Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 (70505 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Ambode And Wife At HID Awolowo's Lying In State In Lagos (photos) / Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 3:13am On May 04, 2015
MOST USELESS AND TRIBAL FOOL THAT WAS EVER BORN, EVER SET FOOT, ATE, SPOKE, OR LIVED IN THIS COUNTRY. MAY HIS GENERATIONS SUFFER WHAT THE INNOCENT CIVILIANS OF BIAFRA SUFFERED.

OF COURSE HE TOOK HIS LIFE! EVERY WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE HIM WILL DO THE SAME WHEN THEY REFLECT ON THEIR ACTIONS. DOESN'T HE REMIND YOU OF ANOTHER WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING: HITLER. BOTH SMART PEOPLE THAT MADE ABSOLUTE NONSENSE OF THEIR LIVES.

@ OP, Nationalist? lifting up and development of Nigeria?

Awolowo, Nationalist? I laff. He embodies the definition of Tribalism and Nepotism.

Awolowo, contributed to the development of NIGERIA? I don't think so. More like only to SouthWest NIgeria.

I wish him rest in tormented agony.

22 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by hausadreturn(m): 3:59am On May 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

You flatt heads are a bunch of cu.nts. When are you going to do the needful and declare your Biafra? Bloody cowards. Perhaps you all should go and resurrect Ojukwu to lead you on another suicide mission.

We know you hate us (Yoruba) and frankly we don't like you either, we're merely tolerating your whiny behinds. Sorry losers. cheesy
out of the abundance of your heart, your mouth speaks. It only waits for that slight opporunity to blot it out.
Are u a christian or a muslim? Naaa, u dont seem to fall in on any of the category.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by hausadreturn(m): 4:07am On May 04, 2015
kastonkastrol:
hear this illiterate shouting about regional government when his foolish brother ironsi was the ediot that destroyed regional government to form a Unitarian government just to suit his greedy ambition. I think nairaland is constituted by illiterates like this fool who doesn't know zinc but the only thing they know is nothing. Guy go and read your history books before you come here to type rubbish.
Your analysis is invalid and hasty. What kind of cheap point do u want to score yourself? You're reading your history book without properly analysing it. Look deep brother! Look deep!!

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by ayokellany: 5:41am On May 04, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Which mumu history teacher

Did he or did he not make the statement
When the opportunity came for him to actualize his goal, did he or did he not blow it

His goal or the goal of a tribe that can't fulfil it's own dream ? It's natural that folks like you no go get brain till eternity. Welcome to the new world. Your fathers fought, fought and lost. It is only natural that you continue in the footstep of a loser no one will blame that on you. We all understand it's inherited .

6 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:43am On May 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
From my vintage point here thousands of miles away from my beloved Nigeria, it's a shame to see our young people with venom and tribal bigotry of this kind. God help Nigeria. All this is unnecessary because the civil war ended 45 years ago . Nigerians should band together for the betterment of Nigeria. Many countries of the world have their differences and they still work together for the good of their respective nations. How come Nigeria is different ?. Enough of this tribal bashing please. It's appalling.

It's easy to talk from thousands of miles away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Lucasbalo(m): 5:47am On May 04, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

It's easy to talk from thousands of miles away
And it's easy for you to be a tribal bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:50am On May 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
And it's easy for you to be a tribal bigot.

No, it's natural for me

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Lucasbalo(m): 5:53am On May 04, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

No, it's natural for me
Good for you. Your mates are doing great in life and you are dwelling in hatred. Congratulations to you.

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:55am On May 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Good for you. Your mates are doing great in life and you are dwelling in hatred. Congratulations to you.

We all have our missions

12 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Lucasbalo(m): 5:56am On May 04, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

We all have our missions
Good. In my neck of the wood, that's a mission to failure.

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by dotfam2104(m): 6:01am On May 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Great man
Tinubu can never be like him
He's to corrupt to be like baba Awo
..... I think tinubu hz surpassed him in terms of political achievement nd tlkn abt corruption, baba wznt also clean.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:04am On May 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Good. In my neck of the wood, that's a mission to failure.

Like you said, you are thousands of miles away; talk is cheap

7 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by ImperialYoruba: 6:28am On May 04, 2015
If Awolowo took poison his burial would have been restricted to just family members, but if it was made public then the casket would not have been a see through or open.

The body of someone dying from poison gestation is a horrible sight to see.

Thank God for this picture, Awo's enemies can shut up and shove the fabricated lie about circumstance of death up their poisoned @$$.

11 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by akinegba1: 6:34am On May 04, 2015
ImperialYoruba:
If Awolowo took poison his burial would have been restricted to just family members, but if it was made public then the casket would not have been a see through or open.

Thank God for this picture, Awo's enemies can shut up and shove the fabricated lie about circumstance of death up their poisoned @$$.

Even my people confirmed to me that he took his own life for his involvement in a coup against IBB. Ibb was to disgracefully courtmartial him before he committed suicide. At times i feel inferior being yoruba.

24 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:42am On May 04, 2015
cc: Seun, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva

[size=18pt]The hate here is unbearable! Lock down this thread now.... may it never see front page!![/size] angry

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by akinegba1: 6:47am On May 04, 2015
As a yoruba I see nothing wrong with the thread. It's rather educative.seun please place this on the front page. Thank you

15 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:57am On May 04, 2015
BuddahMonk:
[size=13pt]Indirect rule was success in North, failure in East but in West nobody knew their stand till today, you cant say whether indirect rule was a success or a failure in West, everything about a people is sitting on the fence, unable to create a clear cut agenda and unable to speak with one strong voice.

In Confab, South went with resource control as part of the agenda, South East stood on resource control, South South stood on resource control, when it got to South West Lagos delegates where saying different things, yoloba delegates where saying another things(that everybody will control resources except oli), Afenifere was waiting to know what the North will say in order not to ruffle their feathers....this was how everything about resource control fall yakataaa[/size]
An SS 2 student of Government can tell you more about indirect rule. Don't be shy to ask.

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by mytime24(f): 7:03am On May 04, 2015
akinegba1:
I have heard severally that our leader committed suicide. Is it true house?
Lol, no wonda mama peace said she rather kill hersef dan to commit suicide grin
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:05am On May 04, 2015
ImperialYoruba:

During the funeral of Stella Obasanjo in Abeokuta, Anthony Anini confessed that the last time Nigerians gathered in a state burial was in 1987, during the funeral of Awolowo.
It's appaling that some people claim that Awolowo took his life when, according to them, he was close to being caught by Babangida whom he wanted to oust through a coup. Was it not the same Babangida that name the University of Ife after him?

6 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by ogbanje1(f): 7:20am On May 04, 2015
I can see his weird nose from here. grin

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by tonychristopher: 7:25am On May 04, 2015
All I can say. Is Nawa

What did he do seff?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 7:25am On May 04, 2015
Chief Obafemi Awolowo's death was not controversial.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Ujupsy: 7:25am On May 04, 2015
If Awo took his life he must be a serial losser

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by themodernman: 7:26am On May 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Only a f*ool will compare Ojukwu the coward, who initiated a war he was ill-prepared to wage, to an Awo. The same Agbari-Ojukwu that sacrificed and wasted 3-million of his kinsmen in a needless war, only to flee at the last minute to ivory coast. Obviously they haven't learned anything from that misadventure.

The chest-beaters should unite and return to their region in peace so they can have their Biafra peacefully. Then we will take them seriously. But if they start any shyt like the last time, there will be no mercy on them this time around.

Please why were the Biafrans migrating towards Ore during the war? Is Ore too part of Buafra? Can't they just sit in their goddamned region & carve their niche?

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by 4stylz: 7:31am On May 04, 2015
eazisky:

Was that what ur history lecturer told u abt him? its obvious, u are still bittered out of jealousy, that coward ojukwuless will never earn any respect from Nigerians like awolowo,

I am not igbo but ojukwu had a vision which many Nigerians cannot see; someday we will know that one nigeria is by force; hausas don't give a fu*ck about anybody; their's is just power!!

We are just hiding behind a crooked smile deceiving ourselves with comfab that there is love in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Meta00: 7:32am On May 04, 2015
iykofias:
A tribal legend! Nv knew d yorubas r buried wit their glasses on
Like seriously.... Have a respect for our fallen hero
Re: Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987 by Nobody: 7:34am On May 04, 2015
BuddahMonk:
[size=15pt]he said Nigeria is a mere geographical expression but when the opportunity came for him to have his country he used his traditional yoloba treachery, backstabbing and deceit to frustrate something he believed in.
what an ediot.

You know Nigeria is not a country why didn't you move a motion to have your own country because you lack the guts instead of living in a patch patch country, another person mustered the guts to have his own country you connived and frustrated the move only to come back and start trying to be the president of a no country or fairly ruler of a mere geographical expression.[/size]

[size=18pt]You couldn't have said it any better. The stu.pid Awo-lo-OLE thought he could frustrate the igbos by stealing their money and remitting only 1pound to them after the civil war. Who ever thought the Igbos being so resilient could bounce back and gain solid footing in the economy of Nigeria?

The thief and coward decided to end his life after IBB gave him an option of Imprisonment or indefinite exile. After his death, the sale of Otapiapia was given a boost as to the efficacy of it's "Kill and Dry" potents! grin grin grin[/size]

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Wike Invites Peter Obi For Commissioning Of Flyover In Rivers State (Photo) / Photos Of Tinubu Praying On A Chair In A Mosque / Photos Of President Tinubu And Akinwunmi Ambode At The Aso Rock Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.