Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour (30486 Views)

FG Workers To Be Paid Nov Salary On The 11th Dec / I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio / Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by prosperup(m): 4:15pm On May 07, 2015
It is said that each traffic light costs 18m shocked
Why would China invest N781 million in traffic lights in Abuja when there are children needing urgent medical attention/bills in the Northeast.
The traffic lights have worsened the traffic situation in places like life camp and gwarimpa such that the traffic wardens have started turning them off and controlling traffic manually. It is just waste as they will be abandoned in due time.
FYI the old and efficient traffic lights in Wuse II have not been working well. You have to know the pattern they operate before you know if it your turn to pass or not.

Whatever they say, i suspect foul play.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by ElFenomeno1: 4:15pm On May 07, 2015
teeowl:
grin what is Jonathan trying to prove grin

I wonder....... grin
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Adonispco: 4:17pm On May 07, 2015
Even if they like make them build flyover everywhere over night. I surely believe and i can swear than Gej administration worst past Obj's and Ibb's administration. If he had mistakenly continued/won Abacha's regime will be better compared with what will happen.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by cao(f): 4:19pm On May 07, 2015
Medicine after death.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:23pm On May 07, 2015
They discovered that Buhari obeys traffic light. Maybe they want to use it to set trap for him later oneday. Buhari should watch out for traffic light traps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 07, 2015
So,you are one of those Abuja reckless drivers or passengers who are always in a hurry to no where..
Never knew civilized people would ever imagine traffic light causes traffic jam.....na wa o!

wachakuta:
Yes ooo...FCT minister must go to jail.. how can u use 780m for traffic light only?? and y now??
Imagine d yeye traffic light just de cause unnecessary hold up in kubwa
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by damiloladuke: 4:25pm On May 07, 2015
kok
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by MKO4ever(m): 4:29pm On May 07, 2015
kelechiodo:
If Gez work, wahala, if he no work, wahala. Soon he will leave the seat, let see what GMB will do.

Abeggy make him leave fast
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by tellmemore15: 4:29pm On May 07, 2015
there are too many of them and too close. causing unnecessary hold ups.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by deb(m): 4:29pm On May 07, 2015
Last minute looting
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by seunfly: 4:31pm On May 07, 2015
They have anouced the approval of the tragic light in kubwa, karu and other suburb of Abuja since 2012 with the hope that installation will be in 2013 but we have been waiting for since 2013 but they refused to install it but now they are doing the last minute installation.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by coldcandy: 4:32pm On May 07, 2015
OsHYBRID:

APC!! you guys don't like good thing, why does it not cause traffic jam in garki?

You don't just wake up and put traffic lights at any junction. A proper traffic survey (size and pattern) ought to have been done before installing. The one at Gwarinpa Chambian Junction has caused more suffering. Same for the one at Starville School junction. imagine a drug causing more pain than the initial illness.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Ebonymiss: 4:33pm On May 07, 2015
Like it's my business? Mtcheew. Next?
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by otiigba1(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
So,you are one of those Abuja reckless drivers or passengers who are always in a hurry to no where..
Never knew civilized people would ever imagine traffic light causes traffic jam.....na wa o!

Dont mind that guy, he must be a proper village mumu,its obviously the first time he came across a traffic light

1 Like

Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by deucelaw: 4:52pm On May 07, 2015
I live in Abuja and the rate at which the traffic lights are being installed is very alarming....they work all day and night installing the lights...I believe there is a sketchy deal behind it....I mean why the rush it now and the most annoying part is that they installed in unnecessary places causing more traffic and delays......There is a street in utako that has 4 junctions just about 50 meters apart....the road is not busy but they installed streetlights and all u see is a free road but most cars are stopped by the lights and you spend more time now that there are street lights.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 07, 2015
The traffic lights look very ugly with umbrella-like roofs solar panels. Jeez! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy
otiigba1:
Dont mind that guy, he must be a proper village mumu,its obviously the first time he came across a traffic light
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by ApexTitan(m): 5:02pm On May 07, 2015
It's interesting how the media shapes public opinion. All that is needed is just to offer a leading or suggestive headline.

Many side road projects on Ada George road in PH, Rivers state have been completed in the last two months, is that also as a result of the fear of Buhari? The arrival wing of the Port Harcourt International airport has been abandoned for very long now, why hasn't this fear of Buhari compelled those responsible to complete it?

Anyway with this work on the traffic lights in Abuja I hope they fix the one near Chicken House on Ademola Adetokunbo crescent in Wuse 2. I always avoid that area because the lights there seem to be operating on crack cocaine, very erratic contraption - the red light lasts forever while the green lasts for only 10 seconds. angry

1 Like

Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by deucelaw: 5:02pm On May 07, 2015
otiigba1:

it is true, and it is not far fetched that traffic lights can cause excessive traffic Jam, if installed unnecessarrily. This is what I experience in Abuja now since they began installing traffic lights in every junction that does not experience high traffic flow...imagine installing4 traffic lights in a 120m road that has low population and traffic density...what's the use of a red light on a considerably free access road?.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by otiigba1(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2015
deucelaw:

it is true, and it is not far fetched that traffic lights can cause excessive traffic Jam, if installed unnecessarrily. This is what I experience in Abuja now since they began installing traffic lights in every junction that does not experience high traffic flow...imagine installing4 traffic lights in a 120m road that has low population and traffic density...what's the use of a red light on a considerably free access road?.
well..if you put it like that..you make alot of sense
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by clemmonce(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2015
BIBblacboy:
and u xpect me to read all that
I don't. no wonder you lack wisdom.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Chigold101(m): 5:15pm On May 07, 2015
wachakuta:
Yes ooo...FCT minister must go to jail.. how can u use 780m for traffic light only?? and y now??
APC... Change
if it is Amaechi that is fixing these lights, will he go to jail? will you complain that it is causing hold up...?
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by gobizzy101: 5:29pm On May 07, 2015
Its GEJ not GEZ. Abi has he changed d Jonathan 2 Zebrudiah?
kelechiodo:
If Gez work, wahala, if he no work, wahala. Soon he will leave the seat, let see what GMB will do.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by lastpage: 5:48pm On May 07, 2015
wachakuta:

Traffic lights are nOT RUSHED as they are doing right now, it needs to be planned and at times, "surveyed" to get the exact flow of traffic at that junction, from all the "in-flows".

But since they just want to put up something to show #BabaDontSendUsToJail, the result is what you are getting.

Lastpage!
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by dacool1(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2015
teeowl:
grin what is Jonathan trying to prove grin
I think he is trying to complete most of his projects so that someone else won't get credit for them
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by richidinho(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2015
wachakuta:

Upon all this mouth wey u dey make na even kubwa u dey manage
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Iceduhu(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2015
OsHYBRID:

APC!! you guys don't like good thing, why does it not cause traffic jam in garki?
Ma guy I think u'v not been to Kubwa to see things urself that's why u dey compare Garki traffic light with Kubwa confuse traffic light....
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by Bioboy1213(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
wachakuta:
. Xame here with the one @ chembian plaza in Gwarimpa
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by richard870(m): 6:47pm On May 07, 2015
Nyc one @Op. How do you answer this question:
Describe yourself in one word
Waiting 4 d best answer
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by ikechime(m): 6:55pm On May 07, 2015
i cant imagine that FCT just dey get traffic light wey Lagos don pass that stage tete. no wonder wey one traffic police just dey make star by dancing controlling traffic instead of computer job.
Re: Massive Traffic Lights At The 11th Hour by BIBblacboy: 7:24pm On May 07, 2015
clemmonce:
I don't. no wonder you lack wisdom.
aw sure are u....by the way.....no matter aw foolish i am u can never be wiser dan me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Group Tells Buhari To Resign / Buhari Meets With Top Executives In Washington...photos / Bashir Tofa Buried In Kano (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.