Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709830 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 6:43pm On May 26, 2015
Please gurus in the house has anybody hear or read any form of US rankings like this American Institute of the subject named? My school recently upgrade to #13 national ranking on AIP American institute of Physics. I want find out if it is adviseable to mention this as one of the reasons of choosen my school.what do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 6:51pm On May 26, 2015
Is your course physics related? If yes,u can but u need to package it well.
udeyokay:
Please gurus in the house has anybody hear or read any form of US rankings like this American Institute of the subject named? My school recently upgrade to #13 national ranking on AIP American institute of Physics. I want find out if it is adviseable to mention this as one of the reasons of choosen my school.what do you think?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:53pm On May 26, 2015
amanze15:
Funny interview today grin grin even though I was denied for the second time.....it goes thus?! At abuja!!!

VO: hey good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: documents pls
VO: sorry your fingerprints hasn't reflected. Pls lets have it again,
Me: okay
*four fingers left four finger right two thumbs*
VO: so why are going to the US
ME: for my master degree in geological and geophysical engineering at MST
VO: so how did u get to know about the school
ME: I catalogued using princeton review, usnews e.t.c I got a good review from a professor in my undergraduate school and my brother in law who is an alumni
VO: are u married? *With a smile*
ME: NO* with a smile too*
VO: what would this degree do for U?!
ME: it would come a long way in developing me and setting me up in Nigeria since a lot of expertise and experience and called for in my field, coming home starting up a firm or going back to school as a lecturer
VO: so what have u been doing since secondary oh am sorry since ur university?!
ME: I did the compulsory service which I finished in 22 october 2014 since then I worked as an hydrogeologist trainee at a state firm saddled with the duties of providing water for the rural populace in kogi state
VO: whose sponsoring U?!
Me : my cousin my parents would have loved to sponsored me buh he took it as a sign of gratitude to my parents *she was nt listening*
VO:sorry who do u say was sponsoring u?!
ME: my cousin.............. then she spotted a letterheaded paper from my dad I submitted as a document earlier oh,
VO: he's a successful businessman, he sells localand international manufactured cosmetics and he also into real estate and oil and gas
VO: why would keep such money for u to study abroad?!
ME: *pity and sad face* he's was very supportive of my aspirations to go further my studies in the states after I told him of my plans
VO: how does he makes such profits?! * now I knew she was playing with my head
ME: I explained profiteering 101 to her as a igbo boi wey I be
VO: any bank statement?!
ME: yes passes it
VO* she looks at the current exchange pasted by her side, she zoomed off for like 5 minutes
ME* said hail mary and prayed it clicked
VO : oh am sorry ur visa cant be approved now I wish ur the best of luck in ur future endeavours am sorry
Me: thank u,....

Guess its the sponsor ish, I didn't apply early so I didn't qualify for scholarship, my dad is paying for my trip but he doesn't have cash flow right now, he's cash is in some estate investments and he's at a traditional ruler at my hometown my cousin is the only one with such cash in flow in his accounts......pls house help me on what to do, am keen on furthering my studies I don't have any motives I need your help and advise

Sorry about your denial!
At this point you've apparently been making the same mistake.
First you have to take a break from the embassy. Then you need to review everything from the top.
You already look desperate to them at the embassy even though you may not necessarily be.

From your transcript, you trailed off at some point... By that I mean, you started to bore him/her. Even you confessed it.

Nothing is wrong with your cousin sponsoring you, the thing is whatever reason you gotta give, let it make sense/meaning to even an slowpoke.
There's a lot of things you can do from now to your next application. Avail yourself to these changes, you wana go there again looking fresh, vibrant and purposeful.

That you course, did you say you wana come back and build borehole in your village? LMFAO grin. Dude yo! Stop it!!!

A lot of ppl here are skilled to help you. Get all the help you can get. Don't relent!!!

All the best brah!

#Bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 6:57pm On May 26, 2015
akin3102:
Is your course physics related? If yes,u can but u need to package it well.
Ya thank you bro my course is Physics graduate studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Glocal1: 6:59pm On May 26, 2015
bbdd:

You be police? Ahn Ahn See nonstop questions..
One by one. Shoot me a pm preferably.
ok bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Glocal1: 7:00pm On May 26, 2015
bbdd:

You be police? Ahn Ahn See nonstop questions..
One by one. Shoot me a pm preferably.
ok bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ifecttt(m): 7:02pm On May 26, 2015
ddammyrajitola:

Congrats. I really celebrate as i tap into your grace for success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 7:38pm On May 26, 2015
udeyokay:

Thank you God blessings they said I should continue tomorrow I have exceeded the number of times I will vist the site in a day. But I have comfirmed it with another login details

Lets give the thanks to Most High..

How many login details do you have I hope you wont complicate things for yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 26, 2015
Good day guys, thanks to everyone who's been helping me its just one more question I have concerning my DS-160

I was asked if I have attended any secondary education and the date of start and end of attendance. Currently I'm in secondary school and be graduating in July . I have put in the date I began attending the school but I tried putting in July as the date I would finish and it told me I can't put a future date or today which means I can't put July as the date I would finish attending. Now please what do I do? Do I put no that I have not attended any previous secondary education since I'm still in secondary school......or should I put the highest date possible which is 25th yesterday (hoping to show I'm still in attendance)

Please guys response needed ASAP

Thanks for ur responses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 7:58pm On May 26, 2015
Walspring:

Lets give the thanks to Most High..

How many login details do you have I hope you wont complicate things for yourself
The longin the 2nd details I used doesn't have any thing to do with me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2015
Research interest is good for u since you are going for graduate studies..this might be your last reason though.
udeyokay:

Ya thank you bro my course is Physics graduate studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richmond996: 8:14pm On May 26, 2015
virginice:
Any nl in Houston? cheesy

It was really terrible. Is it always like this every year .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 8:26pm On May 26, 2015
akin3102:
Research interest is good for u since you are going for graduate studies..this might be your last reason though.
Thank you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:29pm On May 26, 2015
profojah:
kennyronny, Abeg call me, your number isn't going...pls very important
Sorry bro, na fuel scarcity and Electricity cos am. My phone as been down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tunedhey: 8:42pm On May 26, 2015
profojah:

SAT & TOEFL for Undergraduates, GRE & TOEFL for graduates(MSc PhD),..It is advisable, as a genuine prospective student, to do at least one or both, even if your doesn't demand
Boss, wah of IELTS? For graduate programs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 26, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 9:00pm On May 26, 2015
tunedhey:

Boss, wah of IELTS? For graduate programs
IELTS is also test of English just like TOEFL. It for but graduate and undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 9:07pm On May 26, 2015
f8luv87:
Thanks

+GMAT(Graduate) if applicable

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2015
amanze15:
Funny interview today grin grin even though I was denied for the second time.....it goes thus?! At abuja!!!

VO: hey good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: documents pls
VO: sorry your fingerprints hasn't reflected. Pls lets have it again,
Me: okay
*four fingers left four finger right two thumbs*
VO: so why are going to the US
ME: for my master degree in geological and geophysical engineering at MST
VO: so how did u get to know about the school
ME: I catalogued using princeton review, usnews e.t.c I got a good review from a professor in my undergraduate school and my brother in law who is an alumni
VO: are u married? *With a smile*
ME: NO* with a smile too*
VO: what would this degree do for U?!
ME: it would come a long way in developing me and setting me up in Nigeria since a lot of expertise and experience and called for in my field, coming home starting up a firm or going back to school as a lecturer
VO: so what have u been doing since secondary oh am sorry since ur university?!
ME: I did the compulsory service which I finished in 22 october 2014 since then I worked as an hydrogeologist trainee at a state firm saddled with the duties of providing water for the rural populace in kogi state
VO: whose sponsoring U?!
Me : my cousin my parents would have loved to sponsored me buh he took it as a sign of gratitude to my parents *she was nt listening*
VO:sorry who do u say was sponsoring u?!
ME: my cousin.............. then she spotted a letterheaded paper from my dad I submitted as a document earlier oh,
VO: he's a successful businessman, he sells localand international manufactured cosmetics and he also into real estate and oil and gas
VO: why would keep such money for u to study abroad?!
ME: *pity and sad face* he's was very supportive of my aspirations to go further my studies in the states after I told him of my plans
VO: how does he makes such profits?! * now I knew she was playing with my head
ME: I explained profiteering 101 to her as a igbo boi wey I be
VO: any bank statement?!
ME: yes passes it
VO* she looks at the current exchange pasted by her side, she zoomed off for like 5 minutes
ME* said hail mary and prayed it clicked
VO : oh am sorry ur visa cant be approved now I wish ur the best of luck in ur future endeavours am sorry
Me: thank u,....

Guess its the sponsor ish, I didn't apply early so I didn't qualify for scholarship, my dad is paying for my trip but he doesn't have cash flow right now, he's cash is in some estate investments and he's at a traditional ruler at my hometown my cousin is the only one with such cash in flow in his accounts......pls house help me on what to do, am keen on furthering my studies I don't have any motives I need your help and advise

@bolded..they really don't care unfortunately. You need to be clear-cut and firm in your responses; have good enough reasons for having your cousin as sponsor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 26, 2015
akin3102:
Why guy say cousin self? ...anyone other than you in your family is ones uncle abi aunty.. Hope am right?
Lets not talk about this again.

He can only focus on the future right now. He needs encouragement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 9:28pm On May 26, 2015
Am not critising him..just trying to clear the air for new members.. Thanks Sir.. Me too na learner I be oh..will post my pre interview when am ready..
DeeTus:
Lets not talk about this again.

He can only focus on the future right now. He needs encouragement.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 26, 2015
biikeys:

@bolded..they really don't care unfortunately. You need to be clear-cut and firm in your responses; have good enough reasons for having your cousin as sponsor.
I will give you a lot of credit, if you go to the embassy with cousin as a sponsor and get the visa.

It's just that some sponsors aren't right, like cousin, friend. We're talking money here, paying tuition and so on, and not just paper work for caricature.

That's the why the VO rephrased her question to hear him clearly.

Take care.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2015
DeeTus:
From my stringent analysis, you don't need any co-sponsor whatsoever, otherwise your application would be denied again.

What you need right now is single sponsor. Your uncle or aunt.

Having your cousin as co-sponsor once again will spell doom to your visa application. Read and be wise.
buh my I-20 is with "funds from cousin" do I request for an updated I-20 carrying funds from uncle?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 9:47pm On May 26, 2015
profojah:

You too dey [warri] too much grin
Don't [warri], your i20 will be prepared and probably be sent this week,..And You fit get am next week.

my boss no vex na reflex..lol

ok thks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Larminess: 9:50pm On May 26, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 9:56pm On May 26, 2015
ddammyrajitola:

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:02pm On May 26, 2015
udeyokay:

The longin the 2nd details I used doesn't have any thing to do with me.

Okay and good to hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 26, 2015
amanze15:
buh my I-20 is with "funds from cousin" do I request for an updated I-20 carrying funds from uncle?!
Chill and defer your application to next Winter.

And change your source of funds to family. Uncle is part of family.

Also, try to get a small scholarship in your case because that can make a difference as well.

Sucess sometimes does not come over night. So smile and be happy because it's not over yet.

"Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise."

Take care.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:20pm On May 26, 2015
I cant cry................. But water is coming out of my eyes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:24pm On May 26, 2015
Walspring:
Hope no problem bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by udeyokay: 11:02pm On May 26, 2015
Walspring:
What happened bro? God most surely console us this time in Jesus name Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 11:16pm On May 26, 2015
any body with an ideal of a good school to apply for PHD chemical engineering as a chemistry and math major ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.