Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo (1393 Views)

APC, A Ruling Party In Opposition - PDP / Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… / Jonathan Destroying Nigeria Before Handover – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by Gunnerson: 3:43pm On May 04, 2015
Yesterday in Maitama, a good friend of mine was intimating me on the power struggle and cold war brewing in the APC between the Bola Tinubu led ACN and some nPDP led by Bukola Saraki and from what he said, it may snowball into serious cracks.

The power struggle is for the Senate Presidency. Nigerians may wish to know why Tinubu wants to influence the choice at all cost. The game for 2019 has commenced since all available indications point to the fact that Buhari would not seek a second term.
strong person in Atiku. Of the 4 + 1 blocs, only 2 currently control things. Tinubu and Buhari hold sway. The exit of Sherif crippled the ANPP, there is no unity in nPDP because Kwankwaso has a separate agenda.

From his analysis, Tinubu is plotting to prevent Saraki from using the position of Senate President and the power of the National Assembly to build a cohesive national platform for 2019. Tinubu wants Tambuwal for President in 2019, while the Buhari group prefer El-rufai. Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso are all interested in becoming the president of Nigeria by 2019 as well.

At the moment, the CPC faction of the APC have the President, ACN has the Vice President, ANPP is rumoured to have been allocated the slot of SGF, nothing juicy for nPDP and Atiku yet. Saraki is therefore using Senate President as bargain for nPDP.

Tinubu got advantage of reciprocity against Buhari for 2019 or fight 1 enemy. It would be difficult for Buhari to fight 2 camps if Saraki gets the Senate Presidency. Tinubu’s reported withdrawal of interest in Akume for Ahmed Lawan is part of the all-cost desperation to deny Saraki of the Senate Presidency.

Meanwhile, Saraki has the backing of Amaech’s financial war chest as well as that of the nPDP except Kwankwaso and Wamakko who are not committed. Definitely all about interest. Tinubu’s support for Lawan may include a bargain for Deputy Senate President for his wife, meaning the South West may not get the Speakership of the House of Assembly. Tinubu the sharp man.

While all these are going on, the PDP who are now the minority in the Senate can help to install Saraki to spite Tinubu and make APC 2019 projection very clumsy. With 42 Senators under PDP out of 109 Senate seats in the next Assembly, PDP will determine the next Senate President.

The option of Lawan if all the APC Senators were to buy it, makes the faint hope and thought of David Mark’s return non-existence. But then, anything is possible in politics and I would be watching with keen interest on June 6 to see who get elected as the new Senate President.

With the way the cold war is going, Tinubu has elected to be a spoiler than to be the king maker. His reasoning is simple. Deny me my choice, I deny you Senate President.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 04, 2015
You all have been seeing crisis in the Apc even before they got registered. Please take your stupidly where it is needed.

5 Likes

Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 04, 2015
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by NCOIM(m): 4:04pm On May 04, 2015
APC

No need foe control,,,everything is under alarm grin grin

In short,,I comment my reserve angry
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 04, 2015
GMB my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by crownprince102: 5:11pm On May 04, 2015
Wow!!! Some pple are still basking in the euphoria of Gej's lost.

GMB won the election not up to 6 weeks and prediction of the outcome of his government has beclouded media houses.

It wasn't so in 2011, the name "Goodluck" fooled every Nigerian, intelligent or foolish. Even the writer of this trash lost his pen then to write anything.

I guess the bitterness Buhari's victory brought to his mind made him search for the Pen. He wrote the trash he couldn't when;
* Fuel subsidy was removed
* Fuel subsidey fund was missing
* 20 Billion was missing
* Immigration Scam occured
* 14000 were killed in the north
* Chibok girls and many others were kidnapped
* Millions was found in Oritsejafor's Jet in RSA
* Oil reserve has been drained by 50%.

Buhari has just won. Nonsense post, comment and articles has fueled the air.
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by Gbawe: 5:15pm On May 04, 2015
IyaIode:
You all have been seeing crisis in the Apc even before they got registered. Please take your stupidly where it is needed.

Don't mind them. If the APC, that just masterminded the electoral decimation and emasculation of the ruling Party, can be described a "divided empire" then what do we call the turmoil-stricken and extremely disunited PDP?

3 Likes

Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by omenka(m): 5:19pm On May 04, 2015
IyaIode:
Lmao. Your head dey fresh sister!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by themilanway(m): 5:29pm On May 04, 2015
Political analyst is now the trending job in the country.

What i dont know yet is if the job pays well.

Does any one have an idea?
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by ellechrystal(f): 5:29pm On May 04, 2015
Apc a time bomb waiting to explode
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by simpleseyi: 5:58pm On May 04, 2015
Shut the fvck up you losers.

1 Like

Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by millhouse: 6:27pm On May 04, 2015
we are watching
Re: APC: A Divided ‘empire’, Crisis Ridden Even Before Handover – By Oke Umurhohwo by barcaboi(m): 7:57pm On May 24, 2015
Gunnerson:
Yesterday in Maitama, a good friend of mine was intimating me on the power struggle and cold war brewing in the APC between the Bola Tinubu led ACN and some nPDP led by Bukola Saraki and from what he said, it may snowball into serious cracks.

The power struggle is for the Senate Presidency. Nigerians may wish to know why Tinubu wants to influence the choice at all cost. The game for 2019 has commenced since all available indications point to the fact that Buhari would not seek a second term.
strong person in Atiku. Of the 4 + 1 blocs, only 2 currently control things. Tinubu and Buhari hold sway. The exit of Sherif crippled the ANPP, there is no unity in nPDP because Kwankwaso has a separate agenda.

From his analysis, Tinubu is plotting to prevent Saraki from using the position of Senate President and the power of the National Assembly to build a cohesive national platform for 2019. Tinubu wants Tambuwal for President in 2019, while the Buhari group prefer El-rufai. Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso are all interested in becoming the president of Nigeria by 2019 as well.

At the moment, the CPC faction of the APC have the President, ACN has the Vice President, ANPP is rumoured to have been allocated the slot of SGF, nothing juicy for nPDP and Atiku yet. Saraki is therefore using Senate President as bargain for nPDP.

Tinubu got advantage of reciprocity against Buhari for 2019 or fight 1 enemy. It would be difficult for Buhari to fight 2 camps if Saraki gets the Senate Presidency. Tinubu’s reported withdrawal of interest in Akume for Ahmed Lawan is part of the all-cost desperation to deny Saraki of the Senate Presidency.

Meanwhile, Saraki has the backing of Amaech’s financial war chest as well as that of the nPDP except Kwankwaso and Wamakko who are not committed. Definitely all about interest. Tinubu’s support for Lawan may include a bargain for Deputy Senate President for his wife, meaning the South West may not get the Speakership of the House of Assembly. Tinubu the sharp man.

While all these are going on, the PDP who are now the minority in the Senate can help to install Saraki to spite Tinubu and make APC 2019 projection very clumsy. With 42 Senators under PDP out of 109 Senate seats in the next Assembly, PDP will determine the next Senate President.

The option of Lawan if all the APC Senators were to buy it, makes the faint hope and thought of David Mark’s return non-existence. But then, anything is possible in politics and I would be watching with keen interest on June 6 to see who get elected as the new Senate President.

With the way the cold war is going, Tinubu has elected to be a spoiler than to be the king maker. His reasoning is simple. Deny me my choice, I deny you Senate President.

God Bless Nigeria.

Number 1; have u forgotten Lawan/Akume have PDP in their CVs...Also, Mrs Tinubu has been heard saying her husband once said she'll never be used to blackmail him wch means she's not vying for any post. Hate tinubu or love him, he has vision. Saraki is too power drunk and if Tinubu wants Tambuwal, it's because he has what it takes and Nigerians love him.........all these are propaganda from haters mostly......The division shd be sorted out but I doubt tinubu or gmb will interfere

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Conversation Between PMB And Wife / Lady Electrocuted By Power Bank. Warning: Graphic Photo / Federal Government Colleges Of Extortion, Impunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.