Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan (52726 Views)

Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / 2015 Elections: I Hope Patience Will Not Divorce Me – Jonathan / MEND Leader, Henry Okah Was Paid To Assassinate Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by laprino(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2015
Divorce u over what...if she does,that means she has no true love for you then.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 10, 2015
cold:
Maybe he never made any such comment,maybe it was just a humorous tongue in cheek comment which has been blown out of proportion by the typical mediocre journalists now littering the country with their form of yellow journalism. I always have my pinch of salt ready when reading Nigerian news print articles.

But of course!
That anyone would think otherwise is
simply, lipsrsealed and shocked
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Mbediogu(m): 8:32pm On May 10, 2015
[quote author=khattab008 post=33607336]Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

Speaking at a thanks giving and farewell service in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life-Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja, President Jonathan cited the case of the former South African Apartheid leader, FW De Clerk whose wife divorced him for taking the decision to end the minority rule in the Republic of South Africa.

President Jonathan who expressed appreciation to Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve at various capacities reiterated his willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice in the interest of the Nation.

He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited? Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear. When FW De Clerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made RSA to still remain a global player by this time. If we still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for the generality of the people but it might affect people differently. So for ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathize with them, they will be persecuted. And they must be ready for that persecution” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2015-elections-i-hope-my-wife-will-not-divorce-me-j
You should have disussed. Family before nation.

If she divorces u, the Nigerian elite will not.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by themodernman: 8:32pm On May 10, 2015
Tecnonews24:
PEG WILL BE REMEMBER AS ONE THE WOMEN WHO STOOD BY HER HUSBAND TO ACHIEVE IS POLITICAL AMBITION DESPITE THE CRITICISM FROM ALL ANGLES. GOD CANNOT GIVE EVERYTHING TO ONE PERSON, OTHERWISE NO WOMEN OF KIND WOULD HAVE BE ABLE TO MARCHED UR POLITICAL SAGACITY. WE LOVE U.

PEJ was overzealous & foolish in d way she handled things even though she had good intentions.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by DDoubleUps(m): 8:33pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:
THIS LAND COSTS JUST 50m.
ONLY FOR SERIOUS BUYERS.......
you can even not comment... it is not a must to do it.... congrats on being the biggest landowner in nairaland!!!
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Caliph69: 8:33pm On May 10, 2015
easystudy101:

LIES!!!!

Not lies. I watched the thanksgiving session.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by DExplorer1: 8:34pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:
The clueless president has just shown the world the kinda person his partner is. (Self-Centered, violent, inconsiderate, Dishonest and manipulative)

This is, again, to show that two of them have not been on speaking terms since Jonathan conceded defeat.

This is also to show that PEJ is the husband and GEJ, the wife.

This also proves that PEJ loves violence and that she masterminded the okirika violence..
Dude, stop ranting! In as much as i dislike Jonathan's administration, you and those that liked your comment have no right to speak ill of a line intended for comic relieve.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Caliph69: 8:36pm On May 10, 2015
ifyan:
Please someone should tell it is a joke.

I believe PEJ is not stupid.

It was a joke.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:
The clueless president has just shown the world the kinda person his partner is. (Self-Centered, violent, inconsiderate, Dishonest and manipulative)

This is, again, to show that two of them have not been on speaking terms since Jonathan conceded defeat.

This also proves that PEJ loves violence and that she masterminded the okirika violence..
mumu

thats why nobody in Ur family and generation can even be a chancellor

God punish u
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by beyoncausme: 8:37pm On May 10, 2015
if she dose,its for his own good......

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by midolian(m): 8:39pm On May 10, 2015
Caliph69:

I think this proves how daft you're by buying every line of a story hook, line and sinker. I watched the service session, and the speech made by GEJ. It was a humorous statement.
keep thinking, u bloody e-diot..my comment was based on the post...you don't expect me to assume its untrue when there is a verifiable source attached to it. If vanguard drops a different news tomoro, my comment will still be based on it.

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by phabulux: 8:40pm On May 10, 2015
khattab008:
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

Speaking at a thanks giving and farewell service in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life-Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja, President Jonathan cited the case of the former South African Apartheid leader, FW De Clerk whose wife divorced him for taking the decision to end the minority rule in the Republic of South Africa.

President Jonathan who expressed appreciation to Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve at various capacities reiterated his willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice in the interest of the Nation.

He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited? Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear. When FW De Clerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made RSA to still remain a global player by this time. If we still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for the generality of the people but it might affect people differently. So for ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathize with them, they will be persecuted. And they must be ready for that persecution” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2015-elections-i-hope-my-wife-will-not-divorce-me-jonathan/

Christ!

'That I have ran'

I supported you against Buhari four years ago, but, I'm glad that I supported Buhari in this last presidential election. I deliberately voted against you because of your wife.
And because of your English.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by andyanders: 8:41pm On May 10, 2015
Is she chose to divorce you, you should be happy because she is not beautiful and cannot offer any good thing at ALL.

How can a woman like PJ give someone any heartbreak?
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Osakah24(m): 8:42pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:

next time try and read the post before commenting.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Caliph69: 8:43pm On May 10, 2015
cold:
Maybe he never made any such comment,maybe it was just a humorous tongue in cheek comment which has been blown out of proportion by the typical mediocre journalists now littering the country with their form of yellow journalism. I always have my pinch of salt ready when reading Nigerian news print articles.

Don't mind those journalists, and some of us here reading with opened eyes and hibernated brain.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by 1stola: 8:43pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 10, 2015
grin ;DMaybe your mama toto go sweet pass her own
shikshark:
then you go back to madueke abi her toto don tire u?
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Johniyke2flex(m): 8:45pm On May 10, 2015
omenka:
Just imagine a president speaking. cheesycheesy

I believe Nigeria can NEVER sink lower than this. Chai!!! cheesy

See one of the people forming i-too-know on nairaland. How gullible can u be? You are one very predictable bigot.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kalufelix(m): 8:45pm On May 10, 2015
cold:
Exactly

Seems you saw the clip

Yeye journalists + Yeye op
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by ebosed: 8:46pm On May 10, 2015
khattab008:
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2015-elections-i-hope-my-wife-will-not-divorce-me-jonathan/

It was de clark who asked for divorce and not his wife. His wife even begged him not to divorce her. GEJ these your aids have not stop feeding you with lies and you too cannot fact finds what they tell you. How long would it take you to learn from your mistakes. Beside, de clark divorced his wife more than 4 years after he left. Mtcheew...

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by davido0849: 8:47pm On May 10, 2015
I don't think it's true. Our ex-president wouldn't condescend so low 2 make such a statement. But if it's true, i must ask dis question; who is d husband and who is d wife? If it's really true, then, this man is just 2 much of a woman wrapper! Gosh!
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Davivah: 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
The last statement on thanksgiving was so touching... Wish you luck GEJ

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by shammah1(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
Your hate will only lead you to destruction
midolian:

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
Caliph69:

I think this proves how daft you're by buying every line of a story hook, line and sinker. I watched the service session, and the speech made by GEJ. It was a humorous statement.
Humor or not, Nigeria will do better without the likes of GEJ and his big fat wife PEJ.

May 29 is fast approaching.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Spaxon(f): 8:49pm On May 10, 2015
bettercreature:
Make i offer you Beloxxi cream cracker?,its not possible for a Nigerian lady to divorce at over 50years expecially when she knows her husband is a former head of state (Nigerian Ladies Mentality)

since when did. jona become army man.....

anyways dat ur beloxxi don expire
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by InvertedHammer: 8:51pm On May 10, 2015
Tecnonews24:
PEG WILL BE REMEMBER AS ONE THE WOMEN WHO STOOD BY HER HUSBAND TO ACHIEVE IS POLITICAL AMBITION DESPITE THE CRITICISM FROM ALL ANGLES. GOD CANNOT GIVE EVERYTHING TO ONE PERSON, OTHERWISE NO WOMEN OF KIND WOULD HAVE BE ABLE TO MARCHED UR POLITICAL SAGACITY. WE LOVE U.
/
Can you name one first lady who had stood against the
political ambition of her husband per re-election?

Some of you people's stupidity is beyond redemption.
\
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by ralph28(m): 8:51pm On May 10, 2015
Hmmm,mama Peace is peaceful.

GEJ please don't give any wrong signal about mama peace. She has been behind your success.

I love mama peace,she speaks boldly,hence she is communicating.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by caugann(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:

Simple reason why people fail exams, GEJ just used RSA as an example and also made a joke out of it by trying to make u understand the level of persecution you can get when you make some sacrifice.....Now APC, enemies and haters have changed the whole story. It happened in my church today Cathedral church of the advent Life camp Gwarinpa Abuja (Anglican Church) and I was there live......Pls let stop this false new.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by DDoubleUps(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:
keep thinking, u bloody e-diot..my comment was based on the post...you don't expect me to assume its untrue when there is a verifiable source attached to it. If vanguard drops a different news tomoro, my comment will still be based on it.
verrifiable source attached to it and you must read and understand everything with just the words and not the context? Many people in their bid to riducle Gej turns off the functionality of their brain amd chose to drag brains with cows
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by midolian(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2015
Osakah24:
next time try and read the post before commenting.
I read well b4 commenting..I jst modified my post..this is because some1 just told me he said all he said for comic relief. That's some1 with a brain.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Spaxon(f): 8:55pm On May 10, 2015
DExplorer1:

Let me join you in your craze. Does it have C of O?
forget dat side.... just buy the land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget / It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.