Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? (19129 Views)

My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by leovaskey(m): 10:30pm On May 13, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Only foolish girls and husband-freaked ones can do that.

angry
na so una dey claim for Mr D say una no be husband freek,but dey beg Mr B,if someone like 2face even pass near una house,u no go freek ?
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by leovaskey(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2015
Washing is nature,whether she will marry u or not so long as she spends time with u she will naturally do ur laundry if she hates dirt,but these days dirty ones are more in de market,so wen u complain they excuse demselves by reminding u dat they've not been paid for
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Qmab: 10:43pm On May 13, 2015
Oluwaplumpie:
get a grip, ure a lady. A man who can't clean up after himself isn't worthy of a wife.
i'm sure you read the part where i wrote 'as much as you can'. Besides what I wrote doesn't demean a lady. When you go stay with someone, anyone, and you can't help with anything around the house, then what are you useful for. NOTHING.
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Gud1(m): 11:39pm On May 13, 2015
1stola:

What kind of engagement?
Official or the type you people assume when you go buy N200 ring and put on her finger?
Please trow more bullshıt light on the bolded.

Officially because some marrital rite and items have been bought and presented to her family in d present of both families.
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by niggereyez(f): 12:25am On May 14, 2015
she dey krase? undecided
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Nobody: 12:36am On May 14, 2015
Gud1:
Please guys Help me out here, if a lady is engaged to a man, is it her responsibility to wash his cloths and warm his bed when she visits him and stays for a month?

Why would any girl spend one month with a man she's not married to?
Isn't that the height of foolishness

3 Likes

Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by NobleG1(m): 1:33am On May 14, 2015
Gud1:
Please guys Help me out here, if a lady is engaged to a man, is it her responsibility to wash his cloths and warm his bed when she visits him and stays for a month?

Definition of Responsibility: Something for which one is responsible; a duty, obligation, or burden.

NO, it's not her responsibility to do anything for you. Anything she does for you is an act of love, kindness and compassion, which is her choice to make and NOT a responsibility. She's not even your wife!

It's not even her responsibility to have sex with you. She can sleep with another man if she wants, it's her body, and you can't do anything about it. She have sex with you only because of the love she has for you, and shouldn't be misconstrued be as "her job to you". It's her wish.

When people are nice to you or do something good for you, they do so out of goodwill not as their responsibility.

That you're engaged to her doesn't mean she has become your house-girl or property! Most Nigerian men still have 1815 mentality. A time when women were nothing but property, slaves, servants, house-girls and sex objects. We're in 2015!

Wash your damn clothes man! If she wishes to assist you, fine, if not, don't use it against her. There're better ways to know a good partner. By the way, can you wash her clothes too?

1 Like

Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by chiteny(m): 2:24am On May 14, 2015
Engagement is not equal to Marriage.

In the first place i wonder what a real lady will be doing in her fiance's hoouse for a month? Such visits bring up a lot of unwanted things. No matter how holy the both of them are, there will be sex. And when there is sex (assuming it has not already been taking place) what else is there for the rest of the month. She can assume her full responsibility as the wife...probably have a kid or two and then you both can talk about marriage, if it is needed by then.

Stupid move...

1 Like

Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by preshpresh(f): 3:43am On May 14, 2015
No she can't, u guys aren't married yet so she dosnt need to be spending a month in ur place. U shud get busy planning ur wedding so u can enjoy d wifely roles
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by femmywest(m): 6:56am On May 14, 2015
let's be realistic for a minute they've probably had sex before they got engaged so what's all the talk that she shouldn't warm his bed.about the house chores,shes staying for a month,do you you expect the guy to be the one doing it when she's around?
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Ihuomadinihu: 8:48am On May 14, 2015
Depends on what it is. If it is making a meal and taking it over to him once in a while,ok.(choice) Anyother thing should wait till you are truly married traditionally,legally and religiously. Engagement is not marriage o.
And co-habiting before Marriage is a no no.

1 Like

Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by NZEGWUAGU(m): 8:53am On May 14, 2015
Engagement is not marriage! Some guys use it to deceive gullible ladies and after hammering the living daylight out of them would dump them for other babes. Engagement should not exceed three months before marriage. Be that as it may, it is not out of place to do those things for your boyfriend.
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Habisiwealth(f): 9:22am On May 14, 2015
It depends on d the level of their love.As for me I visits my fiance during d weekends,at time he would ave washed his clothes, ironed them and washed d used cutlery.And sometimes, I ll b d one to do the chores or we did them togeda.The best tin I enjoy doing is cooking good meals for him weneva am around
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Kings109: 9:47am On May 14, 2015
You need nt stay one month with a man who has nt married u, however if u must do then u shud be able to help in small chores like cooking, washing, sweeping etc. U dont tell me that u'll cross ur legs & ur man will do all of that.
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by creepsyme(f): 1:36pm On May 14, 2015
donbenedict:
Depends on what she wants to oFfer... Yeah washn clothes is cool. Its not bad.. Buh for d sex part, it depends on their choice..
I hate to wash cloths gooooshh God help me.
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by donbenedict(m): 2:19pm On May 14, 2015
creepsyme:
I hate to wash cloths gooooshh God help me.
dnt worry ah will buy u a washing machine and a dishwasher because of ur nails...
Am very understandin grin
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by creepsyme(f): 6:35pm On May 14, 2015
donbenedict:
dnt worry ah will buy u a washing machine and a dishwasher because of ur nails...
Am very understandin grin
adont even fix nail am allergic to artificial nail. just dont like washing dats all, I can cook all the food , clean all the house but washing? nananananana.....
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by donbenedict(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2015
creepsyme:
adont even fix nail am allergic to artificial nail. just dont like washing dats all, I can cook all the food , clean all the house but washing? nananananana.....
am ben nd u r?
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by KanwuliaJara: 7:58pm On May 14, 2015
1stola:

See mgbeke feeling like one local champion o cheesy
Only jobless people send such nonsense.

Quoting 'MastaCraft' Flavour. . . .
Okwa n'abania? undecided

Na who call you for dis discussion? undecided
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by KanwuliaJara: 7:59pm On May 14, 2015
Na Double-Double!
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Ewuro4: 8:13pm On May 14, 2015
Engagement in Nigerian is different from the oyinbo engagement oh ( popping the four word question).

However, in Nigeria ..

Paying bride price & wine tasting signifies engagement in some culture. ( I stand to be corrected though)

'Family introduction' signifies engagement in another.

So yes, some fiances move in together( what we call trial marriage & getting to know each other) and assumes wifee duties after theses official ceremonies henceforth.

Is there any problem with that
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by 1stola: 8:45pm On May 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Quoting 'MastaCraft' Flavour. . . . Okwa n'abania? undecided
Na who call you for dis discussion? undecided
Orie lo buru undecided
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by KanwuliaJara: 9:08pm On May 14, 2015
1stola:

Orie lo buru undecided

Did you see any ROMANCIELINA on this thread OR THIS SECTION OF NL? undecided
Abi you tink say na Romance section you dey? undecided

The era of 'mumuism' is gone on NL. . . abeg don't drag us back!

Thanks! kiss
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by SAMBARRY: 9:10pm On May 14, 2015
grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

Did you see any ROMANCIELINA on this thread OR THIS SECTION OF NL? undecided
Abi you tink say na Romance section you dey? undecided

Thanks! kiss
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by KanwuliaJara: 9:14pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin

E don taya to look and 'SMELL' ROKINATU buttocks for romance section, come dey disturb porsin for family seshun fa!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrantus NONSENCICUS! grin
Or e be like say e dey mistake me for dem 'AUNTY JEMIMA' beauty queens for romance section or something like dat.
E don miss road be dat!
TtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewW!!!
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by SAMBARRY: 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
grin grin

Some children should be ignored. He's one of them that should be ignored because he's trolling and obviously looking for attention
KanwuliaJara:

E don taya to look ROKINATU buttocks for romance section, come dey disturb porsin for family seshun fa!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrantus NONSENCICUS! grin
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by KanwuliaJara: 9:19pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin

Some children should be ignored. He's one of them that should be ignored because he's trolling and obviously looking for attention

E don tey we de fool dey troll ke.
Politics section don wipe dem out, religious section do sweep them azzes out.
Always looking for 'new' grounds to make trouble with the LAZZZZZZZZZIEST moderators wey nor fit read! grin
Na for family section dem migrate come because you know for sure na here MODERATORS dey snore pass dem own 'report button'!
Nansenzzzzzzzzzzz! grin
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by SAMBARRY: 9:21pm On May 14, 2015
cheesy grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

E don tey we de fool dey troll ke.
Politics section don wipe dem out, religious section do sweep them azzes out.
Always looking for 'new' grounds to make trouble with the LAZZZZZZZZZIEST moderators wey nor fit read! grin
Na for family section dem migrate come because you know for sure na here MODERATORS dey snore pass dem own 'report button'!
Nansenzzzzzzzzzzz! grin
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Daresh(f): 12:21am On May 15, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
What value re u bring into his life then? This laziness wont help you ooooo. Hope u arent lazy in bed ooooo grin

So you rate a womans value with washing clothes? I pity your generation.
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by 1stola: 6:51am On May 15, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Did you see any ROMANCIELINA on this thread OR THIS SECTION OF NL? undecided Abi you tink say na Romance section you dey? undecided
Thanks! kiss
Really?
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:08am On May 15, 2015
Daresh:

So you rate a womans value with washing clothes? I pity your generation.
Its part of d value abeg. We knw naa only sexual value most of u have.
Re: Can She Assumed A Wife Responsibility When Engaged? by Daresh(f): 9:55am On May 15, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Its part of d value abeg. We knw naa only sexual value most of u have.

Like I said, I pity your generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party / Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. / Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.