Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. (26134 Views)

Governor Aregbesola Loved By His People Despite Owing Workers: Photos / List Of States Not Owing Workers. / Senator-elect Ben Murray-Bruce Come After Governors Owing Workers Salary(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by groovie(m): 8:40am On May 03, 2015
eph12:

Did you read the content? Try to if you didn't so you understand.
Bro u dey see wetin I tell u dat day?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Ikonz(m): 8:42am On May 03, 2015
[size=18pt]Big lie!

My parents (both dad & mum) are civil servants of Imo State Civil service, they are infact school teachers! Imo state Government is never owing any civil servant or group of civil servants 13 months arears of salary! Infact my parents have being paid for the month of March! What a deliberate and false statement!

This is the maximum height of joblessness & hate![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:45am On May 03, 2015
When you hear stories like this,the best thing to do is to verify.

I called two friends who work in the state ministries in Imo state. They told me they are not owed by the government. The have been paid their march salaries and are awaiting that of april.

Anyone who believes Rochas can owe workers 13months salary needs his brain checked.

Rochas is not like Suswan who does not have human feelings for his state workers.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Mrford(m): 8:46am On May 03, 2015
LAIRS. AM FROM IMO, AND MY MUM IS A PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER IN IMO. BEFORE THE ELECTION ROCHAS WAS ONLY OWING THEM ONE MONTH SALARY. WHICH IS THAT OF MARCH WHICH I CAN AUTHORITATIVELY SAY. I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE A QUOTE FROM ROCHAS IN THE NEWS BUT I DID NOT SEE ANY. NDI ASI

Kreamie:
My God! shocked 13 months? How do these ruthless governors expect these civilians to live? Some of them don't even have a thriving business to fall back on when the chips are down...All they rely on is this stipends they're being paid and then you decide to owe them foa year plus? Wow! Just wow sad
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by eph12(m): 8:46am On May 03, 2015
hamzyluv:
thanks for ur level of understanding.. Arrears are bonuses and depends on the increment or downfall of government revenue/allocation of that state on monthly basis. and Nigerian governments don't normally pay it on monthly basis ... so they will accumulate everything and pay on yearly basis for that workers will make use of it to Bette their life... for example , if ur monthly salary is 55,000 right , ur arrears on it should be 700naira ... so government will now pay u after 12months so that u can make good use of it.. thanks
Really? Thanks for the clarification. Tho my dictionary tells me that arrears are money owed and should have been paid earlier Not some sort of favour. Even if one considers the meager amount involved na to begin weep.
Fact is the government owes money that should have been paid way back so stop defending the government unless you're mandated to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by eph12(m): 8:48am On May 03, 2015
bfire:

The content implies arrears.
That's my comprehension and not emotion
My dictionary says arrears is money owed and should have been paid earlier. What does yours say?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Mrford(m): 8:48am On May 03, 2015
MY MUM IS A PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER TOO. SHE IS NOT BEING OWED. THIS IS PURE FAKE NEWS.

MzJackBaueress:

I called two friends who work in the state ministries in Imo state. They told me they are not owed by the government. The have been paid their march salaries and are awaiting that of april.

Anyone who believes Rochas can owe workers 13month salary needs his brain checked.

Rochas is not like Suswan who does not have human feelings for his state workers.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Demainman1: 8:48am On May 03, 2015
eph12:

So the OP mistakenly wrote month instead of months and you decided to make it 13th instead of 13. Continu

I have my reason for the assumption. A teacher from that state is a family and she hasn't told me that she is being owed any salary. Infact her word is 'Okorocha is trying by paying us our salary as at when due'. Except she is telling a lie.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by eCollynzo: 8:49am On May 03, 2015
hamzyluv:
bros , am not sure u are government worker if u are , am sure u will know the different.. u don't needs to use ur Dictionary for direct meaning of Arrears OK. ..
Nonsense. I don't need to be a government worker to know what arrears mean. Okorocha is owing the teachers 13 months salary, when accumulated, they are called arrears. what about Osun? Does it have a different meaning too?
Nigeria: APC Pleads With Osun Workers Over
Salary Arrears

http://allafrica.com/stories/201505010648.html

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by bfire(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2015
eph12:

My dictionary says arrears is money owed and should have been paid earlier. What does yours say?

Dictionary meanings are quite different from usage/application

You need to always look at the context to have a good grasp of what is been said
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by hamzyluv(m): 8:56am On May 03, 2015
eph12:

Really? Thanks for the clarification. Tho my dictionary tells me that arrears are money owed and should have been paid earlier Not some sort of favour. Even if one considers the meager amount involved na to begin weep.
Fact is the government owes money that should have been paid way back so stop defending the government unless you're mandated to do so.
I just dey laugh because u failed to realise vividly wat am clarifying now..... Stop using Dictionary to solve problems all the time... I didn't says that Okorocha did not owed his subjects 13months arrears.. what am saying is that NO government can pay workers arrears on monthly basis .. is either quarterly, 6months or yearly. just depend on the government ideology. thanks a lot
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Mrford(m): 8:56am On May 03, 2015
MISS, FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSE, ITS ARREARS AND NOT SALARY. ROCHAS IS NOT OWING CIVIL SERVANTS ANY MONTH SALARY.

prettyrosiemua:
This is what we call man's inhumanity to man. 13 months? That's unfair.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Akinkanju67(m): 8:56am On May 03, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
He has promised to pay them that's if he keeps to his promises
That was how he promised corp member 10k each and did not pay.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by EreluY(f): 8:59am On May 03, 2015
[size=18pt]IF THIS IS TRUE, HE'S SIMPLY DESTROYING THE FUTURE OF THE FUTURE GENERATIONS. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by eCollynzo: 9:01am On May 03, 2015
Akinkanju67:
That was how he promised corp member 10k each and did not pay.
Yet your Yoruba brothers will call someone names if he dares talk against Rochas.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by frisky2good(m): 9:01am On May 03, 2015
And until he pays, they should eat grass?

AhmedMustapha:

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by hamzyluv(m): 9:03am On May 03, 2015
eCollynzo:
Nonsense. I don't need to be a government worker to know what arrears mean. Okorocha is owing the teachers 13 months salary, when accumulated, they are called arrears. what about Osun? Does it have a different meaning too?
Nigeria: APC Pleads With Osun Workers Over
Salary Arrears

bros calm down.. we argue to learn OK.. Osun state is owing workers 6months salary... while IMO is owing workers 13 months arrears .... arrears are bonuses that government needs to pay to his/her subject every every months . but not salary ooooo... if ur basic salary per month us 45,000 naira, ur arrears should be 450naira per month based of that state allocation OK.. all our government including federal government normally pay arrears after 12months so that their workers will make good use of it..

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by frisky2good(m): 9:03am On May 03, 2015
Are you normal? Arrears of what is he owing them? Abi you think say arrears na bonus? You better learn to understand an article before commenting.

Mrford:

MISS, FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSE, ITS ARREARS AND NOT SALARY. ROCHAS IS NOT OWING CIVIL SERVANTS ANY MONTH SALARY.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Abagworo(m): 9:04am On May 03, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Anyone who believes Rochas can owe workers 13months salary needs his brain checked.

I think the paper made a mistake. It is pension arrears and it was inherited by Okorocha from past governments. It was higher then but has been gradually reduced.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by canalily(m): 9:05am On May 03, 2015
FreeGlobe:
APC Change.... Boko Haram administration has finally arrived south east. smh
mrs Asika...so PDP is still trading with their sorrowundecided

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Mrford(m): 9:05am On May 03, 2015
WHAT DO PEOPLE GAIN IN SPOILING ANOTHER PERSONS NAME? ROCHAS IS NOT OWING ANY CIVIL SERVANT. MY MUM IS A PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER. LIES UPON LIES.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Mrford(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2015
MY MUM IS A PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER. ROCHAS IS NOT OWING THEM ANY MONTH SALARY. I CAN AUTHORITATIVELY SAY THAT.

frisky2good:
Are you normal? Arrears of what is he owing them? Abi you think say arrears na bonus? You better learn to understand an article before commenting.

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by 9jatatafo(m): 9:09am On May 03, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Promises are meant to be broken!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by caugann(m): 9:10am On May 03, 2015
Still waiting to comment
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by eCollynzo: 9:12am On May 03, 2015
hamzyluv:
bros calm down.. we argue to learn OK.. Osun state is owing workers 6months salary... while IMO is owing workers 13 months arrears .... arrears are bonuses that government needs to pay to his/her subject every every months . but not salary ooooo... if ur basic salary per month us 45,000 naira, ur arrears should be 450naira per month based of that state allocation OK.. all our government including federal government normally pay arrears after 12months so that their workers will make good use of it..
Didn't you see the headline? That of Osun state was also described as arrears, except you are telling me that arrears in Osun is different from arrears in Imo.
Salary arrears simply means salaries that have not been paid.
APC Pleads With Osun Workers Over Salary Arrears
Osun pensioners protest non-payment of
arrears

www.punchng.com/news/osun-pensioners-protest-non-payment-of-arrears/
Osun Civil servants on Friday in Osogbo appealed to the state government to settle their six months’ salary arrears.
http://leadership.ng/news/430022/may-day-govts-tasked-on-payment-of-salary-arrears-as-governor-elect-hails-workers
What about Benue?
Cleric wants Benue govt to pay civil servants salary arrears
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/12/cleric-wants-benue-govt-pay-civil-servants-salary-arrears/
Benue Workers May Down Tools Over
Salary Arrears

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412011528.html

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by eph12(m): 9:13am On May 03, 2015
groovie:

Bro u dey see wetin I tell u dat day?
I kukuma see am o. If he like make he owe them 10yrs e no concern me
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Oluwaplumpie(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2015
Ojiofor:
Imo people dey enjoy their roundabouts they don't need salaries.
Lmao! No chill. Dude, u encapsulated the problem with Imo State here. Misappropriation of funds and Kangaroo projects. Plus, he had to meet up with his party commitments... This is the year of unravelling. Our eyes will open as a people now.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Connoisseur(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2015
eCollynzo:
1 2 3 4 ...... 13 months i.e. 1 year + 1 month salaries owed, not 13th month.

He is right, you are wrong.
Rochas is owing the 13th month not 13 months.
Get your facts right. We need opposition in government but not senseless one. How can someone owe 13 months and still the grassroots rooted for him.

FYI my mother in law is a primary school headmistress in imo state. She campaigned vigorously for Rochas because nobody has ever treated teachers the way he had.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by Ndjones(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2015
MOD you should confirm news before sending them to front page please. What Rochas said on May 1 is he is owing primary school PENSIONERS 13 months and not Primary school TEACHERS. Get your facts correct before moving news to front page

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by usdam: 9:25am On May 03, 2015
FreeGlobe:
APC Change.... Boko Haram administration has finally arrived south east. smh
You are the biggest FOOL I have come across today.
You will be surprise to know from me that Boko Haram are also being sponsored by some Christians because it is a creation of those who created the Maitatsine sect decades ago.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by naijaspeak(m): 9:26am On May 03, 2015
President Jonathan and his pdp rogues is to be blame for this problem. Jonathan spending habit was uncultured couple with corruption. Thus, revenue state had been receiving from the federation account is so reduced.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Owing Workers. Pensioners 13 Month Salaries.. by zendy: 9:27am On May 03, 2015
I'm not an Okorocha fan, infact, I really detest the man but this news is unbelievable. I don't want rush to judgement. It could be typo error somewhere. Maybe the meant '3 months'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari, Saraki Supporters In Shouting Match At Ilorin Airport / Many Killed As Gunmen Hit Kaduna Again / Atiku, Peter Obi Absent As Tribunal Delivers Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.