Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. (69990 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt And What To Know / Night Scene Of Bodija And Samonda, Ibadan: Beautiful Pictures. / Images From Abuja - The Pride Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 10:56pm On May 09, 2015
cool

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 09, 2015
domopps:

So I take it that you a gonna have a chart with the heartless brothers of urs called Boko Haram!

And until then shut the hell up and stay clear this thread!

Plus you might need a dictionary ! Pls get Oxford!

Cheeeeers
funny guy... i m gonno CHART dem up to blast you.. dirty yorobat states
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by babate3e(m): 11:04pm On May 09, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
undecided

Now I have called you out on your BS, you accuse me of sermonizing.

The facts are there. Take them or leave them. I gave you facts on key Human Development Index stats in Ibadan - you may choose to ignore them but they will not go away.

I am definitely not living in a bubble and I do not expect perfection. I gave you stats in which nearly 100% of a sample of households in your beloved Ibadan depend on well water for basic needs - well water that is at high risk of contamination from septic tanks. Do you know the health costs (to these households and communities) of typhoid fever and other water borne diseases? Do you even have an idea? I challenge you to look for the results of published studies that are far more rigorous and comprehensive than mine - are the results similar or not?

I gave you stats on how nearly 100% of a sample of Ibadan households rely exclusively on pit latrines for their toilet needs. Those pit latrines were in very poor - I repeat - very poor shape, exposing users to deadly communicable diseases. Am i being idealistic for highlighting these truths? Or you are angry simply because these truths are inconvenient? undecided

You would rather highlight the presence of KFC and shoprite as indicators of development, undecided while the owners of these businesses repatriate their capital and profits at will. (By the way - let it be clear I bear no ill will toward these entrepreneurs.)

Focus on substance and not spin. Ibadan needs a lot of work. To deny this and focus on 'aesthetics' or 'celebrating the positives' undecided is to do her people a disservice.

Bro, i get your facts and i am not in anyway denying what you just said is false, but this issue you raised is more or less a Nigerian problem and not just limited to ibadan, i have lived in ilorin, stayed in kano, visited ph, this problems are all there. I am as well a researcher, and the mere fact that you carried out your research in ibadan's slum, doesn't mean you can conclude that the city is that bad. I was born and bred in ib, yes we have ghettos more than most cities in naija and this places are ancestral homes of different people, buildings as old as Nigeria's history, so i would understand if as an outsider you see it as dirt and poverty, but we see it as our history and where we come from, so we are so proud of those brown roofs. The city is so big, and those slums are just where early civilization started from, that's the beauty of ibadan blending the old and new. This is such a wonderful thread, i believe op created it to show the beauty of ibadan, issues of poverty is a Nigerian thing. God bless ib, and Nigeria at large.

7 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2015
grin

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 11:19pm On May 09, 2015
crixtex:

haaaaa... no one can change d state's slogan.. i didnt put it dea.. if not for d wickedness of my northern brothers.. dea wud b nothing like boko ok... at least some of our hausa states are better than slumps in oyo,osun or even lagos

Guy, I don already call you out in an earlier post about your fakeness -- you are as fake as a $3 bill (which actually doesn't exist). What I don't understand is why you Igbos and some renegade SS cohorts are cowards who lie about your ethnicity just coz you want to sucker-punch us Yorubas. Why are you claiming Hausa/Northerner? You hate Northerners as much as you hate Yorubas, going by your past posts on NL wherein you made it clear that you're from the SE/SS corridor though based in Lagos, so why claim that you're one of the Northerners?

I just don't get some of you guys, for real. Below is evidence that exposes you as nothing but a fraud. I expect that you'll respect yourself from hereon and quit derailing this thread. Shameless Yoruba-hating morafocka.

crixtex:

Bro I m in support.. ds country is not and can never b one.. its a fraud full of deceptions, tribalist, religion bigots caused mainly b d yoruba who never stand for the truth..... I bliv now dey re descended from egypt.. imagine yoruba allowing aboki wit no result to rule dem..... its well... well once dey agree to allow us control our oil..we might stil b nigerians...

crixtex:

Ode.. Aba is finer than new york city... no dusty roads, fresh clean gutters, no road and soil erosion, no swamp market roads, okrika full everywea for ayanholu and ariaria, osisioma is beautiful wit flowers, Isi-ala ngwa is more prosperous than ph and okpu-umuobo is greener than VI.... oya die...

crixtex:

Continue lying o.. forget dat we sef dey liv for lagos..btw sef, ve u visited Enugu bfore?

5 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:21pm On May 09, 2015
akinegba1:
Ibadan is a city to watch.
this pic resembles oshodi for lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 09, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Guy, I don already call you out in an earlier post about your fakeness -- you are as fake as a $3 bill (which actually doesn't exist). What I don't understand is why you Igbos and some renegade SS cohorts are cowards who lie about your ethnicity just coz you want to sucker-punch us Yorubas. Why are you claiming Hausa/Northerner? You hate Northerners as much as you hate Yorubas, going by your past posts on NL wherein you made it clear that you're from the SE/SS corridor though based in Lagos, so why claim that you're one of the Northerners?

I just don't get some of you guys, for real. Below is evidence that exposes you as nothing but a fraud. I expect that you'll respect yourself from hereon and quit derailing this thread. Shameless Yoruba-hating morafocka.

hahaha... Funny guy, iont hate yoruba o.. my mum na yoruba. the only thing i detest in yorubas is hypocrisy.. and furthermore, my chickitos are yorubas... so calm ur nerves, cos i know u hate igbos too
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by saudatu(m): 11:30pm On May 09, 2015
akinegba1:

hmm,thief this is Oshodi not Ibadan.
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by VolvoS60(m): 11:44pm On May 09, 2015
babate3e:

Bro, i get your facts and i am not in anyway denying what you just said is false, true but this issue you raised is more or less a Nigerian problem and not just limited to ibadan, i have lived in ilorin, stayed in kano, visited ph, this problems are all there. I am as well a researcher, and the mere fact that you carried out your research in ibadan's slum, doesn't mean you can conclude that the city is that bad. I was born and bred in ib, yes we have ghettos more than most cities in naija and this places are ancestral homes of different people, buildings as old as Nigeria's history, so i would understand if as an outsider you see it as dirt and poverty, but we see it as our history and where we come from, so we are so proud of those brown roofs. The city is so big, and those slums are just where early civilization started from, that's the beauty of ibadan blending the old and new. This is such a wonderful thread, i believe op created it to show the beauty of ibadan, issues of poverty is a Nigerian thing. God bless ib, and Nigeria at large.

^^^^
I agree with you on one thing: these problems cut across all Nigerian cities.

The project wasn't concentrated on Ibadan's 'slums' as you assume. It was carried out on an LCDA to LCDA basis with the most densely populated areas as the target samples - and for good reason too.

It is incorrect to assume that I saw Ibadan's social environment as dirty and poverty-ridden 'because I am an outsider'. No. Where I am from doesn't matter. For all you know, I could be an indigene of Ibadan. The important point here is that there were very severe health and environmental challenges in the project samples surveyed. I am simply telling it like it is. Those health and environmental problems I saw on the assignment have nothing to do with so called "brown roofs" or Ibadan's ancient history. There is nothing romantic or quaint about typhoid fever, gastro-enteritis, dysentery, diarrhea or malaria. There is no beauty in fecal contamination of drinking water undecided - and these and other problems are the issues that the city and its people have to deal with today.

Yes - poverty is a pan-Nigerian problem but that shouldn't be a ready excuse to avoid local action. Unfortunately, some of those I have interacted with on this thread tend to think otherwise.

Anyway, as I said earlier - to each his own.

2 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OoduaVanguard: 11:52pm On May 09, 2015
crixtex:

...u hate igbos too

Point of correction -- I DON'T hate Igbos, I just refuse to put up with their trash-talking to Yorubas. If you talk smack then expect me to give it back to you fire-for-fire. I don't suffer fools.

4 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Sammyjay4411(m): 12:25am On May 10, 2015
tonytony208:
Am going to copy these pictures and use them computer screensaver. Op, am I permitted?
yes u are
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Nobody: 1:26am On May 10, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Point of correction -- I DON'T hate Igbos, I just refuse to put up with their trash-talking to Yorubas. If you talk smack then expect me to give it back to you fire-for-fire. I don't suffer fools.
Only a fool wud know a fool... dont u fink?
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Scatterboss(m): 2:23am On May 10, 2015
crixtex:

hahaha... Funny guy, iont hate yoruba o.. my mum na yoruba. the only thing i detest in yorubas is hypocrisy.. and furthermore, my chickitos are yorubas... so calm ur nerves, cos i know u hate igbos too

Why claiming Northerner just to insult Yoruba, soon you will also call others coward. Na wao

4 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Nobody: 7:02am On May 10, 2015
Ibadan,
running splash of rust
and gold-flung and scattered
among seven hills like broken
china in the sun.

3 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Lionhearted: 8:34am On May 10, 2015
Sammyjay4411:
Ib city

Sorry to bust this...

This is LAUTECH Senate Building...

Pls let post real and nice pics of Ibadan. There are plenty of such.
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by FAJFARM(m): 9:04am On May 10, 2015
akinegba1:
Ibadan is bigger than some regions and has 3 big shoprites, KFC, Spar, Park n Shop etc.
Point of correction, two Shoprite malls
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by FAJFARM(m): 9:11am On May 10, 2015
akinegba1:

Hey change your weed coz u just posted Oshodi..
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by FAJFARM(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2015
Trinxie:
hehehe...exactly...awa ni yen ooo...hmmm...e se ooo. Omo Ibadan kini so?....proudly from the city of brown roofs.
Bi e ba wa n de eko...be ba ba mi ni ile...IBADAN LOLUWA RE WA OOOO.

nice one babe...We do u stay in Ib.
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by FAJFARM(m): 9:48am On May 10, 2015
njays24:
I love Ibadan! Whenever I visit my mother-inlaw,she knows I'll always want to go sight-seeing;got lost a couple of times in the city,very huge.

When next u come down notify me to ensure your safety...#nochargesjustaphilanthropist
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by babate3e(m): 10:19am On May 10, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
I agree with you on one thing: these problems cut across all Nigerian cities.

The project wasn't concentrated on Ibadan's 'slums' as you assume. It was carried out on an LCDA to LCDA basis with the most densely populated areas as the target samples - and for good reason too.

It is incorrect to assume that I saw Ibadan's social environment as dirty and poverty-ridden 'because I am an outsider'. No. Where I am from doesn't matter. For all you know, I could be an indigene of Ibadan. The important point here is that there were very severe health and environmental challenges in the project samples surveyed. I am simply telling it like it is. Those health and environmental problems I saw on the assignment have nothing to do with so called "brown roofs" or Ibadan's ancient history. There is nothing romantic or quaint about typhoid fever, gastro-enteritis, dysentery, diarrhea or malaria. There is no beauty in fecal contamination of drinking water undecided - and these and other problems are the issues that the city and its people have to deal with today.

Yes - poverty is a pan-Nigerian problem but that shouldn't be a ready excuse to avoid local action. Unfortunately, some of those I have interacted with on this thread tend to think otherwise.

Anyway, as I said earlier - to each his own.
I get your points, but i beg to disagree, you quoted that nearly 100% of Ibadan people rely on pit latrine, and don't have access to pipe borne water. If going by what you said that means, most of us on from ibadan on this thread don't use toilets and we don't have access to healthy drinking water. Like i said before, your research was not a random sampling, rather a purposive one targeted at areas that are not developed. It's a big city, so your research sample was carried out on areas with high incidence, i won't be surprised hearing places like oja-oba, beere, kudeti et al. If you carry out similar studies in ebute metta, epe, and the interior parts of Lagos you get similar results, and please stop making it seem like ibadan has the highest rate of typhoid fever occurrence in naija. Though, all well and good, your research is very valid, but it doesn't depict close to 30% of all ibadan indigenes, and i as a person won't celebrate mediocrity, i think the state government can do more to help these people as they are citizens as well, no one deserves a low standard of living. One love bro.
God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Adesiji77: 10:24am On May 10, 2015
Freemanan:
Ibadan,
running splash of rust
and gold-flung and scattered
among seven hills like broken
china in the sun.

Thanks for this...I was trying to recall this poem of J.P Clark last night.
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Nobody: 10:39am On May 10, 2015
Adesiji77:

Thanks for this...I was trying to recall this poem of J.P Clark last night.

You welcome... Aare
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Dreamflyin(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2015
For someone who grew up in Onitsha, it's quite funny to see how someone passes off just hotels, roundabouts and malls to represent the whole Ibadan. A picture that showed residential building for the common class was so reeking of old buildings. Buildings already sold off here and renovated by the new buyers here in Onitsha.
Ibadan is a city never devastated by war. A city which had always had it peaceful since 1960.
Onitsha grew from the ashes of the civil war. Totally burnt to the ground but rebuilt under two decades.
There's no where in the whole federation, and I stands on that, which got more modern apartment uprisers than Onitsha.

An average Onitsha bizman biggest dream is to someday have his own uprise building. Why few Yorubas here can't compete with us is because, you don't compete with the baba himself. We'll out compete you as far as it's real estate and business. We scouts even the most secret and isolated part of the world for cheap deals. We scouts even the most dangerous market to do business. For us it's plainly survival. A situation the Nigerian polity kept us in. We thrived.
Comparing Ibadan to SouthEast is sheer folly. We made SouthEast with 20pounds. Never forget that.
We are self made billionaires!
We built our cities with no Nigerian patronage, but our sweat and grith.
Could such be said for Ibadan? A city that thrived on being the administrative birth place of most part of South Western Nigeria.
Proudly Igbo.
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Dreamflyin(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
Back to the aesthetic pictures of IB, I could arm myself with a high resolution camera and head to GRA or Housing estate hotels and malls.
mtchew... Old town seeing so little investment by the people living in her, with all the liquidity lying all about her.
If Onitsha got half of what Ibadan got in industries and businesses, Lagos will be a walk in the park.
Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 1:01pm On May 10, 2015
grin grin

It's feels good to be back again..
Haters ganna hate till they drop ooo grin cheesy

Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OduaVanguard: 1:10pm On May 10, 2015
Dreamflyin:
Back to the aesthetic pictures of IB, I could arm myself with a high resolution camera and head to GRA or Housing estate hotels and malls.
mtchew... Old town seeing so little investment by the people living in her, with all the liquidity lying all about her.
If Onitsha got half of what Ibadan got in industries and businesses, Lagos will be a walk in the park.

Another chest-beating loud-mouthed flaathead! Na jealousy go finish you. Is it the same Onitsha that some e-goat was posting dirty and lifeless pictures of in the earlier pages of this thread? Thank God the mods deleted all that rubbish and nonsense. Ibadan has everything that makes a city, be it leisure-wise, infrastructure, a thriving and expanding middle-class, industries, shopping-malls, cinemas, world-class hotels, fastfood joints and restaurants, top-rated universities, health-centers, e.t.c. Nowhere in the entire SE can match Ibadan in terms of robustness and development. All I ever see in the Onitsha pictures are dirty markets, dull and lifeless neighbourhoods and "high-rises". It doesn't strike me as anywhere interesting enough to wanna visit let alone reside in, so make we hear word abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2015
grin grin

Let's go there!

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OduaVanguard: 1:21pm On May 10, 2015
Procter and Gamble Manufacturing plant, Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by OduaVanguard: 1:34pm On May 10, 2015
Effluent Treatment Plant Heineken-Nigerian breweries, Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by Twistaray(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2015
Op, my co. Please don't mind those eeleri pelebe grin they are simply jealous!

1 Like

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by zimoni(f): 1:48pm On May 10, 2015
Some Olori Pelebes need to check their HBP.

Hypertension is real.

Awon Smellows.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW. by ademoladeji(m): 2:13pm On May 10, 2015
abimbawealth:
YEAH!!! I don see awa house ooooooooo
*dancing shoki*
#smh grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) / Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.