Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,910 members, 7,824,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor (42015 Views)

Emmanuel Adebayor Flaunts His Car Garage / Emmanuel Adebayor To Meet Flute-Player With Nostril - Pics / Emmanuel Adebayor Share His Pain, Ordeals And Family On Facebook(kindly advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by doyinbaby(f): 5:52pm On May 10, 2015
Emmanuel all these expose don do now,stop exposing your family
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 10, 2015
All I can see is the life of a typical yoruba boy who refuses to make himself useful because *egbon* is successful.

Don't quote me plz

I'm having a bad day
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by jamace(m): 5:55pm On May 10, 2015
Some terrible brothers could make one go mad.
I feel your pains, Adebayor.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by 1N9a: 5:56pm On May 10, 2015
Pls ur brother is dead.... can u pls have some respect for the dead and allow ur brother to rest in peace...?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by mrsmith11(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2015
In as much I don't like the fact is talking about his family on public forum but i can't blame him.
Before now all I heard was that he abandon his family,that is a wicked person who abandon his mother to be selling on road side and I was very disappointed in him until he came out with his own story now

Do you know how many people is insulting this guy because they don't have his own side of the story so I wouldn't blame him but I think he should stop here and find the best possible way to resolve the issue either by settling with them or give them space

My 10 cent

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 10, 2015
Nothing ruins the family faster than strife. Pls, life is too short to burry another man's headache in u. Focus and keep doing what you know how best to do. Only look upon the Lord and your victory shall know no bounds.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by bolliejay(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2015
Chai........dat Rotimi guy even hv the gut to call and his brother the fone he stole was not 21? Wonder shall neva end
I think he needs delivarance cos his case is not ordinary
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by saintol(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2015
I can understand your pain man. Some families are just like that. But if i were you, i wont come to the public to actually embarrass them, i will just fold my arms, cross my legs and concentrate on my life, 'ko kan aiye' they will come back to beg me, 'ogun ko, ase ati agbara olorun ni' I once experienced some thing like this in my extended family, when i couldn't coup, i gave them Red Card. I dont have time for rubbish. From what i have known about life, it is good to have ' a responisble and reasonable' family, and one should be able to trust them to some extent, but when the trust and love that you have for some of the family member seem to be fading away, 'evaluate them; then promote, demote or terminate your relationship with them. You are the CEO of your life'. A yoruba adage says that, ' Karin kapo, yiye ni n yeni'. But a situation may arise in life when walking together wont just work out, in a situation like that, it is advisable to 'walk alone'. 'Bi karin kapo ko ba yeni, ki onikaluku rin irin e lo too too'. I like the yoruba adage that says that,' eni to so ebi nu, o so apo iya ko' but i think something is really missing that adage. It should be,' eni to ba so ebi 'gidi' nu, o so apo iya ko'. It may actually be the other way round sometimes. Some of our adages need to be reviewed, most especially when they seem somehow questionable on the path of justice, fairness and equity. How do you expect one to continue copin with a family that doesn't want your progress, and it isn't that when you have you dont give them, yet they aren't just happy about your progress. One with God is a majority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by darlenese(f): 5:59pm On May 10, 2015
Rotimi you remind me of a state Governor of a water state!

SEA you have tried everything except prayers ,
Your bro needs prayers not public embarrassment
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Madeu(m): 6:00pm On May 10, 2015
ayoolanr:
This dude is such a public f00l....why can't he keep this 5hit private? I mean, if he needs an outlet to vent, why can't he find a close family or friend to vent to?? No common sense!!!
What made him a 'Public F00l'? He kept it private, the situation affected his football career.

And you are sure he hasn't consultated close family and friends.

SEA want us to learn from his family ordeal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by MicroBox: 6:00pm On May 10, 2015
Can Adebayor manage his nuclear family.,. na na I doubt .. Right from initial what suppose do is to get the family a big family house, settle the mother and get your his own separate house far from the family house where Zadane, Deco, Kano, Ronaldo or football can stay when visiting Africa. Not living with all family member like a starter. Mr Adebayor just thank Allah your career is not over yet, wakeup and detach your self from family wahala. You have a good heart and what to carry your family along but my just leave and move on.. you are true African. In Africa we love our family and always think about how we all got starter...
Move on my guy
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by hidee20(m): 6:02pm On May 10, 2015
vheMa:
Adebayor I no knw sad Rotimi I no knowsad Football I no knw sad
dont u think u should start knowing? grin
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by themodernman: 6:10pm On May 10, 2015
qbd2:
this doesnt seem right at all. all i see is a family gradually breaking apart. i mean to dedicate episodes for each of ur family? its not right @ all no matter how much dey may have hurt him.

Its easier said dan done...take a walk in his shoes and you'll know how it hurts...charity they say begins at home...when there's chaos at home only a strong mind won't be affected...trouble outside is nothing compared to dat within the home..

I'm talking from experience, it can be so anguishing to be seen as nothing but a cashcow..that's why I prayed for my siblings to even be successful than I am so they won't bother me as they're tarnishing Adebayor's image right now....unfortunately that prayer wasn't answered sad
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by hbb2: 6:11pm On May 10, 2015
mulante:
They said ... Adebayor is an ingrate.

He defends himself with facts telling why he doesn't have a good relationship with his family.

They say ... Adebayor is exposing his family secret.
No matter what tranpired between him n his family, its not right to sell them so cheaply. D best thing to do is to mend fences. Is it xposing d family dat would solve d problem?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 10, 2015
Once upon a time, family was everything. There is an history to how the maxim came about. However the world has changed. It is possible to estrange from one's family and yet live a fulfilling and happy life. You can create a new family, change your last name, make great friends and live happily ever after without little or no regret. I would rather live alone with 7 cats, books and tea than surround myself with ingrates be it a family members or friends.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by hbb2: 6:11pm On May 10, 2015
mulante:
They said ... Adebayor is an ingrate.

He defends himself with facts telling why he doesn't have a good relationship with his family.

They say ... Adebayor is exposing his family secret.
No matter what tranpired between him n his family, its not right to sell them so cheaply. D best thing to do is to mend fences. Is it xposing d family dat would solve d problem?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by oyetunder(m): 6:13pm On May 10, 2015
Africans and their family members bondage... Chai! The guy has to defend himself, thank God that his brda did not sell his legs ooo. But this is so simple, Ignore them and move on... We cannot in name of blood is thicker than water and allow our relatives to kill us. Abel made that mistake, and Cain ended his life in an open field. Open field? Yes, just like a soccer pitch. Family members are good at making 'gods' out of the few who are blessed to be rich and famous...they enjoy sucking the breasts of such few individuals, forgetting that even breast feeding has a limit among mothers.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by M4gunners: 6:13pm On May 10, 2015
Some of you saying why is he exposing his Family, Una no dey try at all. If he keep quiet and die of thinking na una go still talk say he dey hide his problem. Rotimi is a good for nothing guy of a thing. He has done the worst by stealing the handset of his follow team mate. He was lucky they sack him, if it were to be in Germany, he's going to jail for that. Adebayor just forget about that boy and focus on ur career. U no go die because of brother God forbid bad thing.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by omoakinn: 6:14pm On May 10, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
I won't blame Adebayor, he has kept mute for long but he has been pushed to the wall, his anger explode like bomb.

Correct

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 10, 2015
AndreRose:
The brother is a kleptomaniac. He needs to stop.
His brother will make a perfect politician in Nigeria.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by themodernman: 6:16pm On May 10, 2015
youmour:
Some families do have them,SEA just focus on your career jare,if you are touched to assist them then assist but dont ruin your livelihood because of something as trivial as this.

Harsh reality about LIFE be say at the end na only you waka come

Na only you oh my brother..just do your best...
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by basty: 6:17pm On May 10, 2015
I pray, The Lord will be with this guy Emmanuel Adebayor. He has paid the price. I share in his troubles, it is not easy to be in this kind situation. He needs our prayers, they want him run mad. The good Lord will see him through. Now he needs Christ Jesus the more, it is foundational but I see him after the storm overcoming. The Lord is his strength.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by baybeeboi: 6:17pm On May 10, 2015
vheMa:
sorryangry don't knw u o sad
you know me now, am Chukwuemeka, ur old timie
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 10, 2015
themodernman:

Its easier said dan done...take a walk in his shoes and you'll know how it hurts...charity they say begins at home...when there's chaos at home only a strong mind won't be affected...trouble outside is nothing compared to dat within the home..

I'm talking from experience, it can be so anguishing to be seen as nothing but a cashcow..that's why I prayed for my siblings to even be successful than I am so they won't bother me as they're tarnishing Adebayor's image right now....unfortunately that prayer wasn't answered sad
Hmm, but wud u wash ur family's dirty linen in public like this as if they were strangers?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by boxypane(m): 6:19pm On May 10, 2015
Part 3 on d way. Is like d father passed d whole house responsibilities on his son, down to house affairs and management. AfrikanSsss!
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 10, 2015
ayoolanr:
This dude is such a public f00l....why can't he keep this 5hit private? I mean, if he needs an outlet to vent, why can't he find a close family or friend to vent to?? No common sense!!!

If a family u hv done so much for grant interviews destroyin d name u hv built for so long, what will u do? In as much as it hurts to see d family breaking apart,,Adebayor is kinda right to defend his name cuz his matters more than anyone's in d fam

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by xtervaganza(m): 6:22pm On May 10, 2015
I think exposing them is a good idea. Some people are ingrates ( I've had friends like that b4) you spend your money on them and they still turn around to talk crap about you
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by otiigba1(m): 6:25pm On May 10, 2015
Justfollowit:
Once upon a time, family was everything. There is an history to how the maxim came about. However the world has changed. It is possible to estrange from one's family and yet live a fulfilling and happy life. You can create a new family, change your last name, make great friends and live happily ever after without little or no regret. I would rather live alone with 7 cats, books and tea than surround myself with ingrates be it a family members or friends.
this sound very sad, quite unfortunate i must add undecided
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by NanaAmofah(m): 6:26pm On May 10, 2015
he is not washin his dirty cloths but the guy feel real pain.
come see how the family members are movin from one radio station to another here in GHANA tarnishin the image of dis guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by otiigba1(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2015
xtervaganza:
I think exposing them is a good idea. Some people are ingrates ( I've had friends like that b4) you spend your money on them and they still turn around to talk crap about you

same here, i feel you man angry
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 10, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Emmanuel Adebayor
SEA, here is another part of the story I have kept inside since. Today I feel the constant need to let it out. If I share my stories, it is because I believe every story comes with a lesson. And the lesson is for anyone that is reading this. This is about a brother who keeps saying today that I am not a good support for our family. His name is Rotimi Adebayor. At the age of 13, he did something very bad. He and I know what he did. Because of that our parents had to send him to a village far from the big city. When I started to be successful in football and I went to Togo for vacation; at that time one of my mother’s friend came from the village to visit us. As she explained how Rotimi was suffering in the village, I immediately asked them to bring him back into the city. As soon as he came back, I made sure I put him in school. For me that is normal.

In 2002, I went to play the AFCON in Mali and I had the huge privilege to swap my shirt with Marc-Vivien Foé. May his soul rest in peace. When I got back to Togo, I put that shirt in a secure place. My brother found a way to steal that shirt and sold it.

When I moved from Metz to Monaco, we reached an advanced stage in the Champions League and we played against Real Madrid. It was one of most beautiful day of my life because I was lucky enough to get a signed shirt from the football legend Zinedine Zidane. As I brought that shirt back to Togo, my brother still found a way to steal that shirt and sold it.

When I was in Metz, I was earning about €15,000 a month. I wanted to get something unique for my mom to thank her for all she did for me. I wanted to make her happy. So I decided to take an amount worth 3 months of my wages and I bought her a Cartier neckless for about €45,000. Rotimi and his friends Akim(@Yam Freedom) and Tao (@Sao Tao Oyawole) made a plan and stole that precious neckless. They sold it for about €800. When my mom and I found out, my mother asked me not to bother because he is the younger brother. Despite the situation, I would like to take this same occasion to wish all the mothers out there a Happy Mother’s Day!

In my house, I have a storage room where I keep some of my belongings when I travel back to Europe. I am the only one with that key but my brother managed to get a master key that was able to open every single door in the house. He frequently stole drinks and other items from that room.

After all this we kept saying “blood is thicker than water” and we moved on. Therefore, I decided to take him where I started my football in France. I brought him to a great football academy in France. You already know how this story ended. He stole cellphones from many of his teammates and they sacked him from the football academy. By the way, after I published the first story about him, he called me to say that he did not steal exactly 21 phones. He claimed that the number was lower than that. Still...Is that acceptable? He also added that I should be happy that he stole drinks and other items from my storage room. I asked him why and he replied: "Because I am your brother".

Jacques Songo’o who is now a retired Cameroonian footballer also had his son in the academy and he was a good friend of Rotimi. Let me add that he was part of my development as a footballer and he always gave me good advices. I was in Togo on my days off when Songo’ocalled me; he sounded very angry. He explained to me how my brother stole his son’s PSP. When I asked my brother why he did that, he argued that he forgot it in his bag. How can you forget someone else’s device in your bag and travel with it from France to Togo? Since that day, my relationship with Songo'o changed and he has become pretty distant with me and my family.

I was still in Monaco when I decided to collect all football boots from my teammates so I could give them to people in Africa. I had a huge bag full of shoes. I brought that bag to Togo. A few days after when I decided to give the boots out to the people in need, I noticed the bag full of boots disappeared. Later on, I found out that my brother was the one who stole the bag and went to sell the shoes in Hedzranawoé (famous public market in Togo).

One day, my mom called me early in the morning when I was still in bed. She told me that Rotimi has gotten a Visa to go to Dubai so he can play football out there. He had to leave that day with his friend Kodjovi (@Denilson de Souza) who was in the same situation. It was either they went that day or the Visa would be suspended. I asked one of my guys at the time (@Agui Mozino) to go find tickets for my brother and his friend. We could not find any economy class ticket on that day so I had to get them both first class tickets. After all, it was an opportunity for him to make his own career in Dubai. Only 4days later, Rotimi went back home. He explained how the lifestyle in Dubai was not made for him. He said he wasn’t free to do what he wanted to do because it is a strictly Muslim place. He couldn't drink, party as much as he wanted or kiss girls in public.

The part 3 is coming out soon and it will be about the man that calls himself the father of the family @Kola Adebayor A.K.A Lion of Judah.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1651703141725038&substory_index=0&id=1377345199160835. SEA should take things easy, we all ve family issues bothering our minds, Gos wil make u happy cos u re not and he will see u tru and for your am sure he is d next Oyenusi or mufu olosha oko

Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: loneric01
Cc: Semid4lyfe

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shed More Light About Is Brother Rotimi Adebayor by themodernman: 6:27pm On May 10, 2015
henchamb:
Same story in many African homes. We need to change our orientation towards a successful relation.

Some ppl see their kids as some sort of investment. They think since they took care of their kids then he MUST also take care of them...they don't know its their RESPONSIBILITY to take care of their kids whether the kids take care of them in future or not...

Its not a contract or a deal, it's a MUST to care of your kids whether they return the favour in future or not...if you can't bear this fact then do NOT bear the kids..
Until people reorientate themselves, all ds wahala go continue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.