Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (33803 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / Why Do Married Folk See A Pastor For Every Little Disagreement? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2006
Depends why does he go to catholic church. What does he like about it?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Ace4faith: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2006
I think he likes the solemn worship, praying to the saints, worshipping mary, and he thinks it's really his religion because that's how he grew up.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2006
They don't worship Mary.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2006
You don't like solemn worship? I mean if he feels closer to god like that sometimes, is it fruitful to stop him just to look right?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2006
It depends what happens when you marry. Who is going to control the family, your family, the church, or you and your spouse. Because if he comes last, leave him alone.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by IAH(f): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2006
All these talks about Pentecostals not wanting to marry Catholics. Do Pentecostals really despise Catholics that much? I am (or supposed to be) a Catholic and I've never dated a Catholic before...which means I'm not likely to get married to a Catholic. So my future partner's family will drive me away because I'm a Catholic? That would be so wrong! angry sad shocked
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2006
I experienced that in LONDON. My lady was pentecostal and they kicked her out of leading a church prayer group because I'm Catholic. Never happened in my church concerning her though. But some people here say pentecostal churches are not all the same.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2006
its not that pentecostals don't want to marry catholics but the pentecostal churches have created so many barriers. Its not easy now for pentecostal from church A to marry another pentecostal from church B talk less of catholics but again there are some minute exceptions.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 10:29am On Jan 10, 2006
You amaze me. That's why the pastor was talking of only one church. Actually it was his church. Don't know why they do that.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2006
So you find the same problem otokx?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2006
yes; but it will soon cease to be a problem cos the world is about to end.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2006
How is that?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2006
In summary, the idea is to give all of the information to help others to judge the value of your contribution; not just the information that leads to judgement in one particular direction or another. That's only my opinion.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2006
the whole earth is being filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. People are reading their bibles all over again to find out if what is being preached by our men of God is really what it is. The unfruitful works of the evil one is clearly being made manifest hence I say it will soon be a thing of the past. Neither in Jerusalem or in Samaria or in the pentecostal or catholic should any one worship but in spirit and in truth.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2006
So I suppose, that does not go well with your pentecostal church then
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2006
I agree with you, seems more like a big entertainment thing
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2006
yeah, some people even carry the dance steps that they rock in da clubs and bring em to some churches causing one to wonder.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2006
Sometimes I think that God is not interested in our convictions but in our attitudes. They have their good though. Not all are the same. I went to a charismatic group in Italy which was quite nice, I got closer to God in a different way than what I am used too and it still worked out ok
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2006
Has any anyone heard of where the catholic church prevented their member from marrying someone from a protestant church? What were the main disagreements?
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Ace4faith: 5:32am On Jan 12, 2006
I get the impression that if I married my Catholic BF in the Pentecostal Church, it wouldn't be as valid or something. He asked me if I would then go to the Catholic church to have it blessed or solemnized if we had a marriage outside the catholic church.

I had to ask him - why would we need to go to the catholic church? isn't God in the pentecostal church? ... he didn't answer.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 9:00am On Jan 12, 2006
Na wao!

Too much issues in this life.  When we get to see God, will he be asking what denomination we belonged to

@Ace4faith, Can you settle down with a catholic Going to bless or soleminize the marriage in the catholic church is not the issue but will you be willing to continue worship in the catholic church after the marriage

Answer .............
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 9:13am On Jan 12, 2006
Its vice versa actually. Three years ago i feel inlove with a catholic, after 2 years of r/ship, i got "sorry my family said i cant marry you cos your not catholic" . Prior to this time i never saw any difference in the denomination but this incident opened my mind to be bias abt catholic...............................................years later, am inlove with another catholic.....................

[All these talks about Pentecostals not wanting to marry Catholics. Do Pentecostals really despise Catholics that much? /quote]
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by otokx(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2006
you just brought out another important angle which is parental consent.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 10:40am On Jan 12, 2006
JINX

[years later, am inlove with another catholic...................../quote]
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2006
The heart feels what it feels angry

I can't control who i love angry
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 10:02am On Jan 13, 2006
I know. But how different is this guy from the previous guy.
All am saying is becareful so you don't get hurt again [i][that is assuming you were hurt before/i]

Eddy Tells it as it is
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2006
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry :'
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by alheri(f): 11:17am On Jan 13, 2006
lioness:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry :'

oh my dear, dont cry. God will sort you out.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 11:29am On Jan 13, 2006
So you think that's because he was Catholic. I tell you, my lady was pentecostal and I got hurt too. It's all in the heart really, not which church you go to.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by lioness(f): 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2006
@chrisd, i think you've got a point. Its just the person not the church. But you do have to agree though that the church usually has some level of influence on a person.

@  alheri, thanks a bunch. 

tongue@Eddy Tells ........ for making me cry
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by chrisd(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2006
Correct me if I am wrong
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by EddyTells(m): 2:17pm On Jan 13, 2006
Lioness, Am soooorrrrrryyyyyy. I did not mean to make you cry. Honestly i didnt.

Just want whats best for ya grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spirit Boyfriend/Girlfriend & Husband/Wife: How True? / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives His Wife ₦55M As Birthday Present / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.