Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,105 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke (16042 Views)

Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead / Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / Biafra: A Microcosm Of The Zoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:28pm On May 09, 2015
Rubbish
After yorubas have systematically destroyed all sectors of the economy, this one wants to blame Ngozi from whose backyard the oil that has been sustaining this country flows
mind yourselves o! An illiterate will soon lead you, let's see where that gets you people

3 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by demantruth2: 6:28pm On May 09, 2015
Children on NL, come see how dirge of this magnitude summarizes
your leaders- they are dead!
in brain, heart and soul

Demand a better things for your future instead of blind followers

...if you dey follow follow, make u open eyes

2 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by armadeo(m): 6:30pm On May 09, 2015
booked
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by dokunbam(m): 6:31pm On May 09, 2015
interesting

Oro naa gba ero

Omo naija Ero nu o
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 09, 2015
Why did it end? Well, We can dwell in the sweet Euphoria of this article all We like but the reality is yet to be materialised... So many Good writeups, so few pragmatist.... So in as much as I path the writer on his back, I would prefer pragmatic entities.... Will Buhari or his close aids read this?....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by sirsharks(m): 6:34pm On May 09, 2015
Nice wrie up
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Greatfuture: 6:35pm On May 09, 2015
Kogi is a state on reverse gear and full throtle to backwardness and under development,infact Kogi does not exist

3 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by seedorfg(m): 6:36pm On May 09, 2015
Hmmmm oro sunukun leyi o, anyway ise po lowo GMB lati se si naijiria yi, sugbon awon alale ileyi a'juse
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 09, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Rubbish
After yorubas have systematically destroyed all sectors of the economy, this one wants to blame Ngozi from whose backyard the oil that has been sustaining this country flows
mind yourselves o! An illiterate will soon lead you, let's see where that gets you people

Shaking my head.... Are We still on tribal gnashes? Poverty and Illiteracy are bytches

7 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by CecyAdrian(f): 6:38pm On May 09, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Rubbish
What are you saying angry
Just ask yourself,if you made sense
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by TheFilmmaker: 6:38pm On May 09, 2015
Kay17:

Is resource wealth the cause of underdevelopment?

No, the true cause is poor governance system. States that have good systems manage their resources better. Examples UAE, Saudi Arabia, Norway etc.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_curse
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by drjay1(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2015
It wasnt just about the message of the writeup(thats an open secret in Nigeria), the best part of the writeup is d great waY the writer kept me reading till the end! I love the way he concluded d writeup! It got me asking for more! Am definitely gonna look for this guy on facebook! Reading his writeup just made my daY( after 6hours fruitless search for fuel!

1 Like

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by TheFilmmaker: 6:40pm On May 09, 2015
Truman155:
I didn't even bother to read it

How old are you, John?

1 Like

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by ndcide(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2015
The article is shallow. Typical of those who like to blame every other person for their woes besides themselves.
The article shows someone who is so interested in politics rather than reality and solutions. The article shows one who is bereft of logical ideas and empirical analytical prowess.

I expected him to bring out one policy of NOI and dissect it to prove her wrong but we got this crap.

This will only appeal to the APC goons.

3 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by warrior01: 6:43pm On May 09, 2015
Very daft and biased article. I noticed he systematically left out the travails of Osun and other Apc states. I thought they all said they are not parasites. Aunty Ngozi, please don't mind these hypocrites as we have seen through them.

3 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by drjay1(m): 6:43pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:
Why did it end? Well, We can dwell in the sweet Euphoria of this article all We like but the reality is yet to be materialised... So many Good writeups, so few pragmatist.... So in as much as I path the writer on his back, I would prefer pragmatic entities.... Will Buhari or his close aids read this?....
Yes sir! "Buhari or his close aids" will definitely read this! Trust me! Dont underestimate the power of the social media!
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by TheFilmmaker: 6:43pm On May 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Nigeria cannot cope without oil. Thats the painful truth.

Besides, I'm tired of everyone blaming Ngozi for our problems. She is not you president, governor or local government chairman. As a minister of finance, she does what the law requires of her and nothing else. Ngozi has done nothing wrong, let her be.

Be honest for once. As the Minister of Finance, she derserves every vitroil directed to her. Call a spade a spade, and not a gold chain.

Kwuoropshun.

1 Like

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by demantruth2: 6:44pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Actually, the writer has divulge the theoretical and practical innuendo
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 09, 2015
drjay1:

Yes sir! "Buhari or his close aids" will definitely read this! Trust me! Dont underestimate the power of the social media!

Reading to consider the Good tidings it possess or reading because it is viral so they Just wanna fulfill all righteousness The fruit seller that started the gesture of the ARAB SPRING died for nothing as far as I am concern, Egypt and Tunisia are worse off.... Machiavellian principles should guide us in our doings.... These journalism revolution has helped no nation since the history of all hitherto societies.

2 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 09, 2015
All you jobless fools blaming this woman for no just reason, simply because she's not from your stupid tribe. Animals!

1 Like

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 09, 2015
demantruth2:

Actually, the writer has divulge the theoretical and practical innuendo

I nor go school boss... Break that down
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 09, 2015
Great article.

It will be unfair to blame madam okonjo 100% in this situation. We had a brief oil boom during GEJ tenure and she advocated we save more for the raining day but our pot-bellied governors thought otherwise.

All our past leaders should bury their heads in shame.

Our current economic woes is not a product GEJ 5 years tenure alonr but a cummulation of failed leadership in the past and present.

To get out of this mess, the legislators must agree to a pay cut and also review the 9bn that will be spent for house and car allowances. We just need to start from somewhere. It can't be business as usual.

3 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Reference(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2015
Same ol. Same ol. Oga. We know all these. WHAT IS THE WAY OUT OF THE SHACKLES OF BIG OIL!!

We are tired of serial grumblers and endless petitioners. What we lack that has made the Nigerian crawl is IDEAS. The new government never offered any, just complained about the out-going. But because Nigerians generally donot know better and expect leadership to think and act for them, everything remains the same time and time and time again. This write up is quite frankly useless for purpose.

3 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Sweetguy25: 6:53pm On May 09, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

Be honest for once. As the Minister of Finance, she derserves every vitroil directed to her. Call a spade a spade, and not a gold chain.

Kwuoropshun.

What did Ngozi do wrong?
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by demantruth2: 6:54pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:

I nor go school boss... Break that down

make u dey use style yap me, ok
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by JuanDeDios: 6:55pm On May 09, 2015
Kay17:
It is a daft article because it abdicates responsibility and makes a scapegoat out of one person. The country has been an oil binge for its entire existence and then you blame the withdrawal symptoms on one person! Ridiculous!

The truth is, all the levels of the Nigerian state are convulsing and the so called masses are responsible for the people that govern them even if autocratic.
You don't get it, do you?

1 Like

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 09, 2015
Mogidi:

But Rauf has enough to pay himself and his close friends, he also has enough to go globe trotting. This former refrigerator repairer knows where he's going after the next election >>>> back to being Tinubu's boy boy.
I was expecting you to actually say same about Kogi state gov. But it shows you still have to work on your reasoning organ.

2 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by demantruth2: 6:59pm On May 09, 2015
buchaisky:
All you jobless fools blaming this woman for no just reason, simply because she's not from your stupid tribe. Animals!

Stop this emotional wreck.

Why should every opinion be about tribe?
Those that criticize FFK, Okupe and Fayose most are Yorubas.

What's your problem

3 Likes

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by danny301: 7:03pm On May 09, 2015
Great write up!
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Kay17: 7:03pm On May 09, 2015
TheFilmmaker:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_curse

How then do you explain healthy economies with natural resources?

The wiki article concedes on the role of a good governance system.
Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by millionaireman: 7:06pm On May 09, 2015
Short of completely reading Adesanmi's long epistle, why must Ogbeni of Osun state or any other state governor depend on Abuja to pay staff salaries?

In which other country of the world does a governance system like that exist where federating units must depend on the central government to pay the salariea of workers in the federating units?

When soldiers from north made nearly every little town in the north to become a state, and every hamlet a local government area, to draw most of Nigeria's revenues and have old northern region maintain a stranglehold on Nigeria's political development through political over-representation, the Adesanmis were mum as the party went on while oil revenues were flowing.

When they were telling the Adesanmis of this world that fiscal federalism is only avenue for Nigeria to develop, the only avenue to have Nigerians from north and south, east and west to think, work and create wealth for the development of their respective areas, the answer was as usual - oil wealth is national heritage.

Now the population is increasing, politicians established a legacy of cutting away volumes from the national cake instead of building the cake, who is to blame?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Microcosm Of Nigeria At Present - Ojo To Ro S'ewuro Lo Ro S'ireke by Actionleap: 7:08pm On May 09, 2015
And to Pius Adesanmi, "adun nii gbeyin ewuro". Meaning; at the end, the bitter leaf brings out its sweetness...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Audio Of $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola (Part 2) / We Will Keep Talking About Corruption Under Jonathan – Osinbajo, Tinubu / Alleged N6.3bn Fraud: I’ve High Blood Pressure, Jang Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.