Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage (50493 Views)

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / 40% Of First Borns Are Not From Their Fathers- Dna Expert Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

Bride price is a cultural thing not biblical. Get it right. Stop my husband from paying what? My husband is a grown man and I am not his mother.
You are a dunderhead and you keep exposing your crass ignorance. I don't even know who is listening to this associate degree holder.

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:08pm On May 12, 2015
computerboy:

you're contradicting yourself. The man is the head and the woman is the help mate and yet you're claiming a feminist, seems you don't even know the meaning of feminism

Law have mercy! Can somebody please call Yaba Left!

Did you read my post with both eyes or you were drunk? I said in a CHRISTIAN FAMILY..the man is the head and the woman is the help mate.

Feminism is about gender equality and even presidents rely on the help and understanding of the vice president!

This cerebral motherfucker said I contradicted myself. Gotdamn#
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:10pm On May 12, 2015
slimmy05:
You are a dunderhead and you keep exposing your crass ignorance. I don't even know who is listening to this associate degree holder.

The associate holder would be you. If you couldn't come up with an intelligent retort then say so but all that cerebral epistle isn't necessary.

Next.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:13pm On May 12, 2015
slimmy05:
go and handle your dead marriage you have successfully frustrated and stop dragging people down the line

Go find a chicken that would marry your broke and dumb ass! smiley

You wouldn't have time to worry about other people's marriage if you have one. Lonesome bish! smiley
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by yorubaboiy: 11:13pm On May 12, 2015
Laid2001:
Iro nla.! Arnold swazenegger's wife bears heinz throughout the marriage.

There is no justification for women changing their name to husband name at all. After all we are all equal partner in the union.

And more so, wedding or marriage is dissolvable but paternity is eternal. It is better to bear your name throughout your life if you so desire.

As for me, my wife chose to change her name even though I don't care about it. And my daughters will be allowed to choose if they want to keep their fathers name.!

emi ma ti gbo gbogbo nkan ti e nso.....nigba ti igbeyawo bati dun to de tun laarinrin.....kila tun wa nba ka
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

Go find a chicken that would marry your broke and dumb ass! smiley

You wouldn't have time to worry about other people's marriage if you have one. Lonesome bish! smiley
You wish you have those smiles in your life. So sorry dear, you're such a waste.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:15pm On May 12, 2015
If anyone got a divorce because of something I said on NL....please kill yourself! wink
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:16pm On May 12, 2015
slimmy05:
You wish you have those smiles in your life. So sorry dear, you're such a waste.

LMAO. This nigga is hurting. grin grin
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:16pm On May 12, 2015
slimmy05:

LMAO. This nigga is burting. grin grin
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

Did you read my post with both eyes or you were drunk? I said in a CHRISTIAN FAMILY..the man is the head and the woman is the help mate.

Feminism is about gender equality and even presidents rely on the help and understanding of the vice president!

and you think this dimwit is not an associate degree holder. Full of crap
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by computerboy: 11:21pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

Bride price is a cultural thing not biblical. Get it right. Stop my husband from paying what? My husband is a grown man and I am not his mother.

I've said it that feminism makes u reason from ur anus. Bride price is biblical u fool
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by RAKITIC: 11:25pm On May 12, 2015
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by RAKITIC: 11:26pm On May 12, 2015
Marriage is the biggest SCAM in the history of MANKIND
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by computerboy: 11:26pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

and now you're using presidents and their vice as example. so a president and his vice are equal? ? answer me you confused she goat.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:29pm On May 12, 2015
computerboy:

and now you're using presidents and their vice as example. so a president and his vice are equal? ? answer me you confused she goat.

I guess everyone isn't hip to metaphors! lipsrsealed

Pardon ne! (Motions the area boys to kill)
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by ayoku777(m): 11:30pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

The bible said slavery is just..do you mind being a slave?

The bible said thou shall not commit adultery, bear false witbess, obey your parents, do not use God's name in vain; and covet they neighbor wife....do you think a person should be killed instantly if one of these are committed?

The point is people can quote scriptures all day long and only 2% of you are following the scripture like Jesus Christ. It is good to throw scriptures out that benefit you but are you following the tenet of the ENTIRE bible?

Tell the truth!

Are you calling me a hypocrite? Or that I quote scriptures without striving to live up to it by God's grace? Do you judge people without knowing them? Or you are just fond of stereotyping?

I'm not perfect but hear this; if Jesus were to show up to me today and say; Ayo, ask what I shall give you? I will say, Lord, to be like you. To behold your glory and be changed into the image of your glory.

Sister, not everyone is a hypocrite. So please stop stereotyping. Don't judge me by the character of those you've met or know.

That being said; you didn't disprove all the verses I quoted to buttress my point. You just digressed to implying.

While it is true that killing an adulterer falls under the old covenant; the verse that said that the man is the head of the woman and that the man was not made for the woman but the woman for the man are new testament truths.

A man should love his wife as Christ loves the church; and the woman should submit to her husband. Let the scripture say what it said, not what we want it to say.

When a woman marries a man, she marries into the house and family of the man. That is why Jesus was called a Son of David; even though she was born of a virgin and Joseph was the one from the lineage of David.

It proofs that Mary married into the lineage of David through Joseph. That's the way it is. She leaves her father's house and is called after her husband.

Scripturally speaking, a man has more right to demand that his wife bears only his name, more than the woman has to demand otherwise. There is no scriptural justification for a woman objecting to that. Just 21st century civil liberty justification.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by IYANGBALI: 11:30pm On May 12, 2015
Like rokiatu agbabiaka-ajanlekoko
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:31pm On May 12, 2015
computerboy:

I've said it that feminism makes u reason from ur anus. Bride price is biblical u fool

LMAO@bride price is biblical. grin.

No damn wonder "christians" are bleeped up!
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:33pm On May 12, 2015
slimmy05:
and you think this dimwit is not an associate degree holder. Full of crap

We can believe your dumb ass doesn't have an associate degree.

Lick that wound bish! smiley
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Beface(m): 11:34pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

I don't t have to justify shit to you and anyone else. Stay out of my marriage and focus on yours. (If you got one)

Secondly, I have said it several times and I swear some of you mofis are cerebral. I said a woman can choose to keep her father's name or take her husband's name. If she doesn't take her husband's name it is her choice! Not one time I have said women shouldn't take their husband's name. If many of you weren't so quick to be at your chest like apes...you would comprehend that!
Using words or inappropriate example. Respect is reciprocal my friend. Am careful with my choice word but it seems to me this is your nature. It only go along way to show your kind of person.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:35pm On May 12, 2015
RAKITIC:
Marriage is the biggest SCAM in the history of MANKIND

Wow.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

Where is it in the bible that say a woman must take the man's surname because she left her patwnt's home. There is no such thing as modern trend marriage. Marriage is marriage regardless of the season. If it is not a big deal for a woman to take the man's bame....then it shouldn't be a big deal for a man to take the woman's ,name. Simple.

When he paid your bride price, and your family 'extorted' him, you were handed over to him. You became a member of his household, his property. Just as he has become yours.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

Frustrated crack head
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 12, 2015
Beface:

Using words or inappropriate example. Respect is reciprocal my friend. Am careful with my choice word but it seems to me this is your nature. It only go along way to show your kind of person.
the nitwit is just full of crap. They are in U.S. but are still bitter like they are in maiduguri
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:39pm On May 12, 2015
Beface:

Nigga...leave that weed alone because you are reading shit from a dyslexic point of view.

You have nothing to stand on and making up shit as you go. You can't show one thing that was different in my posts on this thread and I have maintained through the whole argument that women have a choice and don't have to take their husband's surname and you bishing about me choosing to accept my husband's name with my father's.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 12, 2015
computerboy:

shut up u mofo, there's no metaphor there. You're talking about equality and used a president and his vice as example. Aren't u a very big e-diot?
I will still place her well. Let me get on the computer.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by urchmanx(m): 11:40pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

Calling people name is so uncalled for! Make your point without calling people names, that way people can listen to you. I have also gone through your posts and all I can see is name calling.
It's all uncalled for. You can also call me names I didn't care just pointing out a pattern that is becoming a habit because it makes people to look down on you.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by ayoku777(m): 11:41pm On May 12, 2015
baibijay:

I know nothing about that please. Sometimes we should not only think with the scripture but our head too. Because a lady is married to another family doesn't mean she isn't born of her parent. She should bear fathers name please.

There is nothing wrong in reasoning with your head, as long as it doesn't contradict or make you start twisting the word to make it say what you want it to say.

If a man objects to a woman bearing her Father's name after marriage; he has scriptural justification for his stand; more than the woman has to stubbornly insist otherwise. That's what I'm saying.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 11:43pm On May 12, 2015
urchmanx:

Calling people name is so uncalled for! Make your point without calling people names, that way people can listen to you. I have also gone through your posts and all I can see is name calling.
It's all uncalled for. You can also call me names I didn't care just pointing out a pattern that is becoming a habit because it makes people to look down on you.

First of all nigga...they started calling me names and I have returned the gift.

If you are going to jump in...look before you do.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 12, 2015
MrsChima:

What are you on about? I have said in my posts that Christ is the head of the Christian families, the man is the head of the house,and the woman is the help mate. I also said it applies in Christian families and not other religions. Why are you being redundant?

I am a feminist until the end of time and being a feminist has nothing to do with a woman's choice in
her life. All feminist aren't women and all anti- feminist are men.

Live your life and if your woman takes your surname....clap for yourself. Good riddance!

Please tell me a religion that doesn't recognise the man as the head of the family.
Are you married?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

My Husband Cannot Sexually Satisfy Me, Please Separate Us, Wife / Man Who Built A House For His Girlfriend's Family Wants To Demolish It After.... / Muhammad Makes List Of Top 10 Baby Names In The US For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.