Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) (66819 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by XBLadez: 7:17pm On May 05, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Apologise brother, i withdraw my statement on the grounds of mistaken identity. peace! grin
Lol! No problem, I knew u had no idea how I've been battling with these haters grin
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by FAJFARM(m): 7:45am On May 16, 2015
wwwbabe:
This is d reason for late marriages
igbo guys will b like
make go hammer first
and girls will b like
bt age is not on my side na
The guy replies; Money isn't on my side too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by tolajay: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
How was your marriage last year? shocked

wiringdpt:
I don't care I'm marrying my Ibo lady this year. Owerri here I come
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by wiringdpt(m): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
Splendid
tolajay:
How was your marriage last year? shocked

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by tolajay: 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
How much pay? Planning mine.

wiringdpt:
Splendid
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by googi: 12:05am On Jul 10, 2017
This is an aberration of a culture that teaches hard work and survival. No true Igbo culture teaches survival by any means necessary.

What you claim there is the corruption of African culture. Our fathers fought not to get rich but to be free - Independence.

The following generation after been spoon-fed with golden toe in their mouth, embark on corruption.

What you stated there is where many found themselves born out of corruption. Igbo would call you efulefu.

If Nigerians could devote the same energy they devote to what you stated there, we would be as good as those that fought for independence, if not better.

When the atmosphere stinks to high heavens, it gives birth to what you stated.

As for bride price, it's an African thing. We all
do it but not as pronounced and abused as in some Igbo culture. As someone stated, some families return most of the money claiming their daughter is not for sale.

Let us face it, corruption has created so much poverty and greed many Nigerians are ready to exploit anything.

I must confess that even me was put off by exorbitant bride price called dowry. But folks, ladies will make you pay now or later.

Wuuworld:
The firewood of this world is for only those who can take heart,and that is why not ALL can gather it.......I rather die in indonesia and let the whole world heard of my death than to die in my hut unnotice out of poverty ......the ends justify the means.........whether u die in indonesia or Chad it doesn't matter,death is inevitable and definitely something must kill a man.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.