Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707349 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by deoladtop: 9:24am On Jul 29, 2015
Good day all.I intend going for my masters degree and am looking at including university of central Florida as one of my prefered schools.is the school a good one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 29, 2015
Sorbital:

Thank you very much. I will write to the school this morning. Have them send my extension letter any time soon, get my visa approved on the 18th..Book a flight on 18th to travel on 22nd.

Hope I'm in order
Yes if the visa could be ready in 3 days, you can travel the next day.

But please book now and have the papers at hand so that if the VO asks if you've booked your flight, you nod yes grin

And he'll approve your visa to join your mates. Pray for luck too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2015
@mekurexx,bro I repiled your mail yesterday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by chidexhenry: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2015
visa approved oooo....all glory be to God. boss profojah! Oga slimmy05! n others u na to much ooo. Transcript coming soon....... baba God ni oo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 9:51am On Jul 29, 2015
akin3102:
Booking 18th and flying 22nd,you can't fly with emirate again which happens to be the cheapest airline for now.. Price will be over $1000 then..now you can still get less than $1000...The risk of booking ahead enables you to save more on flight at the long run.

Does it mean that u can book n not pay ( as in reserve a sit for ursef )until u wanna travel then u pay? or u will ve to pay immediately after booking..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by derrickcruz68: 9:53am On Jul 29, 2015
Ak thanks I go send the pm to slimmy05 and I go update u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 9:53am On Jul 29, 2015
I didnt get your reply. Only one I got was reply to my PM request
fregkay:
@mekurexx,bro I repiled your mail yesterday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2015
deoladtop:
Good day all.I intend going for my masters degree and am looking at including university of central Florida as one of my prefered schools.is the school a good one?
Yea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2015
chidexhenry:
visa approved oooo....all glory be to God. boss profojah! Oga slimmy05! n others u na to much ooo. Transcript coming soon....... baba God ni oo.
Congrats man. And keep the ball rolling grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 10:15am On Jul 29, 2015
nawa ooo people no longer post their transcripts thats not nice.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by chummygirl: 10:17am On Jul 29, 2015
BloodyMitch:
Seconded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:18am On Jul 29, 2015
chidexhenry:
Congratulations bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alani55(m): 10:18am On Jul 29, 2015
chidexhenry:

Congrats bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I currently live close to UMD, few minutes away from Greenbelt metro station

wow! that's cool. My school is actually in North West, DC but I'm not cut out for the rent and life in DC. I want to stay in Maryland. I don't mind a 30-40mins commute. I'll keep looking, I'm positive I'll find something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2015
chidexhenry:

Congratulations, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:21am On Jul 29, 2015
BloodyMitch:
chummygirl:
Seconded
They will definitely do....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2015
DeeTus:
@Happyney65, SirRiddy and Mekurexx. Check this below for scholarships, Funding and so on.

You guys will also find University of Miami Scholarship.

@SirRiddy, sorry, I forgot to reach you back and you didn't notify me.

Sorry man.

www.fundingusstudy.org

Thanks boss..Wld check and get back to you..I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ikobionu: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2015
Mekurexx:
No offence but I think this is simple maths. Why not email the program coordinator, ask your questions and start a ''rapport'' with him or her. Its easy and it shows your intent and seriousness. And as per the transcripts, if they said they dont need WES, then send them an unofficial transcript or tell your school(the school you did your undergrad) to send it to them. All these kinda hypertensive posts sef

Hi Mekus. I understand ur irritation and it's justified. But i already contacted the Graduate coordinator who in turn asked me to direct my questions to the admissions office. I've called several times and her voice is really low, i can't hear a thing. Thanks for ur opinion though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:22am On Jul 29, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Congratulations, boss!
Bro why d sudden change in font side.... I just av to put on my glasses b4 reading ur quote. Lol. How are u doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello House
Anybody flying Emirate dis Saturday?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2015
deoladtop:

UCF is solid.
Go ahead and apply.
Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by texrem(m): 10:30am On Jul 29, 2015
pls which date is available in Abuja us embassy..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2015
From my review of transcripts both old and most recent ones, Visa rejection is not dependent or influenced by GRE score at all. Rule that out... Call the student lazy or whatsoever but that is the impression been made here. #shootme
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by makinde851: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2015
Sorbital:

Told them in order to. Meet up with the resumption date for classes.... I referred to the i-20 as well.

In their exact words:

"Dear U.S. Visa Applicant,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Your request for permission to schedule an emergency appointment has been reviewed. We regret to inform you that your request has been denied.

Please visit our website at www.ustraveldocs.com for FAQs regarding requirements for emergency appointments.

Please find the details for denial:

Thank you,
The U.S. Embassy/Consulate"
look for an agent they will help you reschedule another persons own to create space for you it might cost yu 20k tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2015
[quote author=igbonerd post=36375114]

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:04am On Jul 29, 2015
makinde851:
look for an agent they will help you reschedule another persons own to create space for you it might cost yu 20k tho

Why sending this person to agent when he can do it himself..

No agent can get him his desired date because at the end they will use emergency request for him and he has already used the option.

I will advice him to just do night vigil and be checking available date because some folks will still cancel their date

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:08am On Jul 29, 2015
Sorbital:

Told them in order to. Meet up with the resumption date for classes.... I referred to the i-20 as well.

In their exact words:

"Dear U.S. Visa Applicant,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Your request for permission to schedule an emergency appointment has been reviewed. We regret to inform you that your request has been denied.

Please visit our website at www.ustraveldocs.com for FAQs regarding requirements for emergency appointments.

Please find the details for denial:

Thank you,
The U.S. Embassy/Consulate"

I will advice you to do night vigil and be checking available date because some folks will still cancel their date

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:09am On Jul 29, 2015
chidexhenry:

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for the link, Deetus.
Congrats Warriboy, enjoy Valpo.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2015
Any one flying Delta to ATL this friday I would be wearing a Red cap grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sitcom101: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2015
hello @justwise and everyone i am new to this forum, though this thread was created for USA student visa. my inquiries are about USA visit visa. if you can be of help.

my family and I want to apply for the USA visit visa soon. we will be getting an invitation letter from an uncle whose a citizen. however id like to ask about the procedure.

its 4 of us ( Myself,my mum and 2 other siblings). we all work and have steady income coming in. but id like to know if we will all need to provide our statements? My mum is willing to say she will sponsor part of the trip. i need to know what else we need. we all have been frequent flyers to other major countries, but this is myself and my siblings 1st time of applying to the US.

we also have another concern, my mum was granted a USA visa in 2009, but she was unable to use it, mostly due to unforeseen work engagements she had to attend. i read somewhere that if you don't use your previous visa it shouldn't be a problem in the eye of the VO. id just like to clarify if we should be worried about that. also the passport in which the visa was stamped has been lost. so if we r ask of details of the previous visa she will be unable to give it. what do we do in this case?

id just like your general guidance in making a strong case in getting the visit visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by guiterist: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Goodmrng all, i've been a silent follower of this thread and by d Grace of God my visa was approved dis mrng at abt 8:30 by d Chinese guy who was dashing out the blue form.
Many thanks God and to everyone who has been contributing here. May God open more doors for intending applicants and those that hv been denied bt intend re-applying.
Please have faith!
Honestly, there is no rule of engagement there. I gave a one word answer all through unless when very neccessary to say more. So, i'd say It's all about you been smart and confident with your reply and above all God's favor.

Transcript:
V.O: Goodmrng, please place your right hand for finger printing...
V.O: what are you going to do in the US?
Me: To study.
V.O: what course?
Me: Mba
V.O: where did you have your first degree?
Me: Lagos
VO: what did you study?
Me: Microbiology
VO: so why are you going for an Mba
Me: cos I will be going into business and I want to understand business from a profession angle.
VO: Good. Who will sponsor you
Me: my mother
VO: did you take any test?
Me: yes
VO: which one?
Me: toefl
VO: have you been out of nigeria?
Me: yes
VO: where?
Me: Kenya and tanzania on vacation
VO: your visa has been approved. Kindly pick it up at this circled location. Thank you
Me: Thank you

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.