Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 (70507 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Ambode And Wife At HID Awolowo's Lying In State In Lagos (photos) / Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Herald47: 9:11pm On May 07, 2015
@shirley07,Ok,do you agree that the rest are true?
Why will i be consoling myself,after all:
1.The igbos has the lowest poverty rate in the nation.
2.they are among the most populous in the nation even in africa,it is estimated that they would have been the most populous if that they engage into polygamy in masses just like the yorubas and hausas.
3.They are among the prittiest breed in africa.
4.They are very successful in whatever they do.
Rememember am not debating with you,i just want you to know the truth which your people refuse to tell you.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:12pm On May 12, 2015
Herald47:
i am not debating with you,it's just that i want you to know the truth and the bitter truth, am a historian,am not lying to you.
Now take a look at the following:
1.AWOLOWO plotted the first coup in nigeria against the federal government and he was caught and imprisoned in 1963.if you doubt me go and read the history of nigeria by anifowose 1982.
2.ojukwu released him from prison in 1967.
3.he betrayed ojukwu by not seceding with the west.
4.he planned another coup in 1987,he wanted to overthrow IBB.
5.lateef jakande betrayed him by exposing him.
6.IBB gave him 3 options 1.court marshal.2.go on exile.3.go to prison.
7.it was gathered that he saw that those options will be heavy for him.
8.he decided to commit suicide.
It know that they won't tell you the truth.
Take a look again:
1.a yoruba man named ADEGBOYEGA was among the senior officials that plotted the 1966 coup.
2.the coup didn't lead to the civil war,the failure of gowon to implement the aburi accord which both him and ojukwu signed led to the civil war.
3.the aburi accord was aimed at 1.ensuring peace and stability in the country.2.grant of regional control of resources.3.stop the incessant killing of the innocent easterners e.t.c.
4.the federaral forces were the first to attack the biafran forces.
5.the biafran forces headed to the west because the seat of power as of then was in the west(lagos)and also it's were the forces fighting biafra troops were been sent from.
6.the biafrans didn't attack civilians while conquering ore and the mid west.if you doubt me go and read soyinka's book about the civil war.
7.the biafran troops were more fierce than the federal troops that's why they fought without red cross and also killed over 15,000 federal forces while federal forces killed less than 6,000 biafran soldiers.go and figure it out
8.the igbos are not crying for aguiyi ironsi because he brought his death upon himself by not trying the coup plotters instead he jailed them.
I am just telling all these because i know they won't tell you the truth.[b]
What's this one saying?
So, Gowon, who released Awolowo is now Ojukwu? Or the Banjo that got released by Ojukwu has suddenly turned to Awolowo? It's lies that will kill you people.
Awolowo owe you ibos nothing.
Bunch of stup!d self entitled people! Idiots expecting Awolowo to join their stupid biafra cause while they kept invading and killing his people? Or should we talk about Ojukwu refusing to release Awolowo while realeasing his prison mates?
Humor me again, the same shameless people were expecting the north to keep supplying food to them while they were fighting and killing the same North? Shameless bunch.
Aburi accord? Where did that come from? You mean after killing several tribes' leaders, mocking the hausas on their land and killing the hausa in your midst, you wanted Aburi accord?
No be only Aburi accord, mtchew. Why don't you ask Zik and Ironsi why they stopped Odua and Niger delta secession respectively? These were long before ibo came with their stupid biafra which included other peoples' lands due to their greediness. So, Nigeria should leave you people while you were carving out other peoples' land?
Bunch of thieves!
Let me also make it known that whatever Awolowo planned, he was jailed for it.. That's considering his coup involved nobody death and I'm damn sure his coup wouldn't include killing several tribes leaders like the ibo did.
It's still a fact that the first coup plotted was executed by the ibos. You people should stop rewriting history.
Also, Awolowo never committed any suicide because no autopsy report claim such. It's no one problem if you ibos have comprehension problem to understand the word 'controversial death' which means divided opinions on his death. Bunch of retards!
Imagine telling me no one suffered during ibos invasion in the west when I know people that had first hand experience! How about the biafra incessant bombing of Lagos? Is Lagos an hausa land? Foolish people wanted to liberae Lagos by bombing its citizen? Who sent them such errands? Did we seek for their help?
Ibos should better go and look for the demon tormenting them 'cos no one is.
And if you people continue with your nuisance, you'll be dealt with in numbers!

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Shirley07: 9:29pm On May 12, 2015
Herald47:
@shirley07,Ok,do you agree that the rest are true?
Why will i be consoling myself,after all:
1.The igbos has the lowest poverty rate in the nation.
2.they are among the most populous in the nation even in africa,it is estimated that they would have been the most populous if that they engage into polygamy in masses just like the yorubas and hausas.
3.They are among the prittiest breed in africa.
4.They are very successful in whatever they do.
Rememember am not debating with you,i just want you to know the truth which your people refuse to tell you.
I wont involve myself in these chest beating games of yours, you people can have that crown as long as you want!
Just don't claim other peoples' land, rewrite history, play any stupid victim which you caused for yourselves!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by tobilobaa: 12:12am On Feb 13, 2016
h
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by tobilobaa: 12:16am On Feb 13, 2016
'THE BEST PRESIDENT NIGERIA NEVER HAD' tribute to Awolowo by Ojukwu.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by joyandfaith: 5:40am On Feb 13, 2016
OoduaVanguard:

Unlike you f*ools, we were strategic in our resistance during June 12 and pick our battles carefully. We only fight battles we can win. Awo realized Ojukwu was a fraud hence his alliance with the north instead of u losers.

And what do you have to show for those 3-yrs? 3-million wasted lives.

how do yoruba benefit in the end?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by joyandfaith: 5:43am On Feb 13, 2016
Shirley07:

What's this one saying?
So, Gowon, who released Awolowo is now Ojukwu? Or the Banjo that got released by Ojukwu has suddenly turned to Awolowo? It's lies that will kill you people.
Awolowo owe you ibos nothing.
Bunch of stup!d self entitled people! Idiots expecting Awolowo to join their stupid biafra cause while they kept invading and killing his people? Or should we talk about Ojukwu refusing to release Awolowo while realeasing his prison mates?
Humor me again, the same shameless people were expecting the north to keep supplying food to them while they were fighting and killing the same North? Shameless bunch.
Aburi accord? Where did that come from? You mean after killing several tribes' leaders, mocking the hausas on their land and killing the hausa in your midst, you wanted Aburi accord?
No be only Aburi accord, mtchew. Why don't you ask Zik and Ironsi why they stopped Odua and Niger delta secession respectively? These were long before ibo came with their stupid biafra which included other peoples' lands due to their greediness. So, Nigeria should leave you people while you were carving out other peoples' land?
Bunch of thieves!
Let me also make it known that whatever Awolowo planned, he was jailed for it.. That's considering his coup involved nobody death and I'm damn sure his coup wouldn't include killing several tribes leaders like the ibo did.
It's still a fact that the first coup plotted was executed by the ibos. You people should stop rewriting history.
Also, Awolowo never committed any suicide because no autopsy report claim such. It's no one problem if you ibos have comprehension problem to understand the word 'controversial death' which means divided opinions on his death. Bunch of retards!
Imagine telling me no one suffered during ibos invasion in the west when I know people that had first hand experience! How about the biafra incessant bombing of Lagos? Is Lagos an hausa land? Foolish people wanted to liberae Lagos by bombing its citizen? Who sent them such errands? Did we seek for their help?
Ibos should better go and look for the demon tormenting them 'cos no one is.
And if you people continue with your nuisance, you'll be dealt with in numbers!

are you happy now?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Ariani: 11:47pm On May 19, 2016
BlackOnassis:
Obafemi Awolowo The Sage. When he was in charge, Western Region was the most advanced and fastest developing region in Africa, not just Nigeria! That should tell you something about Chief Awolowo's intelligence and efficiency. Dude was scary smart. cool He made other African leaders look like retards; if I was his contemporary, I would have hated his guts grin

These are lies Yorubas are fed with. Western region under Awolowo was not growing faster than the Eastern region, let alone being the fastest in the whole Africa

Those are just Ibadan media propaganda. There are a whole lot of generational lies that Yorubas have been fed with by their forerunners, that this internet age must debunk and demystify. Your above goofy comment is one of them.

Here are the real facts of the era in discuss:

"Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 10.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education. Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 1,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 68,220 individual members, the west 5,776, and the north a mere 2,407".

Nobody hated Awo's gut. His treachery was what everyone one hated and what eventually led to his death.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Cjrane2: 3:39am On May 20, 2016
[size=13pt]Indirect rule was success in North, failure in East but in West nobody knew their stand till today, you cant say whether indirect rule was a success or a failure in West, everything about a people is sitting on the fence, unable to create a clear cut agenda and unable to speak with one strong voice.

In Confab, South went with resource control as part of the agenda, South East stood on resource control, South South stood on resource control, when it got to South West Lagos delegates where saying different things, yoloba delegates where saying another things(that everybody will control resources except oli), Afenifere was waiting to know what the North will say in order not to ruffle their feathers....this was how everything about resource control fall yakataaa[/size]

Abeg, How did Awolowo die?

Did he truly drink poison to escape prosecution for corrupt enrichment?

I think that is the height of cowardly deceit.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Ndipe(m): 5:12am On Nov 20, 2018
He did well for his people by introducing free education.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by omonnakoda: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
Now Yoruba will troop out to vote for Obi
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by T9ksy(m): 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
omonnakoda:
Now Yoruba will troop out to vote for Obi

Abi o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Tinubu Praying On A Chair In A Mosque / Photos Of President Tinubu And Akinwunmi Ambode At The Aso Rock Villa / Xenophobic Attacks: Nigerian Govt Demands Two Major Things From South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.