Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food (28754 Views)

My Wife Has Given Me Days To Come For Sex Every Week / This Man Almost Blind His Wife Just Because She Greet Her Pastor. (photo) / See How This Kid Greet Her Daddy On Father's Day(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by cococandy(f): 5:40pm On May 03, 2015
What is this one saying?
Majority of Igbo men respect their wives.
Bark ko.
Chinom:
Mandatory ? ! Hell no. Some women will look at you in a strange if you even say ' Thank you' after each meal. Some African women are even embarrassed to hear it from their husband. In all my years growing up at home, I've never heard my dad say thank you After meals. On the contrary, he will bark that the plates should be removed. However, my mom cooks the food, but does not serve it. The maid serves it.

I am sure most Igbo wives can relate to this. Many Igbo men still live like Okonkwo in " Things fall apart". Very few say thank you to their wives after serving them food. Many wives feel uncomfortable to even hear that 'thank you' that they don't really know how to respond.

I don't think many African men say thank you to their wives for cooking for them. It is not expected. You can always thank your wife in many other ways.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by MrPENN: 6:00pm On May 03, 2015
courtesy demands dat, nt mandatory at op
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by hermesprogidy(m): 6:18pm On May 03, 2015
does she thank you after fucking her? does she thank you for being a good husband/ father? my point is your wife has no right to demand for such. it should come voluntarily or is she a bad cook?
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by hermesprogidy(m): 6:29pm On May 03, 2015
Adufetohposh:
OP plz answer this man...

I hate it when someone attach unnecessary importance to flimsy things. I wonder why ur wife will be demanding for Thank you after cooking for u, Are u not her husband? Some people sure love to take credit for all acts of kindness, while some won't even want u to thank them @ all, just be a good man in all ways that's what counts.

I pray u dnt lose ur job oh, this wife of urs will tell u to worship the ground she threads on.
Amen!!!! and amen!!!! to that prayer. You only know the true side of women if you stop making an income. Women are like fire. Good servants, terrible masters.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by JoeCutie(m): 7:01pm On May 03, 2015
braine:
Its actually ungrateful of you not to atleast thank her. You think its easy to cook? I'm sure you're not used to that too. You should thank her for every single thing she does for you, to show a sign of appreciation! Plus, she may be your wife but that doesn't make her your slave.
You may have gathered enough likes and shares which you so desire, but I'm sorry to burst your bubble this way.

It's NOT mandatory to greet your wife after meal. Let's get something straight here... Courtesy demands that you greet whoever is on the table with you after each meal including your wife; but then it should be reciprocal. There are things we do without making stories out of them.

Okay, if you should (or must) greet your wife because she cooked, what about you that provided the food cooked? Oh, you don't think the man deserves even more greetings from the wife? I know why... Because it's his "duty" to provide for the family, right? Bullshit! I've heard that before. Don't you think it's also the "duty" of the wife to cook? My brother, it's one of the primary duties of a wife to give food to her husband in so far as the man provides the money.

Whatever happened to the very simple, courteous, lovely and romantic gesture, "thank you, honey" from the both parties? These are simple romantic things a married couple should do without making a case out of it. They are called "the little things that matter".

Slave or no slave, the wife has the responsibility of cooking for her husband and children.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by PastorOla1: 7:04pm On May 03, 2015
YES, I DO IT EVERYDAY.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by evea: 7:13pm On May 03, 2015
bankai2015:
the most useless comment i don ever read, our mother of those days were dey cook like mad, them get cancer? very demonic thinking you have

it shows u don't study or mk research. I have done a lot of research on it as a Doctor and please think +ve. women faces hazard in health and body. OK, give it a try 10times and b in the kitchen and let ur wife don't say thanks. come back and tell us how you feel.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by golddeejay(m): 7:15pm On May 03, 2015
Saying thank u is good. But saying it everytime she serves u makes it a ritual. It will even lose it meaning.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Vision4God: 7:19pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

I said okay, just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be keep up greeting her each time she gives me food.

It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me, although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she reminds me of this greeting of a thing gets me angry, as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we've had issues because of it.

So daddies and mummies in the house, do you greet your wife after she has given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun?

Please let me remind you that this is not the issue of been a breadwinner or not. I beg you to forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian.

Thanks in advance.

I grew up in a family where we thank each oda 4 every little thing u do.
To God b d glory, my spouse also grew up in such home. Appreciation is sumtn we xhibit most atymes unconsciously.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by OCHOdee(f): 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
Wedon:

Please what's the big deal

When someone serves you a meal, you should say 'thank you' . . . Be it your wife at home, waiter in a restaurant or even your cook. It's common courtesy for God's sakes.

And yes, my husband thanks me. Not necessarily out of 'respect' but out of courtesy.

You just spoke my mind. What's the big deal? I also thank the people that serve my food outside. So, I ask again, what's the big deal
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Starieangel(f): 7:29pm On May 03, 2015
It shudnt b a demand.....my husband naturally says thank you....I feel it shudnt b a force....bt husbands shud try saying it.....aPpreciation goes a long way ooo......seems little bt it means a lot to us...well I no carry am for head lyk gala seller sha!entitled to my opinion sha!

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by noholdsbarred(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2015
Does she also thank you for providing the money for the food? It's nice to say 'thank you' to her after a meal and since she's insisting, she also has to say 'thank you' for playing your part providing for the food.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ewizard1: 8:17pm On May 03, 2015
When some people dashes out "Thank yous" because someone accepted their Facebook friend request...

Na to tell your own wife go come hard?

Abeg talk that thing jooor...

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by tunde1200(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2015
little thank you goes along way and lets appreciates each other every day.
but my own i do use to say thank you but not every time to my wife.
and if you go to bed with your wife does she say thanks to you too?.
there is nothing hard in cooking you to learn how to cook.
my mum thought me how to cook very well no woman fit do shakara for me in that area.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ElDeeVee(m): 10:08pm On May 03, 2015
braine:
Its actually ungrateful of you not to atleast thank her. You think its easy to cook? I'm sure you're not used to that too. You should thank her for every single thing she does for you, to show a sign of appreciation! Plus, she may be your wife but that doesn't make her your slave.
Trash....wat happens 2 d exorbitant dowry?
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Bluffly: 12:01am On May 04, 2015
braine:
Do not make an unnessary case for the guy. Does she also thank him for everything he does for her. Is he a slave. Must we always create some unnecessary scenarios just to make someone look pitied?
Does she thank him always for changing the bulbs. Putting the car in good condition, seeing to other hardware repairs at home...
I begi, so if he does not say thank you makes the wife a slave. Rubbish.
In as much as its a courtesy, some wife will even tell you, why thanking me when I am fullfilling my part of the deal.
If not for condition wet make fish bend, all this yeye yarnings no go dey show face.
In fact I dey vex, you sabi the thing man dey do for bed take safisfy him woman? Dem they say thank you. We be slave? Nonsense
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Bluffly: 12:11am On May 04, 2015
Starieangel:
It shudnt b a demand.....my husband naturally says thank you....I feel it shudnt b a force....bt husbands shud try saying it.....aPpreciation goes a long way ooo......seems little bt it means a lot to us...well I no carry am for head lyk gala seller sha!entitled to my opinion sha!
Wifes should also try saying it for everything the husband does.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Bluffly: 12:12am On May 04, 2015
evea:

it shows u don't study or mk research. I have done a lot of research on it as a Doctor and please think +ve. women faces hazard in health and body. OK, give it a try 10times and b in the kitchen and let ur wife don't say thanks. come back and tell us how you feel.
Are they the only one exposing themselves to hazard.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by empress4u: 6:07am On May 04, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

I said okay, just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be keep up greeting her each time she gives me food.

It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me, although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she reminds me of this greeting of a thing gets me angry, as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we've had issues because of it.

So daddies and mummies in the house, do you greet your wife after she has given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun?

Please let me remind you that this is not the issue of been a breadwinner or not. I beg you to forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian.

Apreciation spices up relationship. Make it a habit to say thank you to her. Its a way of appreciating her effort and letting her know that you love her and you are proud to have her as your wife. But she ought not to make it look like you MUST do it. If she wants to correct you, it should be with love.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by rabimlomo: 6:39am On May 04, 2015
JoeCutie:
You may have gathered enough likes and shares which you so desire, but I'm sorry to burst your bubble this way.

It's NOT mandatory to greet your wife after meal. Let's get something straight here... Courtesy demands that you greet whoever is on the table with you after each meal including your wife; but then it should be reciprocal. There are things we do without making stories out of them.

Okay, if you should (or must) greet your wife because she cooked, what about you that provided the food cooked? Oh, you don't think the man deserves even more greetings from the wife? I know why... Because it's his "duty" to provide for the family, right? Bullshit! I've heard that before. Don't you think it's also the "duty" of the wife to cook? My brother, it's one of the primary duties of a wife to give food to her husband in so far as the man provides the money.

Whatever happened to the very simple, courteous, lovely and romantic gesture, "thank you, honey" from the both parties? These are simple romantic things a married couple should do without making a case out of it. They are called "the little things that matter".

Slave or no slave, the wife has the responsibility of cooking for her husband and children.

I think men apply double standard most of the time. If the woman is the breadwinner of the family and doesn't do all the house chores, including cooking, it is these same you that will claim she is proud untop of her money.

I by no means support this wife attitude of demanding to be thanked. I think it is weird actually. However, I do not believe it is the absolute right of the wife to cook and do other house chores. If she does however, she "should" be appreciated. And yes, I think it is highly essential for both parties to appreciate each others effort, irrespective of who is the breadwinner.

We live in a patriarchal society. Men are too full of themselves. I mean, I can't imaging some people even suggesting that marital intimacy is a favour the men do for their wives shocked. I hope things change soon.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by JoeCutie(m): 7:01am On May 04, 2015
rabimlomo:

I think men apply double standard most of the time. If the woman is the breadwinner of the family and doesn't do all the house chores, including cooking, it is these same you that will claim she is proud untop of her money.

I by no means support this wife attitude of demanding to be thanked. I think it is weird actually. However, I do not believe it is the absolute right of the wife to cook and do other house chores. If she does however, she "should" be appreciated. And yes, I think it is highly essential for both parties to appreciate each others effort, irrespective of who is the breadwinner.

We live in a patriarchal society. Men are too full of themselves. I mean, I can't imaging some people even suggesting that marital intimacy is a favour the men do for their wives shocked. I hope things change soon.
So... Have you said anything different from what I said?

I was very loud and clear with my point: the man should appreciate his wife as much as the wife appreciates him. It's no big deal at all.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by rabimlomo: 7:14am On May 04, 2015
JoeCutie:
So... Have you said anything different from what I said?

I was very loud and clear with my point: the man should appreciate his wife as much as the wife appreciates him. It's no big deal at all.

I said I agreed with most things you said except that part of it being the responsibility of the wife to cook. Peace.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by kingmassa(m): 7:20am On May 04, 2015
I suggest u learn to always say thank you. It must not be after meal if u remember it when the food is served or while eating jus say baby thank you for the food. If u wait till after eating something may make u forget either a phone call or TV channels or appointment etc
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by paix(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2015
If she thanks me for providing for the food, I will thank her for cooking the food. There was a time I jokingly told my wife not say 'welcome ' but say 'thank you ' when I return from work and she just laughed.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by bukatyne(f): 11:41am On May 04, 2015
JoeCutie:

It is also a husband's 'responsibility' to provide food money... I am sure the husband will be happy If the wife never says thank you after he gives her... it is his responsibility right?

It is a child's responsibility to care of the parents when they are older... I am sure the child will feel so good if the parents do not acknowledge their care... it is their responsibility, not so?
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by bukatyne(f): 11:43am On May 04, 2015
ewizard1:
When some people dashes out "Thank yous" because someone accepted their Facebook friend request...

Na to tell your own wife go come hard?

Abeg talk that thing jooor...

My hands in the air grin

Tell people thank you for accepting me
Tell people thank you for sending me requests.

It is on NL I heard it is wrong tongue
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Starieangel(f): 12:03pm On May 04, 2015
Bluffly:

Wifes should also try saying it for everything the husband does.
of course dats normal......well for me sha!
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 04, 2015
Medinat20:
Pls help me out too my fiance insists I kneel dwn and greet him everyday.. good morning good afternoon and good night..each day I do dat am his queen and d owner of his heart,anytime I dont remember he will start telling me d story of hw hes about to pay my bride price and asking me if ds is hw I will bhave wen we r married immediately I will kneel dwn apologise and correct myself..truout dat day he wunt even bother talking to me,if I ask him a que he will just b saying hmm or he nods his head..is it bcus hes in d army or its me bcus av not being married before..he knws am submissive but this issue always cause most of our misunderstandings.

Since you are comfortable with kneeling down to greet him morning, afternoon and night just try not to forget again. I wonder what he will come up with when he pays your bride price I just hope your bride price is not a hefty sum because Hmmm you may have to lie down when he is passing by once your bride price is paid.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ewizard1: 12:27pm On May 04, 2015
bukatyne:

My hands in the air grin
Tell people thank you for accepting me Tell people thank you for sending me requests.
It is on NL I heard it is wrong tongue
Ha, But you're a Lady.
Ones who do it most are Men to Ladies.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by bukatyne(f): 12:31pm On May 04, 2015
ewizard1:

Ha, But you're a Lady.

Ones who do it most are Men to Ladies.

Is it only ladies that should be courteous?

I do it to males and females
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Bluffly: 1:08pm On May 04, 2015
Starieangel:
of course dats normal......well for me sha!

You and I know it that most wives don't. You may be, but a larger proportion don't.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by wildflower22(f): 2:55pm On May 04, 2015
babyosisi:
I say thank you to my husband after a good ikwokirikwo grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Are there other people that do this

my guy says thank you after the kpekus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reasons Why Your Husband Will Be Snatched By A Mistress- Dokun Olumofin / "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men / My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.