Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? (1765 Views)

Man Takes Lady Out To The Movies, Goes On Twitter To Rant, Her Response Is Epic / The Response A Married Man Gave A Side-chick After She Claimed She Was Pregnant / A Lady's Response To A Guy Who Sent Her A Pic Of His Genitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Basildvalour(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2015
Good day my indefatiguable nairalanders

I have come in terms with a continuous misnomer common to youths both in real life conversations and on social networks and I would like to know if the response to the question and the way it is answered is suitable for the question.

You are chatting up someone after the hi-hello stuff and the next question that comes is "what's up?" Please how best do you respond to that question and is "fine" a correct response to it as many would give?

Thank you!
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by dharay99: 12:29pm On May 11, 2015
you-->>"what's up?"
Me-->>d ceiling fan.

Op, try ds wid d next babe dat asks u such. cry

1 Like

Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
you reply 'nothing is up'...hian

1 Like

Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by ginawest(f): 12:31pm On May 11, 2015
well, u can jes make it livelier dan 'fine' by saying something lyk 'mehn,today was rily fun for me o'
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Jackeeh(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2015
You : what's up?
Me : it's not up yet. It's still flaccid.
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by boldking(m): 12:45pm On May 11, 2015
am good is the right answer
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by MRBrownJ: 12:46pm On May 11, 2015
possible replies:
- I am good and you?
- not much, and you?
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by opsy67(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2015
I will said dat nothing
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by opsy67(m): 1:52pm On May 11, 2015
Jackeeh:
You : what's up? Me : it's not up yet. It's still flaccid.
that is wrong right
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Basildvalour(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2015
Really, I think what's up should be another way of asking "what's happening."

But people take it to mean "how are u."
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Jackeeh(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2015
opsy67:
that is wrong right

Yes it is. That's y I use it only when chatting with my tightest pals who understand the joke.
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by TEAMTWACI: 2:31pm On May 11, 2015
Op: What up?
Me: Na twaci ooo,na that fine babe I dey see hin moniker for every section for NL wey everybody just dey talk about her beauty.Omo yen fine gan ni fa o.
Op: *views her profile..Omoh na true say baba God na greatest architect shocked shocked ,see as that babe fine like mami water grin grin.Any person wey talk say this babe no fine no get eye oooo angry.Na she I go vote for ooo
Me: Thank God say u self sabi better thing, your head dey there smiley smiley

A Paragon of Beauty

A lady With The Midas Touch

A lady With A Great Sense Of Humour

An Excellent Orator

A Synonym For Humility

A Lady Of Virtue

T - TRUSTWORTHY √
W - WONDROUS √
A - ASPIRING √
C - COURAGEOUS √
I - INTELLIGENT √

SHE GAT ALL WE NEED
VOTE TWACI
KEEP CALM AND VOTE www.nairaland.com/twaci For Miss NL
God bless you all

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2388096_coollogocom5062531_gifdbb2fefbdd9e975d8678c04d0a1169c1
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 11, 2015
What a thread!

A thread dedicated to getting the best answers for "what's up".

The next thread, I guess, would be one discussing the best answers for "how are you?" "How did your day go?"

Very _stupid waste of space.
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by opsy67(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2015
Jackeeh:

Yes it is. That's y I use it only when chatting with my tightest pals who understand the joke.
ok are you a comedian ?can you joke pass me
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by demmy0325(m): 9:30pm On May 11, 2015
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:08pm On May 11, 2015
Right reply
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by johnlegend01: 10:30pm On May 11, 2015
"nothing much, just there" then ask, "how are you doing"
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by ivyT(f): 10:41pm On May 11, 2015
Jackeeh:
You : what's up? Me : it's not up yet. It's still flaccid.
#BADTguy
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by ivyT(f): 10:43pm On May 11, 2015
i tire for one person for here

Mr B.
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by sinizia: 11:59pm On May 11, 2015
MRBrownJ:
possible replies:
- I am good and you?
- not much, and you?

Many of the Nigerian ladies will reply your "what's up" with "K" "Okay" "KK".. The kindhearted ones will reply "fine" without "and you?" Very boring chat-mates. undecided
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by MRBrownJ: 1:28am On May 12, 2015
sinizia:

Many of the Nigerian ladies will reply your "what's up" with "K" "Okay" "KK".. The kindhearted ones will reply "fine" without "and you?" Very boring chat-mates. undecided

and then you have to try to make her converse/share/talk..... you talk a little about yourself then ask her a question so she can share a bit about her (ask questions that cant be answered by a YES or NO).
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Jackeeh(m): 6:39am On May 12, 2015
ivyT:

#BADTguy

cool
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by sinizia: 7:09am On May 12, 2015
MRBrownJ:

and then you have to try to make her converse/share/talk..... you talk a little about yourself then ask her a question so she can share a bit about her (ask questions that cant be answered by a YES or NO).

Same thing. When i notice they are replying the one-sided "okay", "fine", "yes" etc., i try this your method. Talk a lil' about me, my ambition, my family, my hobbies etc. But when you ask her to say hers, she goes; "I'm busy" or "not now". grin

It's not all of them though, that's why i used "MANY" of them. But the majority that falls in these group are usually the unlettered ones.
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Basildvalour(m): 5:08pm On May 12, 2015
sinizia:

That one kills me like mad. If any lady tells me "K", just forget the chat
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by TrishaP(f): 6:03pm On May 12, 2015
"I'm Fine" or "i'm good" has always been the answer. Try telling your boss "the fan is up" then you'll know what is up really there.
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by ShayGirl(f): 6:24pm On May 12, 2015
The sky is up should b d best reply
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by ShayGirl(f): 6:24pm On May 12, 2015
"The sky is up" should b d best reply
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by 47xxx(m): 6:33pm On May 12, 2015
dharay99:
you-->>"what's up?"
Me-->>d ceiling fan.

Op, try ds wid d next babe dat asks u such. cry
lol, d@ one got me rotfl mehn...
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by MRBrownJ: 12:13am On May 13, 2015
sinizia:
Same thing. When i notice they are replying the one-sided "okay", "fine", "yes" etc., i try this your method. Talk a lil' about me, my ambition, my family, my hobbies etc. But when you ask her to say hers, she goes; "I'm busy" or "not now". grin

It's not all of them though, that's why i used "MANY" of them. But the majority that falls in these group are usually the unlettered ones.

after talking a bit about yourself, if you ask someone "what about you?" and she replies " i am busy" or "not now" thats the time for you to leave/drop. you win some you lose some, no biggie!
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Nobody: 12:20am On May 13, 2015
Sky is up
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by Nobody: 12:21am On May 13, 2015
sinizia:

They be like 'what u wanna know? Just ask'
So fvcking annoying
Re: Is It Really The Right Response For The Question? by sinizia: 12:34am On May 13, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

They be like 'what u wanna know? Just ask'
So fvcking annoying

LOL. When it comes to chatting, many Nigerian girls bore one the fúck out. I prefer my non-Nigerian ladies when it comes to chatting, the convo is always two-sided and they sprout out ideas to chat about easily.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Esan Men Are They The Most Lovable Men In Nigeria / Is There Any Difference Between A Classy And Educated Lady? / LAMO!!! If She Isn't Picking Your Calls, Then You Need To Do This Trick (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.