Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (33805 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / Why Do Married Folk See A Pastor For Every Little Disagreement? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by afiq(m): 2:11pm On May 22, 2010
WELL SAID @ lady - hands down smiley
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by ttalks(m): 12:00pm On May 23, 2010
The major reason why there are issues whenever a catholic and a non-catholic(basic christian,pentecostal,anglican,baptist,etc. . .) want to get married is because of how  2corinthians 6:14-18 is interpreted by different people.

And maybe also Amos 3:3

2Corinthians 6:14-18
(14)  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
(15)  And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
(16)  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(17)  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
(18)  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Amos 3:3
(3)  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

In reference to 2Corinthians above, unbelievers are people who do not acknowledge or believe in Jesus Christ; that do not believe he died for the sins of mankind to bring salvation to all.

But believers are those who believe in Jesus Christ and acknowledge the fact that he died for the sins of mankind.

Catholics believe this,pentecostals believe this,baptists believe this;. . . most christian denominations believe this and that is what makes them believers.
The fact that they are broken up into different sects/denominations/doctrinal differences is as a result of different approaches to understanding the word of God; but that does not rub them off from the fact that they are all believers as they all have the common denominator of belief in Christ.
For example,myself, Zikky, Kunleoshob,Enigma,nuclearboy,etc do get at loggerheads with people like Joagbaje,Tonye-T,Olaadegbu,image123 over some differences in our approach towards our faith in Christ; but we(i.e. the former group[ttalks,zikky,kunle,nuclear])  do not consider them(ie. the latter group[joagbaje,tonye,Olaadegbu,image]) to be unbelievers.
We consider them to be believers since we all believe in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for us.  grin

Now the question is: How can Christians of different doctrinal approaches to worshipping God have a marriage that wouldn't be rocky?
One straight answer(although not the main one  grin ): Which marriage doesn't go through rocky situations at one point or the other?!

Anyway, the question leads us to Amos 3:3 as posted above.
Before people can decide to get married, they must conciously and unconciously agree about certain things in their lives, don't they?!
Well, this is the case even within couples of the same doctrinal approaches. So should it be with couples of different doctrinal approaches towards God.

As long as a couple who have doctrinal differences in their approach towards God can reach an agreement on how they can live peacably with each others' differences, then they can walk together(they can marry). it is all a matter of reaching an agreement.
That is the point in Amos 3:3; as long as there is agreement, things can happen wonderfully.

Definitely,in one way or another, the agreement could be broken one way or another by one party or the other in the marriage as time goes on and could lead to problems. But that is where love plays a major role; it would lead the offending party to remember the agreement they both had and make amends so as to return to be operating under the agreement and the promotion of peace.

It is just like our relationship with God; we are under an agreement(the new covenant) with God.But once in a while, we do step out of line(breaking the agreement in some way or the other) but we do find our way back to peace with God by making amends and seeking forgiveness and repenting.
And thus putting ourselves back within the confines of the agreement and benefitting from it.

It is only when an agreement cannot be reached that marriage between such couples cannot take place.
Ofcourse, . . . . who gets married when there is no agreement in the first place?  undecided

There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to issues of marriage; the outcome is always determined by the couple(those involved in it).
That's the way I see this issue.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by pinklady40: 10:02am On Oct 25, 2010
right now i am facing the same problem i am a pentecostal and my guy is a catholic he has made it clear he needs me to convert to catholic just confussed .
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by TheClown: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2010
@pinklady4o
I was faced with the same problem too. The girl I really love with all my heart and who loves me as much was refused marriage to me by her parents because I was a Catholic. I advice you to start attending catholic functions, open your mind so as to be able to give a fair appraisal of whether you would be able to function well spiritually in the catholic church or not. If you discover that you can't, better call it quit or make him understand and ask him to take you as you are. If on the contrary you feel you can function well, then go ahead with it.

If you eventually become a catholic, i advice you join the Catholic charismatic renewal immediately, that would help you alot.

I wish you good luck.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by pinklady40: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ Clown you are right it is really heart broken but at the end of the day we are all worshiping one God but all the same thanks for Ur suggestion i will look for a catholic charismatic church.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by TheClown: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2010
The Catholic Charismatic Renewal is not a church but a group within the Catholic Church. If your guy is not a member, you can persuade him to join, in that way, you two would work on the same spiritual plane.

Goodluck.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by pinklady40: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2010
@clown Thanks for letting me know is just a group and not a church.
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by reXanation: 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2011
[b]

Catholics put people DOWN,  mock them, call them crude, diatribe, schizophrenic.

Catholic do every single trick in the BOOK, to divert, TWIST & lie To deceive *&  ignore the facts , 

The fact is

There has not been a SINGLE  Non~Catholic Saint , Since the very BEGINNING  of Catholicsims invention ,
NOT EVEN~~~  1.

NOT a single person has been ACCEPTED nor ADMITED into ROMES   Roman~tic heaven

Catholic popes & priests have told YOU  eXactly,  WHY,

'Heretics (those who are NOT MEMBERS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH or who DO NOT HOLD TO CATHOLIC DOCTRINE) worship a GOD WHO IS A LIAR, & a CHRIST WHO IS A LIAR.'

St. Augustine, (quoted in 'Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graca', by Fr. J. P. Migne, Paris: 1866, 42:207).

~~~~~~~~~IF U AIN'T CATHOLIC-----  U AINT EVEN ,   serving ,   JESUS / GOD ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, Jews or heretics CANNOT SHARE IN ETERNAL life & will GO INTO THE EVERLASTING FIRE which was prepared for the devil & his angels, UNLESS THEY ARE JOINED TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Pope Eugenius I've, in 'Bull of Union with the Copts', Council of Florence, Session 11, on February 4, 1442.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~IF U AINT CATHOLIC-----  U AINT IN HEAVEN~~~~~~~

MISGUIDED PEOPLE attempt TO PERSUADE themselves & others THAT MEN ARE NOT SAVED ONLY IN THE CATHOLIC RELIGION, but that even heretics may attain eternal life.'

Pope Gregory XVI, Summo Iugiter Studio (On Mixed Marriages), Encyclical promulgated on May 27, 1832, #2.

~~~~~~~~~IF U AINT CATHOLIC-----  U AINT IN HEAVEN~~~~~~~~~~~

'HERETICS do NOT have THE SAME GOD, the SAME CHRIST as CATHOLICS.'

Tertullian: (Patrolo-giae Cursus Completus: Series Graca, Fr. J. P. Migne, Paris: 1866, 1:1216)

~~~~~~~~~IF U AIN'T CATHOLIC-----  U AINT EVEN ,   serving ,   JESUS / GOD ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- HERETICS are to be CLASSED with THIEVES and MURDERERS. ( Pope Innocent I've

'Ad Extirpanda,' cf. ISABELLA OF SPAIN, Dr. Wm. Thos. Walsh, London: Sheed & Ward, 1935, p.239)

'HE WHO HAS NOT the CHURCH for his Mother CANNOT have GOD as his FATHER.'

St. Cyprian: (Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graca, Fr. J. P. Migne, Paris: 1866, 4:502)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It is necessary to salvation that every man should submit to the Pope.” (Boniface VIII Unum Sanctum, 1303.)

~~~~~~So we see in  REALITY
WHAT CATHOLICS REALLY  really   teach &   LIVE & PRACTICE  is that ~~~

******~~~~~~If u aint  A CATHOLIC,   u AINT GONNA  BE  in Heaven

&  u aint  GONNA EVER,   NEVER,  NEVER  ever  EVER  be  considered  a saint

tHATS Y there are no non catholic saints,    NON  CATHOLIC ARE NOT  in heaven, ,.,,,,,

catholics are double talking & they obviously dont mind lying

ACCUSING others of doing & being  ,  eXactly  what they  THEMSELVES  are  & the very  crude, diatribe & schizophrenic things that They DO

it is so sad

****************************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALL HERETICS, are assuredly to BE PUNISHED with suitable penalties OVER & ABOVE the PENALTIES imposed At the council of Ferrara*, ALL HERETICS, together TO receive their DESERVED PINISHMENT with Korah, & Dathan &, '… note ~~~{ THESE GUYS were swallowed alive up in a pit & died }

Pope Eugenius I've, in Decree of the Council of Florence Against the Synod at Basel, Council of Florence, Session 7, on September 4, 1439.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(* The Penalties of expelling HERETICS who have not left the city within the said thirty days ARE TO BE EJECTED OUT OF THE CITY,  DENIED them all COMMERCE & all articles NEEDED FOR HUMAN USE,

, If there are SOME WHO IGNORE these ORDERS of ours, DARING perhaps TO CONVEY ………, since it is written that THE RIGHTEOUS PLUNDERED THE UNGODLY, such persons may be DESPOILED without penalty by any of the faithful & tHEIR GOODS SHALL BE CEDED TO THE FIRST TAKERS.

'Pope Eugenius I've, in Ecclesiastical Penalties Against Members of the Basel Synod, Council of Ferrara, Session 31, February 15, 1438.

', schismatics, blasphemers & as HERETICS, to BE PUNISHED as TRAITORS, & to have incurred the aforesaid censures & PENALTIES, & others TO BE INFLICTED, according as it shall seem good & justice shall persuade, '

Pope Eugenius I've, in Monition of the Council of Florence Against the Antipope Felix V, Session 9, on March 23, 1440.

'Heretics bring SENTENCE upon themselves since they by their own choice WITHDRAW from the CHURCH, a withdrawal which, since they are aware of it, constitutes DAMNATION.'

St. Jerome: 'Commentary on Titus 3:10–11.'

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SECOND EDITION # 841,  'The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the creator, ,.IN THE FIRST PLACE amongst whom ARE '''THE MUSLIMS;, 

, MUSLIMS; profess to hold the faith of abraham, & together WITH US [CATHOLICS], THEY ADORE the ONE, merciful GOD,

, thats why the pope can kiss and stroke & BOW DOWN TO the unholy quran

Popes claim in catholic catechism 2 N.D. Editiion. # 841 that''

muslims;, these profess to hold the faith of abraham, and together with us [catholics], they adore the one, merciful god, mankind's judge on the last day

MAY 1985 SATANS POPE John Paul II repeats ROMES DECLARATION TO AUDIENCE OF THOUSANDS

THE POPE said: “CATHOLICS Muslims, WE have MANY THINGS IN COMMON as BELIEVERS and as human beings, WE BELIEVE IN THE SAME GOD

http://www.letusreason.org/RC25.htm & http://focusonjerusalem.com/tiesthatbind.html
,,,THE CATHOLIC GOD IS THE MUSLIM GOD

THATS WHY YOUR POPE CAN KISS & STROKE AND BOW TO THE UNHOLY QURAN

http://images.google.com/images?q=photos%20%20of%20pope%20kissing%20quran&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

The catholic sect….Damns….and condemns…the BIBLE BELEIVER / non catholic Christ ian…… as LOST. Headed for hell…

The catholic sect….Damns….and condemns…the BIBLE BELEIVER / non catholic Christ ian…… ~~~as DESERVING of whatever punishment the POPES can manipulate their frenzied mobs of Catholics to perform…~~~at whatever point or bowel of history at any given time…possible.

The catholic sect….Damns….and condemns…the BIBLE BELEIVER / non catholic Christ ian…… as serving ANOTHER EVIL JESUS….

Rome SAYS

'Heretics / NOT MEMBERS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH …,  DO NOT HOLD TO CATHOLIC DOCTRINE) & worship a GOD WHO IS A LIAR, & CHRIST WHO IS A LIAR.'

BUT Muslims & ISLAM //OOH they ALL SERVE OUR GOD…, and we Kiss and BOW down to their QURAN
*& service ALLAH

THIS IS ROMES …ATTACK ON THE BIBLE AND ITS believers,,, [ CHRISTS CHURCH ‘ ]]] contradiction,,,IS,,manifested.

This is why Catholics  may never  EVER  mary  a  Pentecostal.[/b]
[/color]
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 23, 2011
Little boy: “Are you a Catholic, a Pentecostal or a Presbyterian?”

Little girl: “None of the above. We belong to a different abomination.”
Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by Ivynwa(f): 11:58pm On May 06, 2011
Don't let that bother you dear. Worshipping in some good pentecostal churches is a wonderful experience just like it is in Catholic church, I roll with the two and believe me I am having fun with God.
I gravitate more to any religious gathering that gives me the freedom to worship, lift holy hands , bless the Lord unashamedly and if you add sweet inspiring songs that connects me to God real good then imma return the next day for another praise and worship session.
Do you think that God worries and bothers whether you worship him from a catholic or from a pentecostal church ? Mttcheew, just give him some sweet praises and worship, communicate with him from the depth of your heart in spirit and in truth and Baba God is chilling and smiling.
grin kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? by christswill: 5:11am On Dec 04, 2013
Y mi??
What I think about the marriages is that we should marry
a christian..bcoz God sees the heart of a man..I can't say
what we follow is pleased by our lord..marry a guy who
loves jesus from the core of heart..then only he'll be
able to love u.nd other religions don't know jesus so
marrying a Catholic doesn't matter.. smileyI only have to say
follow nd love christ..nd he'll lead u..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives His Wife ₦55M As Birthday Present / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / Spirit Boyfriend/Girlfriend & Husband/Wife: How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.