Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,841 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. (48738 Views)

Should she forgive him after doing 'this' to her? / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by nosky4(m): 7:09am On May 12, 2015
Oh not my namesake pls....
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by babyfaceafrica: 7:16am On May 12, 2015
Bsc:
Go and call back ur wife, reconcile with her if u love her...what if she didn't tell u she was raped ? On what base would u have judge her now? She forgived her rapist but cnt forgive her husband!!!! Huh , anoda issue will come up again in the family......u talk again...u forgived ur rapist but cnt forgive our maid!!! Is she the only wife today that was raped? Some were even prostitute, honestly I dnt like...no wonder some woman wnt say the truth about their past.. Dnt want to hear this again...d girl am dating was raped @ 12 in lagos... Full stop
men....why must it always the guy that should reconcidde and beg?..you beg her to love you, you beg her to sleep with you,if she slaps you you beg er that its your fault,marriage is symbiotic not one way.. you can't be serious!!!!!

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by AtheistD(m): 7:26am On May 12, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
men....why must it always the guy that should reconcidde and beg?..you beg her to love you, you beg her to sleep with you,if she slaps you you beg er that its your fault,marriage is symbiotic not one way.. you can't be serious!!!!!

Because he cheated on her and got another lady pregnant. His actions are responsible for their separation. He should go and beg her.

2 Likes

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by grandstar(m): 7:28am On May 12, 2015
Both adultery and abortions are big sins in the eyes of God. He is our grand Creator, and we must listen to Him (Deut 30:18-20)

He has already committed adultery. He should not add abortion to it. Children are a gift from God (Psalms 127:3-5)

His wife is hurt because she is carrying the burden of the rape, the stigma of Him marrying her, the humiliation of being barren and now the a pregnant mistress which means she is no longer relevant in her own home. It was probably too much to handle. It was probably the husband's betrayal and the baby. She must have seen the husband as a confidant especially after he stood by her and even married her. She was already fragile.

If she had her own child, she could laugh at the society that said she would never amount to much. And now this!

Nonso has to accept the child but not necessarily the mother. Even if he marries her, he may never love her like his wife.

The first wife may need to go for counselling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by babyfaceafrica: 7:32am On May 12, 2015
AtheistD:

Because he cheated on her and got another lady pregnant. His actions are responsible for their separation. He should go and beg her.
beg ko,plead ni...let he who his without sin cast the first stone...if they really want the marriage to contnue they should come together...they both have issues....if they don't want it...maybe seperaton is better
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by boxypane(m): 7:39am On May 12, 2015
All the funny Ladies punching there nose in2 relationships they don't knw abt. Nawao!!!!
His wife shuld pls not leave her home, she weathered d first storm, she can do it. I pray for Love in dat Family, d baby of d side wife should be accepted, but she should find her size.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Omadachi(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2015
Easy road and entrance for the child's mother.She will be like"God has answer my prayers"If am a lady I will never leave my husband's house for any reason but for divorce.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by tyosty: 7:59am On May 12, 2015
Lanadelrey:
This story doesn't ring true. But if it is, the lady in question has the right to decide not to forgive her husband's infidelity and leave the marriage afterall marriage is the union of 2, even the bible in corinthians says divorce is wrong except for the sin of adultery. So before god and man she is allowed to decide if she can forgive this and as it seems she can't, she's allowed to move on with her life. And to the person who said she should be lucky a man married her after being a victim of rape, you're absolutely vile and disgusting for that statement. This woman has been through a traumatic experience already and knowing this country she didn't get any counseling or psychological rehabilitation after the incident and from what you say she didn't get justice either, she worked through this entirely on her own strength and willpower and knowing the stigmatization in Nigeria she must have endured her fair share of mockery but she decided to be strong and she got married in hopes of a happy life full of love with her real life Prince Charming, since this man can't be that for her, she should leave and go find happiness alone or with someone else. The man is an absolute douchebag and the only spell he's under is that of his utter selfishness. You find a broken person trying to heal, make them love and trust you, then break them even further. Humans are poison!!!
Thanks for the insight.The woman trully needs some extra cuddling nd attention given her trauma. Hubby shld pls follow her up nd make amends

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Tafee(m): 8:32am On May 12, 2015
me i never read the story but i go judge the woman base on the topic written above how on earth you forgive yourrapistleave ur husband
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by HappinexEdixon(f): 9:00am On May 12, 2015
Madam did d wrong thing by packin her things because nw d oda lady hv d oppportunity to com in cos som single ladies cn b very desperate, she shud go bak to her home, cry to God 4 d strength to bear d whole problem, n wit tym she will carry her own children.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by helphelp: 9:20am On May 12, 2015
I
suggyspic:
They meet 9yrs ago through a friend while he was developing his property. Initially he wanted a fling with her but as the relationship progressed, he saw the gentle and unique person in her. she confided in him how she was raped by 3 boys in the community and how her family could not follow up the case at the station because they were poor. The police was demanding so much from her poor parents to prosecute the boys. The families of the boys threatened to deal with her family if they are jailed. Her family been strangers had no choice but to close the case at the station. she forgive the boys and left it to God to judge.

Nonso listened as glory amidst tear was narrating her past. He promise not to ever hurt her, while the relationship lasted. One thing lead to the other and eventually Nonso married glory in 2009 when she was 3months pregnant. The marriage was the talk of the town as the community (were she was raped) never believed she would ever get married. Nonso and glory lived within the same community.

Five years in the marriage she could not get pregnant again after she lost her initial pregnancy. Nonso became a laughing stock from his friends who knows her story and advise him not to marry her. He tried all he could medically for her to get pregnant but non was forth coming. The lab result reveal he had low sperm count while his wife had some infection and hormonal imbalance. Nonso did not believe the lab test. He went out and cheated on his wife. The lady (outside) got pregnant and told Nonso. Nonso did not believe her, but told her to abort the baby if it was true. The lady informed Nonso's sister, who advise her to keep the baby that she would take care of her and the baby.

She gave birth in January this year. (beautiful baby girl) and Nonso learnt about it in March. Nonso could not believe the conspiracy, he accuse his sister of deliberately trying to brake his home, he vowed not to have anything to do with the lady and his child. Nonso's wife heard about it (God knows who told her), she confronted Nonso who did not deny or accept but told her the hold truth. Rather than stand by her husband, she dropped her wedding ring and parked out of the house.

I have deliberately changed names to cover identity. Please advise.
Is nonso under a spell?
would you advise the lady to abort the girl considering the yrs of searching for a child?
Now that the child is born, is nonso action still logical?
if you are the wife, would you end your marriage?
is there a way out? No insult Please, the deed has been done.

Nna, the gbagaun inside dis ur story sef don make me get headache...so to comment sef na war
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by dbestuncle: 9:27am On May 12, 2015
Leaving the marrriage is wrong and not an option at all.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by omarhlichanwa: 9:37am On May 12, 2015
Hmmmmmm! I jus pray diz dnt happen to me,well,we wre human,I wud not blame the wife for the actions she took,the hubby betrayed her...as for nonso,he is a cheat,let him bear the responsibility of the child but not to bring her home
kaima1984:
if am d wife, I wunt leave my home for any reason,wat Nonso did ws annoying n betraying BT d deed has been done and forgiveness will b d right thing t do instead of leaving home
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Niceqer01: 9:48am On May 12, 2015
Call ||  +234-8134-001228
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Niceqer01: 9:59am On May 12, 2015
Whatsapp || +234-8134-001228
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Ologunjude(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2015
I will strongly advice Nonso to carry out a paternity test DNA and if he is the father, marry this one and move on.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by sirgreen: 10:13am On May 12, 2015
I can see how foolish that woman is If it's true, then, that woman need to reexamine her self with the doctors, nonso did not write shall but following the number of yrs the marriage has lasted he want to prove him self if really he is a man, now see cos he did not do it with the intension of breaking his marriage he refuse to accept the child. the woman just do her self more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Mariojane(f): 11:06am On May 12, 2015
SAMBARRY:
5minsmadness sometimes you exude so much intelligence other times you display so much foolishness that I don't know where to place you.wa kan sha soro shaka sha. O ga o
can u explain what u ve written plssss?

back to topic
if the real problem was that the man impregnate another woman then the woman should not have left the man except if there are other family problems that the woman decide to use this as a ticket to leave the family.
if the doctor diagnosis is right, it is possible the man is not the father of the new born child (we have DNA test to help confirm)

to me it looks as if the man married the lady to bear him children. that was y he did not listen to his friends when they told him not to marry her but still went ahead for it because she was pregnant.
there is more to marriage than sex and children. if you marry for sex and kids after having enough children you will get tired and problem will start.
if he had married her for love, companionship etc problems like this is not enough to break their home.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by AskProf: 11:41am On May 12, 2015
fyneboi79:
She didn't forgive her rapists,she only let them go because her family could not obtain justice. As for her husband,he should continue to seek her forgiveness.

Agreed.
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by jimmy101231(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2015
FrancisTony:
angry angry

I smell LIES and fabricated story.

If it's true, then, that woman is so foolish. undecided
fabricated na understatement self....Story for the orunmila
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Ekeminimatthew: 12:10pm On May 12, 2015
How is Nonso sure he is the father of the child? If his wife should open up to him why the away match if he truly love his wife, there would have looked for the solution together. its so painful
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by smithadam: 12:22pm On May 12, 2015
suggyspic:
They meet 9yrs ago through a friend while he was developing his property. Initially he wanted a fling with her but as the relationship progressed, he saw the gentle and unique person in her. she confided in him how she was raped by 3 boys in the community and how her family could not follow up the case at the station because they were poor. The police was demanding so much from her poor parents to prosecute the boys. The families of the boys threatened to deal with her family if they are jailed. Her family been strangers had no choice but to close the case at the station. she forgive the boys and left it to God to judge.

Nonso listened as glory amidst tear was narrating her past. He promise not to ever hurt her, while the relationship lasted. One thing lead to the other and eventually Nonso married glory in 2009 when she was 3months pregnant. The marriage was the talk of the town as the community (were she was raped) never believed she would ever get married. Nonso and glory lived within the same community.

Five years in the marriage she could not get pregnant again after she lost her initial pregnancy. Nonso became a laughing stock from his friends who knows her story and advise him not to marry her. He tried all he could medically for her to get pregnant but non was forth coming. The lab result reveal he had low sperm count while his wife had some infection and hormonal imbalance. Nonso did not believe the lab test. He went out and cheated on his wife. The lady (outside) got pregnant and told Nonso. Nonso did not believe her, but told her to abort the baby if it was true. The lady informed Nonso's sister, who advise her to keep the baby that she would take care of her and the baby.

She gave birth in January this year. (beautiful baby girl) and Nonso learnt about it in March. Nonso could not believe the conspiracy, he accuse his sister of deliberately trying to brake his home, he vowed not to have anything to do with the lady and his child. Nonso's wife heard about it (God knows who told her), she confronted Nonso who did not deny or accept but told her the hold truth. Rather than stand by her husband, she dropped her wedding ring and parked out of the house.

I have deliberately changed names to cover identity. Please advise.
Is nonso under a spell?
would you advise the lady to abort the girl considering the yrs of searching for a child?
Now that the child is born, is nonso action still logical?
if you are the wife, would you end your marriage?
is there a way out? No insult Please, the deed has been done.

if the deed has been done which we know cant be undone what are u now saying? undecided
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by airzzee(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2015
cococandy:
so because of that she owes him her life and happiness?
Whether he married her or not, she's still a human being with dignity that should be respected.

Not saying he's done something totally unforgivable. The fact that he doesn't want to have anything to do again with the outside lady and is really sorry it got to that, maybe a reason why she could consider forgiving.

But don't bring her past which was no fault of hers into the equation. She was raped and so what? She turned to a low grade human being who should feel lucky a man married her?
What is wrong with you? angry

You also do not know the circumstance that brought about the sleeping and pregnancy. Do you think only ladies are raped these days? He might have been seduced, drugged or something...
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by skondo09(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2015
her rape xperience was nt d reasn 4 her delay in childbirth, d man ought to hv gone for proper checkup in oda places rather than testing his joystict arund.
his initial denial of d outsde lady n d role playd by his sista seems fabricated in order to gain 4gvns of his wife.
d wif can choose to 4gv or nt bt i tink their hme is imprtnt
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by Emenandez4lyf(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2015
Diz wanna make me cry,
some women are super-ungrateful
someone who stands by ur side when u needed him yet u couldn't forgive and forget. chaiiiii #TeamSingle

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by ylaa(f): 1:16pm On May 12, 2015
for me i will not leave my husband rather i will contribute to the upbringing of my husband's child but the woman will not live with us before she comot bread from my mouth put stone. i will also seek help so as to have my own baby. na wetin i go do be that. grin grin
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On May 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin

I was surprised to come and see the number of people quoting my post and praising me for "encouraging" the wife to pack out!

A man who took a woman back to the home of her disgrace (if indeed the rape story was true) and married her there with pomp and pageantry is a man of honour in my book!
So he slipped when the issue of infertility reared it's ugly head, he is not a god, he is not perfect. It was not enough reason for madam to pack out, and like u said IT IS HER LOSS!

The paragraph of her packing of was meant to be dripping sarcasm! I was amazed most people didn't catch that grin but then again I'm tired of explaining every post on nairaland. Those who have wisdom will decipher while others can remain in thier folly!

I disagree with you on one point though.

Nonso 's child is an illegal immigrant! He may have gotten his green card but that doesn't mean he didn't enter the country illegally grin Since he is the son of both the father and the mother he has no right to enter the communion between nonso and his wife. That would be classless, insensitive and wrong. Some women will poison the child since u want to force him on her. Haba, would u agree for your sister to be treated same way in her own home? No! The law can wrangle whatever they want but the boy remains with the mother unless nonso's wife accepts him into the union between nonso and her, period!

I have so many mentions but decided to answer this one. Other folks can draw thier analogy from her pls.

A disgrace?

Hmm!
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by 5minsmadness: 1:55pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:

A disgrace?

Hmm!
What is it ma?

She was raped. And the whole town knew about it!
It may not have been her fault, but it was a disgrace nonetheless! No father will enter the street and beat gong "helep me thank God o, my daughter was raped yesterday '". Rather it will be hidden as much as possible. It is a disgrace and it mattered to her very much that the man was able to take her back to her town and marry her despite what people will say instead if marrying her quietly in lagos. Who wants to do a wedding somewhere not knowing if one of the people putting offering in his plate is the one that viciously ravaged his bride?! That is a man of honour and bravery!
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by cococandy(f): 1:58pm On May 12, 2015
airzzee:

You also do not know the circumstance that brought about the sleeping and pregnancy. Do you think only ladies are raped these days? He might have been seduced, drugged or something...

the bottom line is that he cheated. He wasn't raped or anything. He admitted doing wrong.

So to the matter,What does the rape that happened years ago have to do with his cheating?
OP just used it to color his story to paint himself as the saint who did what no one can do and so deserves to get away with whatever attitude he puts up into the marriage.

See people insulting the woman for the man's offense. Shey it is now a crime to be the victim of an assault? She's a disgrace because people stronger than her took advantage of her?
I doff hat for Una. angry

I find the average nairaland mindset utterly disgusting.

1 Like

Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by ERCROSS(m): 2:17pm On May 12, 2015
5minsmadness:
grin grin

See Palavar!

Nonso has low spérm count, yet he Impregnated a woman outside on first attempt.

Madam was raped by three boys. Two of exes have told me similar stories. Both turned out to be false grin

broh.. Pls, how did u come to discover that the bolded was a lie from ur ex...
Coz v been noticing this is d best lie they can cum up with to draw sympathy from guys
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by 5minsmadness: 2:31pm On May 12, 2015
ERCROSS:

broh.. Pls, how did u come to discover that the bolded was a lie from ur ex...
Coz v been noticing this is d best lie they can cum up with to draw sympathy from guys

It's crayzie I tell ya grin
First one confessed during a very intimate moment. Second one confessed after three bottles of smirnoff grin grin
Re: She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. by wasmilebags: 2:55pm On May 12, 2015
nonso did wat any man wud don to b sure he is ok as a man and to ve ask the girl to abort that also ok too atleast he respected there relationship and also respect his wife and as for the wife all I can say is when ever any tin happen to us the first tin that com to our mind is not good enough we need to rethink b4 we act on any tin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What A Woman Can Do (photo) / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? / Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.