Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Can He Really Achieve This In Nigeria (must Read From Senator Elect) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can He Really Achieve This In Nigeria (must Read From Senator Elect) (615 Views)

Senator-elect Ben Murray-Bruce Come After Governors Owing Workers Salary(Pics) / Athan Nneji Achonu: The One-Armed Senator-elect / INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can He Really Achieve This In Nigeria (must Read From Senator Elect) by iwezor1(m): 11:40pm On May 10, 2015
Nigerian presidents must use only made in Nigeria Peugeot as official cars, sell Presidential fleets- Ben Murray Bruce

In what ways will using only made in Nigerian goods help in good governance? What is responsible for our over reliance on foreign made products? What can be done to ensure reliance on locally made goods and services?

Chairman of the Silverbird Group and Senator-elect Ben Murray-Bruce has vowed to lead the fight against the extravagance of public office holders and their inexplicably bloated salaries.

In a series of tweets one of which put his location at Los Angeles for his son’s graduation, Murray-Bruce also called for the reduction of the number of aircrafts in the presidential fleet.

“Every year I pay multi millions in taxes yet I don’t fly first class. Why should our public servants fly first class at public expense?” he queried.

“Left to me, we must sell the Presidential fleet. Public servants, including President must only use made in Nigeria Peugeot as official car!”

“I built a successful business by spending less than I earn and cutting my coat according to my cloth, not my size. Nigeria must do the same!”
Re: Can He Really Achieve This In Nigeria (must Read From Senator Elect) by temitemi1(m): 11:52pm On May 10, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: Can He Really Achieve This In Nigeria (must Read From Senator Elect) by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 10, 2015
hmm. Most of these people come here and talk, but when they get there it becomes a different story. It would be nice if our leaders drive made in Nigeria cars and reduce the cost of governance, but I don't think it is possible. Even if it is possible, there is also corruption in the civil service and many other sectors of society that needs to be tackled.
When we say corruption our minds automatically shift to our leaders, but we have civil servants and even footballers and referees faking their ages. We have corruption in the police force, on our university campuses, in the military, even in JAMB and WAEC (miracle centers). If we truly want to deal with corruption we must tackle it in every sector. Reducing the cost of governance will be a step in the right direction, but it is something our legislators will have to agree to do.
Re: Can He Really Achieve This In Nigeria (must Read From Senator Elect) by Nobody: 12:16am On May 11, 2015
BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.
Re: Can He Really Achieve This In Nigeria (must Read From Senator Elect) by yuppyz(m): 2:12am On May 11, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

The Evil Game Before May 29th / VIDEO: Saharareporters Team Meet NDLEA Agents That Laid Siege On Buruji Kashamu' / Fuel Crisis To Affect MTN Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.