Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... (9933 Views)

Too Much Talk About Probe, A Distraction, Kukah Tells Buhari / Amaechi: Wike’s Probe A Sham, Fraudulent Witch-hunt / Amaechi: Wike's Probe, A Witch Hunt, Images Of Vandalized Govt House, A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
About a week ago President-elect Muhammadu Buhari vowed to probe the allegation made by exCBN boss Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Buhari also vowed to bring looters of the treasury to justice. This is a welcome development I must admit. However, Mr Buhari we also need you to do the following because we want a "Complete Clean-up" of the system and not just a partial probe.

1. Independent Audit of NNPC Account From 1999 To 2015:
I don't believe that corruption in the Petroleum sector started from February 2010 when Goodluck Jonathan took over the reins of power. President-elect Buhari MUST prove his seriousness in tackling corruption in the Petroleum sector by hiring a reputable audit firm, whether KPMG, PWC or any reputable firm to audit NNPC and CBN books from 1999 when Obasanjo was Petroleum Minister/President for 8years to 2015. The Audit must be comprehensive and be made public.

2. Independent Audit of NNPC Account from 1977-1979
Mr Buhari was the Petroleum Minister/NNPC Chairman between 1977 to 1979, and there was allegation of missing $2.8 billion under his watch. Olusegun Obasanjo was the Head of State during this period. President Shehu Shagari instituted a panel to look into it with Justice Ayo Irikefe as Chairman and Barr Chike Ofodille as Secretary. The Report was never made public when General Muhammadu Buhari toppled the Shagari government. Strange enough, General Buhari appointed Justice Ayo Irikefe as Chief Justice of the Federation and Barr Chike Ofodille as the Attorney General/Justice Minister after taking over power. Was it to "shut them up"? It is public knowledge that no independent audit of NNPC books was carried out to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of the allegation against Mr Buhari.
In the spirit of Transparency, President-elect Buhari MUST appoint a reputable firm to audit the NNPC books between 1977 and 1979.

3. IBB's $12 billion Gulf Windfall
General Ibrahim Babangida along with then CBN Governor Alhaji Abdulkadir Ahmed were indicted in mismanaging/diverting the sum of $12billion through special accounts that had Babangida as the sole signatory. The Okigbo Panel set up by late Sani Abacha to. Investigate the oil windfall submitted their findings to Abacha on August 29, 1994. Abacha and successive government failed to act on it. It is a must that President-elect Buhari visit the probe report. Alternatively, a comprehensive audit of the NNPC between 1985 and 1993 should be done by Buhari.
See part of the report
....www.nairaland.com/22333/how-ibb-wasted-12bn-oil

4. Continue The FRCN Indictment on Alhaji Lamido Sanusi
The Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria in February 2014 indicted exCBN Boss and Emir of Kano for fraud. The council in its report indicates that the explanation provided by Lamido Sanusi is “a clear display of incompetence, nonchalance, fraud, wastefulness, and abuse of due
process and deliberate efforts to misrepresent facts on the part of the leadership of the CBN.” www.punchng.com/news/the-frcns-report-on-sanusi/
Rather than clear his name, Lamido Sanusi went to court to obtain immunity from investigation and prosecution, which was granted him. www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160582-update-sanusi-floored-nigerian-government-frcn-court.html

President-elect Buhari MUST ensure that the case against Sanusi is pursued to the letter alongside the $20b probe.

5. Prosecute APC Kebbi State Gov-elect Abubakar Bagudu For Fraud
Atiku Bagudu is an APC Chieftain and the Governor-elect of APC. He was an associate of Sani Abacha and together with Muhammed stole Nigeria's money in billions of dollars which they transferred abroad for Gen Sani Abacha.
According to US Court Document some of the money was stolen directly from the Central Bank of Nigeria through a fraudulent security vote perpetrated through letter requests from Mr.Abacha’s National Security Adviser, Aliyu Gwarzo, with the help of the late dictator’s son, Mohammed Abacha, and his close associate Atiku Bagudu.

“Abacha together with Mohammed Sani Abacha, Bagudu and others, systematically embezzled public funds worth billions of dollars from the CBN on the pretext that the funds were necessary for national security.
“After causing the CBN to release the funds, often in cash, Gen. Abacha and Bagudu then moved the funds overseas,
including through US financial institutions (the Security Votes Fraud).
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/161251-nigeria-asks-u-s-return-500-million-abacha-loot-country.html
lindaikeji..com/2014/08/abacha-loot-us-to-return-480million-to.html

6. Any Other Case That May Spring up

Conclusion

Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari must not leave out the aforementioned in his haunt for the " missing $20 billion". This is the only way to win public confidence and institute equity.

God Bless Nigeria

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
I hope this will put an end to the noise of those calling to hear my opinion on the PWC report/NNPC probe.

Cc: Whynotthetruth DearPreye Truckpusher Biafranqueen Severussnape Tomakint Anonimi Agabai23 Mizmycoli Temitemi1 Taharqa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by shrek4(m): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Its a great development, but children, neighbours and relatives of the perpetrators wont agree with us.

A Greater Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by madridguy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
Good write....We want total clean up not only on NNPC, we need total crackdown on Power sector cabal, Communication, Aviation, Education and so on....Enough is Enough.......We are tired of living as slave in our home land.....We need to start enjoying the dividend of our resources just like Dubai Citizen , Saudi Arabia, USA , UK and other sane environment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by abduljabbar4(m): 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
He is at it again. U no dey taya?. Oya let's
Go, buhari partially probing NNPC is better than Gej not doing anything.
Yes there are corrupt Apc members that's why I don't like my governor elect. Its just that he is a better choice.

Before you ask me what brought gej to the matter, ask yourself what brought APC governors to the matter. We are talking about 20 billion dollars. And mr barcanista, if nothing is wrong with Gejs administration, nothing will happen to your master.

You have entered one chance.

23 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by jaybee3(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
He should basically exert all his energy on probes whilst allowing governance and productivity to suffer?

Why do you see a probe initiated as a result of whistleblowing action as witch hunting since that's basically the premise of your argument by insisting on extending the remit/scope of any probe

Na wa for you

17 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by SeverusSnape(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nice one Barcanista, You never fail to impress.
As for the probe of the missing funds, You couldn't have said it better, The rot in the system didn't start today, If Buhari is really serious about this, Let him start from the period when Gauis Obaseki was the GMD of NNPC. I'm sure my Jona has no skeleton in his cupboard, That was why he made the report public and also challenged the President-elect to carry out any probe he wants to.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by PureWays(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
To be sincere, it won't be easy to tackle all these you mentioned @ Op.. Besides, Buhari can't do all these without stepping on huge toes (toes that knew about him being elected).
And it will seem partial if he only probe the ones during GEJ administration...

I believe this is like an ambush for Buhari, he needs extreme wisdom and strength to tackle these without being partial...

I believe he has the strength and the wisdom to dissolve these, I just don't know how he is gonna do that successfully...

I wish him good luck...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
jaybee3:
He should basically exert all his energy on probes whilst allowing governance and productivity to suffer?

Why do you see a probe initiated as a result of whistleblowing action as witch hunting since that's basically the premise of your argument by insisting on extending the remit/scope of any probe

Na wa for you
What are you afraid of? Buhari MUST institute a comprehensive probe once and for all. If you really want #Change you will welcome everything that will clean the system.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by dunkem21(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Another good one from barca.

The probe should be extensive, thorough and not vindictive. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by PassingShot(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Somebody obviously will continue to cry us a river till 2019 and possibly beyond.

In the OP's warped logic and reasoning, it's either GMB probes all or none! In his wisdom, it's better to forget the missing $20billion if we cannot probe all past cases of corruptions. What a reasoning!

Anyway, the message I have for you OP is that GMB has the prerogative to choose who and what to probe. He may only be challenged by Nigerians on his failure to probe his immediate predecessor and not all those before him.

And if all past succeeding govts failed to probe their predecessor, that's their problem and not Buhari's.

cool cool cool

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by januzaj(m): 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
ok

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
shrek4:
Its a great development, but children, neighbours and relatives of the perpetrators wont agree with us.

A Greater Nigeria
Thank you! Buhari cannot just come and say he wants to probe a "missing $20b" just like that. It doesn't work that way. He must visit every other cases Including that of 1977-1979 and prosecute offenders

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by jaybee3(m): 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
What are you afraid of? Buhari MUST institute a comprehensive probe once and for all. If you really want #Change you will welcome everything that will clean the system.
I'm not afraid of anything. I just don't want him losing sight of the pressing issues.

You do realise that Nigeria isn't any good with records mamagement as most records are in hard copy meaning any extensive probe without definitive period scope will most certainly return inconclusive report

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by abduljabbar4(m): 6:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
madridguy:
Good write....We want total clean up not only on NNPC, we need total crackdown on Power sector cabal, Communication, Aviation, Education and so on....Enough is Enough.......We are tired of living as slave in our home land.....We need to start enjoying the dividend of democracy just like Dubai Citizen , Saudi Arabia, USA , UK and other sane environment.
Democracy in saudi and Uk?
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2015

***Modified***

Barcanista, good points.
However, probing those listed will only lead to more probes which will outlast 8 years.

That said, I am fully in support of this NNPC probe.
Seriously some thieves who know nothing about the stealing code need to be rooted out.

Let us call a spade, a spade.
This is witch hunting the GEJ administration.
Like I posited earlier, no one is guilt-free, and it cuts across all party ranks.
I have a problem with hypocrisy and overnight sainthood, I do.

And seeing as all eyes are on NNPC books, they might as well start from the inception of NNPC.
We need to dig out this corruption from it's root.
We don't want Hydra(ic) tales.

It therefore implies that all administrations (past and present) must be probed on how hey managed NNPC and anything Petroleum/Black Gold under their leadership.
Except of course, someone is succinctly telling us there are SACRED COWS.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Again Barcanista, your impatience has led you to a flawed stance and as always, it is quite funny.

13 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by madridguy(m): 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
haaa...check again please, I have correct the write up.... All the katakata naa to make FP...lol

abduljabbar4:

Democracy in saudi and Uk?
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by anonimi: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:
He is at it again. U no dey taya?. Oya let's
Go, buhari partially probing NNPC is better than Gej not doing anything.

I thought it was Jonathan who ordered the forensic audit and published the report transparently. Is that not so

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by wachakuta(m): 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
NNPC=CABALS
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

I am fully in support of this probe.
Seriously some thieves who know nothing about the stealing code need to be rooted out.

This is witch hunting.
Like I posited earlier, no one is guilt-free, and it cuts across all party ranks.

And seeing as all eyes are on NNPC books, they might as well start from the inception of NNPC.

It therefore implies that all administrations (past and present) must be probed on how hey managed NNPC and anything Petroleum/Black Gold.

You forgot one thing...

GEJ ordered the probe on NNPC!! And we are looking at the results of this probe.

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by jaybee3(m): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

I am fully in support of this probe.

This is witch hunting.

It therefore implies that all administrations (past and present) must be probed on how hey managed NNPC and anything Petroleum/Black Gold.

Do you understand the fact that some findings if and when found may never be released because of national security?

Do you honestly think they are stupid for offering voluntary repatriation of looted funds in exchange for amnesty

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
jaybee3:

I'm not afraid of anything. I just don't want him losing sight of the pressing issues.

You do realise that Nigeria isn't any good with records mamagement as most records are in hard copy meaning any extensive probe without definitive period scope will most certainly return inconclusive report
My guy which kind excuse you wan begin give? If the Army could keep the letter of Buhari's principal that was written in 1961, how much more NNpc records of 1977? How much more those of the 80s,90s up o this time? Abeg bone excuse....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by dunkem21(m): 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
PassingShot:
Somebody obviously will continue to cry us a river till 2019 and possibly beyond.

cool cool cool

Pathetic ..after calling for his opinion on this issue, you just typed this crap.

..Another big blow from barcanista ..let the probe begin!

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by abduljabbar4(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you! Buhari cannot just come and say he wants to probe a "missing $20b" just like that. It doesn't work that way. He must visit every other cases Including that of 1977-1979 and prosecute offenders
Oya go and force Buhari to probe those cases. The thing that will surely happen is that you will be further disgraced before the world. If 16 is greater than 19, why are you so worried about this that is not very partial.
Remember stealing is not corruption in your language, so why did you use those terms?
Barcanista the hatred I have for you has turned to pity. You have been disgraced and more is about to come.
When you were calling GMB Baba one chance, what were you thinking? The actual thing was that he has thrown your masters to one chance. You have entered one chance. Sorry owo.

Oooooooo! I almost forgot. Are you not the one who has been reminding us about his promises? Why are you now complaining? Abeg go one side jare!

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
dunkem21:
Another good one from barca.

The probe should be extensive, thorough and not vindictive. grin
Yes o! There are other probes to be done but not to make it lengthy and boring. Buhari cannot be selective. It won't work

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by jaybee3(m): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
My guy which kind excuse you wan begin give? If the Army could keep the letter of Buhari's principal that was written in 1961, how much more NNpc records of 1977? How much more those of the 80s,90s up o this time? Abeg bone excuse....
Volume wise, employmen records cannot be compared to financial records dude!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by AhmedMustapha(m): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
Op No need for all the probes, If Gen Buhari carries out these requests of yours, the number of Nigerians lined up for jail will surely be greater than the carrying capacity of the existing prisons and Building more prisons will mean expenses that will add pressure to the dwindling funds available for government. Gen Buhari should simply move on and ensure that from May29 the systems that will be required to check corruption in the country are in place. With APC being majority in both houses of the National Assembly, the APC should ensure that its party lawmakers have an agenda and a list of objectives they must fulfill before 2019 because that synergy between both arms of government is something Nigerians haven't seen since the return to democracy and this will make or mar this administration. Sensitive bills like the PIB should be passed if it would go a long way in solving the issue of corruption in the oil sector. These are trying times for Nigeria and Nigerians of course have a lot of expectations from the incoming government. With concise plans and the political will which I believe Buhari possesses, Nigeria will become greater.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by atlwireles: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
Please don't forget to add CBN and Customs to this probe. When NNPC probe starts, 99% of the indicted people will not be from PDP.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by dunkem21(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

You forgot one thing...

GEJ ordered the probe on NNPC!! And we are looking at the results of this probe.

Yes, GEJ ordered it after Sanusi insisted that $48b abi $20b was missing and he dared to make it public.

We have a feeling that $2.8b grew wings in 1979.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
It is quite distasteful that after seeing the report of the PWC audit, I remember that President GEJ had this report since last year and hid it from the public cos he knows how damaging it is and he knows it will hurt his chances of being re-elected. And it is the same people who were shouting that we vote the thieving administration are the ones dictating what the next government must or must not do. GEJ is still president, why did he sit on the report? Why did you clowns not tell GEJ to do a complete audit of NNPC? You see the level of your hypocrisy eh....

14 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by SeverusSnape(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

***Modified***

Barcanista, good points.
However, probing those listed will only lead to more probes which will outlast 8 years.

That said, I am fully in support of this NNPC probe.

This is witch hunting the GEJ administration.
I have a problem with hypocrisy and overnight sainthood, I do.

It therefore implies that all administrations (past and present) must be probed on how hey managed NNPC and anything Petroleum/Black Gold under their leadership.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

9th Assembly: Senate To Officially Inform Buhari, International Bodies Of Commen / Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal / We’ll Wipe Out Boko Haram – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.