Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. (27525 Views)

Lawmakers Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances In Abuja (photos) / FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Abia State Government Special Announcement On Salaries And Pensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by PassingShot(m): 6:51am On May 06, 2015
Nicepoker:
listen to international news. Not nairaland news and u will discover that they cry more than us.

Which of them? Forget about Libya and Venezuela because theirs is caused by different problems entirely.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by eaglechild: 6:51am On May 06, 2015
boolet:
PDP campaign funds was sure double of the amount borrowed.
Where do you think APC campaign funds came from if not from the same government by various APC state governments.

We are witnessing harsh times because of the crash in oil prices and because of very lazy and non innovative state governments who have refused to rise up and generate revenue to run their states.

We really need resource control and regional government in this country so that some regions can sit upm

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 6:51am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

We need to first ask of what happened to all the billions we earned?

We need to worry about the fact that Nigeria is the only OPEC member affected by the drop in crude price.

Bro, it's troubling.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 6:52am On May 06, 2015
micktoxin:

Each country should be declared independent and allocated a start up fund like USA did before world war 1.In hindsight, if the government had done that like 10 years ago, economies of states like Lagos state would have developed to three times what it is now.
I don't understand why Nigerian government is not even doing this? In fact many foreign investors will flock into lagos, because it offers less restrictions.
We have too many deadwood states like ekiti and osun, and many more in the north who contribute nothing into the economy. By following USA model, every states will be forced to think and invest wisely in their own states.
There are lots of states going bankrupt in USA of which the central government haven't offered to help them in US, as this will be at the detriment of states with great economies.
In most western world each country improve their best performing states. If you go to England you will realise London contribute more than 30% into the United Kingdom economy. This is because they keep developing London to compete with other mega cities like Newyork and Hong Kong.
Lagos should have gone really far, the federal government is definitely holding them back.
We don't need the UK/England model. A fiscal federalism model will open competition among states of the Lower Niger Region and South Western region, while the Northern region will want to prove some point. It is very healthy for our development and will mitigate most of these recurring situation

4 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Israel5(m): 6:53am On May 06, 2015
Yomieluv:
borrow?

when the clueless one spent many billions to pursue a failed agenda. these people think we are fools, Africa leaders are simply devil's incarnate.
u like othrs ar nt fools. D only thng u cn do abt it hs bin done. U voted so wait.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Acidosis(m): 6:55am On May 06, 2015
Subsidy will not be removed!

Bakare, Tinubu & Fashola must hold another protest in Lagos against Buhari, and we expect Buhari to fight back with soldiers, hehehehe

Una never see anything! Bunch of hypocrites!

Kogi remains the richest state in Nigeria but the Nigerian government since independence has refused to tap into our diverse resources. I really cannot wait for the implementation of "fiscal federalism and resource control." However, I'm not expecting this under a Buhari government whose region has NOTHING to contribute to its people aside terrorism and 'born to rule' policies.

You cannot do the same thing continuously and expect different results, those who sold their liberty (CONFAB), in exchange for pottage (Asaro) via the unscrupulous CHANGE leaders, will live to witness this grave mistake.

Some Local Govt in my states haven't paid salaries since last year, even the richest lgas are struggling to pay half salaries. I pity Civil Servants, especially those who fought the govt upon an attempt to remove subsidy some years back.

In this same country, some level 08 govt workers in some special "agencies" earn above N200,000k monthly with mega bonuses; yet some masters holders (09 above) in some lgas and states, with untapped resources worth trillions, barely get N80,000/monthly. Level 09 workers in Kogi earn less than N80k smh*

The same poorly paid workers won't stop campaigning for lazy sango herbalists who cannot think of any viable industry to keep the state moving. These herbalists would rather sit back in govt house whilst expecting fg allocation. For crying out loud, when will this allocation mentality stops?

What are we celebrating?
N5000 stipends for graduates (Some graduates spent N500,000 per semester)

Free food (pottage and watery beans) for public school kids

LOL

3 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by PassingShot(m): 6:55am On May 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, it's troubling.

More troubling especially when you have been to UAE, Qatar, KSA, Kuwait (all practicing monarchy where their citizens hardly have the audacity to even ask any questions about how their wealth is managed); I bet you that you will wish to personally meet any of our past leaders (especially OBJ and GEJ) and do proper justice to them.

4 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by steveandjohn224: 6:56am On May 06, 2015
Can u sing ? Do u have a good song, hv u done a demo or mastered song, Email me let me make u a super star..
Send ur name, age, 5 by 7 picture, phone number and address. Steveandjohn224@gmail.com.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by ikevin(m): 6:58am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:
In a matter of few years to come, you will become a point of reference for good. This legacy of one man one vote & making our votes count in a free & fair election that you are leaving behind will surely put you in the right side of history. None of your predecessors ever did that. Thanks for giving our votes a voice even if you didn't benefit from it directly now. Long live Your Excellency. This is the Goodluck you are leaving behind for all Nigerians.

as the incoming government destroy yours with insurgent and propaganda they will have it rough as the stormy sea

so shall it be

if it didn't happen know I'm not called
why do you feel comfortable cursing a country you come from, simply because you do not like the face of the incoming president. I have lost most of my hope on my fellow Nigerian youth, just write things without reasoning. Just filled with hate and tribalistic tendincies.

5 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by PassingShot(m): 6:59am On May 06, 2015
eaglechild:

Where do you think APC campaign funds came from if not from the same government by various APC state governments.

We are witnessing harsh times because of the crash in oil prices and because of very lazy and non innovative state governments who have refused to rise up and generate revenue to run their states.

We really need resource control and regional government in this country so that some regions can sit upm

Please blame the FG for the mismanagement of our earnings. Little blame goes to the states.

Are you saying that not having resource control and regional government are good justification for this woeful failure of our FG?

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by boolet: 7:01am On May 06, 2015
eaglechild:

That is not reason enough. Despite the crash in whatever, a large number of people constantly loot the largesse. Nigeria is no Chad, we are wealthy enough.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by derolemode(m): 7:02am On May 06, 2015
GEJ & the rest thought that twas gonna be easy spending spending & spending. I now hate GEJ & buhari not less because the former told us that the economy was good but wen we found out twas a lie there came the latter and promised us heaven on earth but few days to his exit he is campaining for anoda 4 years saying the one he is yet to be sworn in is not enough. I believed in evolution but I'm forced to be a revolution
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:04am On May 06, 2015
Nobody should complain because you all have been praising and supporting GEJ administration. Nigeria keeps falling apart every second.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by omonnakoda: 7:06am On May 06, 2015
BigBen10:
Nigeria haa not learnt at all.
Untill we realise that we are a poor country with
an underperforming economy we won't move
very fast.
Truth is we have to generate more income both
at federal level and especially at the state level.
how? not by increasing tax but by vigorously
producing products of different kinds and selling
them in order to earn. In other words we have to
do business as a nation or state. until we do that
state will keep having problems paying salaries
when the national income dwindles.
Do business as a nation state ? Doo you mean the government should start manufacturing?

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by virus05(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2015
otokx:
Kerosene subsidy has been shown to be a scam - it should be discontinued. GEJ should do the needful and proscrbibe that subsidy with adequate gazetting.
Why are u calling Gej's name..so u want make e finish everytin...so that buhari go come relax abi
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by danny301: 7:09am On May 06, 2015
Now that this Voodoo Economist is admitting that the country is broke is the right to ask some important questions. What happened to all the money earned when crude oil was all time high under this very govt? Both the Foreign reserve and sovereign wealth fund were depleted by more than 50b dollars, what was the money used for ? This government borrowed more than any other govt in the history of Nigeria, where did all the money go?... And to think that some persons wanted this same persons to continue at the helm of affairs for the next four years... What a country! What a people!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:10am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

More troubling especially when you have been to UAE, Qatar, KSA, Kuwait (all practicing monarchy where their citizens hardly have the audacity to even ask any questions about how their wealth is managed). I bet you that you will wish to personally meet any of our past leaders (especially OBJ and GEJ) and do proper justice to them.

Exactly. Once a nation misses it in leadership, it's doomed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Teespice(f): 7:10am On May 06, 2015
if Nigeria were to be a company, we would be declared bankrupt.

we are not borrowing money for capital projects but for salaries.

what happened to all the money in the coffers.

I only wonder what will happen if Jonathan was in power for another four years. this one will then mean that our accounts will be as dry as Sahara when he leaves.

I really can't wait for the Otuoke fisherman to leave. he's the most corrupt Nigerian president I have ever seen. the women who have surrounded him are far worse. They control two sensitive areas of Nigerian economy but yet nadaaaaasa.

I am so pissed, I can't even continue. shame.

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:11am On May 06, 2015
This pig-faced woman is plunging us into more and more debt. #neveragain shall a woman take our nation for a ride.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by DaBullIT(m): 7:14am On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
Useless government, and they waisted Trillions on election.

right out of my mouth , approximately 5 Billion Naira to pay salaries was borrowed, but they used excess of 1.5 Trillion for Election campaign , goes to show how important Masses are to them compared to re-election bid ..

2 trillion, that's how many zeros self ?
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On May 06, 2015
Stelvin101:
Nobody should complain because you all have been praising and supporting GEJ administration. Nigeria keeps falling apart every second.

The joke is on all those who fought his policies (CONFAB, attempt to remove subsidy, you lots even criticised him for renovating airports in the east and south south) Oh you want it all in Lagos, so all other states can remain dormant and stagnant?

Some states haven't paid salaries yet they have mineral resources worth trillions. Rather than fight for policies that will enable them dig the soil, explore their resources, employ their graduates (instead of running to Lagos & Abuja after NYSC), and manage their wealth appropriately, y'all said NO, because y'all know your governors have zero understanding on investment, business transformation, and resource control.

The joke is on You all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by hakinze00(m): 7:15am On May 06, 2015
so they stil borrow money?? I thought because they didnt want to borrow that why our petrol value have fallen and exchange rate sky rocketed

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:16am On May 06, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, diversification of the economy is good but don't you think that the government should empower states via fiscal federalism and resource control to tackle the ever growing economic challenge? We have a situation where all the burdens of the 36 states and 774 LGAs rest on the shoulder of the center, this is in addition to the responsibility of the Federal Government. This kind of system create room for Lazy administrators at State and Local level, and also encourage mismanagement. Nigeria can't continue this way and expect significant progress.
exactly...true federalism will jolt state governors to be innovative and responsible rather than being indolent waiting for the FG to feed them...then corrruption can be fought clearly....state indigenes can better hold there governors accountable...

The nigerian problem is so crazy..

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by idupaul: 7:17am On May 06, 2015
I Smell hard times for a Buhari led Govt.. Kai Jonathan was a useless President..

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by coonett87: 7:17am On May 06, 2015
Those who are against fuel subsidy removal years ago using #OccupyNigeria and sleeping on streets with their mats are now canvassing for removal of subsidy. It is high time we know what we want and avoid sentiments in Nigeria which is a major problem in this country. GMB govt. has a lot to do as Nigeria hopes on them to deliver the CHANGE.

GOD BLESS NAIRALAND
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
PEACE & UNITY

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Fabzgrace(f): 7:18am On May 06, 2015
FG pls pay my dad his contract money You've been owing my dad for 3years

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by erumena(m): 7:18am On May 06, 2015
Gejpresident:
In a matter of few years to come, you will become a point of reference for good. This legacy of one man one vote & making our votes count in a free & fair election that you are leaving behind will surely put you in the right side of history. None of your predecessors ever did that. Thanks for giving our votes a voice even if you didn't benefit from it directly now. Long live Your Excellency. This is the Goodluck you are leaving behind for all Nigerians.

as the incoming government destroy yours with insurgent and propaganda they will have it rough as the stormy sea

so shall it be

if it didn't happen know I'm not called

Did you even bother to read the post?
A Govt you are praising is leaving behind trails of debts and confusion after having years of oil boom and all you can do is to rain curse on those speaking the truth? Fear God!

4 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Holddat(m): 7:18am On May 06, 2015
What kinda country is dis God

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:19am On May 06, 2015
Acidosis:

The joke is on all those who fought his policies (CONFAB, attempt to remove subsidy, you lots even criticised him for renovating airports in the east and south south) Oh you want it all in Lagos, so all other states can remain dormant and stagnant?

Some states haven't paid salaries yet they have mineral resources worth trillions. Rather than fight for policies that will enable them dig the soil, explore their resources, employ their graduates (instead of running to Lagos & Abuja after NYSC), and manage their wealth appropriately, y'all said NO, because y'all know your governors have zero understanding on investment, business transformation, and resource control.

The joke is on You all.

You say
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by amaze50(m): 7:20am On May 06, 2015
Burger01:
Useless and very corrupt governmentangry

Dem steal all the money in naija to enrich their pockets.

Dem steal every stealable money to do political mudslinging and hate campaign against Buhari who God has blessed and fortified.

Still dem steal and share subsidy money for subsidy scam.

Dem steal and share money meant to fight terrorism and chibok girls scam.

Now, dem come tell us they 'burrow' N473b to pay salaries and overheads!!

Thunder fire you all. In fact, you all should be jailed. Worst and very corrupt government Nigerians ever regrettably voted forangry
Oooh my broda your jst sooO right. They want 2 frustrate and make the it hard4 the incoming govt. There is God oooOh

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Acidosis(m): 7:20am On May 06, 2015
Fabzgrace:
FG pls pay my dad his contract money You've been owing my dad for 3years

Buhari will pay your dad is contract money, even though over a million pensioners with unpaid gratuity are groaning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Same Amadi: Adeleke's Appeal Of Tribunal's Decision Will Fail / Inside The Nigeria Legislative Council In 1940(pics) / Anambra Election: INEC Official Absconds With 40 Result Sheets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.