Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu (2192 Views)

Charles Okah Attempts Jumping From Court’s Third Floor / Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu / Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire - Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by contactlenz: 6:04am On May 10, 2015
Senator-elect and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ogun State, Mr. Buruji Kashamu, on Saturday, denied any past trip to the United States and ruled out any possibility of ever visiting the country in the future.

In an interview with Sahara TV, which was monitored by our correspondent, the PDP chieftain likened such a visit to leaping into fire.

Asked by the interviewer to clarify his alleged involvement in a United States criminal case as detailed in a popular prison memoir-turned-TV series by American, Piper Kerman, Kashamu refuted the claims.

He said, “I am a Nigerian. I am not running away from my fatherland. If anyone thinks he has a case against me, he should follow due process and we will take it up from there. I am not under any obligation to go to the US to answer the same charges after the true judgment of the British court has exonerated me of the same allegations.

“Asking me to take the next available flight to the US so as to clear my name is like asking me to jump in a fire-may the Almighty rescue me from it. If the US prosecutor could hide important evidence that later exonerated me in the UK court, only God knows what they will do in their country.

“I have done a lot of things to clear my name. I spent four years in detention at the hands of the US authorities to prove my innocence before I was eventually exonerated. This was also in the presence of the US prosecutors and other agencies in various countries, like the Republic of Benin, Nigeria. It was after a rigorous trial with pictorial and documentary evidence that I was discharged.”

Kashamu further explained that the case was taken to London and he was acquitted. He added that his accusers should follow legal process if they believed their claims held water.

“I have cleared my name and myself in London. If anybody believes that they have any other case against me, they should come through due process. I am ready to challenge it. I am ready to face it without any problem.

“I have never in my life put my foot into the United States. I have never demanded for their sticker. I have been a businessman right from 18 years old. Up till today, I continue doing my business. My last submission is that I know nothing about what they are saying over there,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/going-to-us-is-like-jumping-into-fire-kashamu/
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by efilefun(m): 6:05am On May 10, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by omenka(m): 6:09am On May 10, 2015
Bwahahahaha. US is an inferno for drug pushers and criminals. Kashamu falls under the category hence his statement. But I keep wondering, this man told us the guy who had a case and is wanted in the US isn't his "Kashamu", that it was a case of mistaken identity,

In reaction to a report by the Associated Press
(AP) alleging that he was indicted in the United
States in 1998, Senator-elect, Buruji Kashamu,
insists he was not the one indicted in the said
case.

He admitted that he was a suspect in an
extradition case instituted against him by the
United States government in British courts
between 1998 and 2003.

He pointed that the British High Court
discharged and acquitted him eventually having
found that it was a case of mistaken identity, 'which the U.S investigators and prosecution team knew about but suppressed in their bid to secure his extradition from the UK to the US.'

pulse.ng/politics/buruji-kashamu-it-wasnt-me-senator-elect-denies-drug-deal-indictment-id3661902.html

now, why is he so afraid??

Old unrepentant liar. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by RichDad1(m): 6:10am On May 10, 2015
No problem. You'll be send to Indonesia. cool
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Wsdm: 6:11am On May 10, 2015
Then go and clear your name since you claim to be innocent.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Young03(m): 6:17am On May 10, 2015
unclear concience fears a lot of acquisations

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by ephemm(m): 6:18am On May 10, 2015
Wsdm:

His name is Kashamu not Innocent

He just dey postpone him imprisonment, na jail he go still retire

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by ephemm(m): 6:19am On May 10, 2015
Wsdm:

His name is Kashamu not Innocent grin

He just dey postpone him imprisonment, na jail he go still retire

2 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by tayebest(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2015
Your trade port is now like going to FIRE ? grin grin
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Rilwayne001: 6:23am On May 10, 2015
This Kashimu should shut is dirty mouth.
Simply go to the US if they born you well. undecided

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by socialmediaman: 6:27am On May 10, 2015
This man will likely be extradited. Even the British might revisit the case if the US establishes evidence of deception..
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by omenka(m): 6:27am On May 10, 2015
Kashamu be acting like a child on his first day in school.

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by IamPatriotic(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2015
He should be extradited to the U.S. fast without delay to clear his name once and for all.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Nobody: 7:02am On May 10, 2015
Kashamu fears going to the US,the Nigerian Senate will not be a shield to him.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Hotstew(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2015
omenka:
Bwahahahaha. US is an inferno for drug pushers and criminals. Kashamu falls under the category hence his statement. But I keep wondering, this man told us the guy who had a case and is wanted in the US isn't his "Kashamu", that it was a case of mistaken identity,

Was he exonerated in UK? YES.

Did the UK courts lie too? US is just looking for a scapegoat. He has never set foot in the USA. If the US thinks otherwise, they should produce a copy of the visa they gave him to enter their country. Abi him disappear enter ni?

4 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by tyson99(m): 7:12am On May 10, 2015
Hotstew:

Was he exonerated in UK? YES.

Did the UK courts lie too? US is just looking for a scapegoat. He has never set foot in the USA. If the US thinks otherwise, they should produce a copy of the visa they gave him to enter their country. Abi him disappear enter ni?
Are you a learner or have you been living in Congo
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by EdCure: 7:20am On May 10, 2015
The lng arm of American justice will catch up with him, whether he agrees to go there or not.

2 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Hotstew(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2015
tyson99:

Are you a learner or have you been living in Congo

Mr learner, simply answer the question.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by seunmsg(m): 7:52am On May 10, 2015
omenka:

Visiting the US is not by force. If he was truly discharged and acquitted by British court for the same charges, then the Americans should leave him alone. There must be an end to litigation.

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by tyson99(m): 7:55am On May 10, 2015
Hotstew:

Mr learner, simply answer the question.
FYI I am from the same town with him and everyone knows what's going on so shut da fvck up cos u know nothing kid

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Yeske2(m): 7:58am On May 10, 2015
We hear you sir but go clear your name for US, why the fear?
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by omenka(m): 7:58am On May 10, 2015
seunmsg:

Visiting the US is not by force. If he was truly discharged and acquitted by British court for the same charges, then the Americans should leave him alone. There must be an end to litigation.
Just check out what a Nigerian is telling the world. And you wonder why they disrespect us around the world. Wow!!!

Somehow I think there are some foreigners posting things on this forum, pretending to be one of us just to undermine our public image internationally. I'm hard-pressed to think you are not a Nigerian honestly.

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Nobody: 8:06am On May 10, 2015
Na waa o, usa wey me dey dream say i wan enter na hin ds old fool dey reject free visa. I beg,if una no wan go. Come gimme ur name oo. Make i take jowee comot here sharp sharp. Abi bawo, make i no mawaa ni?
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Tvegas(m): 8:15am On May 10, 2015
This man should just keep quiet or buy a one-way United or Delta ticket.
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by seunmsg(m): 8:17am On May 10, 2015
omenka:
Just check out what a Nigerian is telling the world. And you wonder why they disrespect us around the world. Wow!!!

Somehow I think there are some foreigners posting things on this forum, pretending to be one of us just to undermine our public image internationally. I'm hard-pressed to think you are not a Nigerian honestly.

This is really very funny. Am no longer a Nigerian because I think visiting US is not by force. See bro, no need being emotional here. Information in public domain shows he was tried for five years in a British court and was found not guilty. The same British court that jailed Ibori discharged and acquitted him. So, why can't they let him be?

If you don't know, the current move to extradite him to the US is simply a political witch hunt by OBJ and nothing else.
I don't support criminality but at the same time, justice must be served fairly to all parties. What OBJ and the US are trying to do is nothing but double jeopardy.

4 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by omenka(m): 8:25am On May 10, 2015
seunmsg:

This is really very funny. Am no longer a Nigerian because I think visiting US is not by force. See bro, no need being emotional here. Information in public domain shows he was tried for five years in a British court and was found not guilty. The same British court that jailed Ibori discharged and acquitted him. So, why can't they let him be?

If you don't know, the current move to extradite him to the US is simply a political witch hunt by OBJ and nothing else.
I don't support criminality but at the same time, justice must be served fairly to all parties. What OBJ and the US are trying to do is nothing but double jeopardy.
First, he isn't being asked to "visit" US as you are trying to twist things here, it's an "extradition". Secondly, you say you don't support criminality but at the same time are against someone showing up in court to prove their innocence; how does that work for you??

Thirdly, even if he was acquitted in the UK as he claims, is UK US?? I just don't see the logic in that statement of yours.

Then you brought up Ibori's case. Is Ibori a free man or is he doing time in jail?? Wasn't he acquitted in Nigeria?? How come he was found guilty in the UK?? Isn't it likely Kashamu could face the same case?? Have you seen the specifics of the charges against him?? Were they the same sets of charges preferred against him in the UK??

Honestly, that comment of yours was utterly shameful. Let him simply go clear his name. He isn't being invited for a party.

4 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Hotstew(m): 8:56am On May 10, 2015
tyson99:

FYI I am from the same town with him and everyone knows what's going on so shut da fvck up cos u know nothing kid

Your ignorance is profound. Simple question you cannot answer yet you know what's going on? There is a common denominator for all APC apologists; they have a lying spirit. That you are from the same town with him does not give you automatic divine knowledge on a man's personal life yet a simple Google search will give you the full details of the case.

3 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Hotstew(m): 9:01am On May 10, 2015
seunmsg:

The funny angle to the whole story is that Kashamu has NEVER set foot on US soil in his life. How come he's being hounded all over the place? The US has allowed itself to be manipulated by OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Hotstew(m): 9:01am On May 10, 2015
seunmsg:

The funny angle to the whole story is that Kashamu has NEVER set foot on US soil in his life. How come he's being hounded all over the place? The US has allowed itself to be manipulated by OBJ..

1 Like

Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by Nobody: 9:15am On May 10, 2015
You want them to come after you bah ?
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by ki02020(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2015
The guy they fear america prison where those bad mexican drug lords inhabits
Re: Going To US Is Like Jumping Into Fire — Kashamu by seunmsg(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2015
omenka:
First, he isn't being asked to "visit" US as you are trying to twist things here, it's an "extradition". Secondly, you say you don't support criminality but at the same time are against someone showing up in court to prove their innocence; how does that work for you??

Thirdly, even if he was acquitted in the UK as he claims, is UK US?? I just don't see the logic in that statement of yours.

Then you brought up Ibori's case. Is Ibori a free man or is he doing time in jail?? Wasn't he acquitted in Nigeria?? How come he was found guilty in the UK?? Isn't it likely Kashamu could face the same case?? Have you seen the specifics of the charges against him?? Were they the same sets of charges preferred against him in the UK??

Honestly, that comment of yours was utterly shameful. Let him simply go clear his name. He isn't being invited for a party.

You really need to look up on the facts of this case again without emotions. Even the British court refused to grant US request for him to be extradited to America when it was discovered that the American prosecutors were hiding key evidence. Kashamu will never get a free trial in America. The British knew this and they promptly refused the extradition request. That's a country that takes fair trial seriously. If he his to be extradited from Nigeria, then, due process must be followed. He should not be extradited based on political witch hunting.

Secondly, Kashamu already proved that he his innocent. He went through a rigorous trial in the British court for 5 years and he was discharged and acquitted. So, what else do you want him to prove again? well, to you, he has to travel to America where he won't get a fair trial to prove his innocence. That is not justice as far as am concerned.

Finally, I don't see anything shameful in asking for a fellow citizen to be fairly treated. An accused his presumed innocent until the court says otherwise. In his case, the court already pronounced him innocent. I won't condemn him for political or emotional reasons.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: The Sweet 1960 / IPOB Wants Buhari's Sack By NAAS / Soldiers Serving In Abuja To Vacate Guards Brigade Accommodation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.