Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months (42070 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by manofluck: 10:55am On May 03, 2015
It a usual saying dat a wman 'll never tell u hw many guys she accepted( sleep with her), but she 'll proudly publicise dey one she rejected.OP u're not a saint,don't expect praise 4rm us dat oh u rejected all dis brodas. Since u still commitn fornication with ur BF I supposed, u're not beta dan dos grls u tink dey sleep around in d church. All of us here a sinners no matters hw righteous he/she mit claim 2 be.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by stonecoldcafe: 10:57am On May 03, 2015
jmoore:

Taaa!!!!

She is a hypocrite, that's why she decided not to answer.

She should remove the log in her own eyes first!!!!

LOL. I just feel so many people have been sidetracked because op said she has a boyfriend. Its all good though, you have a valid point just that we can't conclude op is banging her boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by poweredcom(m): 10:58am On May 03, 2015
i say i don be church worker before i dey bang one brother babe wey he wan marry...i bag dis babe 3 times....but i still dont know why she married the lame dude..
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Nobody: 10:59am On May 03, 2015
silverspringle:
sorry i had to quote u cos u re trading d wrong information...i beg to differ "a church is a place christians go to worship God nd to seek for his face". Read ur bible very well nd ur guess would be as good as mine. Ur comparism with d hospital is just off point. Now, lemme ask u, do ve jst sick people in d hospital? Dont u ve doctors, nurses nd others working tohether to help d sick...somehow for pple trying too hard to turn d scripture upside down for their own selfish reasons.
Which church was Jesus Christ a member of.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by jmoore(m): 11:00am On May 03, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

LOL. I just feel so many people have been sidetracked because op said she has a boyfriend. Its all good though, you have a valid point just that we can't conclude op is banging her boyfriend.
Bros, this is psychology. She avoided the question.

Having a boyfriend doesn't mean fornication must take place. But from her responses so far, it is very obvious they are fornicating.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by lapo(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2015
Stay home. Pray in your house. God is everywhere.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Bigcake: 11:07am On May 03, 2015
Church dating is never on my mind..... Recently i told a girl in my Church who was overtly close to me than normal that i dont do Church runz ooo.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by silverspringle(f): 11:26am On May 03, 2015
Billyonaire:
Which church was Jesus Christ a member of.
Jesus Christ is the central figure of christianity...i.e Jesus Christ is christianity itself

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Missmossy(f): 11:29am On May 03, 2015
It aint too surprising so many things happen in the church these days.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Nobody: 11:29am On May 03, 2015
silverspringle:
Jesus Christ is the central figure of christianity...i.e Jesus Christ is christianity itself
That's funny. Jesus Christ was not a Christian. He was a Jew. Jesus didnt preach Christianity, he preached Judaism. Christianity was coined by St. Peter after Jesus was already killed. Jesus never heard of the word or never knew that a new kind of Religion was formed on his name. I think Jesus will not even be happy with most pastors if he knew they are buying jets using his name.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Turbocharged: 11:31am On May 03, 2015
1dafullymade:
buh OP, permit me to ask, u hv a "BoyFriend" right?, & this ur "boyfriend", I supoz he is a christian, right?...if ur answers to d above questions are in d affirmative, den u confuse me with d "I don't want to be a part of the "hypocrite" thing going on in d church.."statement....just as ur now boyfriend,who I believe is a "christian" saw,admired,wooed u & u accepted, is the same way these other guys saw,admired(still admire),wooed(still wooing) u & is upto u to either accept or reject their advances...so whatz d news here? or are they outrightly asking u for sex?, is it now wrong for pple,irrespective of d group they belong in, to xpress themselves?is it not possible for dez guys asking u out to actually mean well & "might" respect & abide by any conditions u give...by the way,don't u think dat u and ur boyfriend are already hypocrites(that is,if u guys indulge in kissing & any other sexual acts,even if u don't indulge in s*x itself)?.........

Nawa for we women, if they "woo/pursue" us,wahala, if they don't, we start crying & going from one church/pastor to the other asking for deliverance...its well oooo

Anyways sweetie, plz don't b pissed,just appreciate dem for desiring u & politely turn dem down(so far dey ar young unmarried pple), buh if is d married ones ? my dear, u really don't need to be polite cus itz obvious what they want..

Plz keep serving d Lord in anyway u can, don't b discouraged by all d distractions plz...

Are u in my mind?

The op is as guilty as those making passes at her.

#biggerhypocrites#

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by DWJOBScom(m): 11:37am On May 03, 2015
classicB:

Don't get me wrong abeg, am not a baby anymore and I know the difference between a guy that has a good intention and the one that basically needs only sex from me just to boost his ego among his peers.
These are guys that have slept with countless of girls in the church choir and other workers, what is the difference between me and these girls that will make this same guys have good intention towards me?
This isn't asking out, it is simply boosting their ego so they can go about and say 'i have slept with the new worker too'
I do have a boyfriend and theere is nothing hypocritical about that.

finally another adult on nairaland - well done girl

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Aroniyo200(m): 11:38am On May 03, 2015
Any church where workers live that kind of life is a hell fire church. Run away from religion-without-salvation church. And you yourself, don't deceive yourself. Give your life to Christ. Hell is real.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by humberjade: 11:41am On May 03, 2015
classicB:
As a born introvert, i decided to join the church work force six months ago to get more used to people and also to work on the shy part of me.
Two of my sisters are in the church choir and they have both gisted me of how the supposed brother and sisters of God use to continually have sex with each other cry
We are only four girls out of almost 25 guys in my subgroup and to be sincere, all these people are really nice and most times don't bother we girls too much on works to be done.
The problem now is reality is beginning to show itself as some guys in the choir have already started eyeing me, i don't mind them anyway and I guess they must have assumed me to be an easily convinced type of girl just because of the way I smile grin
One is always trying to get my attention in church while the other will not stop disturbing me on whatsaap embarassed
The same me that thought of joining the church choir is already having a rethink of going back to my former self as a bench warmer grin I seriously cannot be a part of this kind of hypocritical act going on right in the church of God. I told my boyfriend about it and it doesn't seem new or surprising to him, it's like this is now the new trend in churches.
I don't know the kind of Christian we call ourself but having sex with Co workers right in. Church is just not done, in most cases the girls are at the loosing end cos every guy in church will know how that guy slept with you and they will probably wanna get under her skirt too cry

You know all this immoral acts happens in that church and you are still worship there.

I wonder if prayers are still answered in dat church, because if those (workers, especially d choristers) who are suppose to working with d Pastor are so morally dirty, how then will d Holy Spirit dwell in their midst...How will d congregation experience signs and wonders?

And if d Pastor is privy to happenings in d church, and his anointing begins to dwindle, he'll start fasting and praying fervently, thinking he's at fault for dearth of signs and wonders, not knowing that it is d workers dat are polluting d church.

I am not against relationships btw workers in d church, as long as good intentions are tied to it, but when it bcomes a game, then it's totally disgusting.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Saorchy(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2015
1dafullymade:
buh OP, permit me to ask, u hv a "BoyFriend" right?, & this ur "boyfriend", I supoz he is a christian, right?...if ur answers to d above questions are in d affirmative, den u confuse me with d "I don't want to be a part of the "hypocrite" thing going on in d church.."statement....just as ur now boyfriend,who I believe is a "christian" saw,admired,wooed u & u accepted, is the same way these other guys saw,admired(still admire),wooed(still wooing) u & is upto u to either accept or reject their advances...so whatz d news here? or are they outrightly asking u for sex?, is it now wrong for pple,irrespective of d group they belong in, to xpress themselves?is it not possible for dez guys asking u out to actually mean well & "might" respect & abide by any conditions u give...by the way,don't u think dat u and ur boyfriend are already hypocrites(that is,if u guys indulge in kissing & any other sexual acts,even if u don't indulge in s*x itself)?.........

Nawa for we women, if they "woo/pursue" us,wahala, if they don't, we start crying & going from one church/pastor to the other asking for deliverance...its well oooo

Anyways sweetie, plz don't b pissed,just appreciate dem for desiring u & politely turn dem down(so far dey ar young unmarried pple), buh if is d married ones ? my dear, u really don't need to be polite cus itz obvious what they want..

Plz keep serving d Lord in anyway u can, don't b discouraged by all d distractions plz...
I actually had to quote u dear...u killed it in ur reply to the post. The points are just there...so it's left for the op to act wisely.
Serve God in any good way u can and a warning "Fear God" so desist from any act that will make God get angry with u.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Nobody: 11:48am On May 03, 2015
What is the name of your church madam op?
Hmmm, I guess it Christ Embassy undecided
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Aroniyo200(m): 11:54am On May 03, 2015
Any church where workers live that kind of life is a hell fire church. Run away from religion-without-salvation church. You yourself, give your life to Christ.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Saorchy(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2015
hayorbaami:
Some logic fail me though. So because Op has a boyfriend, it is okay for church workers to have sex among one another? Are church workers in church to serve the Lord or to sample their bodies? It is a different thing if these are adults with intentions to woo and marry appropriately but we all understand from Op's posts that they are youths indulging in sex when they should be 'working' for God. Brother this, sister that, who should be role models to sunday school kids. Na wa o. Workers are not forced to serve, if you simply can not be committed then don't be one.

The op herself is also a church worker buh she has a boyfriend...so she shouldn't judge or condemn others lest she'd be judged
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by DonKool1: 11:57am On May 03, 2015
osewanu:

So tell me,are u sleeping with your boyfriend? If yes,you're no different from the others. No self righteousness please. Sin is sin

and if she's not?
I ask because it's funny that you are only interested in one answer to your question.
More than that, it looks like a lot of people commenting are in the mode of "everybody is guilty of something so no biggie".

It's terrible that so called 'Church members and workers' are alleged to be fornicating and committing adultery and all some people have to say is - "you no holy pass", " kini big deal", or worse "na today? ".
What is wrong with "Christians" today?

Even when i talk, people always warn me not to speak against "men of God" who are busy enriching themselves and don't know what it is to love a fellow human much less God. They just can't see sin any more. just like above.

OP,
IF you are sinning as he alluded, repent and the Lord of Host will forgive you.
As for your 'church' - by their fruit, you shall know them. If you know the fruit of the church then do the needful.
I pray God leads you, me & my family to a bible believing, teaching and living Church in Jesus Name.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Nobody: 11:57am On May 03, 2015
a lot of things go on behind the scenes... which is one of the reason some people go back to being regular church members.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by 1dafullymade(f): 11:59am On May 03, 2015
spirit88:

i swear, u get sense pass. ur wisdom will increase d more in Jesus name. love ur comment. sure uve got a good heart cos out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks
Amen to dat beautiful prayer dearie.....Thank U
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by DonKool1: 12:00pm On May 03, 2015
Aroniyo200:
Any church where workers live that kind of life is a hell fire church. Run away from religion-without-salvation church. And you yourself, don't deceive yourself. Give your life to Christ. Hell is real.

Word for today!!

GBAM!! @ religion-without-salvation church
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by 1dafullymade(f): 12:02pm On May 03, 2015
Strongbest:

O ma'am, I wish I could like your post one thousand and one times and even more.

I'm very glad we still have your type here. You have said it all, let the Op read your post and be ministered to.

May we not be an instrument in the hand of the devil to rubbish the body of Christ.

Stay blessed sis.
Amen! Stay blessed as well dear
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by 1dafullymade(f): 12:04pm On May 03, 2015
bababuff:

Shoro niyen?
English dear.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Saorchy(m): 12:06pm On May 03, 2015
centjamie:

Sweetie,i quite agree with the points the other poster made.you might really have what the other girls do not have and that might have made you stand out.i also do not see anything bad in guys from your church asking you out when you also have a boyfriend who belongs to a church.you cannot be sure of their intentions based on their previous escapades with other girls in the church especially when we all know that change is constant.it's not about you not being a child,sometimes we mistake people's intentions, and can only find out what they feel for us when we go closer to them.

Its left for you to cash in on any of their advances or you turn them down politely.it doesn't make any difference if you decide to give any of them a chance since fornication is not new to you.the fact that you have a man you do things with has already made you a hypocrite.it cannot get worse if you decide to date any man from your church.(i'm not judging you because i'm not a saint either.just stating the obvious).

Stating the obvious indeed. Nice point
U said it all

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by silverspringle(f): 12:10pm On May 03, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's funny. Jesus Christ was not a Christian. He was a Jew. Jesus didnt preach Christianity, he preached Judaism. Christianity was coined by St. Peter after Jesus was already killed. Jesus never heard of the word or never knew that a new kind of Religion was formed on his name. I think Jesus will not even be happy with most pastors if he knew they are buying jets using his name.
please dont drag me to this to feel okay...i am not paid to lecture on religious studies. I was only trying to correct the cliam that " only sinners goes to church" not the religion Jesus practiced. Now, what happens to the sinner who repents? He stops going to church right? No sir! He continues cos the church is for everyone who tends to act like christ "christ-like" nd thats what christianity is all about. Acts 11:26,Hebrews 10:25, Matthew 18:20 nd hence "remember the sabbath day nd keep it holy. Exodus 20:8
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by pak: 12:11pm On May 03, 2015
1dafullymade:

Wow! This is as close to genius as possible, permit me to ask what proffession are you or what course are you studying?
Your thinking and articulation is exceptional

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by 1dafullymade(f): 12:12pm On May 03, 2015
[quote author=Turbocharged post=33371678]

Are u in my mind?

The op is as guilty as those making passes at her.

#biggerhypocrites#[/quote No, I 'm not in ur mind...*smiles*...hv a blessed wk dear
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by YabaLeftist: 12:14pm On May 03, 2015
Rubbish post! You have a boyfriend, you want me to believe you don't have sex with him, abi? undecided Continue forming holy girl in church while you come home to yansh your boyfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Guru Maharaji: "Buhari Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections" / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.