Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. (27523 Views)

Lawmakers Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances In Abuja (photos) / FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Abia State Government Special Announcement On Salaries And Pensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:21am On May 06, 2015
DaBullIT:

right out of my mouth , approximately 5 Billion Naira to pay salaries was borrowed, but they used excess of 1.5 Trillion for Election campaign , goes to show how important Masses are to them compared to re-election bid ..

2 trillion, that's how many zeros self ?

Do you believe such amount of money was used for campaigns? Any empirical evidence? This una propaganda machine is well oiled!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by coldFLARES1(m): 7:22am On May 06, 2015
I'd need some education on the time period covered in our budget calendar, especially given the fact that budget is yet to be passed in May and that marketers are already being owed 200bn naira. For me, what this means is that no provision is made for the period Buhari's presidency would begin. Again, that is not much of a concern for me because Buhari's team has Tam the magician who has consistently argued that subsidy is a fraud. At this point, Nigerians should be united in condemning a PhD who wasted our years of surplus like a drunk and is now degenerated to borrowing to pay salaries, while we must depress our tall expectations of the incoming administration and allow them time to work out creative solutions to the quagmire we are in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by bayulll01(m): 7:22am On May 06, 2015
Am not surprised is only a retard that don't know that this country is broke,you borrow money to pay salaries,and some educated illiterate are saying gej is a good man,you keep borrowing money for recurring expenditures,where are the moroon that keep defending him,and. People that call him role model

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:23am On May 06, 2015
IzonOwei:
exactly...true federalism will jolt state governors to be innovative and responsible rather than being indolent waiting for the FG to feed them...then corrruption can be fought clearly....state indigenes can better hold there governors accountable...

The nigerian problem is so crazy..
We are in a very crazy situation my guy. Lazy and confuse bunch of people that call themselves leaders. Everybody want to share OYEL, nobody is thinking.

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by micktoxin(m): 7:26am On May 06, 2015
barcanista:
We don't need the UK/England model. A fiscal federalism model will open competition among states of the Lower Niger Region and South Western region, while the Northern region will want to prove some point. It is very healthy for our development and will mitigate most of these recurring situation
London was just an illustration of how much a city can carry a country if a proper investment are made. I read an article saying Lagos economy in gdp (current 90) should have been around $250 bill (Aprox half of current Nig gdp), if the government had decentralised and given lagos state more power 10 years ago. UK is one of the most centralised in the developed world, local council can't even make their own laws, which is the opposite direction Nigeria should be following. Nevertheless, while it's true fiscal system will benefit the whole state, it still needs to focus on large cities or countries in the case of Eu (See Eu fiscal policy) to function properly.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:26am On May 06, 2015
santity100:
Are other oil exporting countries also crying over falling prices ?

Our leaders are to be blamed, 16 years of democracy we are still in the past. DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY PLS !!!!!

For now it is a good feeling that this JONATHAN has been voted out by Nigerians but the messes he is going to leave might make governance hell for the incoming.

I believe with good management, there should be other sources of generating revenue to move us forward even if it is just ELECTRICITY and SECURITY during APC's first term.

And again, buhari should be able to generate billions of dollars by recouping billions of dollars looted, starting from JONATHAN himself and others.

Top of the range clueless, insensitive, cruel human being that raise inpunity, tribalism, corruption, religion partisan to the highest level since independence.

No need to mention HIS name .. lol
exactly what I recommended...dont even arrest the thieves...make them return every dime stolen and then leave them to enjoy nothingness...

GEJ really was a disappointment I have to say... angry....so much monies missing and spent to the detriment of the masses...
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Acidosis(m): 7:26am On May 06, 2015
IzonOwei:
exactly...true federalism will jolt state governors to be innovative and responsible rather than being indolent waiting for the FG to feed them...then corrruption can be fought clearly....state indigenes can better hold there governors accountable...

The nigerian problem is so crazy..

Unfortunately that won't happen in a Buhari govt. The north believe in feeding the poor (almajiri, N5000 stipends for able and agile youths, hot pottage for kids, etc). smiley.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Burger01(m): 7:26am On May 06, 2015
amaze50:
Oooh my broda your jst sooO right. They want 2 frustrate and make the it hard4 the incoming govt. There is God oooOh
This is just not fair. There is God o. And to think there are still enough skeletons in the cupboard that the incoming government would be shocked to discover. sad
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:30am On May 06, 2015
micktoxin:

London was just an illustration of how much a city can carry a country if a proper investment are made. I read an article saying Lagos economy in gdp (current 90) should have been around $250 bill (Aprox half of current Nig gdp), if the government had decentralised and given lagos state more power 10 years ago. UK is one of the most centralised in the developed world, local council can't even make their own laws, which is the opposite direction Nigeria should be following. Nevertheless, while it's true fiscal system will benefit the whole state, it still needs to focus on large cities or countries in the case of Eu (See Eu fiscal policy) to function properly.
Oga Lagos is not the capital of Nigeria though it is presently the economic hub of Nigeria. A true Federal State will yield establishment of lots of infrastructures in the SS and SE, especially the ports. Many organisation will shift their corporate base to the cities down south. Airports, Seaports and others will be opened. There will be lots of competition. The reason why Lagos enjoy autonomy of some of these things is because of our present structure. The FG does not need to give any city advantage, let everybody run themselves by themselves.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 06, 2015
This is exactly how timipri silva of bayelsa borrowed money and stole the money... grin

Sometimes I think nigerian leaders are cursed with corruption... grin...thief wan kill us...we are cursed infact...

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:33am On May 06, 2015
Acidosis:

Unfortunately that won't happen in a Buhari govt. The north believe in feeding the poor (almajiri, N5000 stipends for able and agile youths, hot pottage for kids, etc). smiley.
grin...lets hope he thinks along that path...

Lets hope...

Because nigeria might just be heading for a rock collision..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by mcprince32(m): 7:35am On May 06, 2015
Eko ooni baje.
Without mincing words, Jimi Agbaje is the ordained Governor of Lagos State. Quote me right.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:35am On May 06, 2015
barcanista:
We are in a very crazy situation my guy. Lazy and confuse bunch of people that call themselves leaders. Everybody want to share OYEL, nobody is thinking.
meanwhile we have solid minerals..we can go back to the days when cocoa was produced in commercial quantity..weve got rubber...groundnut nkor??..everybody has simply forgotten about all of that and stuck to oil...

I am afraid for this country...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:37am On May 06, 2015
IzonOwei:
This is exactly how timipri silva of bayelsa borrowed money and stole the money... grin

Sometimes I think nigerian leaders are cursed with corruption... grin...thief wan kill us...we are cursed infact...

I used to wear out myself over these issues in time past.....not anymore. ....The masses are not ready yet for them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by amaze50(m): 7:37am On May 06, 2015
This boy tink he is not wise ,well I agree wit u 4 tinkin that way.I bet u your not called by eny 1 not even a native doctor
ikevin:
why do you feel comfortable cursing a country you come from, simply because you do not like the face of the incoming president. I have lost most of my hope on my fellow Nigerian youth, just write things without reasoning. Just filled with hate and tribalistic tendincies.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Ellashow: 7:41am On May 06, 2015
Nigeria is finished..
Imagine, Government of borrow, borrow with nothing to show for it such as, electricity, security, health facilities, high level of unemployment etc

The emergent of new government has really exposed the rots in Gej led government.

Thank God I chose 'illiterate devil President' according to Taniod to 'incompetent devil President'.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by DaBullIT(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Do you believe such amount of money was used for campaigns? Any empirical evidence? This una propaganda machine is well oiled!

Says the person whose USERNAME is Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha, the Governor who sneaked out of Nigeria in female attire whose wardrobe was filled with hundreds of millions of dollars and Naira .. I nor blame you

Your GEJ said the actual amount when he called for investigations on how the fund was spent . moreso , in this age , information is readily available , especially against your GEJ , for instance, his phone call to concede elections is on youtube , Someone recorded the Fayose, Fani Kayode and co's election rigging meeting, don't get me started on it

Go to that corner ,

Kneel down, raise up your hand and close your eyes

grin grin grin grin Ntooor

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by fsb(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2015
As some have said earlier, fiscal federalism and diversification of the economy are all fantastic ideas to implement, it will all fail because nothing has been done about the root cause which is institutionalized corruption.

The system must be one that rewards hard work and innovation and should also reward corruption with jail time and steep fines and not bargaining.

In the period of dwindling resources, we need to cut cost of governance. There is no reason to pay for domestic servants, drivers, gardeners, foreign medical trips etc. No reason to give lawmakers constituency allowances, what for? We already have 3 tiers of government and several MDAs in between them to develop infrastructures so what are constituency allowances for. Lawmakers should get a life. No one gets a job in Nigeria, gets salary and then gets paid to sit at work separately (sitting allowance).

Make GMB hire me make I use vexation cut costs madly. All the savings can be channeled to infrastructure...roads, health care, education and security.

3 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:42am On May 06, 2015
IzonOwei:
meanwhile we have solid minerals..we can go back to the days when cocoa was produced in commercial quantity..weve got rubber...groundnut nkor??..everybody has simply forgotten about all of that and stuck to oil...

My brother, sometimes I feel pained that we suffer despite our potentials

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Ephemmm: 7:44am On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
Useless government, and they wasted Trillions on election.

Honestly, oloriburuku ni woman yen ooooo....
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:46am On May 06, 2015
Of course I am not surprised.

A resource dependent economy is more vulnerable to debt than a non-resource dependent economy.

Simple fact....when you are oil dependent...times are good when oil prices are high. Times are bad when oil prices are low. (as those who grew up in the 1970's and 1980's can testify to).

Nigeria should forget about oil. Oil is an ill wind that blows no one any good. Nigeria should practice true fiscal federalism....by people making their state governors work harder to develop the states into mini-Singapores....industrially and innovative economies. (That is what true fiscal federalism is...not ''The Hausas are chopping our oil money...so we must chop too! grin).

But I know Nigerians.....somehow we think that there is a national plum fruit cake that is 100000000-tiered...and never runs out. The cold reality is that the cake is really a N100 loaf of bread.

Oil is a curse.

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by samsard(m): 7:46am On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
And you actually believe that they spent Trillions? Please spare me the dry joke.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:47am On May 06, 2015
IzonOwei:

They have their plans. True ffederalism is the way forward. Everybody must bring what they have to the table. No more parasitic laziness. ..
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by micktoxin(m): 7:47am On May 06, 2015
PassingShot:

While I agree that we need to diversify the economy, there is nothing spectacular that Emirates did that has made them to keep their head above the water other than robust management of their earnings. Our problem has been the looting of our earnings with reckless abandon.
Not spectacular? Maybe not for UAE for various reasons I don't have time to go into. However, this is the income breakdown for Dubai, which is the second largest economy in UAE after ABUDHABI.
Real estate and construction (22.6%), trade (16%), entrepot (15%) and financial services (11%) are the largest contributors to Dubai's economy.
Considering oil and gas revenue, with the exception of investment from UAE, was responsible for 80% of Dubai's income in the early 90s, if that's not spectacular I don't know what is. Dubai has been one of the diversification success stories of the 21st century.

4 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:50am On May 06, 2015
dearpreye:

I used to wear out myself over these issues in time past.....not anymore. ....The masses are not ready yet for them!
exactly...the masses are not ready yet..but recently I think they had a brain reset in bayelsa...despite the monies paid as bribe to the brass people to vote for timipri silva,they still chose to vote for ben murray bruce...how on earth can a man like sylva that stole bayelsa dry and showed a high level of irresponsibility run for the senatorial position??...our leaders are mad..

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by chigoizie7(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2015
All these cork and bull will end the moment electricity is stabilised, more than 50% of PMS consumed in this country is by generator consumers(both SME's and household) in the same vain, kerosene consumption is very high, we now have electric cooker/burners,electric kettles for hot water. With all these,this subsidy of a thing can be reduced with over 70%. Thus enough savings and less borrowing for all I know, borrowing for recurrent expenditures is kind of a Bad loan(because it was not invested so as to yield profit for its pay back and interests incurred from the borrowing)

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by jadakiss213(m): 7:51am On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
Olodo oshi,nor be only trillion,na Zillions! Am sure you saw there was 50 percent drop in the revenue of a country and u want things to remain the same..Una never see anything yet.#babaonechance don dey fidget sef..You think say to rule Nigeria na joke
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:51am On May 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Of course I am not surprised.

A resource dependent economy is more vulnerable to debt than a non-resource dependent economy.

Simple fact....when you are oil dependent...times are good when oil prices are high. Times are bad when oil prices are low. (as those who grew up in the 1970's and 1980's can testify to).

Nigeria should forget about oil. Oil is an ill wind that blows no one any good. Nigeria should practice true fiscal federalism....by people making their state governors work harder to develop the states into mini-Singapores....industrially and innovative economies. (That is what true fiscal federalism is...not ''The Hausas are chopping our oil money...so we must chop too! grin).

But I know Nigerians.....somehow we think that there is a national plum fruit cake that is 100000000-tiered...and never runs out. The cold reality is that the cake is really a N100 loaf of bread.

Oil is a curse.

No. Oil is a blessing. Visit Abuja and conform that! Every single resource can be a blessing or curse, depending on the people handling it.

We're suffering from decades of laziness occasioned by the discovery and exploration of oil in the ND. Everyone else has refused to develop the resources found at their backyard. ..its all the OIL now. ...

We have never had visionary and disciplined leadership; we have just thieves and criminals parading the political atmosphere. ....

True federalism is the way to go!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by ceejay80s(m): 7:55am On May 06, 2015
micktoxin:

Electricity should be among the main agenda, as it is one of the biggest reason foreign investors are not coming into the country.
Don't mind dem, it because they get diesel and fuel allowances, that's why they don't know all of this,
Imagine person wey dey plan to make him life meaningful buy opening a barbing saloon and at the end of every month u barb 30 people hair and spend 15k on petrol generator

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by dammytosh: 7:56am On May 06, 2015
This woman painted a perfect Economy to allow Jonathan win election.

Now her noise and alarm is more than that of a Town Crier.

2 Likes

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:58am On May 06, 2015
dearpreye:

No. Oil is a blessing. Visit Abuja and conform that! Every single resource can be a blessing or curse, depending on the people handling it.

We're suffering from decades of laziness occasioned by the discovery and exploration of oil in the ND. Everyone else has refused to develop the resources found at their backyard. ..its all the OIL now. ...

We have never had visionary and disciplined leadership; we have just thieves and criminals parading the political atmosphere. ....

True federalism is the way to go!

It isn't just oil....it is the whole resources thing.

Nigerians have this idea that we must sell resources....and then share the proceeds.

But the cold reality is that resources work when someone has a use for them somewhere.

A big reason why I regard oil as a curse is this....there are developments on the ground that may make oil redundant soon. Meanwhile....everybody and his grandmother are producing oil (Which is why oil prices are dropping....net oil importers like the US are now producing more and more oil...simply because the average US citizen wants to pay less for the oil he/she buys).

Which is why Nigeria not only must get off oil...it must get rid of the idea that we must sell resources to survive. Everybody else is doing that. Meanwhile...the big nations like South Korea and China...that were behind many African countries 50 years ago....are now using innovation and industry to pull ahead. That is where our future lies....not in oil....in innovation. And the sooner we wake up to that reality...the better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by lumzybo: 7:59am On May 06, 2015
Hehehehe... they shld go n print new cash grin

Na joke I dey ooo.... cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chad Begs Nigeria For Electricity Supply / President Buhari Presides Over Virtual Launch Of Gold Purchase Programme / PDP Chieftain Found With 500 Pvcs In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.