Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707302 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by teelekan: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
Guiterist, congratulations.
What school are you going, if you don't mind my asking?

Mekurexx, how every? I hail o. Thanks for the help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
Yeah I go buzz your line make we relate. Thanks
fregkay:
@mekurexx,I replied your mail this morning.did u get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
Im alright man... Nothing jor.we here to help eachother. @teelekan

Btw @kennyrony I saw your post about applying to Murray State Uni on Part 6 thread. DId you still apply or are you there already? I'm applying to the school. Is it a lowly ranked school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
amanze15:
thank you, "am moving on to greater things I would be back in a giffe" reminisce alaga ibile

Lol
You blood is hot.
Have a safe flight!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks zee and Francis.
Please do you know how to go about the CPT?
I heard it is quite competitive to secure summer internships
as it is mostly students in highly ranked programs that recruiters want.
Also, what steps do you advise one to take in order to secure such positions?
Lastly, how valuable is this towards getting a company to file for you after schooling?
PS:Any online resources that you know of would be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
LUCAS99:
@forum members anybody with detailed information regarding the MAVNI military program should contact me ASAP. I intend joining the United States Military by the time I graduate next semester inorder to bypass the Green Card Process entirely and gain U.S. Citizenship.
Ojap, Imperioux, Walspring, BigFrancis21, Slimmy05, Zeezahbee and every other guru in the house your inputs are highly needed.

I'm not sure international students from Nigeria qualify!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
LUCAS99:
@forum members anybody with detailed information regarding the MAVNI military program should contact me ASAP. I intend joining the United States Military by the time I graduate next semester inorder to bypass the Green Card Process entirely and gain U.S. Citizenship.
Ojap, Imperioux, Walspring, BigFrancis21, Slimmy05, Zeezahbee and every other guru in the house your inputs are highly needed.

Oh Yeah, you're eligible to enlist if you've maintained a legal stay in the US not less than 2years(Even if you leave, you didn't stay for more than 90days) on any of the non-immigrant visas category. Having any current medical licence and knowing another language(including Yoruba,hausa and igbo) is all to your advantage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2015
LUCAS99:

The MAVNI program is one route to citizenship, but you have to meet the recruitment criteria. And then you have to do your term of enlistment in the military. I did several years in the Army and will tell you that it is not for everyone.

That being said, your best bet is to talk to a recruiter. They are filling quotas for different positions all the time and you will have to take the ASVAB to find out what positions you would even qualify for. And the military is in the process of downsizing as well...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
amanze15:
you can cancel and join me on friday cheesy wink

Hahaha, no o, I have not finished buying my garri and Equsi and red oil grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Stewee:

I'm not sure international students from Nigeria qualify!

They do, especially Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba speakers. They were mentioned specifically on the list of eligible language speakers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Djpunpin: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hello house. Pls I wonna ask if university of cetral Florida is not a red flag. Can I please hook up with someone that is studying in the institution at present. Pls Pls house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

They do, especially Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba speakers. They were mentioned specifically on the list of eligible language speakers.
The Mavin usually start application process by december through march. The basically accept people that can speak foreign language.

The first step is to apply online , visit a recruiter in your area, then afterwards they will call and you get interview on the phone. You will be told to speak the language to an officer who can also speak. The officer will speak ask you what do you call this and that in your language. You need to be fast because that is the first process. Once you are able to convince the officer, the next step follow. Medicals, background check and letter for your school DSO. You will be exempt from OPt or my other academic stuff you have at that moment.

It's a long process but if one is determined. It finally worked for my friend because I knew the steps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
sirRiddy:
Thanks zee and Francis.
Please do you know how to go about the CPT?
I heard it is quite competitive to secure summer internships
as it is mostly students in highly ranked programs that recruiters want.
Also, what steps do you advise one to take in order to secure such positions?
Lastly, how valuable is this towards getting a company to file for you after schooling?
PS:Any online resources that you know of would be highly appreciated.
CPT is a department thing. Your department will tell you if you need it. Like I said it is IT, you can't force your department to let you go for it if they don't need it. Focus on getting GA,Ra or TA or on campus employment.

For example, am starting clinical practicum this fall, the department have posted us to some hospitals. I will network when I get there so by the time am done, the hospitals could retain me for OPT. That is the advantage of CPT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Oh yes, I corrected that!
I had it confused with something else...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:
The Mavin usually start application process by december through march. The basically accept people that can speak foreign language.

The first step is to apply online , visit a recruiter in your area, then afterwards they will call and you get interview on the phone. You will be told to speak the language to an officer who can also speak. The officer will speak ask you what do you call this and that in your language. You need to be fast because that is the first process. Once you are able to convince the officer, the next step follow. Medicals, background check and letter for your school DSO. You will be exempt from OPt or my other academic stuff you have at that moment.

It's a long process but if one is determined. It finally worked for my friend because I knew the steps

I don't mind being drilled in my language let me prove my Igbo speaking prowess!grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:

Good stuff Zee!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I don't mind being drilled in my language let me prove my Igbo speaking prowess!grin
Once you get approval, all your F-1 status , OPt hustle has ended. You can even abuse them at the international office cheesy cheesy cheesy

Then you off to camp but they can still bounce you if you don't perform well

They will drill and make you sweat but it worth it at the end.

I can't do this, the marriage process is the best . They are loads of cute naija guy looking for wifey grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:

Una go become Soldier be that kee?If them come post person to Afghanistan nko?Person fit die naaa...Na where that your friend dey now?..Me dey fear all these kain thing oh..Abeg na Marriage sure pass naa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Lmao...
My igbo is getting all messed up... spoke to ma Mom the other day and I was stammering.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:
Once you get approval, all your F-1 status , OPt hustle has ended. You can even abuse them at the international office cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can't do this, the marriage process is the best . They are loads of cute naija guy looking for wifey grin

Hahahaha!
Plz when it's time,invite me for the party!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
happney65:

Una go become Soldier be that kee?If them come post person to Afghanistan nko?Person fit die naaa...Na where that your friend dey now?..Me dey fear all these kain thing oh..Abeg na Marriage sure pass naa.

I have a friend that was actually posted to Iraq.
The guy balled o.
Kept posting pics of himself at the army base in Baghdad. It's not what you think.
Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks a lot. So, the clinical practicum
is part of the requirements for earning your degree?
zeezahbee:
CPT is a department thing. Your department will tell you if you need it. Like I said it is IT, you can't force your department to let you go for it if they don't need it. Focus on getting GA,Ra or TA or on campus employment.

For example, am starting clinical practicum this fall, the department have posted us to some hospitals. I will network when I get there so by the time am done, the hospitals could retain me for OPT. That is the advantage of CPT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:

Nice.
No vex too much when you see all the clinicals we crammed but didn't practice well o. Lol.

There are lots of Nigerian docs in the Houston metro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
bbdd:

I have a friend that was actually posted to Iraq.
The guy balled o.
Kept posting pics of the army base in Baghdad. It's not what you think.
Lol

Of.course bro..Even if na War people.still dry.survive..But people still dey die naaa..And coupled with the fact that I no go fit fuk woman for only god knows how long...Abegi I no.wan die yet..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
happney65:

Of.course bro..Even if na War people.still dry.survive..But people still dey die naaa..And coupled with the fact that I no go fit fuk woman for only god knows how long...Abegi I no.wan die yet..

Fear fear. tongue
He was an army engineer.
Not everyone gets to be at the forefront you know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
URGENT:
Visa approved today,(Abuja embassy) quite excited, all thanks to all who assisted me on these threads, i just cant stay naming you all, i will post my transcript when i leave fashion designing office cheesy
I have the following question to ask;
I check my online status it shows:Administrative processing.
Passport tracking status gives : your passport is still with the US/ consulate.

I will like to kindly asked if i am in line before i become so overexcited, my passport was collected and the pick up form was given to me.

Further more, who knows how i can get the cheapest flight to Detroit, and how i can get to book and pay now. Also, please, what do you mean by Fidelity PTA , can i open my account with them and get all that?...Your answers willl be highly appreciated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by daret002(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:

#Lmao...that's cool sha. I've been fighting to serve in the military here in Nigeria. If I think for a microsecond that I can serve in america, I would leave no stone unturned #thatsDSpirit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by daret002(m): 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
happney65:

Ahahahahahahhaha....u guys are making my day! Can't stop laffin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
briefty:
URGENT:
Visa approved today,(Abuja embassy) quite excited, all thanks to all who assisted me on these threads, i just cant stay naming you all, i will post my transcript when i leave fashion designing office cheesy

I will like to kindly asked if i am in line before i become so overexcited, my passport was collected and the pick up form was given to me.

Further more, who knows how i can get the cheapest flight to Detroit, and how i can get to book and pay now. Also, please, what do you mean by Fidelity PTA , can i open my account with them and get all that?...Your answers willl be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
zeezahbee:

The last time I checked Mr. Ibu is single and desperately searching. I heard he's got US citizenship. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2015
briefty:
URGENT:

Congrats. Book your flight with Emirates, and ensure that your travel date is on a Tuesday to take advantage of the cheapest fares possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
godG:

Mo n je, Oluwa mi. grin

I see you o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.