Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved (12798 Views)

Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo Youth Movement Backs Saraki - (photo) / Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / If You Did Not Get Involved In 80% Of This, You Wasted Your Child Hood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by PapaBrowne(m): 3:58am On Jul 12, 2010
So what happened with this movement?? Was anything achieved
Any updates??

If it failed, what were the causes of failure?? Would be good to know.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by remarkD(m): 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
i tried opening the site and got... "the page cannt be found".... can i still join? or is this like looking for a "dead person"?
proudly9ja: Today's Friday the 20th day in February, 2009. Just 5 days ago, history was made. Some Nigerians from around the world met and decided that enough is enough. Those that were present at that meeting decided that rather than sit back and watch and let things continue as they are, they decided that they will begin to make changes in their own ways trusting that little by little, like the continuos drops of water that change the form of a rock, or efforts will bring about that change in our Motherland, Nigeria. 5 days ago, on the 15th of February, Nigerian Development Movement (NDM) was formally Launched with the slogan, Get Involved.

As it is, we will be meeting again on Sunday the 22nd of February, 2009, just 2 days away at 3pm GMT, ie 4PM Nigerian time. If you were at the last meeting, we expect to see you again, if you were not, please join us at www.ndm..com.

And for those who are yet to join an action group, please don't hesitate any further, join any of the five action groups at www.ndm..com. Rather than just sit back and watch, why don't you just

GET INVOLVED!

See you on Sunday
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Terminator007: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
I like this!

I like it more because of the fact that people can cling on and have faith in something so broken and shattered. I like the fact that people can be so hopeful in the midst of this obvious impossibility. I like the enthusiasm with which B.O.S.S and Skyblue have presented their speeches.

I like it. I like it.

Just that it is bland and Large.It is so large that the impossibilities stare you in the face. It is so bland that the outlook can be so fatiguing!

But I like it. I like the hope [/b]and [b]enthusiasm [/b]of the two fellas and all the others that believe in this project!
Problem is [b]hope [/b]and [b]enthusiasm [/b]would only end on the pages of Nairaland.
They wont change Nigeria or the apathy of Nigerians. Online membership would not cut it.

[b]For your information, not too much more than a thousand nairalanders post on Nairaland and I'm guessing that less than 50 would care one inch about this post!
Which brings me to my point. If the goal is to get as many nairalanders append signatures, that wouldn't bring no change.

My suggestions!
Lets start now. Lets test ourselves immediately. Lets forget about changing the whole country immediately.
Lets just pick one project.
Maybe we can look for one primary school to renovate to international standards.Just one school!
Maybe we can try to revamp a dilapidated public library.
Or even start an Economic development Center in rundown neighbourhood- set a target of training/funding say 100 small scale entrepreneurs in 3 months.
Or help a village start an Agricultural revitalization program. Something we can measure its outcome soonest.
Raising funds for such causes is easy. There are formulas that can be applied and all the funding will be available.

And we don't need too much people. Just the twenty something people already signed up is enough.
What will be needed more is will. A will to expend your time, resources and intellect for what looks like a noble cause that we've been invited to embark upon.

Maybe, just maybe if we can succeed in one project, people will just believe and begin to join the cause.

So my suggestion is simple.
Lets use this initial pages to determine what project the few people that would be interested would embark upon.
Lets determine how to go about the project we get to choose. If we succeed, maybe, just maybe people will listen!

There are a million other little projects we can start to embark upon without much finance. The power to change starts small then begins to grow before it consumes and takes over its environment.

This might look silly and unappealing, but hey. . .i thought you said we wanted to change Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements / Pirates Attack Polish Ship In Niger Delta, Kidnap 5 / Abubakar Atiku Bagudu Buys 100 Tractors For Farmers, Pictured Driving Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.