Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved (12811 Views)

Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo Youth Movement Backs Saraki - (photo) / Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / If You Did Not Get Involved In 80% Of This, You Wasted Your Child Hood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nemeziz9ja:

Gbam! Did I hear that?
The Nigeria will only develop when the fundamental problems have been solved and the problems can never be solved until those who can provide the solutions are benefiting from chaos and those not benefiting are only crying foul so that they can get their share of the benefit. Welcome to Nigeria!

We can all keep on posting "commentary" on nairaland while the country continues to deteriorate and we keep on commenting on how it is deteriorating, or we can actually work towards bringing about the desired progress and change we want instead of just continuously complaining.

I am not alluding to you not acting to make Nigeria better or anything of the sort, for all I know you could be involved in Social non benefit projects to help people in rural Nigeria, if you are involved in making a change in Nigeria in your own way then I salute you and good for you. This is about people who want to contribute and perhaps speak with a single and more unified voice and benefit from group work and the pool of people with skills, ideas, etc. If you want to be a part of this, again all are welcome, if not then that is also fine.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by 2Legit: 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2009
u have told us what we have been told b4.
what is it u want to DO?
How do u plan to effect positive change? What is the action(s) that you will embark upon?

mind u, i am not trying to knock this
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2009
2Legit:

if politician come giv una money now, many of una go shut up.
we don see una b4
Dude, it's not compulsory you join but it'll be cool to desist from crossing the line.
By the way, this is greater than me and you and if you join anc contribute a great idea, of course it could be implemented. We want to mobilise the youth, the old and young of Nigerians. Remember it started online and hey, we're not the first to do it. So why think it cannot be done? It's about Nigeria not B.O.S.S. not Sky Blue. If we keep thinking Na how we see am, we'll all die regretting being actively involved when we know we are more than capable. What's the fuss.

I have a good job UK degree coupled with a Masters to back it up from top UK universities as well as I'm from a very comfortable family (financially) but these wouldn't give me any joy than to see my nation progress and that's why I'm involved.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2009
2Legit:

u have told us what we have been told b4.
what is it u want to DO?
How do u plan to effect positive change? What is the action(s) that you will embark upon?

mind u, i am not trying to knock this

People will come with different ideas and will have interest in different sectors and since I feel you want me to state what will be done even if you might not be taking such into consideration, I guess i will have to speak personally and for myself by using personal ideas I have as examples.

Take for instance elections. I think for elections 2011 to be different, electoral reforms have to be addressed and the people have to be much more engaged in it. For this to happen the issue of elections and the issue of the citizenry waking up and becoming more involved in the way their life is run has to be brought up NOW. Awareness has to be raised and the elections have to be discussed. We have to ask with a unified voice what is being done about the elections. The citizenry have to be more involved in understanding the importance of having a voice so that they begin to see their votes as an investment which would be better spent on the right person they feel will bring the development they want. Hence a goal out of the many that can be associated with elections 2011 is raising awareness now and not by 2011 when we will have a rush job and people telling us that printers broke down in South Africa while yet again, the will of the people is ignored with regards to selection of leaders to represent them in the various capacities of speakers or the house of rep, gorvenors, president, etc. How can such be achieved?

Some ideas I had was going to the grass roots and engaging the people, hold community and discussions, embark on projects and generally raise awareness.

Another idea is to bring the people to the point of again asking the question "what has my govenor or speaker of president done for me?" in one voice. How can this be achieved? I am also a member of a forum which deals with projects, developments, construction, etc occuring around the world. There is a Nigerian section and posted there are projects going on in Nigeria, proposed projects, ones under construction, development, schemes, economical policies by govenors, etc. The site could use more help from people actually in Nigeria. How will such be used you might ask? A ratings system of all the govenors is created. This won't be a propaganda news paper ratings system but a rating system based on what has actually been achieved. Not what has been promised but what has been achieved on the ground in terms of projects instigated and completed, policies and economical schemes instigates, social schemes and development, urban renewal, etc. Such a list serves the purpose of creating an arguement for what good governance actually is.

Work would be done to publicise such list and such a list accompanied with photos, information, etc on the projects started will be taken to the people. What can such achieve? Well if people can actually compare their standard of living to everywhere else in the country they will hopefully begin to ask questions of their government and actually see what their govenor has done and rate it realisticall for themselves. Such will bring to light what should probably be the issues of the next election - DEVELOPMENT. The aim is to make people begin to actually realise as opposed to just knowing that they have to be more involved if lives are to be improved and development achieved. Hopefully these ventures will make obvious the fickleness of mere rhetoric or catch phrase usage in the next elections and make people begin to ask, what can you do for us and how do we know you will do it, why should we pick you?

I have more ideas on just this issue but I will not bore you and will save it for the right avenue. By the way this is just elections, you will have people coming with different ideas in different areas ranging from social projects like installing pipe borne water to strategies towards using the media to highlight some of the issues Nigeria might want to think about focusing on. The goals of some groups might be as simple as informing people.

I have quite a few ideas on other sectors especially education which involves reaching out to people ranging from secondary school principals, to college provost, to university chancellors and lecturers who are willing to accept help; but again that I will not elaborate now because that is not the point now. You might feel that my ideas are stupid, childish, naive and even immature. That is fine because we can't always agree. I just used those examples to show you that this is not just about talking with no action. The plan is to actually strategise and get on the ground to work towards change.

Let us join hands, put heads together and work towards change in Nigeria.

Get involved - the first step is sending an email to ndm and someone will get back to you (ndmnigeria@gmail.com)
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2009
@skyblue, I think it time we begin practical execution of this ideas, contributions and agenda, 2011 is just around the corridor, the earlier we act the Better. And Remember "THE YOUTHS OF A NATION ARE THE BACKBONE OF THAT NATION", No youth-No Country . Am also suggesting that we begin Xchange of fone numbers! Remember we are yet to designate persons to take charge of certain responsibility,
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2009
brein:

@skyblue, I think it time we begin practical execution of this ideas, contributions and agenda, 2011 is just around the corridor, the earlier we act the Better. And Remember "THE YOUTHS OF A NATION ARE THE BACKBONE OF THAT NATION", No youth-No Country . Am also suggesting that we begin Xchange of fone numbers! Remember we are yet to designate persons to take charge of certain responsibility,

Kind words. Thanks. Why not express this at the meeting this evening and we could being pragmatic. However, as we’re still a new founding group, we’re trying to get past he basic team problems and we’re just forming and still storming but once we past this stage, we’ll start performing and norming. (Sky Blue thinks that’s so corny , cheesy)
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by amosexy: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2009
2Legit:

if politician come giv una money now, many of una go shut up.
we don see una b4
2Legit you are beyond help and you are a Coward-you wake up everyday without electricity whereas OBJ spent almost €16 billion on the power sector and most of those foreign contractors did not even know where the sites were located and indeed, he paid most of them 100% of contract money(tax payers money). His actions is still tormenting our country today and you are of the view that this movement needs money from a politician.I don`t think I should need to exert any more effort thinking up answers to your posting. These 2 "wonderful" human beings have answered you: SKY BLUE and BOSS but I think you should stay off if you have nothing good to contribute.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by anonimi: 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2009
I may not make it to the meeting but I think sensitising MANY people about this case might also be a good part aside the awareness raisning among youths on 2011 elections.
A simple SMS to people on your address book about the case and its court date will go a long way for this goal.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 10, 2009
Y'all welcome to NIGERIAN DEVELOPMENT MOVEMENT (NDM).

**Please Note**

This Movement is not one sort of idea that will soon go down the drain' for those who might have such opinion, the earlier you begin to realize that the better, WITH GOD / ALLAH (whatever God u know) ON OUR SIDE, WE SHALL SOON COME TO THE LIMELIGHT, where Nigeria and Nigerians in diaspora would here and come to know of NDM. (Amen).

I must commend the effort of faithful guys out there who have taken their precious time in plotting out strategies and under-brainstorming to ensure a positive outcome of this,

And please remember that we NL's must be of practical example to others out there!!!

No One Left Out! Be you from the South - West - East - North of Nigeria, Be you a Shoe-maker (Aboki), Be you a Governor, Be you a Banker, YOU ARE ALL WELCOME , .like i stated earlier this movement is for (ALL CLASS ALL AGES)

No discrimination.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2009
@ brein and @amosexy @youngies,

How far? Can you please get in touch with myself or SkyBlue. We have some issues to discuss with you as we're moving forward and we don't want to leave you out.
We had a fruitful meeting yesterday lasting about 2hours.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 10, 2009
@ B.O.S.S is there a meeting today

i suppose it was slated for this coming Sunday been 15th Feb. 09.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 10:26am On Feb 10, 2009
brein:

@ B.O.S.S is there a meeting today

i suppose it was slated for this coming Sunday been 15th Feb. 09.

That’s right but we’re trying to implement things behind the scenes as we cannot just get started on Sunday and people would find lack of planning and organization. I don’t want people to start criticizing us (typical Naija) lol.

We’ve met twice so far. We’ll be meeting again today at 6pm just for an hour. Send me an email to my address and I’ll let you know what we discusses yesterday as well as what we’ll be discussing today. It’s all in preparation for Sunday’s meeting at 6pm UK time.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 10, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

That’s right but we’re trying to implement things behind the scenes as we cannot just get started on Sunday and people would find lack of planning and organization. I don’t want people to start criticizing us (typical Naija) lol.

We’ve met twice so far. We’ll be meeting again today at 6pm just for an hour. Send me an email to my address and I’ll let you know what we discusses yesterday as well as what we’ll be discussing today. It’s all in preparation for Sunday’s meeting at 6pm UK time.

Now B.O.S.S, we cannot afford to leave some people behind, as many would love to be carried-along, But as you said its all a preparation towards the forth-coming meeting, what u think about this ??

I need an update please on meetings held and issues discussed so far, my mail is (cleanwilson@yahoo.com).
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by BOSS7: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2009
@ Brein

Not that at all. We're just trying our best to make sure things are ok. We've not discussed anything maor. All we discussed are just preparations. We'll start from a clean slate come Sunday. I've mailed you as well.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 10, 2009
@ B.o.s.s Thanks, Got it. hope to be there at today's meeting by 6pm.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by nadico(m): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2009
1) jensinmi
2)pixiraver
3)Kenezi
4)Charlesmud
5)latox
6)Naijex
7)youngies
coolproudly9ja
9)Busy body
10)amosexy
11)ajadrage
12)agaba123
13)innocentoh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)beneli
17)ohaechesi
18)Sky Blue
19)cvibe
20)Honeric01
21)Bhola
22)Sam Milla
23)brein
24)fe32
25)HajiFaty
26)Meexteriox
27]Nadico
Now we can can help create a positive change by talking.count me in
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by amosexy: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

@ brein and @amosexy @youngies,

How far? Can you please get in touch with myself or SkyBlue. We have some issues to discuss with you as we're moving forward and we don't want to leave you out.
We had a fruitful meeting yesterday lasting about 2hours.

Thanks

Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by amosexy: 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2009
I thot there was suppose to be a meetin by 6pm ? I'm waitin oooo.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by pixiraver(m): 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2009
My id is pixiraver23@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2009
amosexy:

I thot there was suppose to be a meetin by 6pm ? I'm waitin oooo.

6pm UK time, 7pm Nigerian time, 1pm New York Time : )
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2009
Ok, topics/sectors have been chosen as the final topics to address at the general conference on Sunday 15th February. This does not mean more sectors cannot be formed but for now the finalised topics are going to be the main sectors and hence committees are going to be formed around the chosen finalised areas. Each committee has a coordinator. Again, this is necessary for maintaining organisation and these things are not permanent. Committees have dedicated chat rooms on the forum dedicated to this movement. This means that after the conference on Sunday the committees can becomes more independent and feel free to book their own meeting times and chat and contribute in the chat rooms dedicated to them. The topics and committees at this moment are therefore:

1 Education                                                     -  Coordinator B.O.S.S
2 Special Projects                                             -  Coordinator Bhola
3 Governance and corruption                              -  Coordinator Sky Blue
4 Awareness and Media            -  Coordinator Sam Milla
5 Health                                                           -  Coordinator proudly9ja

People are adviced to sign up for committees they are interested in and keep in mind that this is just a start. A serious awareness campaign is in place to raise publicity for the vision much beyond the scope of Nairaland and the internet so please, spread the word. People are free to join more than one committee but are adviced to be dedicated to one committee at any one time. The whole point is to have an integrated system with interdependent committees or groups which are focused on more specific goals and the much larger goal of positive change and impact. This system means committees are focused but can still gain from the larger group through collaboration between committees when necessary. If you join more than one committee it would probably mean more work so get involved and contrinute what you can and take on what you can handle.

The goals and strategies of each committee will be made clearer after the conference on Sunday. So the task now is signing up to committees and hence booking your place in the relevant chat rooms for Sunday. People can't just turn up until they are registered and registration is approved so please understand that you need to signify or notify that you are coming for this conference. Hence, interested people should just notify through posting what committee or area they are interested in now. It is not a permanent placement and people are free to move around but are adviced to sign up where they can contribute most effectively. The minutes and agendas as well as work going on, progress reports, what is being achieved, etc will be posted on the dedicated site and probably here to keep people informed about what is happening in all areas. Now it is up to you, sign up and be counted. Again, this goes for every single person interested in joining hands to work towards a better Nigeria and invitations will always be open. We have talked, now it is time to stand and be counted. Where can you contribute?

PS if your name is not added to the list please notify by adding it to the list or email sincwe this means you have taken the initiamtive and want to join. It would be amazing to have a lot more people but what is sought is people who want to be a part of this and not people who have to be begged. Hence please take the initiative, copy the list of names and add your name as the next number and post cos no one will do it for you. Thanks

Get Involved - the first step is sending an email to ndm and someone will get back to you (ndmnigeria@gmail.com)
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 11:18pm On Feb 10, 2009
by the way, Eric and meeteorix, the emails on your profile are those your emails? Tried to contact both of you.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by amosexy: 12:19am On Feb 11, 2009
I am interested in member of Governance and Corruption committee.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Bhola(f): 12:54am On Feb 11, 2009
How many times have you thought about the situations in Nigeria? How many times have you thought, how can these keep happening? Why is nothing happening?

Now is the time to join hands together and have positive moves in Nigeria. Can it be done? Yes. Will it take time? Sure. But I also believe, doing a little here and there, will make things better.

Are you convinced you want to do something? Are you ready to speak up and offer solutions and back it up with actions? Please send a mail to ndmnigeria@gmail.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved!!!
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SamMilla1(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2009
Do you have stable electricity in your house ?
Do you get water from the taps in your house ?
Do you drive your car on a good road ?
Do you send your children to school without wary of fees ?
Do you eat up to three square meals in a day?
Do you sleep at night without fear of gunshots in the neighborhood ?

Do you know that all these things are very easy to achieve ?

I know that what we are attempting to do sounds absurd but ALBERT EINSTEIN once said
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

The question is : HOW DO WE BRING POSITIVE CHANGES TO OUR NATION?

First of all, We must learn to view change as a natural phenomenon-to anticipate it and to plan for it.
The future is ours to channel in the direction we want to go. We must continually ask ourselves, "What will happen if ,  ?" or better still, "How can we make it happen?"

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze us, they're supposed to help us discover who we are and what we can do or become.

BECOME PART OF THE MOVEMENT BY SENDING A MAIL TO ndmnigeria@gmail.com
Someone will tell get back to you
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by beneli(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2009
I am actually becoming excited about this whole thing.
The facebook group is growing in leaps and bounds, and the commitee seem to have a clear focus.

For once i am starting to believe again.

I'm sure the committee is already thinking of having a website for this movement.
I mean a proper website, not the kind of jokes that are paraded as such by most Nigerian organisations.
A discussion should be had about the costings and so on, and how we can generate the money for it ASAP-i don't think generating the money would be a problem.

I am also sure that the facebook group will be continually updated on what's going on. When you log on there, there's nothing to inform the recent 'recruits' that this is beyond rhetoric.

Nigerians want to believe again. And most of those signing on want to be carried along and become enthused with the same enthusiasm that have taken hold of some of us here.

I'll be joining the Health group and will try to sign in for the discussion on Sunday. Hopefully i'll make it, but i may have oncall commitments,
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by zangief: 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2009
1) jensinmi
2)pixiraver
3)Kenezi
4)Charlesmud
5)latox
6)Naijex
7)youngies
coolproudly9ja
9)Busy body
10)amosexy
11)ajadrage
12)agaba123
13)innocentoh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)beneli
17)ohaechesi
18)Sky Blue
19)cvibe
20)Honeric01
21)Bhola
22)Sam Milla
23)brein
24)fe32
25)Zangief
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by Moves: 12:21pm On Feb 11, 2009
SkyBlue or B.O.S.S can u guys post a detailed step by step guide of joining, as there seems to be confusion so say copy the list below others say send email, and there are now 2 email address given, the ndm@gmail and another yahoo account, Also can someone post the link to the Facebook group
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
Moves:

SkyBlue or B.O.S.S can u guys post a detailed step by step guide of joining, as there seems to be confusion so say copy the list below others say send email, and there are now 2 email address given, the ndm@gmail and another yahoo account, Also can someone post the link to the Facebook group

Sorry for the confusion. The first yahoo email given was that of proudly9ja who was in charge of invites and organisation of groups, meetings, minutes, etc. The ndm email is the official one and was set up not too long ago. So any email address will do. People please, follow amosexy's lead and sign up for committees. I wil update later.
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by beneli(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
Moves:

Also can someone post the link to the Facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49515427949
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by SkyBlue1: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2009
If you want to join simply signify by adding your name to the ongoing list. If your name/id is not on the ongoing list please just copy the list and add your name as the next number, simple as that. After this send an email to ndmnigeria@gmail.com and we will get in touch with you. Once you add your name to the list the next step is to select the committee you would like to be a part of. A lot of this has been discussed previously so please people who had identified themselves and put their name on the list get in contact with us and select a committee by posting what you wish to be a part of on this thread. Are things a bit clearer now?
Re: Nigerian Development Movement - Get Involved by JJYOU: 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2009
1) jensinmi
2)pixiraver
3)Kenezi
4)Charlesmud
5)latox
6)Naijex
7)youngies
coolproudly9ja
9)Busy body
10)amosexy
11)ajadrage
12)agaba123
13)innocentoh
14)sashbaby
15)B.O.S.S
16)beneli
17)ohaechesi
18)Sky Blue
19)cvibe
20)Honeric01
21)Bhola
22)Sam Milla
23)brein
24)fe32
25)Zangief
26)jjyou

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

35 New Firms Open For Business In Ogun State In Two Years / Fifteen Achievements Of General Buhari - To Doyin Okupe / Boko Haram Kill Seven In Suicide Attack, Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.