Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (85705 Views)

Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by bukatyne(f): 3:53pm On May 05, 2015
onoja12:
Nothing made her change there is a saying YOU CANT CLAIM TO KNOW A WOMAN UNTIL YOU MARRY AM.women pretend a lot just to get married,i don't know why

We can say same for men also

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by daben1(m): 3:54pm On May 05, 2015
Just tell us it's your wife...
Well, woman that doesn't respect their husband is not worthy to be a wife, i think this is happening because you show
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by babygirlfl: 3:56pm On May 05, 2015
cococandy:
i actually typed a big post for him but later deleted it. How do you communicate with someone warped like that?

Like he said his type of wife are few. I'm glad they are. At least less of such women encouraging nonsense behavior among men.

You know what they say about predators carefully selecting their prey. Well he just showed us an example of how they do it.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by sewentybaba: 3:56pm On May 05, 2015
Put sleeping pills into her drink. Anytime she start, tell her to chill and offer a drink
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by daben1(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2015
Just tell us it's your wife...
Well, woman that doesn't respect her husband is not worthy to be a wife, i think this is happening because you showed her ''too much of love'' when you were dating.
well, b4 i marry any wife, i'll tell her the marriage is prone to divorce if she tries to be insolence...
Ask yourself, how long are you going to stay with a woman that doesn't respect you?

#peace!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by WILSON(f): 3:56pm On May 05, 2015
TOLERANCE, SUBMISSIVENESS, RESPECT, FORBEARANCE AND CHASTISE WHEN NEED BE shocked
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

He has a feeling she won't respect any family or third party opinion different from her own. reason he has not considered inviting any third party.

He has a feeling when He has not tried?

He needs to put in some effort since talking to her is not yielding results. Let him talk to his/her parents and pastor/elder she will listen to and if that fails, try independent counselors.

I also hope the husband is not a type of man who expects his wife to obey blindly without her opinion. Does he listen to her? Understand her points?

He can also look into the post below:

ibraheemoki:

If u still live her, try and google few issues on topic of discussion first b4 advising her so that by d time you tell her if she still insist on googling it she will find it to be true. After doing this for a while next thing u tell he she might not need to google for them before she belief u. Secondly in vase of the childs feeding, arrange for a doctor/nurse friend you van narrate the story to who van assist in discourage her by telling her the dangers involed in this fabricated or synthetic foods.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by tchiwinnie: 3:58pm On May 05, 2015
bukatyne:

What made her change after the wedding? Any incidence the husband can pinpoint to? Can you give specific instances of her 'stubbornness?'

Thinking divorce because of stubbornness, strange.
Its nt strange o. No man ll want to live wt a woman who s as stubborn as described. D bible even says it better to dwell in d housetop dan live in d same house wt a woman who nags

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by cococandy(f): 3:59pm On May 05, 2015
babygirlfl:

You know what they say about predators carefully selecting their prey. Well he just showed us an example of how they do it.
And worse is some 'normal' people who think his behavior is commendable.
#Shudders.
I weep.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Pakingzzz(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2015
Hi Nairalanders.. Here's the first House building machine in to be built in Nigeria.. The pix below is just what the machine will look like. The machine is called 3D house printer.
This machine will be capable of building a house from the floor level to the roofing level of a house without the direct involvement of human labour. The details are here; www.nairaland.com/2217438/sponsor-me-build-3d-house

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:01pm On May 05, 2015
Fight fire with fire.

If you are a good man, and consider yourself fair. Then let it be your way, or the highway.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by SStoneCCold: 4:01pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:
How best to handle a stubborn wife...when I say stubborn, I mean very stubborn...she doesn't listen nor take any advice or order from her husband...doesn't respect the man's opinion about anything...

On the few occasions, when she accepts she was wrong, she also want to be the judge in her own case. If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe. It's no exaggeration...this is how exactly she behaves.

Please note that she was the epitome of an humble woman before the wedding but as soon as the wedding bell rang, she became another thing entirely.

Please anyone with good idea on how to handle such women before divorce option?
She is a witch because I know where her sister lives! The best way to handle her is to be calm and always watch your back. Keep all your good plans to yourself.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by tchiwinnie: 4:01pm On May 05, 2015
@OP, Pray and pray. Prayer changes things.
Also try to overlook some of d things she does. Its nt easy, bt love conquers all.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by daben1(m): 4:04pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

Okay, for instance, when the baby came, she breast feeded him exclusively for six months and then the stage to introduce some food came..the baby wouldn't accept those frisogold, cerelac etc but accepts Ogi well but she continually force him to take those friso/cerel and each time, the baby cries endlesslly and later vomits everything. Then at about 10 months old, the baby would accept amala, and indomie on his own without been forced...then she brought in golden morn which the baby spits out the moment it touches his mouth...despite this, she started forcing him again...so the husband said don't give it to him any more...give what he is okay with. Rather than explain why she want to continue forcing him, she went and bought a bigger bag of the golden morn...then the husband threw it away...this happenned last Thursday and since then she has stopped greeting her husband and even prepare food when she like since then.
jeez!! The husband should take her to her parents to teach her some manners she's lacking, they should teach her how to stay in her husband's house...

Just laughing, if i was the man...!!
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by bukatyne(f): 4:05pm On May 05, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Its nt strange o. No man ll want to live wt a woman who s as stubborn as described. D bible even says it better to dwell in d housetop dan live in d same house wt a woman who nags

But the same Bible never prescribed divorce for stubbornness.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by daben1(m): 4:05pm On May 05, 2015
MRBrownJ:

what else is there to do but to explain to her that you desperately need to find the lady you were dating and proposed to, and not this stubborn being that she turned into, before you take drastic measures. if she decides to change, you have to monitor her to make sure that any time she slips, you bring her back to reality. since she possibly wont believe your threats, i suggest you go ahead with divorce planning to make sure she understands you means business.
it shall be well with you and your family!!
I like this!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by daben1(m): 4:09pm On May 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
@bolded, sorry just had to laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your wife is stubborn shaa.. nothing kills a man faster than losing his self respect esp at home... The problem here is communication. .

What caused the stubbornness she exhibits? Could it be you're too authoritative and she decided to toughen up? I ask because at your original post, you said she doesn't take orders from you.. how do you dish out the orders? Do you order her about like some househelp?? Is there any character of yours she may be angry about?
look at this one o, what if he's being too authoritative? Is he not the man?
Be a man oo!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by babygirlfl: 4:10pm On May 05, 2015
cococandy:

And worse 'normal' people who think his behavior is commendable.
#Shudders.
I weep.

True . It's really sad but then again who do you blame if not the women who have no respect for themselves. Sometimes I don't know whether to feel pity or anger towards them. How can you choose to be treated like that.

The funniest part is when these men kid themselves by saying how well they treat her now and bla bla bla. It reminds me of master slave relationship where a good slave is treated well to encourage other slaves to be good slave. One thing is sure, no matter how good they are as a slave, they are still a slave.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Lilimax(f): 4:12pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
The kind of woman I married are few. She hung at d door and cried and told me she was so sorry abt what she did. I was crying inside as she spoke amidst sobs. My heart bled. But I had to do it. I was abt to hand my life to some1. I needed the best. I did dat to two other ladies who coursed me and left my life for good. But this one wept and told me she so much loved me her life could crash or end by heartache if she left, and she confirmed she couldn't live a day without me. I would hav deciphered if she was feigning remorse. It wouldn't take me long. I am who I am.
I opened the door and brought her in. Till today she is not aware I faked that angst. I loved her more. I was loaded widout her knowledge. I got her her first car, a saloon as I proposed to her. She was just entering sch. We got married. She took in. At delivery of our first child, I got her a suv. We were young and full of life. I was living my life just to give her joy and all necessities of life. I loved her beyond words. When she took in for our second child, the conception was at a time a terrible moodswing hit my wife. I thot she had changed. She would pick up argument s with me and make faces a whole week just for no just cause. She quarreled wid my younger sisters at any slight provocation and sat all day in an unkempt home watching her regular, favourite fbi action movies. I was mesmerized. Little thins piss me up. But I endured this one. I was afraid somthing was wrong. After delivery of our second child, abt a year later, Like some1 that woke up from a nightmare, My wife came to me and complained she involuntarily wakes every morning with bouts of indescribable anger flourishing in her heart. Since that day I knew it was my turn by providence to show love and tolerance and understanding. I did. My wife went thro those tormentous days without knowing the reason why she was so angrily depressed. One day, She went consciously to my sisters and apologized. Spent more time with them and amended all errors. It's some years now and all those trying times are over, leaving behind funny reminisces only a good heart could understand. When a lady is good, she is good. Your own goodness tho might be regarded as weakness or greed by an incompatible third party. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do not regret my actions. Those ladies whose level of tolerance where below my recomended average had departed in good fate. I wished them luck and enduring love. My wife is now working and her welfare package, large as it is, is in my control on her insistence, with total abandon! She is selfless to a fault and prefares a one-lady lifestyle, upon the trappings of life chance and time have bestowed on her at her young age.
... My wife told me once: I see u not only as my husband but also as my father; reprimanding me in any way, as a father would her daughter, is lovingly accepted by me cause I trust yur sense of judgment and our kids would obey u for good if I myself obey u and succumb with respect; I love u to that point."
... There are many eager males and plenty of willing females in the world. If u stumble on yur right choice, love can let u into limitless tolerance. Many ladies are possesd by the destructive spirit of subconscious pride and seemingly suppressed self ego. The last creatures to know they need help allround. The few that are free hardly preach to their kind, The Message. Instead they vent the opposit of the message.
Dont do like me. I personally do not tally well long enoff with ladies who do not have the habit of accepting defeat wether they are right or wrong. Those type are good for one nite stand levels not for running a home. Pls find a way to be patient. If she is inherently a-self-worth-type of lady, u need to work harder on tolerance and never let yur praying knees get lazy. Goodluck.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by nairalife2013(m): 4:13pm On May 05, 2015
Ralphlauren:

You are SICK!

You need help. Asap !
I was sick when I was a single guy looking for enduring love. My wife has cured me. U know nothing abt real love. We are moderate in everything 'cept love - the only spot in our Family dictionary the word extremism is found.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by daben1(m): 4:14pm On May 05, 2015
johnshagb:
Stubborn kwanu? You hustle in the current harsh economy of ours just to make sure she's okay and you mean all she serve you is stubbornness everyday?
Bone that thing, na her papa house sure pass. If you develop high blood pressure and die from its complications (God forbid) she'll morn for a while and jump on the next man available. I don't pray for a broken home but I promise myself no woman will take me for a ride. YOLO
''na her papa house sure pass...''
These are men that don't take sh.it from women like me
e go better for you because of this post

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ralphlauren(m): 4:15pm On May 05, 2015
cococandy:

And worse is some 'normal' people who think his behavior is commendable.
#Shudders.
I weep.

I'm shocked too at the number of people commending the psycho.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by verycheese: 4:15pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

Okay, for instance, when the baby came, she breast feeded him exclusively for six months and then the stage to introduce some food came..the baby wouldn't accept those frisogold, cerelac etc but accepts Ogi well but she continually force him to take those friso/cerel and each time, the baby cries endlesslly and later vomits everything. Then at about 10 months old, the baby would accept amala, and indomie on his own without been forced...then she brought in golden morn which the baby spits out the moment it touches his mouth...despite this, she started forcing him again...so the husband said don't give it to him any more...give what he is okay with. Rather than explain why she want to continue forcing him, she went and bought a bigger bag of the golden morn...then the husband threw it away...this happenned last Thursday and since then she has stopped greeting her husband and even prepare food when she like since then.
so, you are not even the husband...but you are here on this behalf narrating what you don't know. Pls mind your biz.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by marquiseT(f): 4:16pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
The kind of woman I married are few. She hung at d door and cried and told me she was so sorry abt what she did. I was crying inside as she spoke amidst sobs. My heart bled. But I had to do it. I was abt to hand my life to some1. I needed the best. I did dat to two other ladies who coursed me and left my life for good. But this one wept and told me she so much loved me her life could crash or end by heartache if she left, and she confirmed she couldn't live a day without me. I would hav deciphered if she was feigning remorse. It wouldn't take me long. I am who I am. I opened the door and brought her in. Till today she is not aware I faked that angst. I loved her more. I was loaded widout her knowledge. I got her her first car, a saloon as I proposed to her. She was just entering sch. We got married. She took in. At delivery of our first child, I got her a suv. We were young and full of life. I was living my life just to give her joy and all necessities of life. I loved her beyond words. When she took in for our second child, the conception was at a time a terrible moodswing hit my wife. I thot she had changed. She would pick up argument s with me and make faces a whole week just for no just cause. She quarreled wid my younger sisters at any slight provocation and sat all day in an unkempt home watching her regular, favourite fbi action movies. I was mesmerized. Little thins piss me up. But I endured this one. I was afraid somthing was wrong. After delivery of our second child, abt a year later, Like some1 that woke up from a nightmare, My wife came to me and complained she involuntarily wakes every morning with bouts of indescribable anger flourishing in her heart. Since that day I knew it was my turn by providence to show love and tolerance and understanding. I did. My wife went thro those tormentous days without knowing the reason why she was so angrily depressed. One day, She went consciously to my sisters and apologized. Spent more time with them and amended all errors. It's some years now and all those trying times are over, leaving behind funny reminisces only a good heart could understand. When a lady is good, she is good. Your own goodness tho might be regarded as weakness or greed by an incompatible third party. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I do not regret my actions. Those ladies whose level of tolerance where below my recomended average had departed in good fate. I wished them luck and enduring love. My wife is now working and her welfare package, large as it is, is in my control on her insistence, with total abandon! She is selfless to a fault and prefares a one-lady lifestyle, upon the trappings of life chance and time have bestowed on her at her young age.
... My wife told me once: I see u not only as my husband but also as my father; reprimanding me in any way, as a father would her daughter, is lovingly accepted by me cause I trust yur sense of judgment and our kids would obey u for good if I myself obey u and succumb with respect; I love u to that point."
... There are many eager males and plenty of willing females in the world. If u stumble on yur right choice, love can let u into limitless tolerance. Many ladies are possesd by the destructive spirit of subconscious pride and seemingly suppressed self ego. The last creatures to know they need help allround. The few that are free hardly preach to their kind, The Message. Instead they vent the opposit of the message.
Dont do like me. I personally do not tally well long enoff with ladies who do not have the habit of accepting defeat wether they are right or wrong. Those type are good for one nite stand levels not for running a home. Pls find a way to be patient. If she is inherently a-self-worth-type of lady, u need to work harder on tolerance and never let yur praying knees get lazy. Goodluck.

its nice that "beat her black and blue, if she does not leave" she is a wife material worked for you but let the people who are inspired by you know it is not the litmus test for a wife material, and you should know that those that left you have valid reasons to, according to you-you kept other ladies, nagged, got angry over little issues and to sum it up, you battered and locked some out in the rain. Its obvious you wanted "whatever our daddy says" kind of woman not some one with good self worth. You have told us how happy you are and how much money you have showered on her but we dont know how happy she is or if her opinion matters, if her voice is heard , if she is part of the decision making process, if she always has to accept defeat in every argument, if you still beat her? Congrats, you got a good wife
but if the remaining men on earth are like you i will rather remain single...

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by daben1(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2015
Koolking:
You needn't sweat over a stubborn wife...life is too short. The simplest available option is to send her on exile of no return. I am allergic to "for better for worse".

What nonsense!!!
hahahahahahaha... Make i hear say ''for better for worse''
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by delishpot: 4:19pm On May 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
My wife turned bad two years after marriage. She was a perfect companion when we were dating.in the early times, I put her through rigorous tests like starving her of money, complaining a lot, keeping another girl and generally misbehaving once in a while. She was still religiously accomodating, forgiving, loving and highly respectful. I wasnt satisfied. I craved to see the worst in her, so I had to one day feign anger over a little kitchen error she committed. I had to gritt my teeth and do something venom-inspiring. Am a goodman no amount of punishment over and error am guilty of can turn me against my wife or any1 else, no matter the weight. If she is a wrong lady, she will display it today in her full glory. I wanted a wife I can trust. I dindt want to repeat the errors my parents made. That day I battered and pushed her out of my house into the rain and locked my door. The nite was just begining to inherit the earth. Time was 6.30pm

Many wives become like that if the husband is overbearing. They get to a point where they believe that fire is used to quench fire.
Many partners experiencing such have treated the other roughly before and have kept doing it By the time you realize your mistake or cool down, the other partner has adopted that way of reasoning and even worse.
Call her and talk things over. Tell her you two need to stop pushing abd shoving you want peace in your home.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:
How best to handle a stubborn wife...when I say stubborn, I mean very stubborn...she doesn't listen nor take any advice or order from her husband...doesn't respect the man's opinion about anything...

On the few occasions, when she accepts she was wrong, she also want to be the judge in her own case. If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe. It's no exaggeration...this is how exactly she behaves.

Please note that she was the epitome of an humble woman before the wedding but as soon as the wedding bell rang, she became another thing entirely.

Is the sex good ?

No wonder, you ignored the warning signs..
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Projectors(m): 4:23pm On May 05, 2015
I will suggest the husband report her to somebody that can talk to her, I mean somebody that she respect and regard.

It might be her friend, her parent, a neighbourhood elder that she relate with or somebody who can handle such situation.

It's very difficult when one have a stubborn wife, she can kill without knowing.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by matthennessy(m): 4:23pm On May 05, 2015
U handle her well :-D
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by boykas(m): 4:25pm On May 05, 2015
O God...this Is what's happening to me right now.. But I still love my wife and the kid she had for me..i don't know what to do than send her mother for some time. Am really not happy at the moment and am loosing concentration at work..God should lead me thru

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by jpphilips(m): 4:25pm On May 05, 2015
netsurf:

Very easy, use sanctions and be ready to push to the limits

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Coefficient(m): 4:26pm On May 05, 2015
Don't end up like Efe & Jude in Punch newspaper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.