Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. (27529 Views)

Lawmakers Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances In Abuja (photos) / FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Abia State Government Special Announcement On Salaries And Pensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by piagetskinner(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2015
What happened in the 80's during shagaris regime is repeating itself
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by ellechrystal(f): 10:51am On May 06, 2015
agabaI23:
Buhari is coming to do it. No worries
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 10:55am On May 06, 2015
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by omonnakoda: 10:56am On May 06, 2015
parkeration:

I was right. My mother is damn silly and stuupid.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 10:58am On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:

Onye nzuzu, stop quoting me, ighotago? I know say all of una bad belle dey pray say make buhari fail, but u will all be dissapointed! Bunch of lunatics.

People are born s.tu.pid, it can't be learned. Same way st.u.pudi.ty can't be unlearned..
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Femolacaster(m): 11:10am On May 06, 2015
chuna1985:

People are born s.tu.pid, it can't be learned. Same way st.u.pudi.ty can't be unlearned..
Almajiri, looking for attention, i dont have time for nitwit. Refrain from quoting me, ighotago?
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by TheMadame(f): 11:29am On May 06, 2015
Africa's biggest economy borrows money to pay salaries of it's workers',
Incredible!
A few months ago,people with economic knowledge and insight warned the Financer minister that the ship of this countrys economy was heading towards the rocks if care was not taken.
The Finance minister in responsed by lying that the economy was robust and doing fine.
Now this.
In reality the economy is in shambles with monumental and astronomical looting by the man in the black fedora hat,his wife and their cronies. Most of this looting took place during the last presidential election as the president doled out dollars to various interest groups with reckless abandon like a drunken sailor out on night of whoring.

I laugh when I hear Buhari say he is not going to probe anybody. General,where are you gonna get money to operate if you don't take back what has been looted?
General Buhari has to go back to the source in order to trace the future of this country. All corrupt people must be probed,punished and jailed and their ill gotten wealth recovered and seized. Nigeria must be great again.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by tushbobo(m): 11:36am On May 06, 2015
A borrower is slave to the lender.
Nigeria is not the biggest economy in Africa as our government claims because we hardly create value or manufacture for export... we only consume.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2015
tushbobo:
A borrower is slave to the lender.
Nigeria is not the biggest economy in Africa as our government claims because we hardly create value or manufacture for export... we only consume.
Maybe the Nigerian environment is just not conducive for business
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by adeA1(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2015
Iweala wal laah u re weaked! So u want Nigerians to pitty u by cravin for urs not bein removed that s y u re positionin urslv as a true persn after u ve falsified our head wit ur previous rantin that we re improvin economically. Na lie u2 shal be probed.. Funny die s the facet that an economically improvin country stll ve to borrw to pay for workers' Salaries. Okey ooo..lol just answer this question;

Where ve u bn borrowin oo? Is it from :

GEJ;

IWEALAselv;

MADUEKE;

KASHAMU;

PEJ;
Just be namin them.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by atlwireles: 12:03pm On May 06, 2015
Acidosis:

The joke is on all those who fought his policies (CONFAB, attempt to remove subsidy, you lots even criticised him for renovating airports in the east and south south) Oh you want it all in Lagos, so all other states can remain dormant and stagnant?

Some states haven't paid salaries yet they have mineral resources worth trillions. Rather than fight for policies that will enable them dig the soil, explore their resources, employ their graduates (instead of running to Lagos & Abuja after NYSC), and manage their wealth appropriately, y'all said NO, because y'all know your governors have zero understanding on investment, business transformation, and resource control.

The joke is on You all.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by martinosi: 12:07pm On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
Useless government, and they wasted Trillions on election.

so how would you have managed a Public Sector Budget that faces
a cap on spending due to fall in Crude Oil Revenue by 50% without
any immediate available alternative revenue source, plus an increase
in price of refined products ie imported Petrol, Jet Fuel etc and also meet the
ongoing Budget for Capital (Infrastructural Projects Ongoing) with a
Smaller Projected Purse (Amount of Money coming into the treasury due to the
50% drop in crude oil as you know that
Capital Project Expenditure are for-caste on a 3-5 years basis
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by martinosi: 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
micktoxin:
Nigeria should have follow the footstep of countries like Emirate and diversify long time ago. Oil prices will hover around $60, as any increase will be stopped before it gets off, due to fracking. So Nigeria better start investing in Agriculture, education and Tech start up companies like India and others are doing.
Oh.. subsidy should be stopped. Anybody with a common sense know this is now unsustainable.
Edit. Electricity should be among the main agenda, as it is one of the biggest reason foreign investors are not coming into the country.

see bold..with that statement, i think you better go back and review your logic and understanding of
the economy....and if you come up with the argument that western countries ie Europe and America
do not subsidy that you better think twice...Grants to Businesses, Tax Breaks, Tax Holidays, Tax Credits
etc and 100's of other Govt Stop Gap Credits/Grants and Public Fiscal Measures to
Businesses and Consumers
in the UK, France, USA = subsidies for Fuel, Food, Clothing etc...
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by atlwireles: 12:17pm On May 06, 2015
Threads like this, always reveal the emptiness in this country. The incoming government is going to be borrowing about N2T within the next 18 months. I will be waiting for comments when this borrowing starts. Until people in this country learn and start to live in a real world, not the make believe nonsense most of you sell to yourselves. This country is going nowhere.All your hopes are linked to 2.3M barrels of crude oil. What a bunch of jokers. angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by martinosi: 12:29pm On May 06, 2015
atlwireles:
Threads like this, always reveal the emptiness in this country. The incoming government is going to be borrowing about N2T within the next 18 months. I will be waiting for comments when this borrowing starts. Until people in this country learn and start to live in a real world, not the make believe nonsense most of you sell to yourselves. This country is going nowhere.All your hopes are linked to 2.3M barrels of crude oil. What a bunch of jokers. angry angry angry angry angry angry

People are waking up and i mean some people..but its hard for people to understand whats happening
when they are always inside the Chaos and not taking their mind for a moment to view
things outside objectively.

The World Runs on Crude Oil & Gas that is the economy from
Cars
Roads
Building Materials
House Hold Items

Their is one form of Crude Oil or another in all the things
we used daily. The Main thing is to move in Refining which the Govt
is encouraging ie the Dangote Refinery that will Open cir 2017-18 ( we need more small & medium size refineries 10,000bbls
refining Capacity in at least 12 Regional Area's in Nigeria)
and also the LNG pipelines that will come on stream soon...(Dangote/Blackstone/IFC etc)

Agriculture must be pushed now like crazy in the area of Food and Clothing and Alternative Energy
Environmental Friendly Bio-Fuels are being discovered and used now for Small & Light Scale Industry.

Also Environmental waste management must be improved as alot of our Residential and Commerical
waste can be recycled into Low Grade Energy and Re-formed Items.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by agabaI23(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2015
ellechrystal:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
lol, na so naa
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by tushbobo(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Maybe the Nigerian environment is just not conducive for business

Yeah I agree with you, the Nigerian environment is not conducive for business because we do not have basic infrastructure.
That further explains why we cannot claim to be the biggest economy in Africa. It's a vicious cycle. No infrastructure=No production=Bad Economy.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by aresa: 2:24pm On May 06, 2015
omonnakoda:
What do you mean by fiscal federalism in Nigeria. When you say resource control what do you mean? To me those are just words.
The subject of this thread is that the FG is borrowing money . What does your proposed solution have to do with that. Yes you may want to see fiscal federalism and resource control whatever that means but that has nothing to do with the subject of this thread i.e a shortfall in federal revenue.
FYI Nigeria practises fiscal federalism and resource control. The real discussion is to what percentage and extent.

The disgraced and discredited joker was trying to derail and shift the discussion away from the disaster his corrupt and leaders saddled Nigerians with.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by omonnakoda: 3:13pm On May 06, 2015
aresa:

The disgraced and discredited joker was trying to derail and shift the discussion away from the disaster his corrupt and leaders saddled Nigerians with.
Hahahahha your mother is still licking her dirty sores I can see.She will soon die a lonely cancerous death
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by micktoxin(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2015
martinosi:

see bold..with that statement, i think you better go back and review your logic and understanding of
the economy....and if you come up with the argument that western countries ie Europe and America
do not subsidy that you better think twice...Grants to Businesses, Tax Breaks, Tax Holidays, Tax Credits
etc and 100's of other Govt Stop Gap Credits/Grants and Public Fiscal Measures to
Businesses and Consumers
in the UK, France, USA = subsidies for Fuel, Food, Clothing etc...
Every time on Nl people tends to misread my statements which often end up in a pendantic arguments.
There is nowhere on my post, that says western countries don't provide aids. You don't need to be an Economist to know that subsidy is used as a form of easing measure, to primarily boost consumer spending. Historically speaking, I am sure the subsidies were put in place, when fuel were relatively expensive to lower the burden on the consumers(A form of leverage). With the crash in oil prices and revenue, I am sure you also know the implication is a deadweight loss, which is the point subsidies need to be reduced.
Unless you can argue Nigeria doesn't have a deadweight loss, then I fail to see your logic behind the continuation of subsidies. All this will, create is a market distortion and an overall reduction in social welfare.
Of course this shouldn't translate to an overall reduction in subsidies for other sectors that can benefit the economy. I.e Tax break for small businesses...
I might not be an Economist, but I wouldn't have been a quants trader without having a decent 101 of Economics.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by aresa: 4:21pm On May 06, 2015
omonnakoda:
Hahahahha your mother is still licking her dirty sores I can see.She will soon die a lonely cancerous death

Must you reveal your true feelings about your parents, how you address them and your disgusting antisocial behavior on the internet...?
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by mbulela: 5:09pm On May 06, 2015
eaglechild:

Exactly.
It baffles me how we are so quick to hold the central government responsible while exonerating the states.

Not saying that the FG is not to be scrutinized but the states are having a field day looting when their allocation should be put to profitable use.
Rather they just pay salaries do some shabby projects and wait for the next hand out.

It is appalling.
I wonder why any politician will want to be a president when you can be a state governor and loot without any disturbing scrutiny.
The total lack of accountability in the states is disgusting.

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by buchichukwu69: 5:29pm On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
[size=28pt]I wonder o[/size]
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by tuniski: 5:41pm On May 06, 2015
Femolacaster:
clueless talk. So trillions came into the economy over the past few months and we are still having cash crunch everywhere? Abegi stop this mentioning of money like it is sand! The entire budget iis slightly above 4trn so where will trillions come from that we won't be expreciencing some economic boom in the micro economics? Buhari will soon be there and even if he tells u there was no such money, u won't believe it!

1 Like

Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 06, 2015
chuna1985:

Stu.pidity can never be learned, people are born with it
wh hauling insults? If u believe u have better aarguments to flaw mine why not bring it on board? Ur manners are crass to say the least!!! Pls implore decency and sound mine in ur analysis...

U didn't even raise an argument to strt with...
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 06, 2015
Raymondenyi:
wh hauling insults? If u believe u have better aarguments to flaw mine why not bring it on board? Ur manners are crass to say the least!!! Pls implore decency and sound mine in ur analysis...

U didn't even raise an argument to strt with...

Some posts are so off u can't argue it.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by olayinkaj2(m): 8:02pm On May 06, 2015
Chai see Nigeria my country ooooo. But this woman keep deceiving us that the economy is stable, now where is the stability? God dey.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=omonnakoda post=33468398][/quote]

Omonnakoda, don't know how you did it but very impressive I must say.
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by luvablesam(m): 10:55pm On May 10, 2015
Teespice:
if Nigeria were to be a company, we would be declared bankrupt.

we are not borrowing money for capital projects but for salaries.

what happened to all the money in the coffers.

I only wonder what will happen if Jonathan was in power for another four years. this one will then mean that our accounts will be as dry as Sahara when he leaves.

I really can't wait for the Otuoke fisherman to leave. he's the most corrupt Nigerian president I have ever seen. the women who have surrounded him are far worse. They control two sensitive areas of Nigerian economy but yet nadaaaaasa.

I am so pissed, I can't even continue. shame.

Scares me like hell what would happen in the coming months...
Nigeria is broke...honestly...Yet we had over 48 billion dollars in our foreign reserves about six years ago, what happened to all of it...Glad u made the point n it seems no one has noticed yet....

Terrible
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by Teespice(f): 11:03pm On May 10, 2015
luvablesam:

Scares me like hell what would happen in the coming months...
Nigeria is broke...honestly...Yet we had over 48 billion dollars in our foreign reserves about six years ago, what happened to all of it...Glad u made the point n it seems no one has noticed yet....

Terrible

this is just a little of what we have seen.

the ones we are yet to know about as Nigerians nko?

it's only three weeks left
Re: FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. by luvablesam(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2015
Teespice:

this is just a little of what we have seen.

the ones we are yet to know about as Nigerians nko?

it's only three weeks left

I don't think handing over would make any change(for now). The corrupt politicians of PDP also migrated to APC....

Nigeria is on a down low ...

Question is .....Don't we still producing oil even if its for less than half the price last year?
Don't we have a 'thriving non-oil sector' like they claim we do?

Why are we borrowing to pay salaries,when people still live in luxury in this Country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Keyamo Replies Ben Murray-Bruce: We Cant Forget PDP 16 Year Misrule In 5 Months / FG Has Started Paying N30,000 Minimum Wage - Ngige / Pandora Papers: Sambo Dasuki Family's Secret Deal & Leno Adesanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.