Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) (51905 Views)

Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) / Badirat Olaitan-adeyemi Donates To School For The Handicap In Oyo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by IYANGBALI: 3:30pm On May 06, 2015
barcanista:
Liar!!!! We have never left Nigeria's shores before.
you. Just you alone
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Misogynist2014(m): 3:34pm On May 06, 2015
Rxpetite:

those commandments sound easy enough to follow. just wait until a naija christian interpretes it for you. it will become unrecognizable. i have no problem with christianity or the bible. my problem is with all these over sabi christians and pastors in Nigeria
If it is on that, we are on the same page. smiley

1 Like

Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 06, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you. Just you alone
There is no way you can be separated from me. tongue
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by africanusvu(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2015
Before the invention of Photography and asbestos which were used here,textiles and clothing av already became comon here in ukwuani,so I doubt this
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Akuneshiobike(m): 3:44pm On May 06, 2015
If you are very observant, you will realise that those olden products/materials are gradually resurfacing in our present generation. History of the pix above is also gradually repeating itself and will soon escalate to absolute nudity amongst our young ladies/boys.
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by timilehing(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2015
Better then than now, lots of perverts being born since
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by ooshinibos: 3:52pm On May 06, 2015
I see why Awolowo introduced Free education
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by vickylois(f): 4:03pm On May 06, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy
IYANGBALI:
now you don turn to fine babe dey cover the thing with clothes
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Blackfire(m): 4:07pm On May 06, 2015
*Wear my classes* looking for Patrick obaighon teacher among those emeretus students
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Omotayor123(f): 4:45pm On May 06, 2015
Chai! chao chao....
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by gaby53: 5:00pm On May 06, 2015
st=33473426]Some nairalanders' grandfather is in dis pics o cool[/quote] hohohoho! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by buchichukwu69: 5:07pm On May 06, 2015
This is unfair. Why should those wearing cloth stay behind and expose those who are unclad? grin grin grin
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 06, 2015
waw! whos that chief at da extreme left?
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Mbediogu(m): 5:23pm On May 06, 2015
Ishilove:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/05/not-quite-long-ago-pupils-went-to.html

Seriously?? According to oral history, western style clothes only came into the present day Delta state as recently as the 1930s, but even at that it is surprising that two decades after, kids went to school butt naked. In a bid for the European imperialists to sell their manufactured products, foreign textile materials and sewing machines were imported into the country, and the presence of these products made it possible for people in Delta, Ukwuaniland for example, to take up tailoring as an occupation. Before then, the Onicha-Ukwuani people were weavers of the local cloth called 'nchichi or 'ukor ogbolu,' a kind of cover cloth. This cloth is small in size, made of cotton and tied around the body. This was their mode of dressing before the influx of western style fashion which stifled the local industry.

At the risk of anachronism (judging past events using contemporary standards), I am seriously wondering why these children were not covered with nchichi before being shipped off to school. I can see one little boy at the extreme right who is the only one not in his birthday suit.

All so note that majority of the kids in the photo are male, unlike now when the opposite is the case. How times have truly changed.

From the photo I recognize my Bomadi friends. One is a very senior military man, another a top ranking politician, yet another is a foreign based business magnate. Ijaw I salute una o o o.
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 06, 2015
Very soon people will start going to sch and works naked in the name of modern fashion. Already the ladies and mummies have started exposing the breast and tommies.
By 2065, If u look at our pictures now then, the people shall look at us as uncivilized people.
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by francizy(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2015
anonimi:
Today most of those kids who became elites through Awo's FREE education have FAILED to replicate such so that our society can continue moving forward.

How PATHETIC!

Eg: Fashola, Tinubu, Aregbesola, etc...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 06, 2015
chai they were all well fed...see belle
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by faith551(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2015
Lala247:
Chai see romancelanders oh grin

Wow ppl really went to school like that.. I guess in those days it wasnt seen as nothing now our minds are corrupt so all innocence is gone..

With pedos and all sorts one cant send kids to school like dis

Hey bae, how u doing
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 06, 2015
faith551:

Hey bae, how u doing
good thanks.. How r u .. I cn see u in Op's pic grin
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by faith551(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2015
Lala247:
good thanks.. How r u .. I cn see u in Op's pic grin
Hahahahahahahahaha, been checking out the pic. Wish you were there too wink
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 06, 2015
faith551:

Hahahahahahahahaha, been checking out the pic. Wish you were there too wink

Lol was looking for myself couldnt find any with lipsrsealed hehehe
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Senjuchiha: 6:14pm On May 06, 2015
Rememba ds!??

Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by ChappyChase: 6:15pm On May 06, 2015
Those kids were dying of hunger!!! See their robo robo belle, giant head and broomly legs!!!!
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by faith551(m): 6:15pm On May 06, 2015
Lala247:

Lol was looking for myself couldnt find any with lipsrsealed hehehe
Yea........... Believe me I understand grin. But we could arrange for our own school, just me and you
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by tpiadotcom: 6:16pm On May 06, 2015
what's the background to the picture, why were the kids not dressed, and did they receive food and clothing afterwards.

were any NGOs involved?
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by VickyRotex(f): 7:12pm On May 06, 2015
IYANGBALI:
See se.un,see eleko1,see mukin.atu,see barc.anista,see temit.emi,see VickyRotex,see ela.mpiro,see Cocobe.rry,see Mr T.A,see Vick.ylois,see G.EJ,see co.ogar,see roki.atu her bweast don dey comot small small self at age 7 grin

cheesy I sight you too o. No be you wan kiss that guy for front? grin tongue
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:46pm On May 06, 2015
francizy:

Buhahahahaha, how I wish that Eve didn't eat the forbidden fruit, we would have lived just like this. No need to beg a girl/lady to UnCloth cuz nothing will be hidden under the sun.. cheesy

Anyways, I can see Barcanister, Whynotthetruth, Truck pusher, Mogidi, Gbawe, Omenka, Passingshot, iceberylin, ggrin, etc, in that pic too.. grin

grincheesy just pray that someday Satan will ask for forgiveness so that we all rush back to garden of eden unclad cheesy

1 Like

Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Shakazulu2: 8:30pm On May 06, 2015
OmaGosh.....WARRISDIS... grin grin grin civilization good o
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by KingTom(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2015
softysparky:
Eyaaah see KingT om and Franciz y ooo.
grin grin
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by KingTom(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2015
ggrin:
see kingtom shockedshockedshocked
undecided
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by ggrin(f): 8:46pm On May 06, 2015
Re: Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) by Strongfaze(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2015
I for swear say Goodluck dey the left hand side of the photograph, but he didn't say he went to school unclad, he only told us he had no shoes. * Delta and Bayelsa were together back then for the record.*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Exclamation In Various Ngerian Tribes/dialect / Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.