Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,146 members, 7,953,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:15 PM

New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage (51470 Views)

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / 40% Of First Borns Are Not From Their Fathers- Dna Expert Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:14am On May 13, 2015
dicefrost:

I would have commented further, but since you have taken to name calling, i ll just stop here. I thought we could reason like responsible people, but i'm not good at name calling or trading insults, neither do i like being insulted. I was polite to you. ...... Bye

Good bye.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:16am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
when you turned yours to a punching bag, you frustrated overused sluut

Not like that old hag you called a cumbucket!
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:21am On May 13, 2015
dicefrost:

I really wonder what is fueling her anger

Anger? I wish I would get angry over some faceless chatters bullshit.

Wrong chatter boo! If anyone come at me with bullshit...I like to return the gifts!
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 6:26am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

Anger? I wish I would get angry over some faceless chatters bullshit.

Wrong chatter boo! If anyone come at me with bullshit...I like to return the gifts!

you should spend more time picking the pieces left in your miserable life. You're overused, drained and should be trashed. I wonder the ilk or dimwit that would share same bed with you.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Peaceemerald: 6:28am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

Are you married nosy mofo? If you are going to jump into an argument....look first.

A chatter posted a verse from a bible and I responded the above as the tegards to the bible being a Christian thing. What other religions you know reads the bible?

Exactly.

Sorry that this has to come from another woman, but the way you carry this feminism, makes you look like you are angry and frustrated about something. You degrade, attack and insult men at the slightest opportunity, even the ones who happen to be very polite, like the one you replied with this text. Is that what your feminism is about? Hating men and dragging authority in the home with your husband?

I think either of these three things must have happened to you a) you have been badly hurt by a man or men b) you are finding it difficult to get a husband or you had a bad marriage and this has led to your bitterness. c) your father must have hurt your mum previously.

But your bitterness and anger cannot change that which is the norm. If i am married, i ll respect my husband as my head. If you can't then don't get married and keep your frustration to yourself. You arguments are irrational and pointless, you are just dancing from place to place without logic it's embarrassing to descent women here.

I know you ll reply with vituperations, bile and insults. Darling i understand your situation , and i forgive you already, so bring it on.

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:30am On May 13, 2015
Monikween:
a large percentage of threads are women degrading... I just observed nd d men are soooo quick to lash out nd say all sorts.. .It's just My opinion but these posts are disturbing... always attacking females.. lipsrsealed

Precisely! Don't express your opinions differ from them or don't agree with their barbaric mentality...it is on!

Something is wrong in your house or you are a slut because they didn't expect to come across women who will speak brashly and not give a Bleep who doesn't like it!

If they rim out of fighting words....they will throw dirt at you and not expect you to fight them back.

Let them attack...that is all they can do online!

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:31am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
you should spend more time picking the pieces left in your miserable life. You're overused, drained and should be trashed. I wonder the ilk or dimwit that would share same bed with you.

As I have called it...this bish can't not stop talking to "this miserable" person! grin

Dumb ass!
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:34am On May 13, 2015
Peaceemerald:

Sorry that this has to come from another woman, but the way you carry this feminism, makes you look like you are angry and frustrated about something. You degrade, attack and insult men at the slightest opportunity, even the ones who happen to be very polite, like the one you replied with this text. Is that what your feminism is about? Hating men and dragging authority in the home with your husband?

I think either of these three things must have happened to you a) you have been badly hurt by a man or men b) you are finding it difficult to get a husband or you had a bad marriage and this has led to your bitterness. c) your father must have hurt your mum previously.

But your bitterness and anger cannot change that which is the norm. If i am married, i ll respect my husband as my head. If you can't then don't get married and keep your frustration to yourself. You arguments are irrational and pointless, you are just dancing from place to place without logic it's embarrassing to descent women here.

I know you ll reply with vituperations, bile and insults. Darling i understand your situation , and i forgive you already, so bring it on.

Okay....you feel better? I would be too if I was verbally shitting! lipsrsealed

LMAO@angry grin grin. That's some funny shit! Thanks for the laugh! smiley
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 6:35am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

As I have called it...this bish can't not stop talking to "this miserable" person! grin

Dumb ass!
dunderhead keep feeling like she has some wheat not knowing she's just a pile of abandoned garbage.

You had better revisit your life before you get knocked down by crack head Latinos cos your sight sucks
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:37am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
dunderhead keep feeling like she has some wheat not knowing she's just a pile of abandoned garbage.

You had better revisit your life before you get knocked down by crack head Latinos cos your sight sucks

Yawns. You must be really bored! lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 6:39am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

Yawns. You must be really bored! lipsrsealed
I see no reason why a responsible woman would be online when she is meant to be with the husband, shows the extent to which you are frustrated. Your case really doesn't have remedy. You better drop dead.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by irunoko(m): 6:40am On May 13, 2015
urchmanx:

LOL I am just laughing at your ignorance. YES I said it IGNORANCE. You think the world have moved pass certain things! You can move with it I am staying.
I am pride to be an African traditionalist and I am very much delighted to be a custodian of African culture. My old parents thought me that, I am happy that my children even in this crazy world and society still value African culture. I have nothing else to say to you. Goodnight in Nigeria.
the better for you wink

good night in Nigeria ko good morning in France ni . continue deceiving yourself grin
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 6:47am On May 13, 2015
In as much as I am pro diversity, I still do not see reason why it should be a competition like some deranged ill educated portrays it. You need better schooling, you just come here thinking you can rant and talk down on men any how. I'll cut your wings.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:53am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
I see no reason why a responsible woman would be online when she is meant to be with the husband, shows the extent to which you are frustrated. Your case really doesn't have remedy. You better drop dead.

I would be glad when you find a man, woman, or dog. You are a bit obsessive in chatter's personal life.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 6:56am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

I would be glad when you find a man, woman, or dog. You are a bit obsessive in chatter's personal life.
not some lazy arse like you who live on child support. Get the hell outta here, I am not your mate sluut
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:56am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
In as much as I am pro diversity, I still do not see reason why it should be a competition like some deranged ill educated portrays it. You need better schooling, you just come here thinking you can rant and talk down on men any how. I'll cut your wings.

The same thing can be said about you and manbishes who think they can say whatever and a woman won't check them!

As far as schooling goes...take your own advice! Just saying! lipsrsealed
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 6:58am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
not some lazy arse like you who live on child support. Get the hell outta here, I am not your mate sluut

No...you are not! He has several graduate degrees and doesn't live with his mother! No...you are definitely notmy man! Ewwws!
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 7:04am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

No...you are not! He has several graduate degrees and doesn't live with his mother! No...you are definitely notmy man! Ewwws!

grin grin this is why you need to have your brain re-examined, I'll rather self-service than take bj from a sluut like you. You are lucky he is an Igbo man who is worth his onion, just a pity he ended with a roadside. I bet your first preg was a quickie in the basement- product of excess vodka
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by moghedien: 7:08am On May 13, 2015
Some men and women here are assuming this name thing has to do with power/authority. It doesn't.

This practice didn't just magically come to be.

Lets approach this with common sense

Now, if two companies merge, what happens? One company assumes the name of the other usually, this is to present a common identity to the world and other companies.

So take two families: Amina Talbat & Kufre Esama, they're both leaving their families to start a new one. In order to make it clear to everyone, this new family takes on a new name. It could be Kufre Talbat, Amina Esama, Esama-Talbat or Talbat-Esama, a double barreled name over generations becomes confusing, the identity is unclear, since the man is seen as the head of the home (she bears her fathers name), it became common for the woman to bear the name of the new man in their new family.

Such that, when in public, everyone knows, this woman is now of a new family.

Now for me, this remains the choice of both parties intending to marry.

For me, when someone sees her name or calls my wife to be in any public place, I would want them to know she is married to me. She is not just a daughter, but now a mother and wife. Make man no come say, "I been no know se na person wife".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:12am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
grin grin this is why you need to have your brain re-examined, I'll rather self-service than take bj from a sluut like you. You are lucky he is an Igbo man who is worth his onion, just a pity he ended with a roadside. I bet your first preg was a quickie in the basement- product of excess vodka

Please go self service....it will help reduce your stalking!

This psycho.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 7:14am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

Please go self service....it will help reduce your stalking!

This psycho.
Pop your brains and graffiti your bathroom. You are worthless
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:15am On May 13, 2015
moghedien:
Some men and women here are assuming this name thing has to do with power/authority. It doesn't.

This practice didn't just magically come to be.

Lets approach this with common sense

Now, if two companies merge, what happens? One company assumes the name of the other usually, this is to present a common identity to the world and other companies.

So take two families: Amina Talbat & Kufre Esama, they're both leaving their families to start a new one. In order to make it clear to everyone, this new family takes on a new name. It could be Kufre Talbat, Amina Esama, Esama-Talbat or Talbat-Esama, a double barreled name over generations becomes confusing, the identity is unclear, since the man is seen as the head of the home (she bears her fathers name), it became common for the woman to bear the name of the new man in their new family.

Such that, when in public, everyone knows, this woman is now of a new family.

Now for me, this remains the choice of both parties intending to marry.

For me, when someone sees her name or calls my wife to be in any public place, I would want them to know she is married to me. She is not just a daughter, but now a mother and wife. Make man no come say, "I been no know se na person wife".

Even if she has your name..that's not going to keep men from her and if she wants to cheat her married name mean nothing.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:16am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
Pop your brains and graffiti your bathroom. You are worthless

I am so worthless that I had your attention for over 2 hours! Yeah right bish! grin grin
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by ayoku777(m): 7:17am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

I see you haven't answered my questiin, "are you willing to be a slave since the bible supports it?"

First of all I didn't judged you and I simply asked questions to mirror your judgemental tone. Secondly...a chatter said the same thing you have said about men being the head etc and I have responded. I don't need to repeat myself to make a point.

I have also said in my post that Ephesian 5 speaks about a woman submitting to her husband as he submit to Jesus Christ who is the head of the church. The verse is emphasized that husband's love your wives as christ loved the church and gave himself for it.

So if the wife refuses to take your surname because YOU said so...you are supposed to love her as Christ loved the church. You as a husband must walk and talk like Christ when it comes to your wife.

People quote scriptures all day and it means nothing to me. It doesn't mean that you are not a wolf in sheep clothing. All that jazz aint glitter!

Nawa o; see the twisting of the love of Christ.

So your idea of a man loving his wife as Christ loves the church is for him to go with whatever she insists? Is that how Christ loves the church? Does Christ go with whatever the church insists on doing even when He already said no to that thing.

So if a man loves you, he will agree with whatever you insist on, even if he doesn't like it; he must want what you like. That is telling him to both love you and submit to you. That's not the nature of the love of Christ, that's the voice of feminism talking. Trying to make a man submit to you, and saying he doesn't love you if he doesn't submit.

I keep telling you you're twisting the word to suit your sentiments but you keep disagreeing. A woman that claims to submit to a man that loves her will never insist on what he says no to. The love of Christ for his church does not make him go with whatever the church insists on. It is the church that submits to what Christ insists on.

And please where does the bible say we should be slaves?
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 7:18am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

Even if she has your name..that's not going to keep men from her and if she wants to cheat her married name mean nothing.
another senseless comment. You are worthless. You don't even cross me as someone who needs to comment on this thread. I wonder the community college that produced this nuisance

1 Like

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:24am On May 13, 2015
ayoku777:

Nawa o; see the twisting of the love of Christ.

So your idea of a man loving his wife as Christ loves the church is for him to go with whatever she insists? Is that how Christ loves the church? Does Christ go with whatever the church insists on doing even when He already said no to that thing.

So if a man loves you, he will agree with whatever you insist on, even if he doesn't like it; he must want what you like. That is telling him to both love you and submit to you. That's not the nature of the love of Christ, that's the voice of feminism talking. Trying to make a man submit to you, and saying he doesn't love you if he submit.

I keep telling you you're twisting the word to suit your sentiments but you keep disagreeing. A woman that claims to submit to a man that loves her will never insist on what he says no to. The love of Christ for his church does not make him go with whatever the church insists on. It is the church that submits to what Christ insists on.

Do you submit wholeheartedly to God? Do you devote your life to God? Do you separate yourself from the world and focus on the spiritual realm?

We as human beings are to submit to our creator without question but God has given us freewill to submit or not to submit. It applies the same to the wife can submit or not.

People has been instructed to live their life this way and that way but freewill is there. God knows we will disappoint him so the same concept apply in marriage...you have a freewill to love your wife as she has the freewill to submit to you as you submit to Christ.

Fake Christians always exposed themselves. grin. Please show where I said...you must agree with your wife? I know that I didn't say that because I wouldn't expect her to agree with everything you say!

People have rejected and abandoned Christ and YET he gave his life so they can have a chance! ;Can you do the same? I doubt it!

The scripture clearly stated that husband's love your wife as CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH AND GAVE HIS LIFE FOR IT!!!

No matter what...you are to love your wife and if you can't do that...why expect her to submit to you?

Christians are known to be selective obedient! grin
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:36am On May 13, 2015
slimmy05:
another senseless comment. You are worthless. You don't even cross me as someone who needs to comment on this thread. I wonder the community college that produced this nuisance

This stalker is stalking me all over NL. This is serious...let me take care of that.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by MrsChima(f): 7:40am On May 13, 2015
ayoku777:

And please where does the bible say we should be slaves?

You are such a bible scholar...surely you can find it! smiley

The bible supports slavery. Are you willing to be a slave?
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by ayoku777(m): 7:40am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

Fake Christians always exposed themselves. grin. Please show where I said...you must agree with your wife? I know that I didn't say that because I wouldn't expect her to agree with everything you say!

People have rejected and abandoned Christ and YET he gave his life so they can have a chance! ;Can you do the same? I doubt it!

The scripture clearly stated that husband's love your wife as CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH AND GAVE HIS LIFE FOR IT!!!

No matter what...you are to love your wife and if you can't do that...why expect her to submit to you?

Christians are known to be selective obedient! grin

From all indications and expressions you're the one selecting here. You want a man to love you no matter what but you don't want to submit no matter what?

You've been all about why a man should love her woman whether she submits or not. But why would a woman not submit to her man in the first place?

So you will only submit to your husband if he loves you. So a man's love must be unconditional but your submission is conditional? Now who is selecting scripture here?

1Peter 3v1 -Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of their wives;

See from this scripture; that submission is as unconditional for a woman as love is for a man. That's why its good to marry a believer though.

You claim we rejected Christ yet He still loved us and died for us. Let me ask you, what is the end of those who reject Christ? Will they still make heaven no matter what? Because of the unconditional love of Christ?

Let me ask you this, and answer sincerely. If your man insist you answer his name and you say no. Is his insisting proof that he doesn't love you? Or you refusal is proof you're not submissive?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by precisionindepth: 7:46am On May 13, 2015
Hollamydey:
B4 nko, am still d daughter of my father. Besides am married 2 my husband nd nt sold 2 him so I still have d right 2 maintain by father's name nd dat of his, ko fa ija rara.....#my opinion
thk u jare, with all d humiliation women get cos dey marry, I tink dey shd still retain dere fathers name.
unless if its d husband DT took care of her from childhood to adulthood , den she doesn't v d right to put her fathers name.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by Nobody: 7:49am On May 13, 2015
MrsChima:

Just because you give her a ring and say I do doesn't mean she has to take your surname upon marriage. There is no law in it both land and scriptural.

You are very very wrong here. It has to be agreed by both parties...infact, the man has to give that permission to add her maiden name. The man married the woman, thus it is incontestable about the woman taking on the man's name. IT IS SCRIPTURAL and CONSTITUTIONAL. The reverse is the case in India, and some other countries...where the woman marries the man. Its no big deal as long as the man gives his consent.
Re: New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage by precisionindepth: 7:52am On May 13, 2015
donbenedict:
who is she? Am payn d bride price to her father as a sign of ownership..
so her father DT has spent millions, time, energy, affection and so on, on her nko. u paid bride price and so wat? how much is d bride price? and more so a man who doesn't pay bride price on a woman who lives with him is considered a thief and am very sure u won't and are not one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway (2019 Edition) / Man Impregnates Sister-In-Law In Lagos. His Wife Got Impregnated By Another Man / Man Who Accused A Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Sets To Wed A New Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.