Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) (66791 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by hollypagan: 2:26pm On May 01, 2015
Our girls are not cheap like Yorubas

7 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 01, 2015
[size=18pt]It is better for an Igbo guy to spend 200k on bride-price than for a Yoruba guy to spend 200k on owambe and clubbing.

Moral: Igbo GUYS will spend a fortune to settle down and start a family.

While yoruba guys will rather lavish a fortune on temporal frivolities and continue to live in their father's house and be chest-beating with his father's car while blasting Shina Peters in it till they turn 50!

HATERZ CAN HUG JUMP INTO KAINJI DAM!
tongue tongue[/size]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by victorazy(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2015
lawanson44:
[size=18pt]It is better for an Igbo guy to spend 200k on bride-price than for a Yoruba guy to spend 200k on owambe and clubbing.

While yoruba guys will rather lavish a fortune on temporal frivolities and continue to live in their father's house till they turn 50!

tongue tongue[/size]

Wow!!!!
No amount is enuf for the one I luv and want to spend my life with.

3 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by XBLadez: 2:32pm On May 01, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Aturu! Ewu Zambia! People like u are an endangered species in the North, u are the ones that sold ur birth right and will even use knife to kill ur old man, if he gets in the way to stop ur eminent murder by returning up north.

Ndi- Rivers stop forming igbo becos us speak abit of it, u said u are not igbo remember? Anumanu!
I don't have to insult you back but tell me where I said I'm not Igbo.
I'd even advise you read my past comments and see how I've been warring against tribal bigots, many of my posts hidden. Once that done, you can come and apologize

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by waternogetemeny: 2:32pm On May 01, 2015
lawanson44:

While yoruba guys will rather lavish a fortune on temporal frivolities and continue to live in their father's house and be chest-beating with his father's car while blasting Shina Peters in it till they turn 50!

tongue tongue[/size]

I just love ur wise words brother! Thank you so much for that contribution, it is refreshing.

3 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by waternogetemeny: 2:33pm On May 01, 2015
XBLadez:

I don't have to insult you back but tell me where I said I'm not Igbo

People from Rivers claim they are not igbo, u cannot join us, just to attack us. never!
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by XBLadez: 2:35pm On May 01, 2015
waternogetemeny:

People from Rivers claim they are not igbo, u cannot join us, just to attack us. never!
Go and read my past comments, then come back and apologize

2 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Napoleone(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2015
Cutehector:
Its not our fault our igbo sisters r very valuable. grin
wait o... the ones they've finished in Unical and co?
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by austinesteve(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2015
IMO State I guess.....kindda like them though kiss
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 01, 2015
disgusting and shitty culture, i'm from Nnewi in Anambra state, d most disgusting part is that at the end of the day, d parents of d bride gets only 1 crate of malt and Star, for what!!! The said list is not even written by d brides father as many think, but by the 'umunna' (kindred), people who deep down, do not even wish d bride well. My younger sister got married a while ago, nd d husband spent 375,000 naira on drinks ALONE, as contained on the list, what nonsense?? Some elements of Igbo tradition are borne out of greed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by manny4life(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2015
7Alexander:
disgusting and shitty culture, i'm from Nnewi in Anambra state, d most disgusting part is that at the end of the day, d parents of d bride gets only 1 crate of malt and Star, for what!!! The said list is not even written by d brides father as many think, but by the 'umunna' (kindred), people who deep down, do not even wish d bride well. My younger sister got married a while ago, nd d husband spent 375,000 naira on drinks ALONE, as contained on the list, what nonsense?? Some elements of Igbo tradition are borne out of greed

You're a DISGUSTING liar... Try again..

Where in Nnewi are you from? The town and village...onye asi angry

I am awaiting your response because Nnewi has a standing rule by Igwe Nnewi regardless of who you are...

6 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by victorazy(m): 2:49pm On May 01, 2015
Napoleone:
wait o... the ones they've finished in Unical and co?

Wait o! They are even in uni! They are high class den!

2 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by sexyjennik(f): 2:49pm On May 01, 2015
I heard that the kalabari people's marriage are quite expensive too.marriage is not about selling your daughter na it's just a give away to unite two families from different backgrounds and different values. Nawa o shocked May God help you guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by chesm(f): 2:50pm On May 01, 2015
Dos aren't xpnsv nah
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Napoleone(m): 2:50pm On May 01, 2015
victorazy:

Wait o! They are even in uni! They are high class den!
lool...Red herring fallacy! I reserve my comment. undecided smiley
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by overlord77: 2:51pm On May 01, 2015
benuejosh:
Hmm. Igbo people and culture/tradition.

It's not an igbo thing, all tribes in Nigeria have their peculiar marriage rites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by okotv(m): 2:53pm On May 01, 2015
that also means the women can't form feminist for the men. I think it's just pitting the women under perpetual bondage. Let me reiterate, if the Lady isn't a virgin, I can never pay huge sums, never.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by zingywingy: 2:54pm On May 01, 2015
No wonder whenever my igbo neighbor dey fuckfuck hin wife...I dey hear Jesos..jesos..jesos cool shocked shocked cool shocked shocked..

Aphumaka.. jesos ehhhhhhhh cry...from 1am till cock crows)
D guy don get partial stroke now.
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Jman06(m): 2:55pm On May 01, 2015
As usual, Yorrobarr broke azzs niggas hyperventilating on top Igbo gals mata. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yet they call them prostitutes and yam legs.

Blaody hypocrites!

Igbo gals are hot cakes! Deal with it or g n d!

4 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by scarwiz(m): 2:55pm On May 01, 2015
dis pic is so true
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by manny4life(m): 2:56pm On May 01, 2015
Every tribe in Nigeria have their marriage rules and rites that must be observed, the Igbo culture isn't any different. If you can afford it, cool... but if you cannot afford it, keep quiet rather than criticizing.

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by xmich(m): 2:58pm On May 01, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=15pt]now the baashing dun shift to igbo galz?

Or you are just hating on igbo in general?..cos I see no reason of opening this thread.

This is their fucckin tradition for christ sake,nobody is forcing you to marry from there.
We have over 150 language and 360 ethnic groups for you to choose your wife.

So please choose any among the many tribe,to make ur wife.

By the way,this doesn't happen in all the region in the east.
only IMO state and it has changed,since the inception of rochase to power.

His son in-law paid him N10,000 for dowry,the rest expenses depends on how you want your marriage to be
[/size]

#10,000 is too much,our inlaw paid #100 it depends

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 01, 2015
chismart02:

Am jealous!!!
Lol but why?
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by kalufelix(m): 3:00pm On May 01, 2015
Big list.. Small list Wateva!
B! +ches always for sale
F**kn hoes F**kn slaves
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Jetjacky(m): 3:02pm On May 01, 2015
You sure say you be Filipino?
KashyBaby:
I dnt like it either...i dnt wanna feed the whole village... shocked
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by iiiyyyk(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2015
Poor men always complain than beer is bitter.

Poor men complain marriage is expensive.
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Mbediogu(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2015
KashyBaby:

Igbo gals are not for every comer. Good things dont come easy.

1 Like

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Mbediogu(m): 3:06pm On May 01, 2015
KashyBaby:

Igbo gals are not for every comer. Good things dont come easy. A gram of pure gold costs more than tons of earthen ware. Gold is for those who know the value and are willing too pay for it, and thank God there are alternatives for every kind of suitor.

2 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by guonno: 3:12pm On May 01, 2015
Too many kids on nairaland. Put on an antimyopia glass b4 reading. Don't talk about what u don't know, Especially when it involves people's culture. In igboland, laziness is a taboo. there r unmarried ladies in all tribe, ijaws, yoruba, etc. several times, I have heard on news that the government are arranging mass marriages for men and women that are single especially in the north, only God knows if the reason is to keep multiplying their population so dat they will alway rule and have control of the whole oil in another man's land. The igbos are very prudent and hard working men. Imagine combining prudence and hardwork, no wonder peter obi was seen as the most prudent governor and Anambra state one of the state that is not indepted. mind u its not a must a man does everything his in-laws' community marital constitution asks for, the point is they just want u to know how much they cherish their daughter. when my inlaw paid in my sisters bride price, he was refunded some money(almost all) some other inlaw in my family did not see any refund, so u see its not a constant. If u yorubas really care about the igbo man's wellfare then ur argument should be on if igbo girls would make a good house wife, ur concerns should not be on if we can pay bc an average igbo man is a Husstler and hardworking man. I was suprised to see a very beautiful woman on my building site who brought lunch for her mason husband. I could not hold my self but made some statements later and one Yoruba woman on site who is also a mason confesed that for true the igbos take good care of their wife's and children, this single reason is what forces igbomen to stay a little more than their counterpart from other tribes b4 getting married bc littering children all over the place is a sin, I have seen other tribes marry more than one wife, or give birth to dozens inside one small room that they don't even intend leaving, igbos don't think like that.. Have u yorubas thought of "idu uno"? The mother of the bride accompanies her daughter with almost every material thing she would need to start her own home..... What a lovely culture. "Idu uno" counters what ever the op thinks he has bought in that picture above.

4 Likes

Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by kalufelix(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2015
betty202020:
THAT IS UNIQUENESS OF MY PEOPLE (IGBOS). I AM PROUD TO DO IT AND I URGE MY FELLOW IGBO BROTHERS TO DO SAME. OUR LADIES ARE MOST INDUSTRIOUS IN NIGERIA. IT DOESNT MEAN IF U DID NOT PAY THOSE THINGS, UR WIFE WOUNLD NOT BE GIVEN TO U. ITS SYMBOLIC. IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE FINANCIALY MATURED FOR MARRIAGE. SOME PEOPLE WILL COME OUT HERE TO SHOUT IGBO THIS, IGBO THAT. MOST OF THEM COLLECT UPTO 20 PIECES WRAPPER FOR ORDINARY PARTY. IT DOESNT MEAN IF U DID NOT PRESENT THE LIST, U WILL NOT MARRY IGBO WOMAN. NOOO THOSE WHO COMPLAINS MUCH ARE NAIVE ON MARRIAGE ISSUES AND YET TO MATURE FOR MARRIAGE. ANAGHI ASO MGBAGBU AGAOGU. IF U ARE NOT YET MATURE, STOP DISCUSSING MARRIAGE.

Mister chere ka mmadu nu ihe biko...
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by kalufelix(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2015
iiiyyyk:
Poor men always complain than beer is bitter.
Poor men complain marriage is expensive.
Blah Blah Blah...
Re: When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) by Fce20888(m): 3:18pm On May 01, 2015
Na shop dem wan open?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.