Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? (1250 Views)

Don’t Have Sex With Him Till You Consider These 3 Important Things / Christmas Is Always The Most Sinful Period. / Don’t Have Sex With Him Till You Consider These 3 Important Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by habeebcole: 5:09am On May 01, 2015
fornication or masturbation? with reason(s)
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Jackeeh(m): 5:12am On May 01, 2015
BOTH.
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4
3 For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1 Corinthians Chapter 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The Scriptures do not contain any specific or direct reference to masturbation. But it is clear that masturbation is an activity that violates God's INTENT. God created sex to insure the propagation of the human race (Genesis 1:28), and to provide a special and unique bonding relationship between husband and wife. (Genesis 2:24). Sexual activity within marriage provides fulfillment and satisfaction, not primarily for one's own self, but for one's spouse. It is important to understand that sexual activity is God-pleasing when it is done selflessly rather than selfishly. Masturbation is a form of sexual SELF-gratification. But sex is intended by God to be a means of MUTUAL gratification between a husband and wife, not a means of gratifying one's self. Simply put, masturbation is an act of selfishness rather than selflessness. It is a sin that calls for repentance followed by the fruits of faith, coupled with a prayer asking God for help to see this sin in the light of God's intent, and for strength of faith to overcome the sin.
So while the Bible does not mention masturbation specifically, it has much to say about appropriate and inappropriate use of God's good gift of sex. And the Bible leaves no doubt about the fact that masturbation does not give glory to God.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Cutehector(m): 5:12am On May 01, 2015
Trick question,,....

Both!
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by ginawest(f): 5:13am On May 01, 2015
both....buh personally, I tink masturbation z worse
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by mhizpeaarl(f): 5:19am On May 01, 2015
Both. Cause.... They ere both sins. ...... grin
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Cutehector(m): 5:23am On May 01, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
Both. Cause.... They ere both sins. ...... grin
embarassed
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by realtestament(m): 5:30am On May 01, 2015
Pastor Chris said masturbation is nat a sin... lipsrsealed
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Jackeeh(m): 5:35am On May 01, 2015
realtestament:
Pastor Chris said masturbation is nat a sin... lipsrsealed

But what does the Bible say? Last I checked, God's word comes first and still remains first.

2 Likes

Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Nobody: 5:36am On May 01, 2015
Quote the passage they said masturbation is sin
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by realtestament(m): 5:43am On May 01, 2015
Plz ask pst Chris, I shock wen i see am
Jackeeh:

But what does the Bible say? Last I checked, God's word comes first and still remains first.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Pinkiedearie(f): 5:49am On May 01, 2015
All is same..
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by SuperSuave(m): 6:24am On May 01, 2015
ginawest:
both....buh personally, I tink masturbation z worse
buh I think by fornicating, you're indulging yourself in sin and luring another person also but wannking is just to satisfy your sexual urge widout getting another person involved or luring them into fornication. My opinion tho
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by McEwen(m): 6:26am On May 01, 2015
what jona and the cabals doing to us right now is most sinful. angry
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Cherlene(f): 6:39am On May 01, 2015
Jackeeh:
BOTH.
1 Thessalonians Chapter 4
3 For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1 Corinthians Chapter 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The Scriptures do not contain any specific or direct reference to masturbation. But it is clear that masturbation is an activity that violates God's INTENT. God created sex to insure the propagation of the human race (Genesis 1:28), and to provide a special and unique bonding relationship between husband and wife. (Genesis 2:24). Sexual activity within marriage provides fulfillment and satisfaction, not primarily for one's own self, but for one's spouse. It is important to understand that sexual activity is God-pleasing when it is done selflessly rather than selfishly. Masturbation is a form of sexual SELF-gratification. But sex is intended by God to be a means of MUTUAL gratification between a husband and wife, not a means of gratifying one's self. Simply put, masturbation is an act of selfishness rather than selflessness. It is a sin that calls for repentance followed by the fruits of faith, coupled with a prayer asking God for help to see this sin in the light of God's intent, and for strength of faith to overcome the sin.
So while the Bible does not mention masturbation specifically, it has much to say about appropriate and inappropriate use of God's good gift of sex. And the Bible leaves no doubt about the fact that masturbation does not give glory to God.

Goodmorning

AMEN. I accede.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Tallesty1(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
I am yet to see where the bible said that masturbation is a sin but methinks there are places in the bible that strongly condemn masturbation.

Forinstance its said that whoever looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her. Question now is, can a guy actually masturbate without having a mental picture of a hot naked lady?

Secondly, Philippians 4:8 says "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever thingsare of good report; if there beany virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Do you think masturbation will pass this test if weighed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Jackeeh(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2015
Cherlene:

Goodmorning

AMEN. I accede.

Cherlene

God bless you.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Cherlene(f): 6:53am On May 01, 2015
Jackeeh:

God bless you.

Smile- THANK YOU.

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ grace and peace be upon YOU.

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by mhizpeaarl(f): 9:39am On May 01, 2015
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by ivyT(f): 10:26am On May 01, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

waka go upstairs go check am
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by VickyRotex(f): 3:21pm On May 01, 2015
Both..

No big sin, and no small sin.
Re: Which Do You Consider Most Sinful? by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 01, 2015
ivyT:

waka go upstairs go check am

me don close ooo u still dey upstairs?

(1) (Reply)

Life!!! / Guys What Does A Whistle Mean? / I Want Me A Thick Girl With Nice Curves But I Am Attracting Only Lepa Girls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.