Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? (1120 Views)

Sex Before Marriage; Merits And Demerits / See The Meaning Of Long Distance Relationship (pics) / 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2015
There's this lady I told about my desire to have a relationship that would last for at most 5 years with but she doesn't seem to like the idea. I have a goal that I want to accomplish during the five years period and it's something I can't combine with marriage. She said long term relationship has so many demerits which she refused to share with me. I need help in identifying these demerits. Thanks
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by agarawu23(m): 6:42pm On May 11, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
There's this lady I told about my desire to have a relationship that would last for at most 5 years with but she doesn't seem to like the idea. I have a goal that I want to accomplish during the five years period and it's something I can't combine with marriage. She said long term relationship has so many demerits which she refused to share with me. I need help in identifying these demerits. Thanks
how long is the distance?
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by demmy0325(m): 6:48pm On May 11, 2015
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by spacefreak: 6:56pm On May 11, 2015
Op, a lot can happen in five years. You might fall out of love with her or she with you. Really, dating someone for five years is unfair when the future is filled with uncertainties.

I agree on the decision she took. Dating for that long with shady prospects is unfair.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:31pm On May 11, 2015
spacefreak:
Op, a lot can happen in five years. You might fall out of love with her or she with you. Really, dating someone for five years is unfair when the future is filled with uncertainties.

I agree on the decision she took. Dating for that long with shady prospects is unfair.
This lady has everything I desire in a woman. I'm just scared of not meeting someone like her again. Is there anything I can do to convince her?
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by emperorchedda(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2015
She will be banging another dude whenever she's extremely hornny undecided
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by spacefreak: 10:07pm On May 11, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
This lady has everything I desire in a woman. I'm just scared of not meeting someone like her again. Is there anything I can do to convince her?

I don't think so. You should understand that her biological clock is ticking. Also it is impossible to guarantee what happens in five years. You shouldn't be selfish.

I am sure you would get to meet another amazing woman when you are ready. Let her go. Move on.
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by Adamsdelrio(m): 5:35am On May 12, 2015
spacefreak:

I don't think so. You should understand that her biological clock is ticking. Also it is impossible to guarantee what happens in five years. You shouldn't be selfish.

I am sure you would get to meet another amazing woman when you are ready. Let her go. Move on.
Hmmmm... Thanks bro
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by MsBliss(f): 10:31pm On May 12, 2015
Trust issues spring out.
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by Aromas: 4:05am On May 13, 2015
MsBliss:
That's the same soup I am in now.I intend breaking up with him until we meet again two Years from now when I am ready to get married but he will HV non of that and I also don't want to lose him because he is all I want in a man.long term relationship is something I don't like because when your heart is broken by that person,it breaks to the last bit.
So long term r/ship is not good at all? And if both of them have it in mind the future is secure and sure for them 2 get married, are you saying it won't work out?
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by MsBliss(f): 8:17am On May 13, 2015
Aromas:
are you saying it won't work out?
I never said so because d future is always unknown but love can do anything .
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by Aromas: 8:58am On May 13, 2015
MsBliss:

I never said so because d future is always unknown but love can do anything .
Absolutely you're right. Have a blessed day!!
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by MsBliss(f): 10:54pm On May 13, 2015
Aromas:
Absolutely you're right. Have a blessed day!!
Thankx dear you too
Re: What Are The Demerits Of Long Term Relationship? by LewsTherin: 7:19am On May 14, 2015
I don't know about you guys. But my Lady and I dated for 7years, were engaged for 1 and have been blissfully married for 4. So what are you talking about?

(1) (Reply)

Giving A Second Chance To Love Again / When Someone Wants To Know How You're Doing In School? / What Is A Cockblocker? Which Is Better- Cockblock Or Cock-enable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.