Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? (1850 Views)

Are You Dating A Girl Or A Woman? *signs* / Are You Dating A Boy Or A Man *signs* / Guys Which Of This 'types Of Girls' Are You Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2015
A while back during a sit-out with a couple of friends, we bared our minds on the controversial topic "relationship". The varying opinions that greeted the discourse wasn't a surprise. A friend who is 24 has endured 3 heart breaks and she's presently in her fourth relationship (unfortunately heart break number 4 is by her door sad).
So why do people commit their time, resources, emotion into a relationship that clearly has an expiry date? A friend said he's relationship is serving as a test run for marriageembarassed. Stacy claimed hers is solely for companionship. With the drama and the subtle manipulation that comes with such relationships, are the "gains" worth the stress?

Why do you think people date?
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Mynd44: 1:29pm On May 01, 2015
Sex
Boredom
Money
Sex again
Brazilian hair
Sex again
And sex

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by richidinho(m): 1:34pm On May 01, 2015
Sex, companion
Feel Among
Sex, companion

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by okotv(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:
Sex Boredom Money Sex again Brazilian hair Sex again And sex
You don spoil, chai...

@poster, I don't believe in dating
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 1:45pm On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:
Sex
Boredom
Money
Sex again
Brazilian hair
Sex again
And sex

Surely the aforementioned can be gotten without dating. no?
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Burnnotice(m): 1:52pm On May 01, 2015
ladies - MONEY company SEX Guys - SEX

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 1:59pm On May 01, 2015
richidinho:
Sex, companion
Feel Among
Sex, companion

Surprisingly, "to feel among" is one the major reasons. I actually find it laughable.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 01, 2015
pryd:
A while back during a sit-out with a couple of friends, we bared our minds on the controversial topic "relationship". The varying opinions that greeted the discourse wasn't a surprise. A friend who is 24 has endured 3 heart breaks and she's presently in her fourth relationship (unfortunately heart break number 4 is by her door sad).
So why do people commit their time, resources, emotion into a relationship that clearly has an expiry date? A friend said he's relationship is serving as a test run for marriageembarassed. Stacy claimed hers is solely for companionship. With the drama and the subtle manipulation that comes with such relationships, are the "gains" worth the stress?

Why do you think people date?

Dont know about yall but 2 fvck is my aim
Fvck till my nuts fall off

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 2:02pm On May 01, 2015
okotv:
@poster, I don't believe in dating
I share your sentiment bro.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 2:13pm On May 01, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Dont know about yall but 2 fvck is my aim
Fvck till my nuts fall off

Since fvcking is ur priority, then you have no reason to date at all. Coz I'm so sure you ain't gonna be loyal to ur bae. So why date when you can easily fvck around without the emotional attachment and responsibility that comes with dating?
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 01, 2015
If it aint for marriage, then its just 'friends with benefit' shii for me..

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2015
Tobiee:
If it aint for marriage, then its just 'friends with benefit' shii for me..

Most relationships are the tweaked version of FWB! grin
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by ronald4lif(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2015
Well, a relationship is a necessity for almost everyone whilst marriage is a choice to some.

While marriage is the end result for the majority of people in a relationship it's not same for others, and marriage is not for everyone.

People date for companionship, love, sex etc and enjoy the moment while it last and if it leads to marriage fine. But if it doesn't they move on.

Marriage is just a piece of paper to a lot of people out there. The fact that they aren't married doesn't negate the fact that they're in a happy and subsistence relationship.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 01, 2015
pryd:

Most relationships are the tweaked version of FWB! grin
grin YEAH LIKE YOURS TOO RIght?
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by major466(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2015
The major downside of having repeated heartbreak and breakups in relationships is that it subtly conditions the individual's mind into believing that love does not exist. This abnormal belief occasioned through series of relationsips is the major cause of divorce in our society today.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by MrsChima(f): 2:48pm On May 01, 2015
Most people don't even know how to date and can't define date either

people hookup with the sole purpose of sex. Many people are not interested in marriage like out forefathers has in the past.

Common relationship is becoming a norm and people don't want to work at building positive relationships anymore.

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 2:56pm On May 01, 2015
Tobiee:
grin YEAH LIKE YOURS TOO RIght?

LoL nahh no tym bro wink

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nature8(m): 3:02pm On May 01, 2015
I date for love and I also believe that we'll end up in marriage.. I don't know about others..
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2015
major466:
The major downside of having repeated heartbreak and breakups in relationships is that it subtly conditions the individual's mind into believing that love does not exist. This abnormal belief occasioned through series of relationships is the major cause of divorce in our society today.

Exactly! And in the next relationship, a victim of repeated heartbreaks might be more inclined to squeezing out as much as possible.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Sheenor: 3:21pm On May 01, 2015
Cos others do

grin
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 3:37pm On May 01, 2015
MrsChima:

people hookup with the sole purpose of sex. Many people are not interested in marriage like out forefathers has in the past.

Common relationship is becoming a norm and people don't want to work at building positive relationships anymore.

Well said! The blind pursuit of sex and plastic gratifications have distorted the original essence of relationships.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 01, 2015
MrsChima:

well said wifey.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 01, 2015
pryd:

Since fvcking is ur priority, then you have no reason to date at all. Coz I'm so sure you ain't gonna be loyal to ur bae. So why date when you can easily fvck around without the emotional attachment and responsibility that comes with dating?

Thats what Im tryna tell ya
I only date as a prerequisite to the fvcking
I aint loyal 2 no one but ma dick
and fvck around I do

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Kazrem(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2015
Honestly this is what I tell singles too. If you aren't ready for marriage in the next one year or six months, what's the need for dating or being in a relationship.
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 01, 2015
MrsChima:

We've come a long way from the days of our fathers.
Now values like honesty and sincerity are scorned upon
And if U value such U are looked at as weak and stupid

I am just adapting to the times
If lies and infidelity is what the pple want
the lies and infidelity is what the pple gonna get
And so I embrace the dog in me
lie cheat and fvck till I drop

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by MrsChima(f): 5:13pm On May 01, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

We've come a long way from the days of our fathers.
Now values like honesty and sincerity are scorned upon
And if U value such U are looked at as weak and stupid

I am just adapting to the times
If lies and infidelity is what the pple want
the lies and infidelity is what the pple gonna get
And so I embrace the dog in me
lie cheat and fvck till I drop

I don't cheat and can't understand why people cheat when they can simply break up!
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by MrsChima(f): 5:14pm On May 01, 2015
rokiatu:
well said wifey.

Thanks boo! kiss
Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by MrsChima(f): 5:17pm On May 01, 2015
pryd:

Well said! The blind pursuit of sex and plastic gratifications have distorted the original essence of relationships.

Well...for many it is instant gratification and selfishness that is plaguing the world. We will see less marriages and nuclear families structure as the world ages. We will also see deviant sex becoming more acceptable and even church people will welcome it in the house of God!

We are indeed living in the end!

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by pryd(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Thats what Im tryna tell ya
I only date as a prerequisite to the fvcking
I aint loyal 2 no one but ma dick
and fvck around I do

LoL alryt bro, proceed with thy slaying. grin

1 Like

Re: If Marriage Ain't Your Goal, Then Why Are You Dating? by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 01, 2015
pryd:

LoL alryt bro, proceed with thy slaying. grin

Thank U sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dotor Died While Fighting Over His Girlfriend In Sapele Delta State / Tricky Riddle For Guys / Guys Would You Marry This Lady? -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.