Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (33806 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / Why Do Married Folk See A Pastor For Every Little Disagreement? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2006
Could you explain further pls. I need to know what am gettin into.

[But the truth must be told; its either your going to forsake your beliefs and join him or he comes and join you which I doubt. The divide between catholism and pentecostalism in Nigeria goes deep./quote] cool
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2006
You exactly got and confirmed my point there. Your church is raising a lot of issue. The pentecostal church f.ucked us. Don't allow that or your man who is going to suffer. That's a fact.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2006
But yours wld have been much easier cos she's catholic and she'd come to ur church after the wedding. But mine, am leaving to the catholic.

I just tire abeg.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2006
She was pentecostal, I am catholic. The pentecostal church did not like that
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2006
Na wao, just like me.

But was the catholic church alright with u marrying a pentecostal undecided
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2006
No problem. But pentecostal church has lot of regulations of where my family church allegiance should be, how to raise my kids. Basically I said F.UCK OFF.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2006
She cried all the time as pentecostals were making it very difficult for her when she goes to church. That's another thing.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2006
Explain please.

[ But pentecostal church has lot of regulations of where my family church allegiance should be, how to raise my kids. Basically I said F.UCK OFF./quote]
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2006
Basically they never wanted her to question authority, their aurthority that is, of the church leaders and they tried that game with me too.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2006
hmmm, i'm sorry but i'm sooooooo lost!
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2006
what are you lost about
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2006
the church is now become something else more like a secret cult. so many regulations; the good thing is that my family is very liberal and encourages a lot of intellectual discourse. Check out this regulation that if you see a girl you will like to marry; you should tell either of the pastors before approaching the girl (You don't even know if she will say yes). The church agrued that it may be that she is engaged to another guy to which you may become a distraction (they assume that the girl is from the same church).

It sounded so unreal to me that i have made up my mind to marry from outside the church and to only perform court and traditional ceremonies. I know of a pentecostal church here in PH that allowed a member of theirs to marry a catholic who they claimed was born again in her church since she will be attending the man's church. Everyone was very amazed at the pastors decision cos it is like 1 in 5000. In Nigeria by the way it is the "in thing" to be labelled "born again" yet the nation is still the most corrupt in the world.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2006
Yeah, that the word, born again. She wanted to know I must be born again and have all the answers and be sure. Who can do that.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2006
I have no concept of born again. Either you are christian or you are not. I don't feel I have to show to everybody in her church that I am filled with the spirit and start shouting and jumping and doing these like that. If I want excitment I'll go to the circus. And I do not need anyone to do prophecies of where my relationship will go.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2006
Hey Chrisd, I've gat a feelin you are being Bias and you really didnt love this girl otherwise you both would have been able to work things out. If you had this challenge and ran away. Then perhaps you guys werent meant to be.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2006
And she wanted me to become a priest too. Hey, the church kicked her out from leading a home group just because she was seeing me. Yep, I am very biased.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2006
Chrisd, wat church do u attend?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2006
Anglican, why?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2006
was just trying to find out how u could b a priest n still get married..but it's aiight now!
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2006
he's not catholic
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2006
The thing is I don't want to. And of course I had to be pentecostal, pentecostal kids, pentecostal home cell leader and very godly too. In other words, do as I say. YES SIR angry
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2006
I am catholic, but I live in the UK. That's the problem
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2006
you confuse me Chrisd, u just said u were Anglican, now u say u're Catholic. which are you?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2006
@ Eddytells, were you talkin to me?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2006
I am Italian, catholic. When I arrived in the UK two years ago I found myself in the midst of 500 christian denominations. Since the catholic church is not very prominant here I had a look at other churches. Most of the country is protestant. In the end an anglican church proposed I lead its youth group and am allowed to say what I want. My ideas on the youth program have been endorsed by the high anglican church. Does it make sense now.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2006
I thot the Catholic church was dominant in Italy, most Italians i know are Catholic...i'm not too sure if i understand you, but it's aiight.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2006
True, basically all roman catholic but not in LONDON. I am not in Italy anymore so I have to be used to the churches around here I suppose
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2006
so you're sayin there isn't any catholic church around you?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2006
They are really a very small minority here. And won't get to do much compared to Italy. Small congregations and after services they all head home. So I chose an Anglican one which respects me but does also work for youths which I can lead. What you think?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Scorpio(f): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2006
No qualms with that, it sounds like you're into youth work n community service, dat's cool.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2006
Yep, the anglican church lets me do that. Not much youth work in catholic churchs here.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Ace4faith: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2006
Hi everyone, I want in on this discussion - I'm totally in love with a guy who is secretly going to the Catholic church. We are both elders in our pentecostal church. He is a Spirit-filled Christian man. We're considering marriage, but I'm worried about this. What do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives His Wife ₦55M As Birthday Present / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / Spirit Boyfriend/Girlfriend & Husband/Wife: How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.