Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,940 members, 7,952,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months (42447 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by alreadyknowsam: 3:39pm On May 03, 2015
Why do I have this funny feeling that almost all the christian sis and bro here are guilty of this. Lol God have mercy.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 03, 2015
alreadyknowsam:

That's a fact but definitely not true. Even a healthy person needs to go to the hospital for a regular check up. That u're nt a sinner is a very gd reason 4U to go to church for spiritual food, growth, nurturing and direction. Remember what Christ says "Do not forsake the gathering of the believers". God bless u
I do not foresake the gathering of the brethren. The gathering of brethren does not signify a Church. The church as it is constituted today, is a place for religious politics and security of stomach infrastructure for the Men of God. The gathering of the brethren that Jesus preached about was meeting with spiritually oriented people, NOT religious oriented demagogs.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by poik(m): 3:57pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:

Don't get me wrong abeg, am not a baby anymore and I know the difference between a guy that has a good intention and the one that basically needs only sex from me just to boost his ego among his peers.
These are guys that have slept with countless of girls in the church choir and other workers, what is the difference between me and these girls that will make this same guys have good intention towards me?
This isn't asking out, it is simply boosting their ego so they can go about and say 'i have slept with the new worker too'
I do have a boyfriend and theere is nothing hypocritical about that.

Hold it right there lady. The concept of boyfriend and girlfriend negates Christianity, true Christianity

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Tonason: 3:59pm On May 03, 2015
The truth is that not all churches are Church of Christ and not all members all genuine born introvert as you put it. From your own story I can see that you yourself is not a born introvert. For still keeping your boyfriend after claiming to became born again means that you are still living in sin. That is why they are getting your attention.as long as you are still engaging into sex act with that your boyfriend means that you are no different from them. Because both u and them are guilty of the same offense. When you repent you are also expected to forsake your former life style. Jesus is coming soon.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by dayodare49o: 4:15pm On May 03, 2015
Gorimakpa1:
bro this comment na wicked one oooo.....enough to ruin her(OP) new month (May)
You know when you hear a comment that makes you sick.

The advice is very wrong no matter the church the lady goes if she does not change her reason of going to church then she would end up being one of the people practicing evil in the name of God
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by martinosi: 4:22pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:
As a born introvert, i decided to join the church work force six months ago to get more used to people and also to work on the shy part of me.
Two of my sisters are in the church choir and they have both gisted me of how the supposed brother and sisters of God use to continually have sex with each other cry
We are only four girls out of almost 25 guys in my subgroup and to be sincere, all these people are really nice and most times don't bother we girls too much on works to be done.
The problem now is reality is beginning to show itself as some guys in the choir have already started eyeing me, i don't mind them anyway and I guess they must have assumed me to be an easily convinced type of girl just because of the way I smile grin
One is always trying to get my attention in church while the other will not stop disturbing me on whatsaap embarassed
The same me that thought of joining the church choir is already having a rethink of going back to my former self as a bench warmer grin I seriously cannot be a part of this kind of hypocritical act going on right in the church of God. I told my boyfriend about it and it doesn't seem new or surprising to him, it's like this is now the new trend in churches.
I don't know the kind of Christian we call ourself but having sex with Co workers right in. Church is just not done, in most cases the girls are at the loosing end cos every guy in church will know how that guy slept with you and they will probably wanna get under her skirt too cry

You are mostly in the Romance section starting BS topics and you now say you are a church worker
so that means you are some form of christian.

Notice i said "some FORM of Christian" "smh"

The BS that girls like you post of NL is just "sigh" well you all know
what you are looking for....

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by Sammyprinceson(f): 5:37pm On May 03, 2015
Are you not d most hypotrical being here?You keep a BoyFriend" nt even someone u re abt to marry,yet you talk abt hypocrisy. Sin is Sin no matter who or where its being committed. So I will advice u, stay away 4m the rejected, wht God & the word of God hs rejected stay away frm them. He who must point accusing fingers to othrs must first make sure he's safe.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by babilicious: 5:41pm On May 03, 2015
If you sincerely love God and want to serve him then you should do it with your whole heart and mustn't join Choir to that besides heavenly race is personal. In as much as you want to join a particular department or unit in church to be more committed, choir shouldn't be the only option. I'm sure there are other dept. Or unit u can join and truly serve God without mingling much with other pple or members. I am in sanitation dept. Or unit in my church cos I don't really want to mingle with all church members cos I know is not everyone that want to serve God sincerely so to avoid problems I quietly joined sanitation which only involves cleaning the church and after which i leave peaceful without necessarily mingling with my members. Also don't start what you can't finish...why smile with the guys when u knw u don't want to join them as they swim in fornication don't u think you're encouraging them by smiling..there are other ways of being jovial or kind without smiling sheepishly. If you carry yourself well with dignity I assure you those guys won't even open their mouth to say any rubbish to you cos they will see you as a serious minded person who only Want to serve God. Quietly render your service in church and leave quietly, you mustn't stay around for pple or pastor to even notice u as your service is unto God and not for man to notice or commend you. Also I doubt if you genuinely want to serve God cos as a lady u shld knw how to shun advances (not by smiling which is a way of encouraging the guys) and your posting this here knowing that pple will mock the church and your christian faith wish u calm that u want to preserve..if you love God then you ought to be passionate about him and would never want someone to mock God or the church
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by davspog2(m): 5:51pm On May 03, 2015
1dafullymade:
buh OP, permit me to ask, u hv a "BoyFriend" right?, & this ur "boyfriend", I supoz he is a christian, right?...if ur answers to d above questions are in d affirmative, den u confuse me with d "I don't want to be a part of the "hypocrite" thing going on in d church.."statement....just as ur now boyfriend,who I believe is a "christian" saw,admired,wooed u & u accepted, is the same way these other guys saw,admired(still admire),wooed(still wooing) u & is upto u to either accept or reject their advances...so whatz d news here? or are they outrightly asking u for sex?, is it now wrong for pple,irrespective of d group they belong in, to xpress themselves?is it not possible for dez guys asking u out to actually mean well & "might" respect & abide by any conditions u give...by the way,don't u think dat u and ur boyfriend are already hypocrites(that is,if u guys indulge in kissing & any other sexual acts,even if u don't indulge in s*x itself)?.........

Nawa for we women, if they "woo/pursue" us,wahala, if they don't, we start crying & going from one church/pastor to the other asking for deliverance...its well oooo

Anyways sweetie, plz don't b pissed,just appreciate dem for desiring u & politely turn dem down(so far dey ar young unmarried pple), buh if is d married ones ? my dear, u really don't need to be polite cus itz obvious what they want..

Plz keep serving d Lord in anyway u can, don't b discouraged by all d distractions plz...
omode yi wagbayi, ori e a kanke
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by demmy0325(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2015
Equado:
and you my friend was right!!!
.. Abi nah
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by demmy0325(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Oga, go open Church..
.. Lol.. Dnt wori.. U go b ma usher..
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by demmy0325(m): 6:28pm On May 03, 2015
Beamborla:
Behold, a great prophet
.. Prophet ke...
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by alreadyknowsam: 6:49pm On May 03, 2015
Billyonaire:
I do not foresake the gathering of the brethren. The gathering of brethren does not signify a Church. The church as it is constituted today, is a place for religious politics and security of stomach infrastructure for the Men of God. The gathering of the brethren that Jesus preached about was meeting with spiritually oriented people, NOT religious oriented demagogs.

Thank God you haven't forsaken the church! (smile). To some extent u're right abt how the church has turned out to be what it is today. It is indeed true that the values taught by Jesus Christ can now scarcely be found. But it still does not take away the importance of the church as preached by Christ. As a matter of fact, the only monopoly to man's problem is in the Church (A true bible believing Church). God bless u
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by optm(m): 7:12pm On May 03, 2015
classicB:
As a born introvert, i decided to join the church work force six months ago to get more used to people and also to work on the shy part of me.
Two of my sisters are in the church choir and they have both gisted me of how the supposed brother and sisters of God use to continually have sex with each other cry
We are only four girls out of almost 25 guys in my subgroup and to be sincere, all these people are really nice and most times don't bother we girls too much on works to be done.
The problem now is reality is beginning to show itself as some guys in the choir have already started eyeing me, i don't mind them anyway and I guess they must have assumed me to be an easily convinced type of girl just because of the way I smile grin
One is always trying to get my attention in church while the other will not stop disturbing me on whatsaap embarassed
The same me that thought of joining the church choir is already having a rethink of going back to my former self as a bench warmer grin I seriously cannot be a part of this kind of hypocritical act going on right in the church of God. I told my boyfriend about it and it doesn't seem new or surprising to him, it's like this is now the new trend in churches.
I don't know the kind of Christian we call ourself but having sex with Co workers right in. Church is just not done, in most cases the girls are at the loosing end cos every guy in church will know how that guy slept with you and they will probably wanna get under her skirt too cry

u didnt tel us any askd u fr sex. hw do u mean disturb? smone trying to get ur attention dosent mean he wnts sex wit u. i tink d problem is u; as u re quick to jumpin into conclusion. u really nid to work on ur mindset. pple cn b attractd to u fr a reason or d other nd i dnt c anytin wrng in dat. u re nt social i cn tel nd its affectin ur perspective in reasonin as regards this

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by 1miccza: 8:50pm On May 03, 2015
soulminister:
I wouldn't say that I have been in your situation since I started working in the house of God. but I will tell you this, try and restrict your interaction with church members within the church. that is how I avoid stories that touch the heart

Op in addition to what he said what I do is I attend more of bible study and normal activities than wing activities and I maintain my stand of not interacting much to the latter. I try as much as I can not to wash my dirty linens in public
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by AYEGBEGE(m): 10:59pm On May 03, 2015
please report this case to the church authority if you have not.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by otipoju(m): 2:57am On May 04, 2015
bankai2015:

But after church service, you go dey chase those bread seller

Or dey even sleep with your girlfriend.

No be the same thing.

Nigeria is so full of hypocrite

Leave am like that. Bread seller na person too. I respect them just like my manager girlfriend.

But let sacred things be separated from the profane.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by joseph1832(m): 7:44am On May 04, 2015
classicB:

Its the trend is most churches now my dear. If I were you I would sit down at home. After all, salvation is a personal thing.

Its even such a shame that they see having sex with their church members as nothing, but when you tell this set of deluded individuals that you don't go to church, then, you're the greatest sinner in the world!.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by frebor(m): 9:29pm On May 04, 2015
MrOlai:
grin grin grin

Were you there?

Emi ke? Lailai
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by bababuff(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2015
1dafullymade:
English dear.

Shey na talk be dat. grin
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by sleekman(m): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
classicB:

Don't get me wrong abeg, am not a baby anymore and I know the difference between a guy that has a good intention and the one that basically needs only sex from me just to boost his ego among his peers.
These are guys that have slept with countless of girls in the church choir and other workers, what is the difference between me and these girls that will make this same guys have good intention towards me?
This isn't asking out, it is simply boosting their ego so they can go about and say 'i have slept with the new worker too'
I do have a boyfriend and theere is nothing hypocritical about that.
there's everything hypocritical in it. All of una dey sin. Sin of idolatry. Ure all sinning against God. Repent sister and stop looking for a spec in ur neighbors eye when u have the whole world in urs.
Re: My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months by itstpia8: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
is your full time job just to spread rumours and innuendos about people?

I know some of you get paid for that.

and why are you always in the centre of every bad tale?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother / South African Preacher Who Fed His Congregation Snakes Arrested – Reports / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.