Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months (42116 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by 1dafullymade(f): 12:20pm On May 03, 2015
pak:

Wow! This is as close to genius as possible, permit me to ask what proffession are you or what course are you studying?
Your thinking and articulation is exceptional
oh dear,thank U.....
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 03, 2015
silverspringle:
please dont drag me to this to feel okay...i am not paid to lecture on religious studies. I was only trying to correct the cliam that " only sinners goes to church" not the religion Jesus practiced. Now, what happens to the sinner who repents? He stops going to church right? No sir! He continues cos the church is for everyone who tends to act like christ "christ-like" nd thats what christianity is all about. Acts 11:26,Hebrews 10:25, Matthew 18:20 nd hence "remember the sabbath day nd keep it holy. Exodus 20:8
That's what 'they' want you to believe. Why would a healthy person constantly wants to go to the hospital every 7 days ? Let me even be plain. If repentance is what you truly seek, which is gained by listening to a Preacher man called Pastor, there are over 10 channels on DSTV preaching 247, is it not more convenient, and even cheaper to stay glued to TV and watch preaching ? What's the point going to listen to someone who prolly isnt even well lettered or even smart enough to know what God is ?
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by terrymason(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2015
1dafullymade:
buh OP, permit me to ask, u hv a "BoyFriend" right?, & this ur "boyfriend", I supoz he is a christian, right?...if ur answers to d above questions are in d affirmative, den u confuse me with d "I don't want to be a part of the "hypocrite" thing going on in d church.."statement....just as ur now boyfriend,who I believe is a "christian" saw,admired,wooed u & u accepted, is the same way these other guys saw,admired(still admire),wooed(still wooing) u & is upto u to either accept or reject their advances...so whatz d news here? or are they outrightly asking u for sex?, is it now wrong for pple,irrespective of d group they belong in, to xpress themselves?is it not possible for dez guys asking u out to actually mean well & "might" respect & abide by any conditions u give...by the way,don't u think dat u and ur boyfriend are already hypocrites(that is,if u guys indulge in kissing & any other sexual acts,even if u don't indulge in s*x itself)?.........

Nawa for we women, if they "woo/pursue" us,wahala, if they don't, we start crying & going from one church/pastor to the other asking for deliverance...its well oooo

Anyways sweetie, plz don't b pissed,just appreciate dem for desiring u & politely turn dem down(so far dey ar young unmarried pple), buh if is d married ones ? my dear, u really don't need to be polite cus itz obvious what they want..

Plz keep serving d Lord in anyway u can, don't b discouraged by all d distractions plz...
BAM!!! grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Toktee(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:
As a born introvert, i decided to join the church work force six months ago to get more used to people and also to work on the shy part of me.
Two of my sisters are in the church choir and they have both gisted me of how the supposed brother and sisters of God use to continually have sex with each other cry
We are only four girls out of almost 25 guys in my subgroup and to be sincere, all these people are really nice and most times don't bother we girls too much on works to be done.
The problem now is reality is beginning to show itself as some guys in the choir have already started eyeing me, i don't mind them anyway and I guess they must have assumed me to be an easily convinced type of girl just because of the way I smile grin
One is always trying to get my attention in church while the other will not stop disturbing me on whatsaap embarassed
The same me that thought of joining the church choir is already having a rethink of going back to my former self as a bench warmer grin I seriously cannot be a part of this kind of hypocritical act going on right in the church of God. I told my boyfriend about it and it doesn't seem new or surprising to him, it's like this is now the new trend in churches.
I don't know the kind of Christian we call ourself but having sex with Co workers right in. Church is just not done, in most cases the girls are at the loosing end cos every guy in church will know how that guy slept with you and they will probably wanna get under her skirt too cry

one question for you,are you not doing what they are disturbing you for with you boyfriend,if yes,why are you complaining here,be it in choir,in the church or any where,sin is a sin.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by JudgementHammer: 12:34pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:
I told my boyfriend about it and it doesn't seem new or surprising to him
I don't know the kind of Christian we call ourselves

Op. Do you really deserve a reply? What kinda christian are you too...a choir member with a boyfriend!!!

If u could keep a boyfriend as a christian, I see no reason why u should not satisfy those guys and enjoy urself too.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Hoseaovo(m): 12:39pm On May 03, 2015
Well, its so unfortunate that we recruit workers in our churches without be sure of their genuine salvation. Even when we have doubt of the holy living of the workforce, leaders who are either afraid or carnal (that are concern with more with the physical headcount rather than ensuring that their names are actually written in the book of life) will still allow them to function with sin in their heart and hands. Well, thats the more reason why judgement must first start in the house of God.

My Sister and all please Fear God and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling everywhere and anywhere ( Church, Office, Boyfriends house, everywhere.

Philipians 2:12; Revelation 20:12

God Bless.

I'll want to use this medium to invite you to fellowship with us @ any Deeperlife Church nearest to you.

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by fynex(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:
As a born introvert, i decided to join the church work force six months ago to get more used to people and also to work on the shy part of me.
Two of my sisters are in the church choir and they have both gisted me of how the supposed brother and sisters of God use to continually have sex with each other cry
We are only four girls out of almost 25 guys in my subgroup and to be sincere, all these people are really nice and most times don't bother we girls too much on works to be done.
The problem now is reality is beginning to show itself as some guys in the choir have already started eyeing me, i don't mind them anyway and I guess they must have assumed me to be an easily convinced type of girl just because of the way I smile grin
One is always trying to get my attention in church while the other will not stop disturbing me on whatsaap embarassed
The same me that thought of joining the church choir is already having a rethink of going back to my former self as a bench warmer grin I seriously cannot be a part of this kind of hypocritical act going on right in the church of God. I told my boyfriend about it and it doesn't seem new or surprising to him, it's like this is now the new trend in churches.
I don't know the kind of Christian we call ourself but having sex with Co workers right in. Church is just not done, in most cases the girls are at the loosing end cos every guy in church will know how that guy slept with you and they will probably wanna get under her skirt too cry

What makes d gal@ d loosing end....won't the gals still knw abt d guys; abi how did u know? And dos guys u kn do it aint dy on the loosing end now;;;?
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Toktee(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:

Don't get me wrong abeg, am not a baby anymore and I know the difference between a guy that has a good intention and the one that basically needs only sex from me just to boost his ego among his peers.
These are guys that have slept with countless of girls in the church choir and other workers, what is the difference between me and these girls that will make this same guys have good intention towards me?
This isn't asking out, it is simply boosting their ego so they can go about and say 'i have slept with the new worker too'
I do have a boyfriend and theere is nothing hypocritical about that.
"guys that slept with countless girls in the church"how do you know that,? You are gossiping and listening to gossip in the church,are you in the church to worship God or to analyse people?
Now i cn c dat u ar acting based on what ur sisters told you....pls repent,u ar an unbeliever in the church,moreover,you have been sleeping with ur boyfriend,what different does that make?
Again,REPENT.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Toktee(m): 12:47pm On May 03, 2015
JudgementHammer:

Op. Do you really deserve a reply? What kinda christian are you too...a choir member with a boyfriend!!!
walahi,that girl is not a born again child of God,even the way she talk is canal.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by JudgementHammer: 12:51pm On May 03, 2015
Toktee:
walahi,that girl is not a born again child of God,even the way she talk is canal.

No mind am
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by vokalguy(m): 12:51pm On May 03, 2015
Look lets be honest, this is not new one bit... When I was in Nigeria, my mum will be asking me why I can't be like this guy or that guy but little did she know that these so called 'good boys' lived a double life... Yes they attend church service, yes they sing in choir and well they also sleep with their fellow church workers... so ain't nothing new
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by ihedioramma: 12:51pm On May 03, 2015
@op dont let that to stop you from working to GOD or living a good life. who are you self? satan try jesus at his own time .
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by otokx(m): 12:51pm On May 03, 2015
Toktee:

Story for the gods.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Xcozee(m): 12:52pm On May 03, 2015
1dafullymade:
OK dear
Those words "Ok dear"...is really a matured response...some1 else myt av thrown back harsh words on her! Lovely! QUISERA SERA

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2015
In my former church hypocrisy there naa sometin else. Its only those who get pregnant dat re demonized others who re doing abortion on regular basis re termed as angelic virgins. Even our so called cholr mistress always attends regular night vigil in her bf's house. Ours is an hypocrisy church. grin
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Ochedi(m): 1:08pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:

u're already a hipocrite for having a boyfriend who u do all ur nonsense wit...nw cos its church u tink ur case is beta. it doesn't matter where.d deal is u're guilty of same tin u're preaching against.

dis is d type dat do it outside den come to church and claim holy Mary.if u didn't at all I would have understood.

urs is worse

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by dayodare49o: 1:13pm On May 03, 2015
zeekz:
op I can't blame you, its a trend in churches this days, I'm not encouraging it but that's just d way it is.
most people join this church worker thing for certain reasons mostly d wrong ones, I was in ur shoes once but I left d church thing for a diff reason entirely.
nonetheless it should not let you get discouraged cause it seems u actually want to serve God, my advice for you is to actually continue your work (if it makes you happy), don't let wat they are doing hinder your stance but b careful cause u can fall easily especially if u don't have someone spiritually sound to back u up.
If the pressure gets too much leave the church cause it may seem like u can fight ur way thru but den u realise that there is actually no where u can go to without d help of your fellow Christian brothers and sisters.

you wear pant for eyes? where did she say she truly wants to serve God in this write up? She said she wanted to work on her introvert, she wanted to learn how to meet people, talk to people, she didn't say she becomes born again and wants to use her time for God.

She wants to use church as a place to learn about herself and mix with people... adviser go back to read and advise her again.

Those that should go and learn are now teachers.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by dayodare49o: 1:26pm On May 03, 2015
zeekz:
op I can't blame you, its a trend in churches this days, I'm not encouraging it but that's just d way it is.
most people join this church worker thing for certain reasons mostly d wrong ones, I was in ur shoes once but I left d church thing for a diff reason entirely.
nonetheless it should not let you get discouraged cause it seems u actually want to serve God, my advice for you is to actually continue your work (if it makes you happy), don't let wat they are doing hinder your stance but b careful cause u can fall easily especially if u don't have someone spiritually sound to back u up.
If the pressure gets too much leave the church cause it may seem like u can fight ur way thru but den u realise that there is actually no where u can go to without d help of your fellow Christian brothers and sisters.

She also said that two of her sisters are choir members and they have told her how they were having sex with ladies.

So she chose to go there where she heard that pricks they rain there...ha ha ha your brain dey make me ashame abeg.

She does not sound like someone who went to find God but someone who went to improve on her introvert not spirit, to meet new people not God, to learn about herself not Bible, to probably to learn about all types of pricks in brothers' boxers...shit you too poor to advise others.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by judedwriter(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2015
With the way ladies dress to church nowadays, u feel they r looking for extra attention wink when they don't get it, they catwalk to other churches looking for boyfriends, sugerdaddies, husbands ETC. Ladies sell themselves too CHEAP to guys, even in churches sad lamentable
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 03, 2015
Billyonaire:
You make it look like the church is for perfect people. The hospital is for the sick what the church is for the sinners. The reason I do not go to church is because I believe the church is for sinners who seek repentance. I am not a sinner, so I can not go to church. Have you seen a very healthy man going to stay in hospital ? No, only a mad man can do that. And so are many Christians.
lol,u made me laugh 2day.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by aijayHenry(f): 1:45pm On May 03, 2015
This. Kind of thing can never happen In my church choir (the having. Sex with ur fellow church workers), am a choirester nd for the asking out I've had that experience before in my unit but the brother wanted us to get permission from our pastor.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Ojugunrege(f): 1:54pm On May 03, 2015
Xsolutions:
Post reeks of HYPOCRISY angry
I'm out...

My brother (abi, na sister?) The matter tire me embarassed
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Gorimakpa1: 2:06pm On May 03, 2015
dayodare49o:

She also said that two of her sisters are choir members and they have told her how they were having sex with ladies.

So she chose to go there where she heard that pricks they rain there...ha ha ha your brain dey make me ashame abeg.

She does not sound like someone who went to find God but someone who went to improve on her introvert not spirit, to meet new people not God, to learn about herself not Bible, to probably to learn about all types of pricks in brothers' boxers...shit you too poor to advise others.
bro this comment na wicked one oooo.....enough to ruin her(OP) new month (May)

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by tpiadotcom: 2:11pm On May 03, 2015
All these "exposes" in every section.

They must be linked to the handover somehow.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by TommyGs(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2015
Me dear, I respect ur opinion o. It isn't hypocrisy, because u have a bf. It's just absurd when ppl go to church to worship The Almighty and then start to indulge in these other things.

Don't get me wrong abeg, am not a baby anymore and I know the difference between a guy that has a good intention and the one that basically needs only sex from me just to boost his ego among his peers.
These are guys that have slept with countless of girls in the church choir and other workers, what is the difference between me and these girls that will make this same guys have good intention towards me?
This isn't asking out, it is simply boosting their ego so they can go about and say 'i have slept with the new worker too'
I do have a boyfriend and theere is nothing hypocritical about that.[/quote]
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by ugoezeik(m): 2:30pm On May 03, 2015
major466:
I understand what you are going through. I myself was in a similar situation.
my frnd sharap! wch gal go want u abi u wan show ursef?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by GoodMuyis(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:

If Fornication is that much among the Worker, i suggest that the Head pastor of the church be informed

But all is well, try to report any case of immorality to the church elders, so they can deal with it according to wisdom, And let the youth leaders organise a progamme to teach the youth more about immorality and its consequences. Also the pastors or teacher should make sure that salvation and holiness message is not lacking in his sermon, the give prayer a place.

My advice to you that God made you to ether the work force so you can identify the problem faced in the church, you can be the agent of CHANGE, with prayer, preaching and encouragement, liased with some born again youth to do the work of God in changing the situation.

DO NOT QUIT, this is an opportunity to serve God where no one had expected, this can be you own accepted service before God, if you do it successfully there is reward for it here on earth and heaven
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by EbuGeneral(m): 3:03pm On May 03, 2015
i don't go to church anymore. i am a traditionalist. try it here, chukwu abịama will strike you.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by osewanu(m): 3:21pm On May 03, 2015
DonKool1:

and if she's not?
I ask because it's funny that you are only interested in one answer to your question.
More than that, it looks like a lot of people commenting are in the mode of "everybody is guilty of something so no biggie".

It's terrible that so called 'Church members and workers' are alleged to be fornicating and committing adultery and all some people have to say is - "you no holy pass", " kini big deal", or worse "na today? ".
What is wrong with "Christians" today?

Even when i talk, people always warn me not to speak against "men of God" who are busy enriching themselves and don't know what it is to love a fellow human much less God. They just can't see sin any more. just like above.

OP,
IF you are sinning as he alluded, repent and the Lord of Host will forgive you.
As for your 'church' - by their fruit, you shall know them. If you know the fruit of the church then do the needful.
I pray God leads you, me & my family to a bible believing, teaching and living Church in Jesus Name.
Amen.
I'm not alluding to anything. It's just a simple question. So she wouldn't be that like that pharisee in the temple(I'm glad I'm not as sinful as the other man or as in your own case-I'm glad I am not doing my own inside church? ) which our lord condemns as self righteousness.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by chibyralph(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:

its hypocritical if u engage in sexual acts with your boyfriend and claim u serve God....Flee fornication...thats the real service u have to render to God. God's grace to u.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by alreadyknowsam: 3:34pm On May 03, 2015
Billyonaire:
You make it look like the church is for perfect people. The hospital is for the sick what the church is for the sinners. The reason I do not go to church is because I believe the church is for sinners who seek repentance. I am not a sinner, so I can not go to church. Have you seen a very healthy man going to stay in hospital ? No, only a mad man can do that. And so are many Christians.

That's a fact but definitely not true. Even a healthy person needs to go to the hospital for a regular check up. That u're nt a sinner is a very gd reason 4U to go to church for spiritual food, growth, nurturing and direction. Remember what Christ says "Do not forsake the gathering of the believers". God bless u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adeboye: My Friend Screamed Praise The Lord When We Heard Nigeria's N55trn Debt / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.