Building more prisons will mean expenses that will add pressure to the dwindling funds available for government. Gen Buhari should simply move on and ensure that from May29 the systems that will be required to check corruption in the country are in place. With APC being majority in both houses of the National Assembly, the APC should ensure that its party lawmakers have an agenda and a list of objectives they must fulfill before 2019 because that cooperation between both houses is something Nigerians haven't seen in a long while and this will make or mar this administration. Sensitive bills like the PIB should be passed if it would go a long way in solving the issue of corrupting in the oil sector. These are trying times for Nigeria and Nigerians of course have a lot of expectations from the incoming government. With concise plans and the political will which I believe Buhari possesses, Nigeria will become greater.
No way! Una must probe o... Shebi una wan probe? Thank God GEJ has said that s ready!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by themilanway(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
My guy which kind excuse you wan begin give? If the Army could keep the letter of Buhari's principal that was written in 1961, how much more NNpc records of 1977? How much more those of the 80s,90s up o this time? Abeg bone excuse....

I thought you vigorously defended him saying even OBJ gave him a clean bill of health that no money was missing.

Were you high on a cheap weed then or what?

By the way,why didnt you ask GEJ to probe IBB?

11 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, going by what I read in the news.
I was told Buhari first pointed fingers, based on SLS' claim.
So, all I'm suggesting is that since NNPC books will be looked at all....then we might as well start from the inception.
We don't want Hydra operations (Cut off one head, another 10 grows in its place).

GEJ, who suspected that the probe might become slanderous if allowed to splinter into the GMB administration decided to order a release of the Documents...

He must have thought in the lines of...

Well, so far, so good....
You ought to have told GEJ to probe NNPC.

Or are you forgetting that GMB did not say he will probe NNPC under GEJ but he will probe NNPC under the fiscal year that a former CBN governor said a whopping $20billion I not accounted for?
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
No way! Una must probe o... Shebi una wan probe? Thank God GEJ has said that s ready!!!!
What are you people on about?
It is only in Nigeria that one thief is caught with his hand in his cookie jar and says the other thieves should be chased too.
The question is why the administrators of the NNPC from Jan 2012 to July 2013 misappropriate $20 Billion?
No one is even going to the whole administration of GEJ oooo

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
jaybee3:

Volume wise, employmen records cannot be compared to financial records dude!
That is an excuse. The probe should start first...
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
jaybee3:

Do you understand the fact that some findings if and when found may never be released because of national security? the sacredness of this cows and kingmakers?

Do you honestly think they are stupid for offering voluntary repatriation of looted funds in exchange for amnesty

Oga Jayyybeeee smileysmileysmiley
Your second sentence and the one I wittingly fixed is in tandem and says it all.

Let them return what they can.
Let them salvage the remains of what they can.
It did not start with GEJ's administration, and I'm afraid it might not end with it.
With what we have left and the few that can be recovered, based on what bright prospects holds for us as a nation, I say we can do better from here on.

That's my belief.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Surplus90(m): 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2015

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
themilanway:

I thought you vigorously defended him saying even OBJ gave him a clean bill of health that no money was missing.

Were you high on a cheap weed then or what?

By the way,why didnt you ask GEJ to probe IBB?
Obj also gave himself and Bode Beorge clean bill of health. In fact, Buhari gave Abacha clean bill of health. We need thorough audit. No excuse...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

You ought to have told GEJ to probe NNPC.

Or are you forgetting that GMB did not say he will probe NNPC under GEJ but he will probe NNPC under the fiscal year that a former CBN governor said a whopping $20billion I not accounted for?

But the said fiscal year happens to fall within the purview of GEJ's position as a ruling president, not so?
smiley Let's not pretend we don't know what this is all about...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
That is an excuse. The probe should start first...
Wait what probe?

Is GMB going to probe the entire operations of NNPC? Did he say he will?

He said he will look into the allegation that some money was missing and you guys start to shake.

One thing is sure, a lot of top guys in the NNPC are heading for jail

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
Good points Bro. As usual, great points.

However, I must say it's just natural and pertinent to have GMB endeavour to probe the accounts of the outgoing administration since he's taking over directly from them. Maybe he may later decide to point the dragnet of the past corrupt systems, though I genuinely doubt that!

Besides, it will appear to some of us a pure case of selective probing if his anti corruption dragnet doesn't probe beyond GEJ.

The level of corruption is really monumental in the system; occasioned by years of embezzlement.

Lastly, I support any step that will bring development to Nigeria.

Let's see how Grandpa decides his battles!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by abduljabbar4(m): 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:
It is quite distasteful that after seeing the report of the PWC audit, I remember that President GEJ had this report since last year and hid it from the public cos he knows how damaging it is and he knows it will hurt his chances of being re-elected. And it is the same people who were shouting that we vote the thieving administration are the ones dictating what the next government must or must not do. GEJ is still president, why did he sit on the report? Why did you clowns not tell GEJ to do a complete audit of NNPC? You see the level of your hypocrisy eh....
My brother these people don't have any direction. Gej has lost and will be probed. If anybody is found guilty, that person will be jailed. They shouldn't be worried if their hands are clean

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

But the said fiscal year happens to fall within the purview of GEJ's position as a ruling president, not so?
smiley Let's not pretend we don't know what this is all about...
What this is about is that GEJ ignored the warnings of a CBN governor that money went missing. If this issue was treated when SLS raised it, we wont be here.

They stole money that is almost half of the Nation's budget in one year and acted ignorantly over it.

I can imagine Sanusi sipping Kunu flavored Latte and giggling to himself while reading the PWC report

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:
What are you people on about?
It is only in Nigeria that one thief is caught with his hand in his cookie jar and says the other thieves should be chased too.
The question is why the administrators of the NNPC from Jan 2012 to July 2013 misappropriate $20 Billion?
No one is even going to the whole administration of GEJ oooo
What we are saying is that EVERYTHING must be probed. Buhari cannot hide under whatever guise to be vindictive. I don't care who and who are indicted, I want thorough and complete probe. Buhari MUST be sincere.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by abduljabbar4(m): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
anonimi:

Did anyone force your Daura President to allow AIT do its work of informing the public

Una never sabi but surely una eye go open.
Why are you bringing AIT case into this? Besides, AIT accused him of killing his wife and child. There were so many things they published which are untrue. Don't forget that they also disobeyed their elders. Besides nobody banned them and APC has addressd the issue. Now back to the topic. Thanks for the insult by the way

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:

My brother these people don't have any direction. Gej has lost and will be probed. If anybody is found guilty, that person will be jailed. They shouldn't be worried if their hands are clean
Where he probes should not be the source of concern.

The question did you steal money? They are admitting that the GEJ administration is colossally corrupt but trying to justify it by saying other administrations stole too

What insult

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Another masterclass "fable" from Barcanista. This is a pure gibberish, very illogical and pointless post. You are expecting the incoming Government to concentrate all its activities on probing? SMH!
You should have advised your Hero to do that for the remaining weeks he's gonna spend in Aso-Rock. Or what is he doing now? Just Sacking

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:

The question did you steal money? They are admitting that the GEJ administration is colossally corrupt but trying to justify it by saying other administrations stole too

What insult

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
What we are saying is that EVERYTHING must be probed. Buhari cannot hide under whatever guise to be vindictive. I don't care who and who are indicted, I want thorough and complete probe. Buhari MUST be sincere.
So he is not vindictive cos he wants to look into a report given by the government of the previous administration? Like it or not Sanusi is part of the current administration.

You must be high on kuli kuli tongue

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
dearpreye:
Good points Bro. As usual, great points.

However, I must say it's just natural and pertinent to have GMB endeavour to probe the accounts of the outgoing administration since he's taking over directly from them. Maybe he may later decide to point the dragnet of the past corrupt systems, though I genuinely doubt that!

Besides, it will appear to some of us a pure case of selective probing if his anti corruption dragnet doesn't probe beyond GEJ.

The level of corruption is really monumental in the system; occasioned by years of embezzlement.

Lastly, I support any step that will bring development to Nigeria.

Let's see how Grandpa decides his battles!
Oga, Buhari cannot just single out Jonathan's administration and go to bed. It doesn't work that way and it won't. He also has a case of missing money on his neck as Petroleum Minister. Did he institute any audit? Is he blind to see the allegation against IBB, Abachas, Obasanjo, Sanusi etc? Was he blind when looting was going on under Abacha when he was PTF Chairman? Buhari should do what is right by looking into EVERY allegation. Whether it takes him 4years or 4 decades I don't care.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Another masterclass "fable" from Barcanista. This is a pure gibberish, very illogical and pointless post. You are expecting the incoming Government to concentrate all its activities on probing? SMH!
You should have advised your Hero to do that for the remaining weeks he's gonna spend in Aso-Rock. Or what is he doing now? Just Sacking
Just imagine them. They tried to trick us into voting a government that worships corruption and they ain't ashamed.

Just imagine what would have happened of GEJ had won....this wanton stealing the NNPC would have gone on for 8 years.

The same government they told us to vote back. How evil can you people be?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

So he is not vindictive cos he wants to look into a report given by the government of the previous administration? Like it or not Sanusi is part of the current administration.

You must be high on kuli kuli tongue
We all know that Buhari is doing what he's doing to embarrass Jonathan. Well that is not my business. My own is that he MUST touch every sphere including his. We must thrash everything once and for all.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Oga, Buhari cannot just single out Jonathan's administration and go to bed. It doesn't work that way and it won't. He also has a case of missing money on his neck as Petroleum Minister. Did he institute any audit? Is he blind to see the allegation against IBB, Abachas, Obasanjo, Sanusi etc? Was he blind when looting was going on under Abacha when he was PTF Chairman? Buhari should do what is right by looking into EVERY allegation. Whether it takes him 4years or 4 decades I don't care.
So the incoming government is supposed to spend 4 years probing past governments abi?

Lay off kuli kuli
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by abduljabbar4(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

What insult
Don't mind them. They cannot do anything sha
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by themilanway(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Obj also gave himself and Bode Beorge clean bill of health. In fact, Buhari gave Abacha clean bill of health. We need thorough audit. No excuse...

I know you are trying to stay relevant here,but in all honesty,i dont take people that speaks from both sides of the mouth seriously.

How can any sane person go back to his vomit?

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by anonimi: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Why are you bringing AIT case into this?

Did you read my post that was a response to this part of yours

abduljabbar4:
Oya go and force Buhari to probe those cases.
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
We all know that Buhari is doing what he's doing to embarrass Jonathan. Well that is not my business. My own is that he MUST touch every sphere including his. We must thrash everything once and for all.
Now you can read Buhari's mind abi?

Wait who did the PWC audit that is embarrassing the GEJ government?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Cuts Demand For Nigerian Crude / 67 Ex-militants Withdrawn From Cyprus School / Babangida: Nigeria’s Military Overstretched,Operates With Obsolete Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.