Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? (9938 Views)

Poll: In your opinion:

Lyrics are more important: 57% (24 votes)
Rhythm/melody are more important: 42% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Benin Radio: Itv Vs. Rhythm / Why Did Nanya Diali Return To Rhythm 93.7 After Being Sacked 9mnths Ago / 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
Rhymes tend to attract one to the song before the lyrics take over.
I've despised certain songs till i listened carefully to the lyrics.
Generally, i'd say lyrics wins it.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by IGWE8: 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2009
Rhythm, why ? anybody can compose lyrics but not every lyrics get rhythm,lol! so as long as music is concern i 'll give it up to rhythm.
regards,
Igwe!
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Bamsyle(m): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yet anutha heap of fuckery with distorted facts and personal opinion you keep forcing people to believe.
How much is Nas worth compared to 50 cent?? grin

50 cent WILL BUY NAS. . . . .U can take that to church or anywhere else. Nas as a rapper does not even make records for the money.
He stays loyal to his fan so commercially, he is a failure like most of the underground cats out there.
I still stand by ma theory that Nas is a featherweight to 50 cent in terms of $$$ $$$ $$$.

Do u read Forbes, ignoramus?? Do i have to be 50's manager to know how much he rakes in annually??
Coca Cola bought his small share in his Vitamin drink and paid him $400 million and you are here ptyalising hokum. grin grin
If the water was such a bad business why would Coca-Cola of all brands pay $4 billion for it??

Lopsided thinking. Below average IQ. Same ol' garbage . . . recycled a hundred times over and over again. Just won't focus on the topic. From Nas to 2pac. From 2pac to Canibus. Then Jay-Z. Now it's 50 Cent. Why don't you just sit down and think before you post Why're you always in a hurry to post What was your childhood like grin grin

I'm done arguing over sturvs like - "50 Cent is the richest man in the world", "50 Cent will buy Nas, Sauron and Canibus", "50 Cent will buy Dangote" grin grin You're sinkin' by the milisecond . . .

Hear yourself: Nas "stays loyal to his fan so commercially, he is a failure like most of the underground cats out there". I've told you that you lack articulating skills. Why not always write sturvs that people can quote anywhere You major so much on minors that you always miss your point - narrowly. And when one tries to put you back on track, you just keep thrashing wildly about. Why don't you just admit that you need help

Why can't you just reason like someone who passed through school Someone who stays loyal to his fans is a failure commercially grin Who are the peops that'll buy your CDs Who are the peops that'll pay to come for your shows Who are the peops that'll stake their money to see you rise

Your thinking is defective. You think it's a general rule that anyone who stays loyal to his fans is a commercial failure? Not all artistes are like Canibus who has no fan base. That's why LL told him 99% of his fans don't exist. Get this into your head hombre - As an artiste, when you have a proper fan base, you've taken the most important step in yo' career. Maybe you don't even know Nas. Nas is one of the few cats who have managed to remain relevant in both the underground and mainstream circles. That's sumn Canibus would never achieve. He was tellin' LL that 99% of his fans are females . . . but at least he has credible fans!!! Who are Canibus' fans Retards like you! grin grin grin

Which die-hard Jigga fans did Nas convert?? Jigga finished Nas with Blueprint 2 but of course, people wanted Nas to win the battle.
Jay-Z lost the battle in the eyes of hip-hop listeners after he did it the 2Pac way that he slept with Nas' girlfriend. Jigga's mother was pissed and asked him to apologise. Women were pissed because they felt Jigga was a misogynist who gets high dissing women.
The so called battle was decided by fans who called in to punt their votes so shut up and stop blabbing heresy.

You're beginning to sound like a wounded dog . . . that's what you get for runnin' yo' mouth at me . . . grin

Why not post the lyrics of both wars here so we'll critic 'em bar for bar

You tend to believe that the whole world reasons the way you do. If that's the case, then the world is doomed grin grin

All you typed up there is worth 0 cent. Just add IMO (In My Opinion) to it and go to sleep . . . no one's listening to you.

He did not reply a lot of disses cos he is a coward. His hands were forced to reply Jay-Z and he was even crap with the disses.
A lotta cats just felt for him generally and he took the spoils. If we lay out the lyrics line after line, Blueprint 2 whups it loud and clear.
Last Nigga Alive was a weak attempt. . . .Talking about Biggie wars after Biggie passed away. Last Real Nigga alive was on God's Son album in 2002.

Biggie died in 1997. . . . .So Nas skipped the story in his 2 albums in 99(I Am + Nastradamus), Skipped it in 2001(Stillmatic).
How authentic was his fairy tale?? Who can confirm it?? Dead Biggie!!
Why didn't Nas tell this story on "We Will Survive" when he was creaming his nether region for Biggie and comparing him to Allah??
U need to put a cock in it and stop arguing like a tard, abeg. Your buffoonery is getting me ticked.

Your mental faculties need a visit to the factory . . .

Was there any need for a "King of New York" feud when Biggie was still alive When Biggie was alive, he wore the crown and sat firmly on the throne . . . and deservedly so. Before Biggie's death, the relationship between the two rappers was that of respect, with Jay-Z giving Nas props in several of his albums. There was just a quiet tension that did not culminate into a rivalry until after Biggie's death - cos each felt he deserved the throne mo' than the other.

Even after Biggie died, Jay-Z continued to show Nas respect. In his "Where I'm From", he spat; "Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas". He also sampled Nas' voice from his song "Represent" on his track, "Rap Game/Crack Game". Nas took all this ish as Jay's cockiness and, referencin' Biggie, released "We Will Survive" where he spat;

"But, now competition is none, now that you're gone
And these n****s is wrong - usin' your name in vain
And they claim to be New York's king? It ain't about that
".

That was just the beginning of the war. The rest is now history. Why would he need to go into all that story-telling at the very beginning Read through as many debates/forums as you can and hear judgments from fans and critics alike about the feud. Sometime later, a Hot 97 radio phone-in prog pitted "Ether" and "Supa Ugly" against each other and Nas won. What are you on

You continue to display your moronic tendencies. For a so-called lover of lyrics who dismisses Modenine's lines as crap, prefers Ruggedman's lines, and calls Alabai the best rapper in Naija . . . what are you

It's funny how some people change . . . just a few months ago . . . I still remember you in some other Nas thread . . . you joined Eldee to eulogise Nas . . . that was when we were still waiting for his Untitled album . . . you jumped on i-Tunes and quickly copped his album . . . now in your bid to win a debate at all costs . . . you despise him . . . how inconsistent can you get

U lack horse sense. . . . . .How many names would he drop in a studio interview with Sway. He said it loud and clear he was beefing with the big brothers in the East coast. The ones who dissed em that West Coast songs were rubbish. Who are the Big brothers? The pioneers!!! So who are the pioneers? The Rakims of this world. Jeeez.

It was an interview. As at the time that interview was made. . . . .It wasn't supposed to be made into any album.
He was just talking generally about the way things were. It was not a battle song. It was what it was. . . .an interview.
Pac said the only reason he would not diss East Coast rappers was if they seperate themselves from Biggie. That was pure in ma opinion.

Whats wrong with your gumpton, hombre?? He had all the Big Boys in mind.
They all cussed the west coast for making shit songs with the whole G-funk thingy. Go and listen more.
He talked about LLcool J in Silver suit dancing with ladies. He said that was shit but he had to support it cos Rap music needed a face in that era.
I cannot continue to lecture you here, dawg!!! Get some rap education.

Your sense is muddied . . .

When did Rakim refer to West Coast songs as rubbish Just read yo' post again and see how you drew yo' conclusions . . . Big brothers = pioneers. Pioneers = Rakim. Do you walk on your head

It was an interview . . . So? That it was an interview means he shouldn't mention names? Are you an elf? I won't even waste ma precious time on this one.

I never used that excuse for Canibus. I only corrected your ERROR when you said Canibus sampled everyone's beats to make "Rip The Jacker"
Till date, the album was critically acclaimed as his best work so it didn't matter whether he was present when Jedi made the album or not.
I only cleared the air that Bis didn't even know which beat was on which lyrics, capice??

Sensible ma ass. . . . . . .90% of your tales are erroneous.
U don't pay attention to the main feature. . . .U tend to pick things that are not relevant in a debate.
What has the sampling of Fela's beat gotta do with Canibus' supremacy in rap lyrics??

That it was critically acclaimed as his best work means shiite to me . . . any mediocre can have a best work . . . his best work doesn't square with Rakim's worst work . . . you're still on that "he didn't know the beat" sh*t . . . that's dumb . . . close your ears and listen to yourself talk . . . that way, you'll reduce your nauseating babblings and reduce the nuisance you currently constitute . . .

"Supremacy in rap lyrics" Just cos he's a punchline rapper or he uses big words does not make him the best lyricist . . . if I tell you again that you have a prob with English Language or semantics, you'll start crying . . . Is Rap all about punchlines Are Bis' lines as deep and thought-provoking as Nas' We're talking lyrics - not punchlines. We're talking about shapes, you mention triangles and claim that's what shapes are all about - do you see the defect in your reasoning Your reasoning keeps obeying the "Law of Diminishing Returns" grin grin grin

How many times will I tell you that if you've got nutin to say, just walk away . . . quietly
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Sauron1: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2009
Bamsyle:

Lopsided thinking. Below average IQ. Same ol' garbage . . . recycled a hundred times over and over again. Just won't focus on the topic. From Nas to 2pac. From 2pac to Canibus. Then Jay-Z. Now it's 50 Cent. Why don't you just sit down and think before you post Why're you always in a hurry to post What was your childhood like grin grin

This irritating leprechaun won't just give up with his asinine comments and empty reasoning.
We are debating and talking about rappers generally so why won't the debate go here n there?? East/West Coast beef will definitely revolve around the names of rappers so if you cannot cope with the magnitude of the debate, then resign. Reading Wikipedia won't help your cause here.
It's easy to know you know nowt about the rap game.

I'm done arguing over sturvs like - "50 Cent is the richest man in the world", "50 Cent will buy Nas, Sauron and Canibus", "50 Cent will buy Dangote" grin grin You're sinkin' by the milisecond . . .

Your attempt to be funny is so weak if you were a sperm, you wouldn't fertilise an ovum.
Nas is not even in the top 10 of the richest rappers in the world so tape it shut. Just because you cream yourself over him does not make him rich.
After how many years/albums, what is his worth?? His best album(Illmatic) took 7 years to hit platinum. His last album is not yet a platinum album so what are you on about?? Prove to us Nas is richer than 50 otherwise remain mum.

Hear yourself: Nas "stays loyal to his fan so commercially, he is a failure like most of the underground cats out there". I've told you that you lack articulating skills. Why not always write sturvs that people can quote anywhere You major so much on minors that you always miss your point - narrowly. And when one tries to put you back on track, you just keep thrashing wildly about. Why don't you just admit that you need help

It seems you were abused as a child. Breathe easy and read with your eyes open.
Nas is a commercial failure(he does not sell records like he should) but he gives his fans what they want. There are many rappers in this category(but most of them are not mainstream).
Wu-tang(They never switch their mentality), their fans get what they want but commercially they are nowhere. Ras Kass, Killah Priest, Immortal Technique, Canibus, Method Man, Redman etc.

Why can't you just reason like someone who passed through school Someone who stays loyal to his fans is a failure commercially grin Who are the peops that'll buy your CDs Who are the peops that'll pay to come for your shows Who are the peops that'll stake their money to see you rise

You are beginning to sound like an idiot. For instance, Rakim is loyal to his fans. He would never do commercial stuffs or go pop to make an album.
He is loyal to his fans but commercially he will fail. The reason people like 50, Eminem, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are successful is because they mix the two together. Plenty of radio-friendly beats + Hardcore. Commercially, most of their singles would be accepted worldwide by fans and the hardcore fans still get their share of their album. You can be loyal to your own fans and still fail commercially, doofus!!!!

Your thinking is defective. You think it's a general rule that anyone who stays loyal to his fans is a commercial failure? Not all artistes are like Canibus who has no fan base. That's why LL told him 99% of his fans don't exist. Get this into your head hombre - As an artiste, when you have a proper fan base, you've taken the most important step in yo' career. Maybe you don't even know Nas. Nas is one of the few cats who have managed to remain relevant in both the underground and mainstream circles. That's sumn Canibus would never achieve. He was tellin' LL that 99% of his fans are females . . . but at least he has credible fans!!! Who are Canibus' fans Retards like you! grin grin grin

Spermflakes must occupy where your brain-cells should be.
After 15 years of bursting into the rap game, even Nas would tell you he is not fulfilled.
Why was Jigga dissing him on "Takeover". . . . . .
Four albums in ten years nigga? I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them shits was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average.

After 15 years, Nas does not have his record label, he has declined, the knowledge he used to kick is no longer there.
He lost all credibility when he went back to Jay-Z.
Even a rat like Young Jeezy affirmed that when he said Nas is just all mouth. Go and read the exclusive interview.

You're beginning to sound like a wounded dog . . . that's what you get for runnin' yo' mouth at me . . . grin
Why not post the lyrics of both wars here so we'll critic 'em bar for bar
You tend to believe that the whole world reasons the way you do. If that's the case, then the world is doomed grin grin
All you typed up there is worth 0 cent. Just add IMO (In My Opinion) to it and go to sleep . . . no one's listening to you.

If it's worth 0 cent then it means your motor neurones have refused to carry the messages your brain sends.
Were u paid exclusively to be a plonker on this section??
I said Blueprint 2 was a better diss track than Ether. . . . .In the Angie Martinez show that pitted Nas n Jay-Z.
They used Nas' "Ether" versus Jigga's "Super Ugly"(a 2 min track) and fans voted based on those songs. Blueprint 2 woulda whupped Ether.

Your mental faculties need a visit to the factory . . .
Was there any need for a "King of New York" feud when Biggie was still alive When Biggie was alive, he wore the crown and sat firmly on the throne . . . and deservedly so. Before Biggie's death, the relationship between the two rappers was that of respect, with Jay-Z giving Nas props in several of his albums. There was just a quiet tension that did not culminate into a rivalry until after Biggie's death - cos each felt he deserved the throne mo' than the other.

Stop foaming in the mouth like a kid suffering from photo-sensitive epilepsy. . . . .
Where did i ever say there was a King Of NY feud when Biggie was alive?? All i said was why did Nas have to wait for 5 years before telling us about his Biggie wars when he coulda conveniently mentioned it in the 3 albums he released before God's Son??

Even after Biggie died, Jay-Z continued to show Nas respect. In his "Where I'm From", he spat; "Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas". He also sampled Nas' voice from his song "Represent" on his track, "Rap Game/Crack Game". Nas took all this ish as Jay's cockiness and, referencin' Biggie, released "We Will Survive" where he spat;
"But, now competition is none, now that you're gone
And these n****s is wrong - usin' your name in vain
And they claim to be New York's king? It ain't about that
".

So what if Jigga sampled Nas. . . . .He already replied Nas "You made it a hot line, i made it a hot song". . . .Takeover(Blueprint)
Nas was inconsistent. Creaming himself over Biggie in 1999, releasing what ensued and the Biggie wars in 2002.
What a kike!!!

That was just the beginning of the war. The rest is now history. Why would he need to go into all that story-telling at the very beginning Read through as many debates/forums as you can and hear judgments from fans and critics alike about the feud. Sometime later, a Hot 97 radio phone-in prog pitted "Ether" and "Supa Ugly" against each other and Nas won. What are you on

You lack mother wit!!! grin grin
Why shouldn't he go into the story-telling?? Cheese n Rice. . . . .Why bother at all. Shit happened the previous 5 years and then he still opened his gap-toothed mouth to tell us about Biggie wars?? He was just jealous Biggie saw more potential in Jigga than him. QED.
I remember Biggie saying if there was one rapper that could give him a run for his money, Jigga would fit that bill.

You continue to display your moronic tendencies. For a so-called lover of lyrics who dismisses Modenine's lines as crap, prefers Ruggedman's lines, and calls Alabai the best rapper in Naija . . . what are you

Alabai had more wits and intelligence than Modenine.
To be successful in the Naija rap game, you need latitude, uniqueness and inimitable.
I am yet so see his album but "Voice Of God" eclipsed whatever Modenine has done in his 40 odd years. 'Nuff said.

It's funny how some people change . . . just a few months ago . . . I still remember you in some other Nas thread . . . you joined Eldee to eulogise Nas . . . that was when we were still waiting for his Untitled album . . . you jumped on i-Tunes and quickly copped his album . . . now in your bid to win a debate at all costs . . . you despise him . . . how inconsistent can you get

Nas used to be a god, you idiot.
I have all his albums on ma iPod and if he makes another album tomorrow, i would be the first to cop it on i-tunes. I know his weaknesses and his strengths. He could make the odd one or two thought-provoking songs like "One Mic" or "One Moment" but abeg. . .he cannot touch Canibus on lyrics.
You are not an illiterate. Put your sub-literate status to test and google Bis' lyrics and see what 1,000,000 hip hop forums say about him.

Your sense is muddied . . .
When did Rakim refer to West Coast songs as rubbish Just read yo' post again and see how you drew yo' conclusions . . . Big brothers = pioneers. Pioneers = Rakim. Do you walk on your head
It was an interview . . . So? That it was an interview means he shouldn't mention names? Are you an elf? I won't even waste ma precious time on this one.

So u expect 2Pac to name all the rappers on the East Coast to show his contempt?? Are you bird-brained.
Someone said i am beefing the East Coast until they disassociate themselves from Biggie. It was 2pac versus ALL the NY rappers in 1996.
If you were a rapper in NY then, 2Pac hated you. Pure plain and simple.

That it was critically acclaimed as his best work means shiite to me . . . any mediocre can have a best work . . . his best work doesn't square with Rakim's worst work . . . you're still on that "he didn't know the beat" sh*t . . . that's dumb . . . close your ears and listen to yourself talk . . . that way, you'll reduce your nauseating babblings and reduce the nuisance you currently constitute . . .

You are a person. . . . .Any mediocre can have a best work??
Jeeez. . . .U might need to thaw out the 2-brain cells you have got. The album many pundits put next to Illmatic and was easily the best hip-hop album in 2003 is what you classify as shit?? Your sub-normal intelligence makes me sick to my stomach.
Nigeria keep producing half-baked graduates like you with little or no nous. You are not better than a tomfool.

"Supremacy in rap lyrics" Just cos he's a punchline rapper or he uses big words does not make him the best lyricist . . . if I tell you again that you have a prob with English Language or semantics, you'll start crying . . . Is Rap all about punchlines Are Bis' lines as deep and thought-provoking as Nas' We're talking lyrics - not punchlines. We're talking about shapes, you mention triangles and claim that's what shapes are all about - do you see the defect in your reasoning Your reasoning keeps obeying the "Law of Diminishing Returns" grin grin grin

U have a retarded way of making senseless analogies. Canibus lines are more though-provoking than anyone out there(his main weakness).
He makes 11 types of "One Mic" and after fans listen n listen there's no dance track. Something Jay-Z, Nas, 2Pac wouldn't do.
Jigga/Nas would make 2-3 thought provoking songs on an album and go pop with the rest of the tracks in an album while Canibus would give you "Cemantics", "Psych Evaluation" and "Poet Laureate Infinity". Who makes 1000 bars of thought-provoking shit to cook the brains of his fans??
U are a fool for comparing Canibus to Nas as far as thought-provoking works are concerned.

How many times will I tell you that if you've got nutin to say, just walk away . . . quietly

U need a nordic track to push your weight around here, dawg!!! grin grin grin grin
Go and do more research. . . . .Come back when you have a better defense not the drivel you keep ptyalising like a lummox.
Take your time as much as you can to reply. I will be waiting to pound you more.
U tyke!!! grin
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Bamsyle(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

This irritating leprechaun won't just give up with his asinine comments and empty reasoning.
We are debating and talking about rappers generally so why won't the debate go here n there?? East/West Coast beef will definitely revolve around the names of rappers so if you cannot cope with the magnitude of the debate, then resign. Reading Wikipedia won't help your cause here.
It's easy to know you know nowt about the rap game.

Your attempt to be funny is so weak if you were a sperm, you wouldn't fertilise an ovum.
Nas is not even in the top 10 of the richest rappers in the world so tape it shut. Just because you cream yourself over him does not make him rich.
After how many years/albums, what is his worth?? His best album(Illmatic) took 7 years to hit platinum. His last album is not yet a platinum album so what are you on about?? Prove to us Nas is richer than 50 otherwise remain mum.

It seems you were abused as a child. Breathe easy and read with your eyes open.
Nas is a commercial failure(he does not sell records like he should) but he gives his fans what they want. There are many rappers in this category(but most of them are not mainstream).
Wu-tang(They never switch their mentality), their fans get what they want but commercially they are nowhere. Ras Kass, Killah Priest, Immortal Technique, Canibus, Method Man, Redman etc.

You are beginning to sound like an idiot. For instance, Rakim is loyal to his fans. He would never do commercial stuffs or go pop to make an album.
He is loyal to his fans but commercially he will fail. The reason people like 50, Eminem, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are successful is because they mix the two together. Plenty of radio-friendly beats + Hardcore. Commercially, most of their singles would be accepted worldwide by fans and the hardcore fans still get their share of their album. You can be loyal to your own fans and still fail commercially, doofus!!!!

Spermflakes must occupy where your brain-cells should be.
After 15 years of bursting into the rap game, even Nas would tell you he is not fulfilled.
Why was Jigga dissing him on "Takeover". . . . . .
Four albums in ten years nigga? I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them shits was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average.

After 15 years, Nas does not have his record label, he has declined, the knowledge he used to kick is no longer there.
He lost all credibility when he went back to Jay-Z.
Even a rat like Young Jeezy affirmed that when he said Nas is just all mouth. Go and read the exclusive interview.

If it's worth 0 cent then it means your motor neurones have refused to carry the messages your brain sends.
Were u paid exclusively to be a plonker on this section??
I said Blueprint 2 was a better diss track than Ether. . . . .In the Angie Martinez show that pitted Nas n Jay-Z.
They used Nas' "Ether" versus Jigga's "Super Ugly"(a 2 min track) and fans voted based on those songs. Blueprint 2 woulda whupped Ether.

Stop foaming in the mouth like a kid suffering from photo-sensitive epilepsy. . . . .
Where did i ever say there was a King Of NY feud when Biggie was alive?? All i said was why did Nas have to wait for 5 years before telling us about his Biggie wars when he coulda conveniently mentioned it in the 3 albums he released before God's Son??

So what if Jigga sampled Nas. . . . .He already replied Nas "You made it a hot line, i made it a hot song". . . .Takeover(Blueprint)
Nas was inconsistent. Creaming himself over Biggie in 1999, releasing what ensued and the Biggie wars in 2002.
What a kike!!!

You lack mother wit!!! grin grin
Why shouldn't he go into the story-telling?? Cheese n Rice. . . . .Why bother at all. Shit happened the previous 5 years and then he still opened his gap-toothed mouth to tell us about Biggie wars?? He was just jealous Biggie saw more potential in Jigga than him. QED.
I remember Biggie saying if there was one rapper that could give him a run for his money, Jigga would fit that bill.

Alabai had more wits and intelligence than Modenine.
To be successful in the Naija rap game, you need latitude, uniqueness and inimitable.
I am yet so see his album but "Voice Of God" eclipsed whatever Modenine has done in his 40 odd years. 'Nuff said.

Nas used to be a god, you idiot.
I have all his albums on ma iPod and if he makes another album tomorrow, i would be the first to cop it on i-tunes. I know his weaknesses and his strengths. He could make the odd one or two thought-provoking songs like "One Mic" or "One Moment" but abeg. . .he cannot touch Canibus on lyrics.
You are not an illiterate. Put your sub-literate status to test and google Bis' lyrics and see what 1,000,000 hip hop forums say about him.

So u expect 2Pac to name all the rappers on the East Coast to show his contempt?? Are you bird-brained.
Someone said i am beefing the East Coast until they disassociate themselves from Biggie. It was 2pac versus ALL the NY rappers in 1996.
If you were a rapper in NY then, 2Pac hated you. Pure plain and simple.

You are a person. . . . .Any mediocre can have a best work??
Jeeez. . . .U might need to thaw out the 2-brain cells you have got. The album many pundits put next to Illmatic and was easily the best hip-hop album in 2003 is what you classify as shit?? Your sub-normal intelligence makes me sick to my stomach.
Nigeria keep producing half-baked graduates like you with little or no nous. You are not better than a tomfool.

U have a retarded way of making senseless analogies. Canibus lines are more though-provoking than anyone out there(his main weakness).
He makes 11 types of "One Mic" and after fans listen n listen there's no dance track. Something Jay-Z, Nas, 2Pac wouldn't do.
Jigga/Nas would make 2-3 thought provoking songs on an album and go pop with the rest of the tracks in an album while Canibus would give you "Cemantics", "Psych Evaluation" and "Poet Laureate Infinity". Who makes 1000 bars of thought-provoking shit to cook the brains of his fans??
U are a fool for comparing Canibus to Nas as far as thought-provoking works are concerned.

U need a nordic track to push your weight around here, dawg!!! grin grin grin grin
Go and do more research. . . . .Come back when you have a better defense not the drivel you keep ptyalising like a lummox.
Take your time as much as you can to reply. I will be waiting to pound you more.
U tyke!!! grin

grin grin grin This dude is really irked.

You're a disgrace to any and every thing you're associated with . . .

Just a few months ago . . . July 15, 2008 to be precise . . . in a thread tagged "Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist?" . . . on this same NL . . . you posted this:

"Without a doubt, he would make anyone's top 2 if not the BEST OVERALL.
I have been listening to his new album since last night and this nigga's knowledge is just top draw.
His width, delivery and punch-lines are so on point!!!!
"

In the same thread, you also had this to say:

". . . Nasty Nas ripped it!!!!

It was worth the wait last night. . . . . me n Eldee were counting down till itunes released it at 12 on the dot!!!
The intro was the best i have heard from Nas. . . . He was slicing the beats like hot knife on butter.
His lyrics are reborn, new improved and top notch.

A definite MUST-BUY. It's inarguably the best RAP ALBUM this year.
"

Again . . . in the same thread . . . in a reply to a certain poster with the moniker "The Sly" . . . you said this:

"Mr SLY, how can u compare anything T.I. spits to what Pharaoh Nas would slurr??
Nas is a prophet. . . .T.I. is a nursery rhymer.
It's just unfortunate that garbage moves more units these days but pure rap heads would rather listen to Nasty Nas than T.I. or Soulja Boy.
Simply put, don't put Nas in the category of the new generation MCs like Lil' Wayne, T.I., Soulja Boy, Yung Berg or MIM.
Nas is up there with em Jigga, Big, Pac, Em, Dre, Canibus, etc.
"

(- all from https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-140450.32.html)

Few months later, Nas sucks to you. He's not even as good as Soulja Boy. Even Jay-Z that you've castigated in a lot of threads is better than Nas . . . to refresh yo' memory, The Sly was rating TI above Nas cos he felt he's richer . . . you reproved him for that . . . you even placed Nas on the same pedestal with Canibus . . . here, you rate 50 Cent above Nas cos he's richer . . . even Pac is on your list of greats with Canibus . . . the "best rap album in 2008" is now the worst album ever within the first two months of 2009 . . .

Are you not pathetic

You may be irked . . . but you're still required to make sense when you talk . . . why did you go to school if you can't just use yo' brain

That big mass of cells in yo' head is not a decoration. It's a brain. Use it.

We're talking 'bout someone who spits intelligently and you're here talking money. No wonder we now have a lot of graduate robbers . . . guys like you do not believe in realness . . . you just believe in quick money . . . If 50 Cent made money from selling water, how's that related to his music skills? Why not go to the biz section of NL and discuss that there

I already know your tactics so I won't waste ma time on this. When all your weak points are knocked off with basic facts, you resort to abuses. You use words like "plonker", "asinine", "idiot", "cretinuous liliputan" grin grin grin Why don't you dig up more words - we're tired of these ones grin grin grin You expended so much bandwith on such a long post and yet you said nutin new . . . no iota of sense whatsoever . . . as a graduate - you're a waste . . . as an artiste, you're a monumental failure . . .

Even if you stand for nutin else, at least be consistent in yo' reasoning. Why does your brain keep dangling like a pendulum grin grin Neither here nor there . . . tomorrow 50 Cent would be better than Biggie . . . all cos you must win an argument . . . is this what your life is all about

You just need attention . . . maybe you've always suffered from deprivation . . . all your wasted life . . .

No need to talk much about the Modenine issue . . . I'm not even a Modey fan . . . I just keep ish simple 'n' real . . . we all know why you have issues with Modenine . . .

I got these words for you: It's not too late to make sumn out of your life . . . pick up the smithereens of your life and pray God'll help you patch it up wink
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Sauron1: 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2009
Bamsyle:

grin grin grin This dude is really irked.
You're a disgrace to any and every thing you're associated with . . .

You are a bigger disgrace and you have the brain power of a SLUG.

Just a few months ago . . . July 15, 2008 to be precise . . . in a thread tagged "Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist?" . . . on this same NL . . . you posted this:

"Without a doubt, he would make anyone's top 2 if not the BEST OVERALL.
I have been listening to his new album since last night and this nigga's knowledge is just top draw.
His width, delivery and punch-lines are so on point!!!!
"

In the same thread, you also had this to say:

". . . Nasty Nas ripped it!!!!

It was worth the wait last night. . . . . me n Eldee were counting down till itunes released it at 12 on the dot!!!
The intro was the best i have heard from Nas. . . . He was slicing the beats like hot knife on butter.
His lyrics are reborn, new improved and top notch.

A definite MUST-BUY. It's inarguably the best RAP ALBUM this year.
"

Again . . . in the same thread . . . in a reply to a certain poster with the moniker "The Sly" . . . you said this:

"Mr SLY, how can u compare anything T.I. spits to what Pharaoh Nas would slurr??
Nas is a prophet. . . .T.I. is a nursery rhymer.
It's just unfortunate that garbage moves more units these days but pure rap heads would rather listen to Nasty Nas than T.I. or Soulja Boy.
Simply put, don't put Nas in the category of the new generation MCs like Lil' Wayne, T.I., Soulja Boy, Yung Berg or MIM.
Nas is up there with em Jigga, Big, Pac, Em, Dre, Canibus, etc.
"

(- all from https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-140450.32.html)

So what has changed? I said Nas is up there in the league of the elite. Tottenham is in the same league as Chelsea does not EQUATE them, poof!!!
Can you not see Canibus in the list i made up even as far back as July?? Where is the descrepancy??
Of course, relatively, Nas is loads better than T.I, Lil Wayne, MIM and Soulja boy(Those are division 2 rappers)

I said Nas is up there with the likes of Jigga, Biggie, Pac, Canibus, Dre etc but even iif he's in that group they are not EQUAL.
If we narrow the focus on the group of elite i mentioned, you will find out the marginal difference between each n everyone of them.
U are beginning to exude the character of a street urchin who just barks without making sense.

Few months later, Nas sucks to you. He's not even as good as Soulja Boy. Even Jay-Z that you've castigated in a lot of threads is better than Nas . . . to refresh yo' memory, The Sly was rating TI above Nas cos he felt he's richer . . . you reproved him for that . . . you even placed Nas on the same pedestal with Canibus . . . here, you rate 50 Cent above Nas cos he's richer . . . even Pac is on your list of greats with Canibus . . . the "best rap album in 2008" is now the worst album ever within the first two months of 2009 . . .

You are an ignorant bastard. Where did i say 50 is better than Nas because he is richer??
This dude pack a bag of lies in his loins. I said commercially, 50 is bigger than Nas. Where did i say 50 is better than Nas lyrically??
Are you an idiot?  Everytime i compare cats based on one lineament, you open your disease-infested mouth to say they are better in total package.

Commercial wise, 50 is better than Nas. Lyrically, Nas is better than 50 but he come short in comparison to Canibus.
They all have their strengths n weaknesses. As a total artiste, Canibus is not even near Nas by a country mile.
Lyrically, Canibus will eat Nasty Nas' verbiage. If u cannot understand that, kill yourself, abeg.

Are you not pathetic
You may be irked . . . but you're still required to make sense when you talk . . . why did you go to school if you can't just use yo' brain
That big mass of cells in yo' head is not a decoration. It's a brain. Use it.

Look at this idiot savant. U are the one with 2-brain cells.
Even in the normal Nairaland battle. There are different things to look at.
Metaphors, flow, wordplay, punchlines, multis, etc. So if Ibime tops the grade in Metaphors and punchlines but his opponent beats him in the other 3 categories and WIN. Does that mean the opponent has a better punchline than Ibime?? Of course not but as a total netcee, he is better than Ibime.
Use your head and stop spilling balderdash like a lobotomised ape.

We're talking 'bout someone who spits intelligently and you're here talking money. No wonder we now have a lot of graduate robbers . . . guys like you do not believe in realness . . . you just believe in quick money . . . If 50 Cent made money from selling water, how's that related to his music skills? Why not go to the biz section of NL and discuss that there

Another waste of bandwidth. I was rating em commercially not what they spit, dork!!!

I already know your tactics so I won't waste ma time on this. When all your weak points are knocked off with basic facts, you resort to abuses. You use words like "plonker", "asinine", "idiot", "cretinuous liliputan" grin grin grin Why don't you dig up more words - we're tired of these ones grin grin grin You expended so much bandwith on such a long post and yet you said nutin new . . . no iota of sense whatsoever . . . as a graduate - you're a waste . . . as an artiste, you're a monumental failure . . .

As an artiste?? ROFLMAO. . . . . .What a tyke!!! Did i ever tell you i was an artiste.
A miscreant like you who is not even known to be proficient in anything you do. U come to the music section and download the stuffs you read on Wiki and you thump your chest, is that your intelligence?? U don't even know the art of writing lyrics. U are yet to drop any topicals of note.
U can't make words rhyme together unless you are citing Rakim's lyrics. U are a waste of space and investment.
Money spent on you shoulda been used to buy trojan condoms. I am sick and tired of seeing idiot savants like you trolling this forum
Go get a life.

Even if you stand for nutin else, at least be consistent in yo' reasoning. Why does your brain keep dangling like a pendulum grin grin Neither here nor there . . . tomorrow 50 Cent would be better than Biggie . . . all cos you must win an argument . . . is this what your life is all about
You just need attention . . . maybe you've always suffered from deprivation . . . all your wasted life . . .

Still more piffle from a brainless verminous cretin.
Don't u have anything else to do apart from arguing blindly in a debate you have lost?
You are the one begging for attention here. U cannot seperate different categories that makes an artiste great.
Christ!!! U conveniently lump everything together like a mysophile that you are.
Eldee: TI is cuter than Nas.
Bamsyle: Eldee, how can you say TI is BETTER than Nas.
Thats how retarded you sound sometimes.

No need to talk much about the Modenine issue . . . I'm not even a Modey fan . . . I just keep ish simple 'n' real . . . we all know why you have issues with Modenine . . .
I got these words for you: It's not too late to make sumn out of your life . . . pick up the smithereens of your life and pray God'll help you patch it up wink

Leave those words for yourself.

The kind of life i live is the type you pray for everyday in Nigeria why slapping mosquitoes feeding on your face.
U are priggish, pseudo-authoritative and what you stand for makes me nauseous.
Go get a life and re-educate yourself. U have not changed from the Bamsyle i left his face in poop some months ago.
Ma advice: Go to a rehab and sort out the demons speaking to you.
Asshole. grin
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Bamsyle(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

You are a bigger disgrace and you have the brain power of a SLUG.

So what has changed? I said Nas is up there in the league of the elite. Tottenham is in the same league as Chelsea does not EQUATE them, poof!!!
Can you not see Canibus in the list i made up even as far back as July?? Where is the descrepancy??
Of course, relatively, Nas is loads better than T.I, Lil Wayne, MIM and Soulja boy(Those are division 2 rappers)

I said Nas is up there with the likes of Jigga, Biggie, Pac, Canibus, Dre etc but even iif he's in that group they are not EQUAL.
If we narrow the focus on the group of elite i mentioned, you will find out the marginal difference between each n everyone of them.
U are beginning to exude the character of a street urchin who just barks without making sense.

You are an ignorant bastard. Where did i say 50 is better than Nas because he is richer??
This dude pack a bag of lies in his loins. I said commercially, 50 is bigger than Nas. Where did i say 50 is better than Nas lyrically??
Are you an idiot? Everytime i compare cats based on one lineament, you open your disease-infested mouth to say they are better in total package.

Commercial wise, 50 is better than Nas. Lyrically, Nas is better than 50 but he come short in comparison to Canibus.
They all have their strengths n weaknesses. As a total artiste, Canibus is not even near Nas by a country mile.
Lyrically, Canibus will eat Nasty Nas' verbiage. If u cannot understand that, kill yourself, abeg.

Look at this idiot savant. U are the one with 2-brain cells.
Even in the normal Nairaland battle. There are different things to look at.
Metaphors, flow, wordplay, punchlines, multis, etc. So if Ibime tops the grade in Metaphors and punchlines but his opponent beats him in the other 3 categories and WIN. Does that mean the opponent has a better punchline than Ibime?? Of course not but as a total netcee, he is better than Ibime.
Use your head and stop spilling balderdash like a lobotomised ape.

Another waste of bandwidth. I was rating em commercially not what they spit, dork!!!

As an artiste?? ROFLMAO. . . . . .What a tyke!!! Did i ever tell you i was an artiste.
A miscreant like you who is not even known to be proficient in anything you do. U come to the music section and download the stuffs you read on Wiki and you thump your chest, is that your intelligence?? U don't even know the art of writing lyrics. U are yet to drop any topicals of note.
U can't make words rhyme together unless you are citing Rakim's lyrics. U are a waste of space and investment.
Money spent on you shoulda been used to buy trojan condoms. I am sick and tired of seeing idiot savants like you trolling this forum
Go get a life.

Still more piffle from a brainless verminous cretin.
Don't u have anything else to do apart from arguing blindly in a debate you have lost?
You are the one begging for attention here. U cannot seperate different categories that makes an artiste great.
Christ!!! U conveniently lump everything together like a mysophile that you are.
Eldee: TI is cuter than Nas.
Bamsyle: Eldee, how can you say TI is BETTER than Nas.
Thats how retarded you sound sometimes.

Leave those words for yourself.

The kind of life i live is the type you pray for everyday in Nigeria why slapping mosquitoes feeding on your face.
U are priggish, pseudo-authoritative and what you stand for makes me nauseous.
Go get a life and re-educate yourself. U have not changed from the Bamsyle i left his face in poop some months ago.
Ma advice: Go to a rehab and sort out the demons speaking to you.
Asshole. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

See this elf trying to wriggle out of the tight corner he's put himself in grin grin

If you like call all the names under heaven and give them to your family - it doesn't change the fact that you're not fit to be called a human being . . .

Your "cretinous vermin", "liliputan", "lobotomised ape", "idiot savant" et al does not change the fact that you always shoot yourself in the leg when boxed into a tight corner grin grin grin

This is another done deal grin It's a wrap yo grin grin

When next you post anything else sensible on this topic, trust me that I'll give you a befitting response. Till then, trust me I'm just laughing at you - I won't even waste ma time on this cos there's nutin sensible enough to warrant a reply in your post - you contradicted yourself bro tongue

See Sauron having spasms of anger grin grin grin grin
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Sauron1: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2009
Bamsyle:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
See this elf trying to wriggle out of the tight corner he's put himself in grin grin

Calling Sauron an Elf even shows how ignorant you can be. grin grin grin
Stop displaying your stupidity on this forum.

If you like call all the names under heaven and give them to your family - it doesn't change the fact that you're not fit to be called a human being . . .
Your "cretinous vermin", "liliputan", "lobotomised ape", "idiot savant" et al does not change the fact that you always shoot yourself in the leg when boxed into a tight corner grin grin grin

Tsk tsk. . . . .Were you raised in the gutter??

I really mean it when i use those words. You cannot argue like someone with nous.
U tend to lump everything together like a Philistine.

This is another done deal grin It's a wrap yo grin grin

Anutha done deal of defeat for you.
It's an art. . . . . .There's nothing you know more than i do aside your serial wanking. grin

When next you post anything else sensible on this topic, trust me that I'll give you a befitting response. Till then, trust me I'm just laughing at you - I won't even waste ma time on this cos there's nutin sensible enough to warrant a reply in your post - you contradicted yourself bro tongue

Go home and self-service, bruv. . . . . .U have been sonned.

See Sauron having spasms of anger grin grin grin grin

Anger over what?? U need the anger management.
What we do here is the PG-version of what i argue on Sports section every matchday.
You are not fit for purpose and you are a massive failure when engaged in a rap debate.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Bamsyle(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Calling Sauron an Elf even shows how ignorant you can be. grin grin grin
Stop displaying your stupidity on this forum.

Tsk tsk. . . . .Were you raised in the gutter??

I really mean it when i use those words. You cannot argue like someone with nous.
U tend to lump everything together like a Philistine.

Anutha done deal of defeat for you.
It's an art. . . . . .There's nothing you know more than i do aside your serial wanking. grin

Go home and self-service, bruv. . . . . .U have been sonned.

Anger over what?? U need the anger management.
What we do here is the PG-version of what i argue on Sports section every matchday.
You are not fit for purpose and you are a massive failure in when engaged in a rap debate.

'Playin' cool' won't solve yo' problem. You need help grin grin grin

Same ol' Sauron . . . self-service self-service self-service - why do you keep tellin' us what you do when you're down and out grin grin

You're so annoyed I can see the flush on yo' face grin grin grin

Canibus is no where near Nas, hit yo' face on the wall if you don't like it . . .

And there goes another "Sauron bashing" grin grin grin

@topic

I love lyrics but not the type that Canibus spits grin grin grin

*Jeez, I'm ROTFLMAO* grin grin grin
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Sauron1: 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2009
Bamsyle:

'Playin' cool' won't solve yo' problem. You need help grin grin grin
Same ol' Sauron . . . self-service self-service self-service - why do you keep tellin' us what you do when you're down and out grin grin

Thatz what you do. . . .Thatz what u sound like. Creaming your nether region to get high/
Sauron is an ELF?? U must be an illiterate. grin grin grin grin

You're so annoyed I can see the flush on yo' face grin grin grin

See ma face via the internet?? This boy is hallucinating.
Seek the help of TB Joshua.

Canibus is no where near Nas, hit yo' face on the wall if you don't like it . . .

Your moronic opinion. It does not count!!!

And there goes another "Sauron bashing" grin grin grin

Your intelligence quotient is not high enough to bash Sauron.
5000 Bamsyles can't touch ma shadow(never mind touching me).
Moral of the story: Bow down to a power greater than you.

I will now ignore your animal rants until i see signs of improvement from you.
Adios. wink
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by lalaboi(m): 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2009
Guys. . . . .Easy. . . . .It has gotten to a point where enough is enough grin

the more you guyz go on, the more job i have to do, so please . . . . .let it be. . . . angry
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Bamsyle(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thatz what you do. . . .Thatz what u sound like. Creaming your nether region to get high/
Sauron is an ELF?? U must be an illiterate. grin grin grin grin

See ma face via the internet?? This boy is hallucinating.
Seek the help of TB Joshua.

Your moronic opinion. It does not count!!!

Your intelligence quotient is not high enough to bash Sauron.
5000 Bamsyles can't touch ma shadow(never mind touching me).
Moral of the story: Bow down to a power greater than you.

I will now ignore your animal rants until i see signs of improvement from you.
Adios. wink

What's your prob with this elf thingy grin grin You wanna know what an elf is Ok, an elf is known for being mischievous . . . usually tiny, ugly and mischievous thing in 'em fairy tales . . . When two things look/behave alike, then it's natural to compare 'em to each other . . . doesn't that description fit you grin grin grin *always up to no good* grin grin Sure you never read 'em Enid Blyton books so you won't know . . . you were most prolly settin' traps back in yo' village when school was in session . . . grin grin

See your face via the net Whoever mentioned that? So, with your so-called IQ, you don't recognize when I use figurative expression You don't understand when someone says "The feeling in the air was so thick one could touch it" You must be Jenifa's beau grin grin grin

Who's interested in touchin' a failure/weirdo grin grin grin Someone whose best rapper makes him scamper to google all-a-time grin grin grin

W-E-I-R-D-O.

@Lalaboi

Keep enjoyin' yourself . . . I know you are grin grin grin
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by bouzymill(m): 12:36am On Feb 21, 2009
No beef intended @ d two parties involvd in dis heated argument, but dis one reason nigeria is nt developin. Our elders pik up a topic, they'll argue till they loose focus on d topic and as a result, come up wiv no concrete conclusions. For u 2 have valid arguments, its gd 2 let ppl know its "in my opinion" and dnt make ur subjektiv opinions sound objective; like sumone sayin nas has lost d intelligence in his ryms. None of us is an authority 2 say dis and infakt, in my opinion, dis is wrong. Nas can truly b all mouth, but he's always on point except some few joints. Canibus is anoda intelligent mc who has aggressive and violent ridden lyrics. This sets his style away 4rm nas' all-rakim style. Jack d ripper is canibus' best record but dt doesn't make it best rap record. And indeed, anyone can hav his best effort evn a fool. Alabai beta dn m9! How?
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by dyabman(m): 1:13am On Feb 21, 2009
Lyrics is better , but i see both as the same ,
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by A40(m): 6:10am On Feb 21, 2009
@Sauron
Jigga and Nas grammatically challenged? Are you kidding me? seriously this Canibus thingy is getting too far!! are you sure you are not his hypeman? mehn i wouldn't be suprised if Canibus did not understand half of what he spits hence his crappy delivery if you even want to talk about underground lyricists talk about cats like Black Thought of The Roots and not serial failures like Canibus.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by bouzymill(m): 8:59am On Feb 21, 2009
@a-40 <br> canibus is way overrated here and wen it comes 2 talkin about thought provokin ryms, blackthought kills both nas & canibus. No point in makin an mc luk god-like, vinnie and allah of mind triks beat canibus, evn 2 agresivnes on d mic.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by A40(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2009
bouzymill:

@a-40 <br> canibus is way overrated here and wen it comes 2 talkin about thought provokin ryms, blackthought kills both nas & canibus. No point in makin an mc luk god-like, vinnie and allah of mind triks beat canibus, evn 2 agresivnes on d mic.
Yeah we are on the same page on Black Thought that dude is not your average MC
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Moonstone(f): 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2009
The worst thing in the world is an ignorant man with a strong opinion.

Lyrics are definitely more important in the long run and for crying out loud, 2pac was the greatest of them all. I will always respect that guy. . . he set the pace for others to follow.
There are a lot of songs that I love seriously because of the lyrics. When it comes to certain songs, i love them because of their beat. Lil' Wayne's 3 Peat was crazy enough to make me go crazy. Guys like Jay-Z and Nas have really conveyed a lot by their lyrics. . . and that is the respect sets Jay-Z and his counterpart apart from the other wannabe rappers in the industry.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by bouzymill(m): 4:35am On Feb 22, 2009
@eldee <br> i was waitin 4 sumone 2 let u knw dat rap is not just music, it is POETRY. Whicheva way u want 2 luk @ it. It is one of the forms of african american literature wiv other forms like oratory, sermon. etc. Talkin about lyrics and rythm is like talkin about content and form of a literary work; they work hand in hand. Though, sum genres like pop and 'tungba' fuji stress d rythm dn d lyrics. In spoken word, real hiphop and classical fuji, ur lyrics nids 2 b workd on thoroughly, and even at dat u need 2 work on rhythm, it is ur style. It is wat seperates m9 and m.i. It is wat makes blakthought and wale sound almost d same. It is wat makes 'tekzilla' of d str8 butta 2 say 'its all in d game, we can write 2geda but neva spit d same'
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Bamsyle(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2009
bouzymill:

. . . like sumone sayin nas has lost d intelligence in his ryms. None of us is an authority 2 say dis and infakt, in my opinion, dis is wrong. Nas can truly b all mouth, but he's always on point except some few joints. Canibus is anoda intelligent mc who has aggressive and violent ridden lyrics. This sets his style away 4rm nas' all-rakim style. Jack d ripper is canibus' best record but dt doesn't make it best rap record. And indeed, anyone can hav his best effort evn a fool. Alabai beta dn m9! How?

Exactly what I was trying to tell the mentally-challenged slowpoke. Nas' songs are not for vagrants like him. And yes, an idiot can have a best album. Nas > Canibus.

A-40:

@Sauron
Jigga and Nas grammatically challenged? Are you kidding me? seriously this Canibus thingy is getting too far!! are you sure you are not his hypeman? mehn i wouldn't be suprised if Canibus did not understand half of what he spits hence his crappy delivery if you even want to talk about underground lyricists talk about cats like Black Thought of The Roots and not serial failures like Canibus.

You have spoken the gospel truth. Canibus just spits grammatical nonsense that makes sense only to imbeciles. Talkin' bout lyrics, Black Thought is a genius.

bouzymill:

@a-40 <br> canibus is way overrated. No point in makin an mc luk god-like, vinnie and allah of mind triks beat canibus, evn 2 agresivnes on d mic.

Another gospel truth. But don't be surprised at the way some peops argue - they just want to prove a point that no one believes in just to go against the grain or sumn. I don't buy that . . . Like begets like. Only failures associate with failures grin

Moonstone:

The worst thing in the world is an ignorant man with a strong opinion.
Lyrics are definitely more important in the long run and for crying out loud, 2pac was the greatest of them all. I will always respect that guy. . . he set the pace for others to follow.
Guys like Jay-Z and Nas have really conveyed a lot by their lyrics. . .

You're so on point.

2pac was an icon . . . I'll maintain that even if a million morons say he's overrated . . . no big grammar, no high-sounding words . . . simple yet deep enough lyrics that move hearts and the world . . . Nas also consistently rips it . . . I see more of punchlines from Jay-Z (I like him for that) . . . only an slowpoke would say Pac, Nas and 'em greats in that category ain't good enough cheesy
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by ibrahim007: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2009
Pally u r very right,naija peeps listen to rhythm instead of the lyrics n i fink dats y our youths today r not d type dat finks.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by smurf1(f): 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2009
To be quite frank, its the rhythm or the beats of the song that tend to be catchy to me, and then i go and listen to the lyrics, and if they are all that and then some, i totally fall in love wiff the music itself as a whole, both componenets make up MUSIC!!!
Shouts out to all the great lyricist out there for doing what they do and doing it well too!! wink cool cool
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by chic2pimp(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2009
Bamsyle:

2pac was an icon . . . I'll maintain that even if a million morons say he's overrated . . . no big grammar, no high-sounding words . . . simple yet deep enough lyrics that move hearts and the world . . . Nas also consistently rips it . . . I see more of punchlines from Jay-Z (I like him for that) . . . only an slowpoke would say Pac, Nas and 'em greats in that category ain't good enough cheesy
I give 10 stars for that comment. Pac was and is still KING

@TOPIC
I have to say both. 50 - 50. For example a beat might first draw me close to a song,but for me to listen to it regularly,the lyrics has got to be good.

Canibus is good but certainly not the best. All of his big big words means nada to me. I'll pick pac over him everyday of the week. His lyrics are deep,precise and straight to the point.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by Ezikiel(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2009
You cannot get a good rhythm without a good lyrics. Just take a minute successful singers from the Creation of music till now; though they may have good lyrics, they made their way by their lyrics. Thats my candid opinion cool
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by osasp(m): 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2009
this is what it is

nas is a rap God but financially, he is nowhere near Ferrari F

on d flip side fif is rich but nothin compared 2 nas lyrically. . .get it?
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by mailmalc(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2009
They r both important bt IMO rhythm hs an edge over lyrics. Lyrics don't rily make a song 'dat' appealing to listeners the way rhythm does.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by chippoc(m): 10:50am On Sep 28, 2009
mailmalc:

They r both important bt IMO rhythm hs an edge over lyrics. Lyrics don't rily make a song 'dat' appealing to listeners the way rhythm does.

word! if the rythm is not good, nobody will be attracted to the song. u need to have a good rythm before people will be interested in listening to what u saying.
that's what's killing mode.even the big words are not well conveyed.i wonder if he understands them also.
Re: Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important? by DBR: 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSNWeMqdEm0&feature=related
Go tru 1-10, They dont come this real no more!sad
also check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqrjLRHVsuA&NR=1
Tupac the realest.
oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

P -square New Video And Song Really Hot / Olamide - Wavy Level (Video) / Jim Iyke Ft 2face - Who Am I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.