Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707250 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2015
igbonerd:

Abeg what website did you go to book that?

Emirates dott com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2015
amanze15:
Any one flying Delta to ATL this friday I would be wearing a Red cap grin
u dn start, safe trip bro......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:57am On Jul 29, 2015
bartino:
u dn start, safe trip bro......
thank you, "am moving on to greater things I would be back in a giffe" reminisce alaga ibile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
DeeTus:
Yes if the visa could be ready in 3 days, you can travel the next day.

But please book now and have the papers at hand so that if the VO asks if you've booked your flight, you nod yes grin

And he'll approve your visa to join your mates. Pray for luck too.

Does my booking now involves paying now cos the money is not handy now cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Walspring:

Why sending this person to agent when he can do it himself..
No agent can get him his desired date because at the end they will use emergency request for him and he has already used the option.
I will advice him to just do night vigil and be checking available date because some folks will still cancel their date

Thank you very much boss...

I will keep the vigil... equally, I'd appreciate if someone else here can keep the vigil here along side myself... I would be most grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
Sorbital:

Nope. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

If return is actually cheaper than one-way, go ahead and book the flight. Maybe you could request for a refund on your return flight leg after you've arrived US, if that's possible. If not possible to request a refund on the return leg, it is still a win-win situation for you because you flew at a cheap price.

Just to let you know, flights booked to travel on tuesdays are usually the cheapest. Ensure that your travel date is a tuesday to enjoy the cheapest prices possible.
hope their refund policy is as transparent as possible?! Make money no burn o cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
Please, what is the difference between summer internships
and Optional Practical Training in the United States?
Anybody knowledgeable about these matters should please
provide a guide on these matters.
cc BigFrancis21 ebdib mystiqme slimmy05 deetus
ttmacoy msnas zeezahbee and every other guru who can*
contribute to this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
amanze15:

I'm flying Delta next week Sunday. Anybody flying on Sunday 9th to ATL via Delta?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
Am happy...congrats to my friends queen and njom they both got their visas this morning.AM NEXT!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
If you don't pay after 72hrs of booking,your itinerary will be cancelled..
Sorbital:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
You must pay 72hrs after booking hence your itinerary will be cancelled...
texrem:

Does it mean that u can book n not pay ( as in reserve a sit for ursef )until u wanna travel then u pay? or u will ve to pay immediately after booking..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
Nabylet:

I'm flying Delta next week Sunday. Anybody flying on Sunday 9th to ATL via Delta?
you can cancel and join me on friday cheesy wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
kennyrony:

Bro why d sudden change in font side.... I just av to put on my glasses b4 reading ur quote. Lol. How are u doing?

I'm good, boss! Lol!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
sirRiddy:
contribute to this.
OPT is an optional training and it run for 12-17 months depends on your course. You can only start OPT after you graduate. You are required to leave the USA 60days after the end of OPT

Summer internship could be CPT, you could earn credit for it. It could also be called IT ( like naija IT) and you resume the next semester to continue classes. The summer internship will be a job related to your course and it could also be unpaid.

OPT = after graduation

Summer internship ( CPT or iT ) = before graduation

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Thanks!

Ete, I dey for watt yunction, no be yoke I dey yoke o. Iya mmi! grin
lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
amanze15:
I wish u save trip bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by LUCAS99: 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
@forum members anybody with detailed information regarding the MAVNI military program should contact me ASAP. I intend joining the United States Military by the time I graduate next semester inorder to bypass the Green Card Process entirely and gain U.S. Citizenship.
Ojap, Imperioux, Walspring, BigFrancis21, Slimmy05, Zeezahbee and every other guru in the house your inputs are highly needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by derrickcruz68: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
Akin3102 abeg I no fit teach slimmy05 I can't send message to him pks do u know any other way I can contact him and. Bigfrancis.... Still on the sevis fee ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
please house, somebody going to Tennessee, what would be my POE/where I could use as my destination....wanna book my flight b4 the interview cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Congrats @guiterist Very smooth Interview. I guess that didnt last up to 5mins. Thank God for that..... Enjoy your stay! kiss smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
amanze15:
you can cancel and join me on friday cheesy wink
Cousin-brother. I hail you. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
@mekurexx,I replied your mail this morning.did u get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
Use Google to check the nearest POE.
Sorbital:
please house, somebody going to Tennessee, what would be my POE/where I could use as my destination....wanna book my flight b4 the interview cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
Chill someone will help you..hope you have filled the coupon
derrickcruz68:
Akin3102 abeg I no fit teach slimmy05 I can't send message to him pks do u know any other way I can contact him and. Bigfrancis.... Still on the sevis fee ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2015
sirRiddy:
contribute to this.

As an international student, you have options to do CPT or OPT to gain experience directly related to your field of study. CPT refers to any experience done while still in school such as a summer internship and OPT refers to the experience you do after you graduate and is for 27 months or so, I think. However, if you do an internship while still in school (CPT) for more than 1 year, it reduces the number of months you could spend doing OPT by the excess number of months beyond 1 year you spent in doing your summer internship(s) or CPT.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
derrickcruz68:

Heya, I have responded to your email. Got it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Sorbital:

Texas and Chicago international airports are close POEs to Tennessee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
LUCAS99:
@forum members anybody with detailed information regarding the MAVNI military program should contact me ASAP. I intend joining the United States Military by the time I graduate next semester inorder to bypass the Green Card Process entirely and gain U.S. Citizenship.
Ojap, Imperioux, Walspring, BigFrancis21, Slimmy05, Zeezahbee and every other guru in the house your inputs are highly needed.

From what I know, you need to be in valid status on any non-immigrant visa first to qualify and you have to be in that status for at 2 years to qualify. Say, an international student doing his masters, which usually lasts for 2 years, will be eligible to join the army as soon as he is done with his masters study for 2 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
amanze15:
hope their refund policy is as transparent as possible?! Make money no burn o cry cry

It is. Emirates will refund you your ticket money, minus $200.cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
sitcom101:
hello @justwise and everyone i am new to this forum, though this thread was created for USA student visa. my inquiries are about USA visit visa. if you can be of help.

my family and I want to apply for the USA visit visa soon. we will be getting an invitation letter from an uncle whose a citizen. however id like to ask about the procedure.

its 4 of us ( Myself,my mum and 2 other siblings). we all work and have steady income coming in. but id like to know if we will all need to provide our statements? My mum is willing to say she will sponsor part of the trip. i need to know what else we need. we all have been frequent flyers to other major countries, but this is myself and my siblings 1st time of applying to the US.

we also have another concern, my mum was granted a USA visa in 2009, but she was unable to use it, mostly due to unforeseen work engagements she had to attend. i read somewhere that if you don't use your previous visa it shouldn't be a problem in the eye of the VO. id just like to clarify if we should be worried about that. also the passport in which the visa was stamped has been lost. so if we r ask of details of the previous visa she will be unable to give it. what do we do in this case?

id just like your general guidance in making a strong case in getting the visit visa.

@bold...actually that is an issue itself. Not making use of a visa granted to you often raises eyebrows and suspicion from the visa officer and you will have to come up with a good reason to explain why you did not travel or use the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
HoneyBronzed:

wow! that's cool. My school is actually in North West, DC but I'm not cut out for the rent and life in DC. I want to stay in Maryland. I don't mind a 30-40mins commute. I'll keep looking, I'm positive I'll find something.

In that case, ensure that your house is directly along a bus route that runs to and fro DC such as buses 83, 86, etc that run between Maryland and DC. That way, you just step out of your house, catch the bus and you're on your way to school.

www.nextbus.com will be your new nairaland. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.