Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan (52707 Views)

Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / 2015 Elections: I Hope Patience Will Not Divorce Me – Jonathan / MEND Leader, Henry Okah Was Paid To Assassinate Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by DDoubleUps(m): 8:57pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:
I read well b4 commenting..I jst modified my post..this is because some1 just told me he said all he said for comic relief. That's some1 with a brain.
you are too dumb and proud as the same time... silly...
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by lastpage: 8:58pm On May 10, 2015
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan:
expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

I always say it that "A WOLF, no matter how much it dresses-Up in Sheep's-Clothing, cannot hide its Fangs"!

Let us take a closer but summarized look at what Jonathan has said:

1.) Jonathan knows his wife and his wife knows him more than ALL OF US.
She and him knows what they have been SAYING, THINKING AND PLANNING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

So, If you have an "agreement" with your wife and you now change it without consulting her, then she is right to be angry!

Thus, going from what happened, let us ask: What did Jonathan do wrong, that could make Patience want to divorce him?

Answer: he LOST an election..... and like anyone would expect, HE CONCEDED DEFEAT.... though under EXTREME FEAR AND PRESSURE

FEAR: of what the ICC might do to him, as seen in the Gbagbo treatment, if he refused to concede, after LOSING!

PRESSURE: Many African leaders, including President of Ghana, Ivory Coast, e.t.c, Western Leaders like David Cameron of Britain, John Kerry (Sec. of State) of the U.S.A, Hollande of France; Ex-Military Generals like Abdusalami all applied pressure on him and "mandated him" to make that call.
His wife, Patience, was taken to another room because they feared he was so afraid of her that he wont be able to muster the courage to do so, in her presence.

Going by what Ex-President Jonathan has just revealed, we can deduce that "HE has AGREED WITH PATIENCE that they would NOT CONCEDE DEFEAT or HAND OVER IF THEY LOSE TH ELECTION but at the last minute, without consulting her, he actually conceded defeat"!

So, it is now obvious that, like we all have been saying, Jonathan NEVER HAD THE INTENTION TO HAND OVER PEACEFULLY .... but FEAR and PRESSURE made him do so!

It is good that his wife should divorce him because of what use is a man without "BALLS"! grin grin

But Jonathan should not worry, Patience is too greedy to divorce him because she knows she is NOTHING without his support rather, he would simply be DEMOTED from being a common "House Husband" .. to "madam's Driver or Houseboy"! undecided

Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan:
When FW De Clerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made RSA to still remain a global player by this time.[/b] If we still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2015-elections-i-hope-my-wife-will-not-divorce-me-jonathan/

Again, let us look at this statement by Jonathan!

1.) Apartheid was an EVIL apparatus and condemned by most people in the world. Apartheid was INJUSTICE to Humanity, it was Genocide on black people..... and De Clerk was the HEAD of that Government.

2.) DeClerk had a moral duty to agree to END APARTHEID [/b]and dont forget, he was also under "serious PRESSURE", FROM bOYCOTTS TO BEING TURNED INTO A PARIAH STATE THROUGH ISOLATION. [b]It could not even play in the World Cup!

3.) In Jonathan's case, he was not doing "anything extraordinary"!
He was just doing what is EXPECTED of him, as the loser of the election.
Did we hear the losers of the U.K election asking the world to give them "Nobel Laureate" grin for conceding defeat? Did we hear Sarah Palin of that old, phucked-Up Republican candidate in the U.S asking to be nominated for an award, for conceding defeat to Obama?

Only in Nigeria will such ABSURDITY happen and the shameless Twart will go all over the place asking that we should all HAIL him like Adolf Hitler!

Let him go to his Village and stop fouling-up the air, Aso Rock Abuja is nobody's father's house!
Soldier come, Soldier Go......Barrack ramains! undecided undecided

Yeye dey smell. Divorce koor, Burial nii.

Lastpage!

BTW: As for the statement being of "Comic Relief"....
Well, it is said that "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks"! undecided
Afterall, it is what the "Alcohol" meets inside the heart of the drunkard, that it pushes out! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by midolian(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2015
DDoubleUps:
you are too dumb and proud as the same time... silly...
pained asshole.. I shouldn't have engaged myself in a 'fight of words' with u in the first place. There is nothing as difficult as trying to make a foolish opponent understand..if I knew u were igbo, I wouldn't have bothered myself cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by davido0849: 9:03pm On May 10, 2015
I don't think it's true. Our ex-president wouldn't condescend so low 2 make such a statement. But if it's true, i must ask dis question; who is d husband and who is d wife? If it's really true, then, this man is just 2 cold 4 my liking... Gosh!
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by chineloSA(f): 9:03pm On May 10, 2015
Such a liar, that was not the reason why they divorced. I was already in SA, by that time. De Klerk cheated and then divorced his wife and not the other way round.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kelvin1994: 9:04pm On May 10, 2015
LMAO LOL.. LWKMD i swear Nigeria is a land of comedy
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by chineloSA(f): 9:07pm On May 10, 2015
What a liar. How does he know the De Klerk affairs. Truly truly, mama Peace was holding Nigeria at ransom. She was the one calling the shots. undecided undecided Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 10, 2015
Don't tell the world PEJ is a gold digger. She can port afterall.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by millionaireman: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
shakazuldadon:
lol

even Hilary didn't divorce Clinton aftrr he got BLOWED in the oval office...

Do you really believe Jonathan truly made the statement he hoped patience Jonathan would not divorce him because of election loss?

We have the worst media in Africa reporting events as it suits their political machinations.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by millionaireman: 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
cold:
Maybe he never made any such comment,maybe it was just a humorous tongue in cheek comment which has been blown out of proportion by the typical mediocre journalists now littering the country with their form of yellow journalism. I always have my pinch of salt ready when reading Nigerian news print articles.

The divorce talk was a humour blown out of proportion by unrepentant enemies of Patience and Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by aishamirawwal(f): 9:13pm On May 10, 2015
She shld Marry Buhari
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by saudatu(m): 9:13pm On May 10, 2015
khattab008:
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

Speaking at a thanks giving and farewell service in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life-Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja, President Jonathan cited the case of the former South African Apartheid leader, FW De Clerk whose wife divorced him for taking the decision to end the minority rule in the Republic of South Africa.

President Jonathan who expressed appreciation to Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve at various capacities reiterated his willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice in the interest of the Nation.

He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited? Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear. When FW De Clerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made RSA to still remain a global player by this time. If we still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for the generality of the people but it might affect people differently. So for ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathize with them, they will be persecuted. And they must be ready for that persecution” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2015-elections-i-hope-my-wife-will-not-divorce-me-jonathan/
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by tundamartin: 9:13pm On May 10, 2015
bash4us:
Was d marriage based on contract or tied to d presidency?

Good question. As for persecution of your ministers or person, what judgement do you fear if you have done no wrong? If you have skeleton, better say where you have hidden them - whether in overseas bank or naija or in the village backyard!
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by midolian(m): 9:14pm On May 10, 2015
shammah1:
Your hate will only lead you to destruction
I hate GEJ the same way u hate Buhari. I hate GEJ because I voted for him once and he failed me woefully. U hate Buhari for no reason bro.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by chimoskyg(m): 9:15pm On May 10, 2015
Hmmmm

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by sirconfidence1(m): 9:19pm On May 10, 2015
I need another grammatical bullet from mama peace before May 29. Nigerians will surely miss her oooooo.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by yollychika(f): 9:21pm On May 10, 2015
Hehehehheheeeheeeee
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by emmykk(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2015
cold:
Maybe he never made any such comment,maybe it was just a humorous tongue in cheek comment which has been blown out of proportion by the typical mediocre journalists now littering the country with their form of yellow journalism. I always have my pinch of salt ready when reading Nigerian news print articles.
if we have 10 likle you out of the millions nairaland.

Nairaland would have been great.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Bola4mi(f): 9:27pm On May 10, 2015
Gej dont beg mama peace if she divorce u o,just come for me if she try it.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by mankan2k7(m): 9:38pm On May 10, 2015
Even when he had no shoes, she stood by him.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by ifyan(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2015
Caliph69:

It was a joke.

Please oh.

GEJ please be mindful of your words.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kelvyn7: 9:42pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:
THIS LAND COSTS JUST 50m.
ONLY FOR SERIOUS BUYERS.......

why 50m

is it in Lekki Lagos grin

some place 4 lekki sef no reach 50m undecided
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Spaxon(f): 9:50pm On May 10, 2015
kelvyn7:

why 50m
is it in Lekki Lagos grin
some place 4 lekki sef no reach 50m sef undecided
lol its in NL front page.....
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kelvyn7: 9:53pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:
lol its in NL front page.....
that's what I am saying
50m for NL FP land
e too cost oo grin
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by free2ryhme: 9:53pm On May 10, 2015
khattab008:
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

Speaking at a thanks giving and farewell service in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life-Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja, President Jonathan cited the case of the former South African Apartheid leader, FW De Clerk whose wife divorced him for taking the decision to end the minority rule in the Republic of South Africa.

President Jonathan who expressed appreciation to Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve at various capacities reiterated his willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice in the interest of the Nation.

He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited? Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear. When FW De Clerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made RSA to still remain a global player by this time. If we still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for the generality of the people but it might affect people differently. So for ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathize with them, they will be persecuted. And they must be ready for that persecution” he said.

Unnecessary hype
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by omenka(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2015
Johniyke2flex:

See one of the people forming i-too-know on nairaland. How gullible can u be? You are one very predictable bigot.
Bros if you know how much I no send you ehn, you nor go waste your data dey quote me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kelvyn7: 9:55pm On May 10, 2015
Spaxon:
lol
its in NL front page.....

except say u say I go buy u join for 50m grin

for dat sef double the amount and I will gladly pay grin

*gainful and worthy investment wink
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 10, 2015
If she divorces you,just do thanksgiving and look for one sisi eko and marry to keep you looking younger..
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 10:01pm On May 10, 2015
midolian:
I hate GEJ the same way u hate Buhari. I hate GEJ because I voted for him once and he failed me woefully. U hate Buhari for no reason bro.
So even you too fell the trick of the retarded one!. For me, since 1999, I have never thumb printed for the PDP.

NCP had my votes until 2011. That is after Gani died. If he was alive, I will still vote for him!.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by JoeCutie(m): 10:03pm On May 10, 2015
To the surprise of many, Goodluck and Patience are bounded together by a lot more than politics, money and or fame. They are made for each other.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics / Governor Yahaya Bello's Accident Scene In Abuja (Photos) / 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.