Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food (28772 Views)

My Wife Has Given Me Days To Come For Sex Every Week / This Man Almost Blind His Wife Just Because She Greet Her Pastor. (photo) / See How This Kid Greet Her Daddy On Father's Day(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Stillfire: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ngokafor:

....Mr dear i dont get your first sentence...so because i see my husband everyday,i should gum my lips and say nothing if he gives me money,gifts or surprises me with breakfast-in-bed? sad

...thats not nice at all,but i get your drift about the op not being brought up that way,so i guess his wife should understand.

Lol, Naa that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the scenario here and that is to be expecting a thank you after dishing out food for someone I see every day of my life. Well it is courtesy to say so but it's not the world's biggest problem either. It's just not that serious, but very petty undecided. My persona does not care whether you say thank you to me after a meal or whether you greet me or not. That's just me. I do say thank you to people because it's courtesy but if you don't say thank you to me, it will not bother me. That's just my character.
I will not take it to heart if my husband forgets to say thank you after every meal.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
jaybee3:

Being her husband doesn't mean he shouldn't say thank you every now and again.
Demanding for it is outrightly wrong though
Bros calm down we are saying the same thing.

As a woman I love my man to compliment me, yes it feels good to know that my man appreciates my effort. But it's wrong to tell him to always thank me for doing my duty.

I should even pat him on d Back for eating and enjoying it, some men dnt even eat their woman's food. But that's a story for another day wink

9 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Adufetohposh:

As a woman I love my man to compliment me, yes it feels good to know that my man appreciates my effort. But it's wrong to tell him to always thank me for doing my duty.

I should even pat him on d Back for eating and enjoying it, some men dnt even eat their woman's food. But that's a story for another day wink

Lol
I love ur signature
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Stillfire: 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
njokusboy:

Failure, a wife cooking for her husband is no favour.... she is just being a wife...

Op, tell ur wife thank you after eating her delicious meal, not because, she has done you a favour, but because you appreciate her... it's courtesy...
Nd she shouldn't insist on it as though it's a right, does she thank you when you give her money for the food?
If she's the one that brings money nko, you'd not only have to thank her, you'd also need to kiss her feet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Maybe favor might not be the perfect word to use here, but I was coming from an angle that wanted to know which culture tells you not to say thank you after a meal because the poster highlighted culture as his reasons.
Is it Igbo culture, Hausa culture or Tiv culture?
Some things we summarily attribute to culture is actually one's family upbringing.
There is no way someone gives me something and I won't automatically say thank you. I believe that's a thing of upbringing not culture.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ssammy: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dera25:

Thanks a lot bt am not saying that it is not right bt making it mandatory is wht I dnt like. Remember in my passage I said I do greet sometimes just dt I dnt usually remember it
My wife cooks the food, cleans the house, wash our cloths. After eating she will even tell me thank u. I thank her too sometimes but not all the time. Well for peace to reign u can tell her THANK U FOR EVERYTHING, very soon she will get bored of hearing the it

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by write2obi(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2015
Adufetohposh:
OP plz answer this man...

I hate it when someone attach unnecessary importance to flimsy things. I wonder why ur wife will be demanding for Thank you after cooking for u, Are u not her husband? Some people sure love to take credit for all acts of kindness, while some won't even want u to thank them @ all, just be a good man in all ways that's what counts.

I pray u dnt lose ur job oh, this wife of urs will tell u to worship the ground she threads on.
1000000 likes for this comment

3 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
Stillfire:

Maybe favor might not be the perfect word to use here, but I was coming from an angle that wanted to know which culture tells you not to say thank you after a meal because the poster highlighted culture as his reasons.
Is it Igbo culture, Hausa culture or Tiv culture?
Some things we summarily attribute to culture is actually one's family upbringing.
There is no way someone gives me something and I won't automatically say thank you. I believe that's a thing of upbringing not culture.

I totally agree with you...
I only had a problem with the word "favour"
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by focus7: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
I don't like it when a spouse is arrogant and a bully irrespective of whether is the man or the wife, whatever we share in marriage should not be compulsive. If it is a must that you should greet him for taking her time to cook which ordinarily should be her obligation with pride, who greets you for taking your own time to source the income for the upkeep of the family. Abeg, me I no dey for this wife bully thing.

4 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
Go and learn basic courtesy.

You say thanks for any favor received, whether you paid for it or not.
Thank you to the fuel station attendant
thank you to that waitress
thank you to the car washer man etc.

Learn to say thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Dera25(m): 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
I have begining to enjoy this thread as I have started seeing matured contributions. That is one thing I like about nairaland it is very educative, have never spent one minute on nairaland without learning many things. I want to also use this opportunity to thank everybody that have make this thread so interesting and educative. Once again thanks and God bless you
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by klark3: 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and served me that she deserved a greeting from me. I said okay just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be maintaining to greet her each time she give me food. It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she remind me this greeting of a thing get me angry as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we had issues because of it. So dadies and mumies in the house do you greet your wife after she have given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun? Please remind you that this is not the issue of been a bread winner or not. I beg forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian. Thanks in advance
Lolzzz....

She should be d one thanking u for even eating her meal. Always know that in this section, women will always support their own, making an issue out of this bespeaks your wife is up to something, for u to open a thread on account of this shows it's somewhat serious, just watch her closely, b4 she turns u into a cook....

Men of this generation sha.... It's her duty for christ sake, so u should also tank her for breastfeeding ur baby...

ROTFL.........

5 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
Adufetohposh:

As a woman I love my man to compliment me
, yes it feels good to know that my man appreciates my effort. But it's wrong to tell him to always thank me for doing my duty.

I love your smile beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
AkinBanky:
I love your smile beautiful.
Thank you smiley

But u re not my man embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
njokusboy:

Lol
I love ur signature
wink
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Ezenwa11(m): 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
@Op be careful, marriage issues are sensitive and you have to do the needful to keep your home at peace, as you know what works for my own home may not be applicable to your home.
I'm a married man like you, I live up to my expectations to the best of my ability and I expect nothing less than that from my wife too. Should we start thanking ourselves every dime time we perform our duty as expected? No. If yes, I wonder how many thank you each of us will be receiving daily. Whenever I pay my kids school fees, give my her money for shopping, give her money to buy food stuff, etc I should be expecting thank you, isn't it? They are my duties and I must do them without expecting thank you. I am supposed to take care of my family without expecting well done from anyone because I'm not doing anybody a favour. I don't know why people are complaining when there's virtually nothing to complain about. #mythought

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by emiye(m): 2:00am On May 01, 2015
Nonsense + ingredients grin grin. Which kain yeye Oyinbo life wey no dey pay at the end we dey practice so.

@ OP, you deserve a thank you from her, anytime you devour her cooked meals with nothing left. If you refuse eating her food, no be beg she go dey beg later later grin

The moment she persisetently ask for thank u after every meal from you, I think she does not deserve a verbal thank you anylonger, the only thank you she should get , is you licking and lapping up the food with no trace on the plate

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by RoyalRoy(m): 2:51am On May 01, 2015
Obviously some peeps here believe cooking for their husband is a very big favour.
Wonderful!!!

I guess I must demand a very big thank you from my Mrs after doing the do abi?
What is good for Greece is also good for Uganda .
tongue

Na Nairaland we dey.
undecided undecided

10 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 3:03am On May 01, 2015
wow, greeting her after every meal ? dats cray cray .

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 3:10am On May 01, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and served me that she deserved a greeting from me. I said okay just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be maintaining to greet her each time she give me food. It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she remind me this greeting of a thing get me angry as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we had issues because of it. So dadies and mumies in the house do you greet your wife after she have given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun? Please remind you that this is not the issue of been a bread winner or not. I beg forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian. Thanks in advance

No, my husband doesn't say a hearty thank you after eating,he says it occasionally and I appreciate when he does but I have never and will never demand a thank you from him for cooking or serving his meal.
It's not a big deal .
For your wife to attach so much importance to this,I see bigger issues here
I am also certain she is very demanding in other areas
This almost sounds insane,a woman demanding a thank you for cooking? shocked shocked shocked
There is nothing I won't hear.
In case you are wondering,this is not normal o, have never heard this sort of thing ever in my life up till this moment and I have heard a lot of stories,this your situation is quite rare.
You must be walking on egg shells around the woman

What other rules and regulations has she given you?
If she can be this militant at home, I feel sorry for any subordinates she may have at the workplace

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 3:29am On May 01, 2015
Its just simple manners,and a way to acknowledge her
I grew up watching everyone say a big thank you to whoever prepared and served the meal,from daddy to kids.

Its not a big deal to me,however if she grew up with this.as a huge part of her life its easy to understand that she may feel unappreciated for all the effort she put into cooking and serving.

I wonder if you'll die if you say thanks darling for the wonderful food.It would also encourage the kids to say thank you as well..there's no harm in it and it's not asking for too much in my opinion.

If she's insisting,it means a huge deal to her..You can choose to indulge her or keep quarrelling.

Say thanks and with time her ears won't be seeking it out because she already knows you appreciate her without plenty words.Blow her a kiss and she will be satisfied.Rub your tummy and give her a thumbs up and you will see her smile.

Simple things

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by freecocoa(f): 5:23am On May 01, 2015
It's simple courtesy to say "thank you" but for a wife to demand it like her life depends on it, so much that she's ready to fight about it, is totally unheard of.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Ewuro4: 5:54am On May 01, 2015
was she serious about it or just joking?
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by focus7: 6:13am On May 01, 2015
Babyblues:
Its just simple manners,and a way to acknowledge her
I grew up watching everyone say a big thank you to whoever prepared and served the meal,from daddy to kids.

Its not a big deal to me,however if she grew up with this.as a huge part of her life its easy to understand that she may feel unappreciated for all the effort she put into cooking and serving.

I wonder if you'll die if you say thanks darling for the wonderful food.It would also encourage the kids to say thank you as well..there's no harm in it and it's not asking for too much in my opinion.

If she's insisting,it means a huge deal to her..You can choose to indulge her or keep quarrelling.

Say thanks and with time her ears won't be seeking it out because she already knows you appreciate her without plenty words.Blow her a kiss and she will be satisfied.Rub your tummy and give her a thumbs up and you will see her smile.

Simple things
This thread am sure is not for kids, so wait until you are married before you can make an opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 6:48am On May 01, 2015
Im surprised at some of these comments. So its now a "favour" for a woman to cook for her husband? I guess its also a "favour" that he paid her bride price, put her in HIS home rent-free, gives her money for food stuffs and other things, makes love to her, contributes to taking care of their kids (if they have any). Well, Mrs Entitled needs to also start thanking him for every big and little thing he does for her too!

She insists on the greeting. Lol. If you dont "greet" her nko? What will she do about it...pack out and go back to her parents house where she'll be greeted well for carrying out the chores? grin

Feminism, ego and unnecessary entitlement is slowly killing family life lipsrsealed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by urchbarbie(f): 7:43am On May 01, 2015
Dera25:

Bros I hail o please I mean that I was not brought up with it o. I do say thank you to anyone that do a favour to me but remembering to say it each time I ate my wife's food sometimes skipped my mind, I mean we are too used to ourselves to be observing such protocols. Am not trying to justify my action but at least such things should not be mandatory for husband and wife
just like saying tank u aint mandatory when u give her money for upkeeps. She may forget too cos ure too used to each other.
One thing dad tot me is saying tank u whenever a favor is done to u and also 'can I have? This later one is quiet difficult for me to adhere to sha coz I take ppls stuffs a lot without asking for it

2 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by urchbarbie(f): 7:46am On May 01, 2015
Ure missing d point. As for me, am not married, but when I make meals at home and no one says tank u after eating it makes me feel like am not appreciated. To me its just manners. Maybe she is trying to instill it in her husband
lolaredvelvet:
Im surprised at some of these comments. So its now a "favour" for a woman to cook for her husband? I guess its also a "favour" that he paid her bride price, put her in HIS home rent-free, gives her money for food stuffs and other things, makes love to her, contributes to taking care of their kids (if they have any). Well, Mrs Entitled needs to also start thanking him for every big and little thing he does for her too!

She insists on the greeting. Lol. If you dont "greet" her nko? What will she do about it...pack out and go back to her parents house where she'll be greeted well for carrying out the chores? grin

Feminism, ego and unnecessary entitlement is slowly killing family life lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by oloyede252(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2015
braine:
Its actually ungrateful of you not to atleast thank her. You think its easy to cook? I'm sure you're not used to that too. You should thank her for every single thing she does for you, to show a sign of appreciation! Plus, she may be your wife but that doesn't make her your slave.
you and your slave mentality
maybe he should name their child thank you.
So he can always be calling his wife MOMMY THANK YOU

6 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by write2obi(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2015
urchbarbie:
Ure missing d point. As for me, am not married, but when I make meals at home and no one says tank u after eating it makes me feel like am not appreciated. To me its just manners. Maybe she is trying to instill it in her husband

Like your house boy or something . We are talking about a husband here for goodness sake angry

3 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Ngokafor(f): 8:33am On May 01, 2015
Chillisauce:
Go and learn basic courtesy.

You say thanks for any favor received, whether you paid for it or not.
Thank you to the fuel station attendant
thank you to that waitress
thank you to the car washer man etc.

Learn to say thank you.

....u dey waste ya time sis...bushmeats no get time for that kind think jare.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by urchbarbie(f): 8:57am On May 01, 2015
House boy? How do u mean? Is he d lord and master? We learn everyday. Even children teach thier parents stuffs
write2obi:

Like your house boy or something . We are talking about a husband here for goodness sake angry

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by write2obi(m): 9:51am On May 01, 2015
urchbarbie:
House boy? How do u mean? Is he d lord and master? We learn everyday. Even children teach thier parents stuffs
He is the HEAD of the house. So u don't "instill" saying thank you into him like some child or house boy, if he is not used to saying thank you after eating the food he provided in his own house, i expect a sane woman to understand and move on and not nag.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 States Where Men Support Hitting Women Who Argue With Their Husbands - NDHS / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.