Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan (31151 Views)

Ngige To Ohanaeze: Buhari Not Excluding Ndigbo / In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" / Open Letter To OHANAEZE NIDIGBO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Tolexander: 9:31am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Very fine, that article only support the original post. It was the legitimate Ohanaeze that endorsed Jonathan and the position has not changed. Take a look at the President-General of the group.
which one is legitimate and which one is illegitimate? I think that should be determined by the court and not any interested individual.

A factional group claimed the two-year tenure of the administration of Chief Gary Igariwey would end by January 12, 2015. Hence, the need to form a caretaker committee in order not to have a vacuum of leadership leading to the appointment of Ralph Obiorah caretaker committee.

What has made the leadership of Cheif Gary absolutely legitimate? Though I understand he has his own seeming genuine reason, that is up to the court to decide, not we the interested individuals.

Back to your argument
There is nothing wrong in this report
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-deceived-ndigbo-on-2nd-niger-bridge-ohanaeze-tells-buhari/

since you see nothing wrong in the report below

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/ohaneze-ndigbo-endorses-jonathan-second-tenure/

15 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:32am On May 10, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
don't mind the protection seeker who has suddenly become the spokesman of Ndi Igbo on Nairaland.

Did Jonathan scam Igbos on the second niger bridge? Yes or no?

That's the question we should answer.
Abi o, the guy promised to deliver the bridge in 2015 or go on exile.

Op have you started using the bridge

18 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:33am On May 10, 2015
IyaIode:

Does this make sense to you?

@topic

One faction is loyal to the PDP and the other is loyal to the APC. It is not your place to tell use which one is legitimate.
thank you for this post!

11 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by ibietela2(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2015
[s]
MzJackBaueress:
don't mind the protection seeker who has suddenly become the spokesman of Ndi Igbo on Nairaland.

Did Jonathan scam Igbos on the second niger bridge? Yes or no?

That's the question we should answer.
[/s]

Yoruba claiming Igbo

10 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by ibietela2(m): 9:34am On May 10, 2015
IamOdin:

If Gej won the mor0ns would've found a way to re-integrate into the group without making nuisance of themselves..Politicians,that's one thing they do better than us.

True
Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:35am On May 10, 2015
IamOdin:

Please and please again,Miss..This thread is for NDI-IGBO,not NDI-YORUBA.Leave us to do our thing,,stop disgracing yourself trying to fall in..ok??
Take it to your ibo forum.

8 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by NDPVF(m): 9:37am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Actually I blame the Journalists for publishing the article in a manner that made it appear like the "Ohanaeze has suddenly done a 180' on Goodluck Jonathan. They should have simply said "Factional" or Splinter Ohanaeze group. I wonder what they seek to achieve though
Are you new on Yoruba media propaganda?

9 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:37am On May 10, 2015
It's time to let go of our differences because the elections had become a history, and a new dawn has surfaced. We are all Winners regardless of our preferred Party or Candidate during the polls. We are Winners because we proved the World wrong - for expecting Nigeria to plunge into 21st Century Civil War and eventually break up!
I am seizing this platform and this opportunity to call on Barcanista and his Team to sheath their swords. They should halt their "online" struggle for a bound-to-fail project in Lower Niger Republic, and concentrate their struggles on the Unity of Nigeria.
Rome wasn't built in a Day, and we are definitely going to overcome the challenges we are facing as a Country presently. Let's preach for peace and unity. Let's start making posts that will encourage one Nigeria and promote brotherhood among all Nigerians.
I'm proudly a Nigerian! Are you?

4 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by NDPVF(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2015
IamOdin:

Public attention!!.They want to make their money even if it means tarnishing one's image.They just don't care.
Exactly.
Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by NDPVF(m): 9:41am On May 10, 2015
Ojiofor:
Op,Ngige and okorocha has become agents of disunity in Igboland and our people knows their true leaders.
Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
There are lots of thread with pictures. Well you should follow this link...

www.nairaland.com/2097047/update-onitsha-second-niger-bridge

But in that same thread, the purported 2nd Niger Bridge was proved to be Loko-Oweto bridge in benue state. Or am I missing something?

14 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by IamOdin: 9:45am On May 10, 2015
IyaIode:

Does this make sense to you?

@topic

One faction is loyal to the PDP and the other is loyal to the APC. It is not your place to tell use which one is legitimate.

This girl you are a [size=35pt]F00L [/size] I repeat, [size=35pt]A LARGE F00L. [/size]

why not stay out of this matter??.Must you comment?

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:46am On May 10, 2015
Tolexander:
which one is legitimate and which one is illegitimate? I think that should be determined by the court and not any interested individual.

A factional group claimed the two-year tenure of the administration of Chief Gary Igariwey will end by January 12, 2015. Hence, the need to form a caretaker committee in order not to have a vacuum of leadership leading to the appointment of Ralph Obiorah caretaker committee.

What has made the leadership of Cheif Gary absolutely legitimate. Though I understand he has his own seeming genuine reason, that is up to the court to decide, not we the interested individuals.

Back to your argument
There is nothing wrong in this report
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-deceived-ndigbo-on-2nd-niger-bridge-ohanaeze-tells-buhari/

since you see nothing wrong in the report below

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/ohaneze-ndigbo-endorses-jonathan-second-tenure/
Please Read links before making position. I meantioned that the Court injunction in Support of the legitimate Ohanaeze already. Now read the article...
COURT THREATEN TO JAIL SOME OHANAEZE LEADERs

An Enugu State High Court judge, Justice Romanus Odugu, has threatened to jail some leaders of the Igbo pan cultural group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, for contempt if they disobey an order restraining them from conducting an election to elect a new executive committee for the organisation.

The threat was contained in a Notice of Consequence of Disobedience of Court Order (Form 48) issued by the court on the Ohanaeze Ndigbo chieftains, including an elder statesman, Chief Mbazuluike Amechi, Senator Chris Ngige, Chief Enechi Onyia, SAN, Dr Eze Agbogu, Prince Richard Ozobu, Prince Chukwuemeka Onyesoh, Chief Raph Obioha and Chief Chekwas Okorie.

Others are Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu, Senator Offia Nwali, Dr. Jumbo Offor, Dr. Zed Chukwujama, Prof. Elochuchukwu Amucheazi,   Elder Oyibo Chukwu and Lady Maria Okwor.

The court warned that unless they obey the directives contained in the order, they would be guilty of contempt of court and liable to be committed to prison.

The court had earlier issued an interim injunction, restraining Amechi and four others from holding any election in December 2014, or before January 7, 2015, to elect a new executive for the organisation.

Justice Odugu gave the order in suit no. E/513/2014, which was brought before him by the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Gary Igariwey, and Secretary General, Dr Joe Nwaorgu, on behalf of themselves and the National Executive of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide.

Joined as 1st to 5th defendants respectively in the suit are Chief Mbazulike Amechi, Enechi Onyia, SAN (purported chairman and member of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Elders Council), Prince Eze Agbogu, Prince Richard Ozobu and Chukwuemeka Onyenso (purported chairman and member of the purported Ohanaeze Ndigbo 2014 Election Committee).

The court order read, “The 1st and 5th defendants are hereby restrained from conducting any election for Ohanaeze Ndigbo and/or creating any 3rd party in the National Executive of Ohanaeze Ndigbo

“The defendants, either by themselves, agents or privies, are hereby restrained from making any further public statements, media publications or announcements on behalf of the purported National Executive Committee as constituted by the 1st defendant pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice.

“The defendants are hereby restrained as presently constituted from further parading themselves either as Chairman of Elders Council or members of the National Executive Committee of Ohanaeze Ndigbo respectively, pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice.”

The court also ordered that the plaintiffs/applicants should enter an undertaking to pay damages in the sum of N500, 000 if it turns out that the order ought not to have been made by the court.

It would be recalled that the organisation had been embroiled in a crisis over the tenure of its executive, with some members insisting that the tenure was two years while others, including the members of the current executive committee, said that the duration of their stay in office had been reviewed upwards to four years.
www.punchng.com/news/judge-threatens-to-jail-ohanaeze-leaders/
Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:51am On May 10, 2015
NDPVF:
Are you new on Yoruba media propaganda?

Vanguard has become Yoruba media? grin

8 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:52am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Please Read links before making position. I meantioned that the Court injunction in Support of the legitimate Ohanaeze already. Now read the article...

They quote Punch when it's convenient grin

15 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:55am On May 10, 2015
adeyemi2015:
It's time to let go of our differences because the elections had become a history, and a new dawn has surfaced. We are all Winners regardless of our preferred Party or Candidate during the polls. We are Winners because we proved the World wrong - for expecting Nigeria to plunge into 21st Century Civil War and eventually break up!
I am seizing this platform and this opportunity to call on Barcanista and his Team to sheath their swords. They should halt their "online" struggle for a bound-to-fail project in Lower Niger Republic, and concentrate their struggles on the Unity of Nigeria.
Rome wasn't built in a Day, and we are definitely going to overcome the challenges we are facing as a Country presently. Let's preach for peace and unity. Let's start making posts that will encourage one Nigeria and promote brotherhood among all Nigerians.
I'm proudly a Nigerian! Are you?
I don't understand what you mean by the emboldened. I have said it countless times that Nigeria need restructuring. This is the only condition for we to really say that we are enjoying unity. There are so many fundamental structural flaws that has been negating the growth and development of the Nigeria state and her people. I am not a secessionists, I believe that unity is sweet where there is equity.

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by NDPVF(m): 9:57am On May 10, 2015
Activa:

who is the reporter/Editor in chief?
Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by gists: 9:58am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Obiano though Governor of Anambra state still enjoys his inalienable right to association. His position was his own idea and was never endorsed by the Igbo majority. Beside, he never went there to abuse Jonathan. Arthur Eze is a businessman, he went there for himself and not for Ndigbos. Visiting Buhari though is not all that bad, but what is said at the meeting is more important.

In the case of the APC consortium parading themselves as Ohanaeze, they made it appear like the "Ohanaeze" body did a 180 on Jonathan. Whereas they have been pro-Buhari/APC from the onset. I respect their right to association but their deceptive tactics is the purpose of the thread.
This is getting really getting annoying with all due respect.
When people say Lagos has Igbo men in her cabinet and questions which SE state can reciprocate that goodwill. Our friends are quick to say Igbokwe does not represent the interest of Igbos - an example is this guy I engaged during the April 11 elections
gbosaa:

Agbaje is not your problem, if there's any ethnic tension in Lagos which might affect the pattern of voting today, blame it on Apc and you guys should stop mentioning the igbokwe and nwabueze. Those names are not the face of Igbos in Lagos and have not contributed anything to the progress of Igbo people in lagos. Sack them, they won't be missed.

Fastforward to May, Obiano, the present gov of Anambra state held an opinion prior to the election which the majority of Igbos (at least on NL) related/relates with. Sadly, we are now being told it was his personal opinion and not share by the majority of Igbos. How about that of Arthur Eze? The man that suggested Ngige betrayed Ndigbo by joining Awolowo people at a PDP presidential campaign somewhere in SE. Now suddenly, after that public pronouncement which was covered by national dailies, we are now being told that it was his personal opinion.

The body (whether a fraction or not) named Ohaneze has come out and made a statement and yet again, we are being told it not from the general Ndigbos. The question now is who the hell is speaking on behalf of Ndigbos that will not be denied a couple of months down the line? At this rate, I doubt if a statement or position of the Obi of Onitsha is representative of the position of Ndigbos as it can easily be denied when conditions are not favourable.

I am definitely not qualified or even interested in advising anybody, but I find it hard to believe any group will be taken seriously if it keep this 2-face double-standard "hypocrisy".

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 9:58am On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:

But in that same thread, the purported 2nd Niger Bridged was proved to be Loko-Oweto bridge in benue state. Or am I missing something?
Omg i can't stop laughing after reading that thread.

2 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:00am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
There are lots of thread with pictures. Well you should follow this link...

www.nairaland.com/2097047/update-onitsha-second-niger-bridge
Oga this your link is full of lies na.

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:11am On May 10, 2015
IyaIode:

Oga this your link is full of lies na.
Had to modify that post after reading till the last page. However, work is on ground from personal enquiry I made to a friend in Asaba. Sorry for the misleading Chino thread.. However, in March 2015, there was a report that Unemployed Graduates stopped work at the Second Niger Bridge.
allafrica.com/stories/201503170861.html

If Work wasn't ongoing, tell me which work was stopped?

Cc: Passingshot

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:20am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
I don't understand what you mean by the emboldened. I have said it countless times that Nigeria need restructuring. This is the only condition for we to really say that we are enjoying unity. There are so many fundamental structural flaws that has been negating the growth and development of the Nigeria state and her people. I am not a secessionists, I believe that unity is sweet where there is equity.
You are far better than being partial with your post(s). Also, I believe you can do more to promote the ailing unity of the Country with your post(s). It's obvious that you are more concerned about your region than the Country at large since your defection to the PDP.
You can still be in PDP and keep making things right on Nairaland. Calling GMB #Babaonechance ,and never believe in him again, clearly reveals your hatred toward one Nigeria.
You and I know GMB is far better than GEJ, but sentiment has obscured your good sense of reasoning and judgment (deeply apologize if it offends).
Kindly start making post(s) that will educate and enlighten all Nairalanders; basically on the importance of One Nigeria, and it's benefits to all regions.
I implore you to believe in the incoming Government as you once fervently believed in the Candidacy of the General. You can detest APC as a Party but don't denounce GMB's competence, integrity and love for the Country.

13 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 10:20am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Had to modify that post after reading till the last page. However, work is on ground from personal enquiry I made to a friend in Asaba. Sorry for the misleading Chino thread..

Then, it is save to say that the factional Ndigbo is correct in their assertion that the 2nd Niger Bridge was a scam.

My own point is not whether they represent the generality of Ndigbo or not. It is that their reason for saying Jonathan failed them is valid and correct.

6 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:27am On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Then, it is save to say that the factional Ndigbo is correct in their assertion that the 2nd Niger Bridge was a scam.

My own point is not whether they represent the generality of Ndigbo or not. It is that their reason for saying Jonathan failed them is valid and correct.
Not so fast...That Chino's pictures was fraudulent doesn't mean no work is ongoing. Read the article slowly and tell me whether or not no work is ongoing...
Asaba — UNEMPLOYED graduates from Asaba, on Sunday, temporarily stopped work at the site of the second River Niger Bridge when they besieged the premises of Julius Berger Plc, the company handling the construction.

The unemployed graduates besieged the site of the work, demanding for slots in the employment of the company.

They said the law governing employment in Delta State indicated that companies must employ 50 per cent and 30 per cent of their unskilled and skilled workers respectively from their immediate environment...Click that link to read more

If no work is ongoing, then which work was stopped by the Asaba Youths?

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by dustmalik: 10:28am On May 10, 2015
Activa:

They quote Punch when it's convenient grin
Activa:

Nice one. Don't mind the hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Tolexander: 10:38am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:

Judge threatens to jail Ohanaeze leaders
JANUARY 6, 2015 : IHUOMA CHIEDOZIE
An Enugu State High Court judge, Justice
Romanus Odugu, has threatened to jail some
leaders of the Igbo pan cultural group, Ohanaeze
Ndigbo, for contempt if they disobey an order
restraining them from conducting an election to
elect a new executive committee for the
organisation.

The threat was contained in a Notice of
Consequence of Disobedience of Court Order
(Form 48) issued by the court on the Ohanaeze
Ndigbo chieftains, including an elder statesman,
Chief Mbazuluike Amechi, Senator Chris Ngige,
Chief Enechi Onyia, SAN, Dr Eze Agbogu, Prince
Richard Ozobu, Prince Chukwuemeka Onyesoh,
Chief Raph Obioha and Chief Chekwas Okorie.
Others are Prof. Ukwu I. Ukwu, Senator Offia
Nwali, Dr. Jumbo Offor, Dr. Zed Chukwujama,
Prof. Elochuchukwu Amucheazi, Elder Oyibo
Chukwu and Lady Maria Okwor.
The court warned that unless they obey the
directives contained in the order, they would be
guilty of contempt of court and liable to be
committed to prison.
The court had earlier issued an interim
injunction, restraining Amechi and four others
from holding any election in December 2014, or
before January 7, 2015, to elect a new executive
for the organisation.
Justice Odugu gave the order in suit no.
E/513/2014, which was brought before him by
the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief
Gary Igariwey, and Secretary General, Dr Joe
Nwaorgu, on behalf of themselves and the
National Executive of Ohanaeze Ndigbo
Worldwide.
Joined as 1st to 5th defendants respectively in
the suit are Chief Mbazulike Amechi, Enechi
Onyia, SAN (purported chairman and member of
Ohanaeze Ndigbo Elders Council), Prince Eze
Agbogu, Prince Richard Ozobu and Chukwuemeka
Onyenso (purported chairman and member of the
purported Ohanaeze Ndigbo 2014 Election
Committee).
The court order read, “The 1st and 5th
defendants are hereby restrained from
conducting any election for Ohanaeze Ndigbo
and/or creating any 3rd party in the National
Executive of Ohanaeze Ndigbo
“The defendants, either by themselves, agents or
privies, are hereby restrained from making any
further public statements, media publications or
announcements on behalf of the purported
National Executive Committee as constituted by
the 1st defendant pending the hearing and
determination of the Motion on Notice.
“The defendants are hereby restrained as
presently constituted from further parading
themselves either as Chairman of Elders Council
or members of the National Executive Committee
of Ohanaeze Ndigbo respectively, pending the
hearing and determination of the Motion on
Notice.”
The court also ordered that the plaintiffs/
applicants should enter an undertaking to pay
damages in the sum of N500, 000 if it turns out
that the order ought not to have been made by
the court.

[size=16pts]It would be recalled that the organisation had
been embroiled in a crisis over the tenure of its
executive, with some members insisting that the
tenure was two years while others, including the
members of the current executive committee,
said that the duration of their stay in office had
been reviewed upwards to four years.
[/size]
Common Man,

The link provided isn't about the legitimacy of any of the factions. But the Court Order for the suspension of any election to elect leaders for the group.

The sole reason for the Order is for Interim Injunction on the pending case of tenure duration of Chief Gary. The Court hasn't made its stand on the case.

prove to us the legitimacy of a faction

8 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:39am On May 10, 2015
adeyemi2015:

You are far better than being partial with your post(s). Also, I believe you can do more to promote the ailing unity of the Country with your post(s). It's obvious that you are more concerned about your region than the Country at large since your defection to the PDP.
You can still be in PDP and keep making things right on Nairaland. Calling GMB #Babaonechance ,and never believe in him again, clearly reveals your hatred toward one Nigeria.
You and I know GMB is far better than GEJ, but sentiment has obscured your good sense of reasoning and judgment (deeply apologize if it offends).
Kindly start making post(s) that will educate and enlighten all Nairalanders; basically on the importance of One Nigeria, and it's benefits to all regions.
I implore you to believe in the incoming Government as you once fervently believed in the Candidacy of the General. You can detest APC as a Party but don't denounce GMB's competence, integrity and love for the Country.
Mind you I am first an Ijaw before being a Nigerian. It is not out of place for one to identify with his/her ethnic group's struggle and demand as long as such struggle is confined within the global laid down acceptable terms. The demand for restructuring did not start today neither is it tied to Jonathan/PDP. It is not out of place to demand for a referendum if ones demands aren't met. Scotland held theirs last year and decided to stay with the UK. Kosovo held theirs in 2008 and opted for independence. Spain had to allow Catalonians more autonomy in order to keep them together (though some still demand independence). Serbia had to allow Montenegrians referendum in 2006 when they made such demand. The list is endless. UK Conservative Party led by Cameron has made it clear that the UK will renegotiate their terms within the EU and will have a referendum whether or not to remain in the union. That doesn't mean Cameron hate EU or whatever.

The point is people should be together in unity and mutual benefit/understanding rather than a particular party feeling aggrived.

As for Buhari, he's the President-elect, I will always wish his administration well but it doesn't mean I am going to "fall in line". My position isn't out of place

2 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:44am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Obiano though Governor of Anambra state still enjoys his inalienable right to association. His position was his own idea and was never endorsed by the Igbo majority. Beside, he never went there to abuse Jonathan. Arthur Eze is a businessman, he went there for himself and not for Ndigbos. Visiting Buhari though is not all that bad, but what is said at the meeting is more important.

In the case of the APC consortium parading themselves as Ohanaeze, they made it appear like the "Ohanaeze" body did a 180 on Jonathan. Whereas they have been pro-Buhari/APC from the onset. I respect their right to association but their deceptive tactics is the purpose of the thread.
Let me ask you. Who truly are the real Ohanaeze,cuz we just dey hear of different igbo groups and association visiting GMB.
Is Arthur Eze not a pdp money bag.
Guy leave matter jare,weda u lyk or it. Gej has scammed igbo ppl big time,it's high time dey put deir house in order or else dey will never smell the number 1 position of this country.
By the way,who made u d spokesman of the igbos,u don turn FFK ni.

2 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:45am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Mind you I am first an Ijaw before being a Nigerian. It is not out of place for one to identify with his/her ethnic group's struggle and demand as long as such struggle is confined within the global laid down acceptable terms. The demand for restructuring did not start today neither is it tied to Jonathan/PDP. It is not out of place to demand for a referendum is ones demands aren't met. Scotland held theirs last year and decided to stay with the UK. Kosovo held theirs in 2008 and opted for independence. Spain had to allow Catalonians more autonomy in order to keep them together (though some still demand independence). Serbia had to allow Montenegrians referendum in 2006 when they made such demand. The list is endless. UK Conservative Party led by Cameron has made it clear that the UK will renegotiate their terms within the EU and will have a referendum whether or not to remain in the union. That doesn't mean Cameron hate EU or whatever.

The point is people should be together in unity and mutual benefit/understanding rather that a particular party feeling aggrived.

As for Buhari, he's the President-elect, I will always wish his administration well but it doesn't mean I am going to "fall in line". My position isn't out of place
Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:45am On May 10, 2015
Tolexander:

Common Man,

The link provided isn't about the legitimacy of any of the factions. But the Court Order for the suspension of any election to elect leaders for the group.

The sole reason for the Order is for Interim Injunction on the pending case of tenure duration of Chief Gary. The Court hasn't made its stand on the case.

proof to us the legitimacy of a faction

It is certain that you are only interested in "argument" and not discussion. An injunction remains legitimate until another ruling overrides it. If not, why didn't the APC impostor group organise election? Why did they sit down to appoint themselves in offices and even change the name of their group? Why aren't they using the Enugu Headquarter of the Group? Why is nthere no single State Chapter backing them? Abeg leave matter my guy...

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Not so fast...That Chino's pictures was fraudulent doesn't mean no work is ongoing. Read the article slowly and tell me whether or not no work is ongoing...

If no work is ongoing, then which work was stopped by the Asaba Youths?

I didn't say or give an impression that no work was/is ongoing. After all, a project which has achieved only 5% completion even after four years is still work in progress!. My point is GEJ promised 2nd Niger Bridge during 2011 electioneering campaign and he failed to deliver it; hence the Ndigbo faction saying he failed them was correct.

7 Likes

Re: In Response To "Ohanaeze's" Recent Claim Against Jonathan by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:50am On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
Had to modify that post after reading till the last page. However, work is on ground from personal enquiry I made to a friend in Asaba. Sorry for the misleading Chino thread.. However, in March 2015, there was a report that Unemployed Graduates stopped work at the Second Niger Bridge.

If Work wasn't ongoing, tell me which work was stopped?

IyaIode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Jo2-CCSQU

https://www.nairaland.com/2275111/work-on-going-2nd-niger-bridge

https://www.nairaland.com/1820265/onitsha-2nd-niger-bridge-massive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: Buhari & APC Side-lined Me After I Helped Them Win 2015 Election / Lai Mohammed Reacts To Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen / EFCC Opens New Office In Ilorin, Kwara. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.