Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... (9967 Views)

Too Much Talk About Probe, A Distraction, Kukah Tells Buhari / Amaechi: Wike’s Probe A Sham, Fraudulent Witch-hunt / Amaechi: Wike's Probe, A Witch Hunt, Images Of Vandalized Govt House, A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by SeverusSnape(m): 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Sorry I wear Helmet and Bullet-proof!
grin grin grin
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Lushore1: 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, if truly GEJ did not make any inquiry into said missing funds, then that is gross misconduct and unacceptable.

BUT.
I doubt, I doubt that he did nothing at the time.
Except of course, he felt SLS was up to no good or was trying to get back at him for a perceived wrong, to which end, he waived it aside. Last I checked...this is politics, Nigerian politics. It's always been a case of scratch my back, I scratch yours.

If only the Media Team of GEJ is/was as apt, and articulate as that of GMB's....we mightn't have been here.

Besides, I read somewhere that NNPC and CBN weren't fully cooperational, could it be that they (CBN) have been involved in some shadiness too?

Could all this bad blood be as a result of deals/agreements gone wrong between both institutions from the get go and now GEJ's the scapegoat?

Perhaps I missed it, but was 20billion dollars actually missing?

I'm sure u know sanusi wasnt a CBN governor at the time of PWC probe.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by themilanway(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

Because the official policy of the GEJ administration is to condole corruption

I will take that to the bank,no wonder stealing isnt corruption.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by PassingShot(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
themilanway:

I thought you vigorously defended him saying even OBJ gave him a clean bill of health that no money was missing.

Were you high on a cheap weed then or what?

By the way,why didnt you ask GEJ to probe IBB?

He was probably high on his own dung!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by TheFreeOne: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
People give too much credit to Buhari.

Leading a country like nigeria is not about chest beating and tall promises, let him assume that position and do his thing not boring us with u-turns, excuses, threats and holier than thou attitudes.

He keeps tightening the noose around his neck with his talkative nature. And we are waiting to see another stunt of him drinking garri with N5. groundnut grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by 4Play(m): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Barcanista is discharging his responsibility as a paid propagandist but you have to chuckle at how this thread and the brouhaha over the PWC report illustrate a Nigerian masterclass in faux outrage.

It's difficult to comprehend the logic which informs a stance that the theft in the oil sector is an egregious outrage which neccesitates an investigation, but that nevertheless such investigation should restrict its remit to the period of GEJ's presidency. If corruption is unconsionable, all moral persons would I daresay hold this view, it follows that it ought to be thoroughly tackled without fear or favour. Oby Ezekwesili once came up with a figure of $400bn misappropiated. If such a figure is missing and one professes to be anti-corruption, it would follow that you would want to review this and not restrict yourself to a "mere" $20bn. Why search for $20bn solely and turn the ostrich when it comes to 20 times that figure?

I have always noted that Nairaland political debates are pseudo-debates. The debates are characterised by people expressing opinions which are a subterfuge for other motivations. If this is about tackling corruption and not yet another round of Nigerian political witch-hunts, the type that once informed OBJ's investigation into PTF's finances, having a thorough root and branch investigation which would necessarily span a longer timescale would be a no-brainer. But of course, we all know that selective outrage is by definition a front.

Here are some stories we "need not" investigate even though we all oppose corruption:

$29bn - the amount lost by the treasury in the last decade in an apparent gas price-fixing scam - leaked Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force report in Octoberr

$6.8bn - the amount a fuel subsidy scam has cost Nigeria over the last two years - a parliamentary report said in April

$400bn - estimated amount of Nigeria's oil revenue stolen or misspent since independence in 1960 - World Bank's ex-vice-president for Africa, Oby Ezekwesili said in August

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20081268

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
anonimi:

Nor mind me jare. I go dey find time for point out their HYPOCRISY as much as possible grin grin
No mind them. Them no want extensive probe and them de shout "anti-corruption".

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lushore1:

I'm sure u know sanusi wasnt a CBN governor at the time of PWC probe.

I am not so much concerned about the PWC probe as much as I am about the root cause of these allegations and counter allegations.
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Leading a country like nigeria is not about chest beating and tall promises, let him assume that position and do his thing not boring us with u-turns, excuses, threats and holier than thou attitudes.

He keeps tightening the noose around his neck with his talkative nature. And we are waiting to see another stunt of him drinking garri with N5. groundnut grin
Don't mind the man. He thinks this is 1984. I can't wait to see him assume power
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by temitemi1(m): 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
God Bless u barcanista! I always long to read from u man. For me to take any of this theives parading themselves as progressive serious they need to start the probing from when baba "onechance" was the head of that organisation!! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by AhmedMustapha(m): 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
It is like most of you Buharists have comprehension issue. Nowhere did I pronounce anybody guilty. does calling for comprehensive probe equate to guilt? If you aren't scared you will endorse it.

Don't know what you mean by Buharist, I'm all for good governance but if Gen Buhari defies the submissions of you and other Jonathan loyalists and goes all out to probe the activities of his government as regards the $20 billion missing funds, and if in this process the court labels the officials in this government that were responsible for the funds guilty as charged and spells out the penalties for their actions, what exactly will you do?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, if truly GEJ did not make any inquiry into said missing funds, then that is gross misconduct and unacceptable.

BUT.
1. I doubt, I doubt that he did nothing at the time.
Except of course, he felt SLS was up to no good or was trying to get back at him for a perceived wrong, to which end, he waived it aside. Last I checked...this is politics, Nigerian politics. It's always been a case of scratch my back, I scratch yours.

2. If only the Media Team of GEJ is/was as apt, and articulate as that of GMB's....we mightn't have been here.

3. Besides, I read somewhere that NNPC and CBN weren't fully cooperational, could it be that they (CBN) have been involved in some shadiness too?

4. Could all this bad blood be as a result of deals/agreements gone wrong between both institutions from the get go and now GEJ's the scapegoat?

5. Perhaps I missed it, but was 20billion dollars actually missing?

Okay...follow the numbers

1. GEJ did nothing when SLS raised an alarm. In fact, NOI announced that no money was missing, GEJ said in a presidential chat that nothing is missing and if any money was missing "America will know" instead SLS was fired and the current governor was appointed

2. So are you said Abati, Reno, Dpyin (Former) Okupe were all silly and did not know their jobs? This gets better

3. When the probe was done SLS was not governor. The guy there simply did not cooperate with PWC. Not SLS who raised the alarm

4. Have you read the report? What bad deals?

5. I am doubt you have read the report. SLS, whose job it is to watch over our money noticed that put of 67 billion dollars the NNPC was supposed to remit, they remitted just 47. That's where the 20 billion came from.

Now please go read the report and don't let Barcanista (your crush) confuse you with ideas

8 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by themilanway(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
anonimi:

Waiting for "saint" Buhari of integrity plus strong man to pick them up.

Next

BTW, how long do you think the Daura President will take before picking them up after May 29?

He will if he wants to,what i'm not sure is if meaningless and time wasting thread like this wont surface at every second.Already you could feel the stupid justification your protection seeking friend is trying to conjure up.

I'm happy you willingly admitted Uncle Joe was a massive failure.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by nduchucks: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
Sorry to say that OP's suggestion is dead on arrival. The suggestion is equivalent to stating, in a nonsensical manner, that "if you must prosecute a thief you caught red handed today, you must also prosecute another prson who stole 11-15 years ago".

The issue at hand is the recently released audit report. Lets deal with the newly caught thieves first.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44
I will not dignify your last mention with a matching reply. You went below the belt. Pretty easy to figure.

Just so you know....
I don't take so called facts at face value....this is Nigeria, impossible is nothing.

Goodnight.
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by PassingShot(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Don't know what you mean by Buharist, I'm all for good governance but if Gen Buhari defies the submissions of you and other Jonathan loyalists and goes all out to probe the activities of his government as regards the $20 billion unremitted funds, if in this process the court labels the officials in this government responsible for the funds guilty as charged and spells out the penalties for their actions, what exactly will you do?

Brother, I think you don't know the type of character the OP is. If you don't, just spare five minutes to take a look at his profile of Nairaland and look through his topics, especially 2014 and early 2015 before he sold his soul.
Thereafter, you will surely know how to deal with him better.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by themilanway(m): 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
PassingShot:

He was probably high on his own dung!
grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin I dont take"protection seeking"people serious,if only you guys will do same.He doesnt worth the attention.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Kororugged: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:
[s]Mynd44
I will not dignify your last mention with a matching reply. You went below the belt. Pretty easy to figure.

Just so you know....
I don't take so called facts at face value....this is Nigeria, impossible is nothing.

Goodnight[/s].

This is the politics section not the romance section where you take things personal.

He made his point, counter it or just shut it

If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by PassingShot(m): 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
themilanway:

grin grin grin grin grin I dont take"protection seeking"people serious,if only you guys will do same.He doesnt worth the attention.

Take him seriously ke? Just to quickly deflate his bubble so that the gullible and new forum members don't fall for his cheap lies is the reason I post on his threads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by PassingShot(m): 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
nduchucks:
Sorry to say that OP's suggestion is dead on arrival. The suggestion is equivalent to stating, in a nonsensical manner, that "if you must prosecute a thief you caught red handed today, you must also prosecute another prson who stole 11-15 years ago".

The issue at hand is the recently released audit report. Lets deal with the newly caught thieves first.

Do you expect better reasoning from Mr. Protection?

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
As usual, the OP ran away.

Bye see you folks next time.

Please Barcanista, next time, make the thread one you can argue and not run away from

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kororugged:

This is the politics section not the romance section where you take things personal.

He made his point, counter it or just shut it

If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

I am going no where.
I can choose to play by the rules or map out my own rules of engagement.

Last I checked, it's a free world.
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
MizMyColi:
Mynd44

Just so you know....

Goodnight.
Oh please.

You want to tell me you don't know my posts are heavily laden with sarcasm and jokes to water things down?

I have trolled Barcanista for days and in the end he knows he is still my G. One I owe some bottles of orijin sef.

Stop taking things personal I don't..(well I take some personal)

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by GoodMuyis(m): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Imagine a known thief that looted with Abache in the name of Abubakar Bagudu being given APC Gov ticket in Kebbi, which he subsequently won.

tell me more of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, Stella Odua

if you failed to do that then what you are accused of was true

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by MizMyColi(f): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

Oh please.

You want to tell me you don't know my posts are heavily laden with sarcasm and jokes to water things down?

I have trolled Barcanista for days and in the end he knows he is still my G. One I owe some bottles of orijin sef.

Stop taking things personal I don't..(well I take some personal)
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
God Bless u barcanista! I always long to read from u man. For me to take any of this theives parading themselves as progressive serious they need to start the probing from when baba "onechance" was the head of that organisation!! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
God bless you my brother. #BabaOneChance can't take us on a ride

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
TheFreeOne:

I saw that hypocritical picture myself. The APC understands the most of us are simply too gullible.
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:
As usual, the OP ran away.

Bye see you folks next time.

Please Barcanista, next time, make the thread one you can argue and not run away from
Lol I didn't run na. I just can't be going on a back and forth argument. Meanwhile, I get drink 4 your head o.
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=MizMyColi post=33249319][/quote]
So somebody cannot joke again ko?

*walks out sipping a mixture of B-milk and P-juice*

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
barcanista:
Lol I didn't run na. I just can't be going on a back and forth argument. Meanwhile, I get drink 4 your head o.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
dearpreye:

I saw that hypocritical picture myself. The APC understands the most of us are simply too gullible.
The APC is in for a real shock.
Re: NNPC Probe: A Welcome Development... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mynd44:

So somebody cannot joke again ko?

*walks out sipping a mixture of B-milk and P-juice*

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ganduje Threatens Kwankwaso With Probe / Why Donald Duke Remains Our Best Option / Why Buhari Won’t Interfere In Senate President, Speaker Positions – Tony Momoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.